PDA

View Full Version : OPA gets a new Logo

Ron P
01-20-2010, 04:42 PM
Hello OPA Racers and Race Fans,

As we move toward the start of the 2010 racing season you’ll notice some changes being made along the way. The goal of these changes is to elevate the image of OPA both on and off the race course and to make OPA a more marketable property. The first and most distinguishable change is our new logo. As you can see, this logo is far more contemporary and more in line with what sponsors expect to see from a professional motorsport.

Don’t worry, we haven’t given up tradition, we’ll still use the High Points Champion logo on the boats, but for all other communications and web site graphics, this will be the new one.

Look for more news to come as the weather gets warmer.

See you at the Party,
Smitty, Augie and Louie

DrGaryDC
01-20-2010, 05:13 PM
Looks great guys

1waterboy1
01-20-2010, 05:18 PM
Hello OPA Racers and Race Fans,

As we move toward the start of the 2010 racing season you’ll notice some changes being made along the way. The goal of these changes is to elevate the image of OPA both on and off the race course and to make OPA a more marketable property. The first and most distinguishable change is our new logo. As you can see, this logo is far more contemporary and more in line with what sponsors expect to see from a professional motorsport.

Don’t worry, we haven’t given up tradition, we’ll still use the High Points Champion logo on the boats, but for all other communications and web site graphics, this will be the new one.

Look for more news to come as the weather gets warmer.

See you at the Party,
Smitty, Augie and Louie

Great decision OPA.The new logo looks great

imco offshore
01-20-2010, 05:26 PM
very rich looking, good job

Slandrew
01-20-2010, 06:40 PM
Nice but where is the gun&the bat?

Hauling Trash
01-20-2010, 06:45 PM
Love it

sbracing
01-20-2010, 08:32 PM
Nice but where is the gun&the bat?

They aren't what a sponsor expects from a professional motorsport.

Nice job on new logo.

Slandrew
01-21-2010, 07:35 AM

Nice job on new logo.It was a joke meat head!:boxing_smiley:

runninhotracing
01-21-2010, 09:25 AM
good job ,the new logo looks great

RPM
01-21-2010, 09:35 AM
Looks nice Ron!

AugiePensa
01-21-2010, 12:25 PM

Nice job on new logo.

That's The Jersey Boyz Logo. SB is kinda right, either way I hate the new logo! But we'll come to some agreement!

sbracing
01-21-2010, 07:23 PM
It was a joke meat head!:boxing_smiley:

Stifle , Archie!

SHARKEY-IMAGES
01-21-2010, 09:40 PM
See you at the Party,
Smitty, Augie and Louie

I hope this means I don't have to start all over...... :ack2:

New one looks cool too though....

http://sharkeyimages.zenfolio.com/img/v7/p9912768-3.jpg

http://sharkeyimages.zenfolio.com/img/v8/p660816681-3.jpg

inbetween
01-21-2010, 10:18 PM
Very nice, looks great!

Bodyshot1
01-22-2010, 12:26 PM
well done guys..very professional & classy. I love the old stuff too, and when it was just us banging around in our backyard, they were great. Smitty & crew are moving the organization forward, and in a big way. This is a small, but significant, step in that direction. See you @ Awards Party...

Ron P
01-22-2010, 03:25 PM
Ok, lets try this again.

Thanks to 2 Trick Rick, we have a new and improved logo. We are done. This is now the official 2010 OPA logo.

You can go to www.oparacing.homestead.com and download the new logo as well as the flaming boat logo.

Thanks Rick!!!! This is now a logo we can all feel proud of. about.

SHARKEY-IMAGES
01-22-2010, 06:44 PM
Thanks guys !!! Great work !

I have made a decision to stick with the original logo on any images that were taken prior to 2010 .

The 2010 Racing Season's images will sport the new logo if needed.

Slandrew
01-23-2010, 08:00 AM
What about this 1??:willy_nilly:

phragle
01-23-2010, 11:24 AM
nothing personal, just my opinion... i liked the old new logo better than the new new logo. To me that red, white and blue prop... that idea is just so overdone and over used. MLB uses it the NBA uses it, golf uses it, he uses it, she uses it... to me it just screams that little Billy got photoshop and turned his skateboard, bicycle, nintentdo, rc car, or popcicle into a logo. There is just no originality, no distinction or anything to catch my eye in it. IMHO something over-used and over-done gets ignored not noticed.

AugiePensa
01-23-2010, 12:38 PM
Thanks guys !!! Great work !

I have made a decision to stick with the original logo on any images that were taken prior to 2010 .

The 2010 Racing Season's images will sport the new logo if needed.

That's fine Sharkey. I'm like the old one too!

Freezeframevideo
01-23-2010, 01:17 PM
There all Good
http://i314.photobucket.com/albums/ll434/FreezeFrameVideo/2009sunnyisles/opaposte1raaaacopy.jpg

Bilgerat
01-23-2010, 10:09 PM
The first new logo looks Professional if that was the goal. Looks like a Sparco Seat type font. Definitely motorsports oriented. The second new logo I like as well and have often thought about doing that MLB kind of design, don't know about the prop though, kinda hard to tell what it is. Didn't that one guy that was trying to start up Factory1 again have a comparable red white and blue logo, I apologize i don't remember his name. Wasn't it the "something "Racing League" "

Bilgerat
01-23-2010, 10:13 PM
Just came to me while i was downloading those new logos, It was the "Offshore Racing League" ORL I thought with a red white and blue thing

jayboat
01-23-2010, 10:39 PM
Just came to me while i was downloading those new logos, It was the "Offshore Racing League" ORL I thought with a red white and blue thing

That monstrosity looked like a penis! :ack2: It never went anywhere and was only seen on a couple of websites.

This is nice work and has a clean motorsport feel to it, but I'm with Phraggy- that graphic device does feel a little overused. I would have used a boat instead of a prop- at business card size it's kinda sorta hard to tell what it is.

Set up a smaller-size version and open up the character spacing a bit on the 'OFFSHORE POWERBOAT ASSOCIATION'.

THEJOKER
01-23-2010, 10:57 PM
That monstrosity looked like a penis! :ack2: It never went anywhere and was only seen on a couple of websites.

This is nice work and has a clean motorsport feel to it, but I'm with Phraggy- that graphic device does feel a little overused. I would have used a boat instead of a prop- at business card size it's kinda sorta hard to tell what it is.

Set up a smaller-size version and open up the character spacing a bit on the 'OFFSHORE POWERBOAT ASSOCIATION'. Yea the ORL Logo sucked. Oh wait it's now the Serious Offshore Logo!

Freezeframevideo
01-24-2010, 06:52 PM
http://i314.photobucket.com/albums/ll434/FreezeFrameVideo/2009sunnyisles/opaposte1raabbbbbaacopy.jpg

MarylandMark
01-24-2010, 07:44 PM
OPA in 1st post much better than the NBA looking one with the prop IMHO

fund razor
01-25-2010, 07:50 AM
One day, when all sport logos look exactly like the NBA and IRL logos, (as if generated by an app that turns all logos into IRL/NBA style) they will all blend together and lose their branding impact.

fund razor
01-25-2010, 07:52 AM
Seems like theres a lot already.

phragle
01-25-2010, 11:54 AM
If searching for a more professional looking logo, why steal one that is over stolen and shows zero originality, zero credibility?? its like logo splashing......

AugiePensa
01-26-2010, 02:56 PM
If searching for a more professional looking logo, why steal one that is over stolen and shows zero originality, zero credibility?? its like logo splashing......

We're all ears, wadda got?