PDA

View Full Version : First gun

First Gun
01-15-2010, 10:34 PM
In 1986 Cigarette gave new life to the flat deck 38....The Top Gun model made it's debute at the New York Boat Show, Nov. 1986. This is where my boat's journey begins........Hope you enjoy the ride!:driving:

First Gun
01-15-2010, 10:38 PM
early years with 420's & Trs's

Buoy
01-15-2010, 11:15 PM
Bryce, keep 'em coming!!!
I love this sort of stuff!

Davidmnc
01-16-2010, 12:09 AM
Bryce, keep 'em coming!!!
I love this sort of stuff!

:iagree::iagree::iagree:

J-Bonz
01-16-2010, 02:21 AM
In 1986 Cigarette gave new life to the flat deck 38....The Top Gun model made it's debute at the New York Boat Show, Nov. 1986. This is where my boat's journey begins........Hope you enjoy the ride!:driving:

Wow, I didnt realize that was the boat you re-did!! Looks good back then, Looks great now!
Jr.

Seafordguy
01-16-2010, 08:49 AM
Keep those photos coming. Some neat old stuff there!!!

First Gun
01-16-2010, 11:46 AM
After restoring an old basket case 27 Magnum it was quickly decided that this was not the boat for what I wanted to do.( my good friends are running 38ft and 35ft Cigs. ):sifone:

First Gun
01-16-2010, 11:59 AM
So the magnum went up for sale and the hunt for a Cig. in my budget was on:willy_nilly:

cosmic12
01-16-2010, 12:45 PM
Please don't stop know!!!!!! We need this history here and that boat is a Icon that should be documented. Thanks for sharing.
And welcome to the site.

baronmarine
01-16-2010, 04:48 PM
how long have you owned the first gun ??

todd

GENERAL LEE
01-16-2010, 06:43 PM
Cool, I remember the "Instigator" boat very well from over the years. I had no idea it was technically the first Top Gun though. I've seen your boat since you've redone a lot of it, and you've done a really nice job. :cheers2:

OldSchool
01-16-2010, 06:44 PM
how long have you owned the first gun ??

todd

Good question. I recognize the "Instigator" boat. I'm going off of memory (which is blurry), but that boat was owned by a guy named Greg Chu. I may be off on the name...but I bought a mini-hawk from him 5 years or so back. Really nice guy and he told me about the boat and that it was in some coffee table book about HiPo boats. he never mentioned that it was #1.

Great thread Bryce! Take your time telling the story, we'l be here for a while!!Looking forward to the rest of it!! :cheers2:

Craig:)

First Gun
01-16-2010, 11:34 PM
After looking at a Bullet in Ft.Myers and a Cafe in Montana, a Top Gun needing a little love surfaced in Miami.It was Feb.2007......a call to Ed Cozzi who said the hull was sound, motors and drive line appeared to be ok but was unable to check out due to state of uncompletion,so he cautioned me not to assume they were 100% ok with 0 hours as indicated.

First Gun
01-17-2010, 12:20 AM
Did I mention it had been stored outside in a sand lot for quite some time?
I was willing to gamble on the old resin bucket...I'm a sucker for old school, it seemed in my budget and a simple project compared to the one I just finished:smash:.........In 2005 I think Hurricane Wilma caused the untimely passing of a rare 35 Top Gun which became the donor of the updated cockpit,gauges,hatch,swimplatform,and some other accessories that are now found on the boat.

Buoy
01-17-2010, 01:15 AM
Keep going with the story on the Gun. I love it.

But, please start another thread on the Magnum. That is also a a great looking boat, and another model that at one time in my life I'd like to have in my stable.
Almost bought one a few years ago.
I'm glad I didn't, but I still wish I did.

Seafordguy
01-17-2010, 11:05 AM
We're all listening.....

damdonzi
01-17-2010, 11:43 AM
Please keep the story going. You have done a fantastic job getting it to where it is today! I remember inquiring on it when it was for sale. Greg was his name. His e-mail still sticks out in my mind -it was "thespy" @ something.com and he sent me the attached pictures. I passed thinking I didn't want to get into a project like that at the time, and went on to purchase a 28 Open that subsequently turned into a major project on the order of your Magnum or more.

