PDA

View Full Version : 24 on craigs list

cosmic12
01-17-2010, 11:31 AM
Somewhere and I can't find it now someone posted a link to a 24 on craigs list Miami Fla. Anyway everyone was questioning the ad and if it was a scam or what. It was for 11800.00 big block on a trailer that looked sorta nice.
I responded and asked for more info and pics.
Here is what I got with no other info at all.
What do ya think?

cosmic12
01-17-2010, 11:32 AM
A few more

cosmic12
01-17-2010, 11:40 AM
few more, I didn't get the HIN# as I asked or any other info asked for, just pictures. I replied that I would have to pass for now.

DAREDEVIL
01-17-2010, 12:01 PM
I think its a nice little boat, but for 11 K .....mmmhhhhh, by the time your thru it can easy be 20 + K .

Looks like work to me, water pickup needs to be in the back, drive is probably a TRS ???

Bottom needs to get checked, bolsters need to be replaced,look shot to me.
engine ???????

But ...yeah, 24 Pantera !!! LOL:rolleyes:

cosmic12
01-17-2010, 07:19 PM
I just wish I could find the orig pics.

sledge
01-17-2010, 08:14 PM
http://miami.craigslist.org/search/boa?query=pantera&catAbbreviation=boa&minAsk=min&maxAsk=max

Look for the one asking for $11800

cosmic12
01-17-2010, 08:40 PM
http://miami.craigslist.org/search/boa?query=pantera&catAbbreviation=boa&minAsk=min&maxAsk=max

Look for the one asking for $11800

Thats the one, Thanks:cheers2:

Dude! Sweet!
01-18-2010, 01:33 AM
The cabin picture... with enough line and fenders to run a small crabbing operation... That's Miami-ese for "rotten cabin floor." :sifone:

cosmic12
01-18-2010, 10:22 AM
Ya I saw that and thought, well if it was left like that what other hell has it been through

slpcamaross97
01-18-2010, 11:17 AM
Did anyone notice in the first post, First picture on the left hand side of the pic you can see another boat, Almost looks like the 28ft pantera race boat with Obs. I know dude would be able to name the boat ive seen pics of it on this from before. THe one thats red orange and ext. ???????? Might be the same owner.

slpcamaross97
01-18-2010, 11:19 AM
Did anyone notice in the first post, First picture on the left hand side of the pic you can see another boat, Almost looks like the 28ft pantera race boat with Obs. I know dude would be able to name the boat ive seen pics of it on this from before. THe one thats red orange and ext. ???????? Might be the same owner.

IE this boat?

DAREDEVIL
01-18-2010, 11:36 AM
IE this boat?

I don't think thats it !!! different colors and sheme !!

cosmic12
01-18-2010, 11:55 AM
IE this boat?

It does look close, might be........

slpcamaross97
01-18-2010, 12:09 PM
It kinda does and does not. Looks like a ton of fiberglass over the rubrail and looks like their could be a seat on the transom but bad pic so who really knows. Im sure dude can tell or JO.

duunoit
01-18-2010, 01:39 PM
The cabin picture... with enough line and fenders to run a small crabbing operation... That's Miami-ese for "rotten cabin floor." :sifone:

:eek: :iagree: :D

slpcamaross97
01-18-2010, 02:28 PM
http://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/boa/1553261550.html

Other boat in side pic is a Twister

owner is looking to off load two boats

rchevelle71
01-18-2010, 03:17 PM
Here are a few pics of that Twister before it was redone. My friend Angel owned it for a year or so. It is a VERY solid boat, and did 50+ with a stock 2.5 200, should be pushing 70's with that 300.

How much did he want for the Twister?

rchevelle71
01-18-2010, 10:20 PM
A few more pics of the Twister from last June in the Keys, at Holiday Isle Sandbar. Same guy has a cheetah for sale also.

http://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/boa/1551747344.html

Dude! Sweet!
01-19-2010, 11:30 PM
IE this boat?

The dude who owns that boat has been on here before. I can't remember his screen name right now though.

thedonz
01-20-2010, 01:46 PM
A few more pics of the Twister from last June in the Keys, at Holiday Isle Sandbar. Same guy has a cheetah for sale also.

http://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/boa/1551747344.html

Whats up with Angel been awhile since i hear from him

rchevelle71
01-20-2010, 04:41 PM
Whats up with Angel been awhile since i hear from him

I spoke with Angel a few months ago. He is doing well, but started his own Ins. agency with family, so been a little busy. I was just thinking the other day that I should call him soon.He sold the twister as you know, and was talking about getting out on the Concept more. We should put something to gether once the water warms up, Haulover or Elliot Key, and see if we can lure him out of the house for a few cocktails, I have some pics on the home comp. I will post tonight of him having a good time at Holiday Isle sandbar that day:cheers2:, we ran his cooler empty of Coronas, ran mine dry of Miller Lites, ran out of smokes, and dropped the lighter in the salt, so on the way back in, I had him dock at Holiday Isle, and I walked(stumbled) up to the Gas station for another 12 of Corona, a pack of Cigs, and a new lighter, killed the coronas between there and Caribean Club, I have no idea how we both made it home safe that night(of course, I probably shouldnt have confessed that to an Atty).

