PDA

View Full Version : Build sheet?

xlr8by
01-18-2010, 03:56 PM
Is there anyway to get a build sheet stating the way a top gun left the factory and what options etc. were on it, plus what the retail price was for the year? I am specifically asking about a 2003. Thanks

xlr8by
01-19-2010, 04:30 PM
Is there anyway to get a build sheet stating the way a top gun left the factory and what options etc. were on it, plus what the retail price was for the year? I am specifically asking about a 2003. Thanks

Anyone?

Sea-Dated
01-19-2010, 04:35 PM
I would think you could call the factory and maybe get lucky but I wouldn't hold me breath.

Biggus
01-19-2010, 09:02 PM
Call Tim G @ Cigarette, he should be able to hook you up.

Kurt

BillR
01-20-2010, 05:57 PM
Call Tim G @ Cigarette, he should be able to hook you up.

Kurt

You'll need your hull ID number.

Here is what one looks like.

Seafordguy
01-20-2010, 07:06 PM

Damn - that boat was built on my 21st birthday.

xlr8by
03-08-2010, 03:38 PM

This is exactly what I am looking for! I have left Tim a couple of messages, and then finally got a hold of him, and he told me that the build sheets are not worth the paper they are printed on for a boat that old...keep in mind the boat is a 2003!! Can anyone help? I really would like to have this sheet for my boat.

Biggus
03-08-2010, 04:31 PM
This is exactly what I am looking for! I have left Tim a couple of messages, and then finally got a hold of him, and he told me that the build sheets are not worth the paper they are printed on for a boat that old...keep in mind the boat is a 2003!! Can anyone help? I really would like to have this sheet for my boat.

:ack2:

GENERAL LEE
03-08-2010, 06:11 PM
This is exactly what I am looking for!

I have left Tim a couple of messages, and then finally got a hold of him, and he told me that the build sheets are not worth the paper they are printed on for a boat that old...keep in mind the boat is a 2003!!

Can anyone help? I really would like to have this sheet for my boat.

It sounds like you may have caught Tim on a busy day! http://smiliesftw.com/x/ughmamorubluea.gif (http://smiliesftw.com)

Your boat isn't old, and especially not that old. They have the build sheets filed away in their computers somewhere, and from a lot farther back than 2003, because they can easily reference a certain boats' options, or paint codes that way.

Example: A friend of mine that happens to own the actual boat from the 1989 James Bond movie License to Kill, was able to get his boats' build sheets (which confirmed those details), when he bought the boat back in the 90's as the 2nd owner.

There have been other members on the forums, who have been able to get the build sheets for their boats without much trouble as well. Unless they somehow didn't get transferred to the new factory when they moved, they should be there somewhere.

The head paint designer during the time they moved, had ALL of the boats that THEY painted or designed, on his computer filed by serial number. I remember, because I was AMAZED at the amount of info he had stored there to work with. His name was Gustavo, and isn't there anymore. There were a few different Gustavo's that have worked for Cigarette, and without Neill Hernandez there to help, I have no idea who would know where to look for those files.

Good luck, and I hope you find someone there that could help dig those up.

xlr8by
03-08-2010, 06:46 PM
It sounds like you may have caught Tim on a busy day!
There have been other members on the forums, who have been able to get the build sheets for their boats without much trouble as well. Unless they somehow didn't get transferred to the new factory when they moved, they should be there somewhere.

Good luck, and I hope you find someone there that could help dig those up.

General Lee,
I wanted to give Tim the benefit of the doubt that is why I have been trying to get this one sheet of paper for close to two months! Has anyone got a build sheet since they moved to the new factory? Anyone have anyone elses contact info? I even offerred to pay the factory for it. I just want to have it for my boats file.

Bobcat
03-08-2010, 06:52 PM
We probably have some members in the factory area.....might be one of those "if you show up in person" type of things. it is worth a shot.