Not sure if you have these or not, but maybe a little trip down memory lane.

damdonzi
01-17-2010, 11:44 AM
Last ones.

First Gun
01-17-2010, 07:53 PM
Damdonzi, thanks for contributing those photos are some I have not seen before.
Buoy,I,ll start working on it soon.
Now on with the story.....The deal was made and the rig was nursed home on the trailer that had seen better days.A good cleaning and punch list to get the motors ready to fire up was next.

First Gun
01-17-2010, 08:33 PM
Then my buddy Jim (Zero Patience) came by to see how bad of a basket case I brought home this time:eek: It was quickly decided that a better trailer was fast in my future if I was to be traveling with him and Chasin' Cash.........Lucky for me Jim was itching to build his own trailer and just needed to find a buyer for his old Cig trailer:seeya:no brainer......sold my old one to a local shrimper.......During all the evaluation of this new project ,Jim said I should call Brownie @ Stainless Marine and see if he could give us some history on the boat.The next day the call was made......Brownie remembered the boat as the first one,and how they almost did not finish it in time for it's debut at the New York Boat Show.

Quinlan
01-17-2010, 08:43 PM
Very nice. I was checking it out in KW

stecz20
01-18-2010, 07:09 AM
i love this stuff as well. keep it coming baby...

95south
01-18-2010, 07:11 PM
awesome clean boat, we saw you in the keys at the dock this past Nov.

Zero Patience
01-18-2010, 09:18 PM
Keep going "ole bud". It sounds great.:cheers2:

First Gun
01-19-2010, 12:32 AM
Thanks for all the compliments.......now back to where we left off, after a clean up and trailer change it was back to firing these (0hr) motors up:rolleyes:...well after checking oil level,pre-lubeing and finding out both motor's distributors were put in 180 degrees out, things looked like the gamble payed off that was short lived as when the first one fired off there was a distinct knocking sound in the oil pan area that grew as the rpms did:ack2: shut that one down and on to the next one ,fired off with upper valve train noise..........see where this "needs a little work "idea is going.
Take note of the background in these pics....because this story is far from over and the beautiful lush tropical backdrop will be seen many times in the future.Special thanks to Kirk (Zero Patience) for providing the backdrop in these photos:cheers2: missed my rum ration this weekend:( ole bud!!

First Gun
01-19-2010, 12:39 AM
Well with alot of help from friends the motors were removed and trucked back home.

Buoy
01-19-2010, 12:44 AM
Bryce, I'm loving this, and you're little teases every other day or so are something to look forward to.
Almost reminds me of Dec. when I was 8 in Catholic school and opening up the window on the Advent calender. (I'm not sure how many will know what I'm talking about).

Keep the story coming!
And yes, post the story on the Magnum when you get to it. I love the old Mag's.

Birdog
01-19-2010, 08:01 AM
Great Thread !

CRT
01-19-2010, 11:09 AM
Nice Job! Always good to see hard work pay off. I am also a big fan of your choise of Colors, of course I may be biased. lol......:)

speedfreak2030
01-19-2010, 12:14 PM
Good luck with your project, been there, when all said and done it feels great to fire the engines up for the first time. One note: I see that you are using a carb plate attachment to pull the engines. The plates are good to pull small blocks but a fully loaded big block is too much for the 3/8 fine bolts in an aluminum intake to hold. Over 20 yrs ago I used the same thing on a customers hot rod, pulled the engine, studs stripped out of the intake, engine fell and crushed his rad saddle and smashed to the floor. Cost me lots!:mad:

stecz20
01-19-2010, 01:46 PM
it wouldnt hurt to mix a few shots in of the hotty....

First Gun
01-20-2010, 10:31 PM
Well at least the guy was right about the engines having Merlin heads......port motor had a spun main bearing and cam was wiped out,starboard motor had cam issues as well:ack2:

First Gun
01-20-2010, 10:33 PM
it wouldnt hurt to mix a few shots in of the hotty....

I'll see what I can do:sifone:

First Gun
01-20-2010, 10:52 PM
engines were rebuildable but what would be the best option ....rebuild old 454s from 1986-87 or spend a little more money and go with new 502's??? we all have heard it by now "no replacement for displacement" seeing how these boats like horsepower,502's seemed like a good upgrade.