cosmic12
01-20-2010, 07:27 PM
So do you guys know anything about the 24?

thedonz
01-20-2010, 08:15 PM
I spoke with Angel a few months ago. He is doing well, but started his own Ins. agency with family, so been a little busy. I was just thinking the other day that I should call him soon.He sold the twister as you know, and was talking about getting out on the Concept more. We should put something to gether once the water warms up, Haulover or Elliot Key, and see if we can lure him out of the house for a few cocktails, I have some pics on the home comp. I will post tonight of him having a good time at Holiday Isle sandbar that day:cheers2:, we ran his cooler empty of Coronas, ran mine dry of Miller Lites, ran out of smokes, and dropped the lighter in the salt, so on the way back in, I had him dock at Holiday Isle, and I walked(stumbled) up to the Gas station for another 12 of Corona, a pack of Cigs, and a new lighter, killed the coronas between there and Caribean Club, I have no idea how we both made it home safe that night(of course, I probably shouldnt have confessed that to an Atty).

no worry it's Mike the old man never gets on here that much......he's wayyy to busy with the firm. Send him our hello...hope all is well with you as well...yall do have to run South more often

Dude! Sweet!
01-20-2010, 08:26 PM

I still think you should by a Hydrostream! :sifone: (oh wait, that's me that I think needs a Hydrostream)

cosmic12
01-20-2010, 09:54 PM
I still think you should by a Hydrostream! :sifone: (oh wait, that's me that I think needs a Hydrostream)

I guess I should refraze what I want and not call it a river rocket:eek:
I have looked at a few Hydrostreams and I injoy my life to much to take those chances, I just heard about one(Hydrostream) that is here and is supposed to be almost perfect I don't remember the model name but its the one with the tunnel, brown metal flake with a blown up 2.5 merc, needs power head, the price was 4k on a very nice trailer and from what they said the cockpit upol is perfect. Its in Berwerton. But I just don't want anything like that, gotta have that old school offshore look, remember I am old:rolleyes:

no limits
01-20-2010, 11:14 PM
I guess I should refraze what I want and not call it a river rocket:eek:
I have looked at a few Hydrostreams and I injoy my life to much to take those chances, I just heard about one(Hydrostream) that is here and is supposed to be almost perfect I don't remember the model name but its the one with the tunnel, brown metal flake with a blown up 2.5 merc, needs power head, the price was 4k on a very nice trailer and from what they said the cockpit upol is perfect. Its in Berwerton. But I just don't want anything like that, gotta have that old school offshore look, remember I am old:rolleyes:

Buy something would ya!

rchevelle71
01-21-2010, 09:02 AM
no worry it's Mike the old man never gets on here that much......he's wayyy to busy with the firm. Send him our hello...hope all is well with you as well...yall do have to run South more often

I figured it was probably you Mike.

Lets do the keys when it warms up, a little trip to Holiday Isle maybe?

rchevelle71
01-21-2010, 09:03 AM

I dont know anything about the Pantera, but from what Angel told me, the guy was alittle flakey when he bought the Twister.

thedonz
01-21-2010, 10:48 AM
I figured it was probably you Mike.

Lets do the keys when it warms up, a little trip to Holiday Isle maybe?

I'm running the Skater for the Miami show poker run.....You should take your 24

rchevelle71
01-21-2010, 12:12 PM

What Skater?

Dude! Sweet!
01-21-2010, 01:43 PM

And now we know why the Gun is for sale... :sifone:

lowblue320
01-23-2010, 07:06 PM
they added a new paint job.. http://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/boa/1567249249.html

Dude! Sweet!
01-23-2010, 09:47 PM
Anyone notice how small the trailer wheels are? They haul the whole rig in an enclosed trailer like the drag boat guys!? Something's massively screwy about this whole deal. Gotta love south Florida!

slpcamaross97
01-23-2010, 10:08 PM
Ya. noticed that.

DAREDEVIL
01-23-2010, 10:46 PM
Anyone notice how small the trailer wheels are? They haul the whole rig in an enclosed trailer like the drag boat guys!? Something's massively screwy about this whole deal. Gotta love south Florida!

Actually these tires are very cool, WILL SMITH from phantom boats has these on his private boat trailer. They hold a bunch of load !!!!!

Also the trailer is lower that way for towing !:driving:

rchevelle71
01-23-2010, 11:49 PM

Funny you mention that, That is Angels old trailer that was under the Twister. First time I saw those tires was when we ran to Key largo for the above pics, I was lughing my azz off, but they work well.

cosmic12
01-24-2010, 08:18 PM
they added a new paint job.. http://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/boa/1567249249.html

Well that looks nice but whats under it is what I want to know.
That was fast on the paint also.