First Gun
01-20-2010, 11:12 PM
After we got them in primer...a color was picked and the paint was flying!
meanwhile it was decided that it would be best to have a professional look at the drives as they to had a story,so they were taken to Randy Rehard's shop in Inglis,Fl. where he stripped them down checked them out,replaced a few things and put them back together and sent them back ready to go.
We wanted to breakup the blue some and yellow was chosen and added (hawk did it in the 90s) seemed like a good idea at the time:huh:

clayinaustin
01-21-2010, 10:21 AM
Ha Ha! Except for the yellow, that lookes exactly like my engines. Is that a Holley 4160 750 cfm? I just rebuilt both of my carbs.

jayboat
01-21-2010, 10:44 AM
Great thread, Bryce. Nice to see the history on such a cool boat.

You know I've got some shots of this bad boy...

but I'm holding back, for now. :smash:

Zero Patience
01-21-2010, 09:43 PM
:lurk5:

speedfreak2030
01-21-2010, 11:08 PM
Make sure there is NO paint on the carb throttle shafts or on the accelerator pump diaphrams

Buoy
01-21-2010, 11:43 PM
Make sure there is NO paint on the carb throttle shafts or on the accelerator pump diaphrams

Ditto.:rolleyes:

kr1276
01-22-2010, 05:11 PM
Can't wait to see the pics of the little air compressors you are installing!

I better get to work on something or I won't be able to keep up with you this year!

First Gun
01-22-2010, 11:03 PM
Made a call to Stainless Marine who gladley took my credit card and shipped me some new exhaust:USA: good choice in my opinion.
Please note: no carb lifting plates were used or abused during these procedures,advice is well appreciated:cheers2:
funny someone mentions Hottie and the Clayman shows up....not that that is a bad thing:sifone:
KR ...I'll get to that later.

First Gun
01-22-2010, 11:14 PM
Motors are in,time to measure for the tails to be made. ...Mean time a call down to Kinetic Animation, and the ol girl gets her new name.the next few weeks were spent hooking up the rest of the wires, cables etc.

First Gun
01-23-2010, 11:24 PM
not to long after the engines and exhaust were hooked up it was off to the ramp for a test run

baronmarine
01-24-2010, 12:14 AM
you must be very proud. looks great.
btw i love the name decal, very cool !!

todd

First Gun
01-24-2010, 10:00 AM
you must be very proud. looks great.
btw i love the name decal, very cool !!

todd

Thanks Todd, do not go away I am just getting started with this story:driving:

he11 i'm just getting to the part where i break down 3 times on the way to Key West for the worlds!!

Scarab KV
01-24-2010, 10:22 AM
Great thread. Keep it com'n.

Zero Patience
01-24-2010, 03:46 PM
Was it only three times? It seemed like more:smash:

First Gun
01-24-2010, 11:15 PM
Was it only three times? It seemed like more:smash:
If it wasn't for you I most likley would not have made it down that year.....Thanks for the roadside assistance and the on the water assistance ole bud:cheers2:

Now where were we? Oh ya time for the first run (trip) with the boat,...Fun Run in Tampa,Fl. with what is now the gang from West Florida Powerboat Club.

Boat run great all weekend,had a great time until I got back to the boat ramp and some low life broke into my truck:mad:
now it was time to get it ready for the big trip to Key West for the Worlds in Nov.

baronmarine
01-24-2010, 11:51 PM
it's like waiting for your favorite tv show with no tvo.
that new hatch on there is perfect.
it's great you took so many pics. sheri said i take more pic's of my boat projects then the kids.
todd

C M R
01-25-2010, 01:18 PM
Great thread.

First Gun
01-27-2010, 12:26 AM
Well the fun run was mid September and Nov. was fast on it's way...bearings repacked,tires inflated to proper psi,oil changed,all filters changed,refueled,truck serviced,boat packed,spare parts packed,reservations confirmed,man I was ready for a week in the Keys ......there is no better place in the world to be this one week of the year....and that's where we are going,man I was ready!........:rolleyes:

It's 3am and we are rolling out of Crystal River,plan is to be at John Pennycamp around 11am splash boats,run to Marathon have lunch,run to Key West arrive around 4pm clean up boats and party.

Boy, things went smooth all the way to alligator alley,about 5 miles into the alley the front left tire on the trailer blew....no problem have spare and tools,buddies slowed down a bit and I said I would catch up...15mins tire changed and were rollin down the road again:driving:

We get off on Hwy27 and caught up with my buds...well this feeling will be short lived....... as the right front trailer tire blows,this create a small problem as my spare is on the otherside of the trailer already.My buddy Kirk doubles back to loan me his spare.......another 15mins and tire #2 is on........one small problem

First Gun
01-27-2010, 01:40 AM
When we let the jack down the tire hits the fender in a big way...Kirk and Pickett are running Myco and Myclone trailers that have 16" tires and Kirk's old trailer that I am running has 15's...at this time I tell Kirkland just to go on with out me I'll call AAA and have them get me a tire and I'll meet them in Key West..It was Quickly found the Kirk did not like this idea as he said something like;" the hell with that" .
What happened next would make any Nascar crew chief proud.. I was handing tools as fast as I can, nuts and bolts were flying,within no time flat we had the fender off the trailer and strapped into the back of the truck.
Now I am running down the road at a very slow pace,lookin like the Beverly Hillbillys with a 10 ft fender sticking out of a 6ft bed 1 giant tire ,5 little ones and so on.

After about 30 phone calls I find a tire shop in Key Largo that has 2 new tires,we get to Largo and Pickett has called his friend Ronnie(local) to meet me there.We pay the guy for the tires,Ronnie whom I just met says lets get the boats in the water and I'll take care of the trailer issues while you guys are in Key West. WOW this guy just made a friend for life.
We roll into the boat ramp...it's late we are off schedule by at least 1.5hrs it is decided that our unscheduled pit stops will be cut down to one due to time issues.
Did I mention that the day before we left I made sure my engines would crank??
Well all three boats were launched and we are on our way out of Pennycamp,Pickett and Kirk are ahead of me.I get about 300yds away from the ramp and look down at my gauges and the temps are reading hot,I shut them down quickly open the hatch ,fire one up ...no water moving...not a good thing,shut it down again,throw anchor,call Kirk who now has me programed in his phone as "wtfn Bryce" n stands for NOW:smash: 45mins later 2 water pumps were changed and so were our plans...Hawk Channel here we come non stop to Key West.Boat ran great the rest of the day and we made it to KW just before sunset. (all three boats as planned)

I'm glad that day is behind me:ack2:

mrpickett357
01-27-2010, 11:16 PM
Don't forget the part of the story where everybody gives their poor "Ole Bud" Chasin' Cash 2.5 tons of sh!t about filling his trailer tires with nitrogen!

First Gun
01-27-2010, 11:41 PM
Don't forget the part of the story where everybody gives their poor "Ole Bud" Chasin' Cash 2.5 tons of sh!t about filling his trailer tires with nitrogen!

I think it was more like 3 tons...never the less on the way home we had 2 more tires blow:cuss: all 4 tires were filled with air....the only one whom did not have any tire problems was the guy with nitro filled tires.....so much for our talkin smack about that cause 2009 all three trailers had nitro filled tires thanks to the Chasin' Cash man!!

First Gun
01-28-2010, 11:42 PM
Key West was great...met alot of great folks. The way home had it's share of issues as well. I was loaning my spare this time though.It was decided that I would be better off having a trailer that had the same set ups as the other two trailers I usually travel with,that way if any of us break down we all have plenty of extra parts.

After looking for awhile a fair deal came up on a used Myco.......and yes like everything else it just needed a little work:rolleyes:

First Gun
01-30-2010, 09:49 AM
After a quick strip down from its step hull set up it was ready to be refabbed into a straight bottom set up.....

First Gun
01-30-2010, 09:56 AM
After we finished the back half of the trailer it was off to the travel lift:driving:

Biggus
01-30-2010, 10:46 AM
Great thread! Kirkland sure has a sweet home shop set up!:cheers2: You guys know how to get these projects done!:cheers2:

Kurt

Scarab KV
01-30-2010, 12:07 PM
Great thread! Kirkland sure has a sweet home shop set up!:cheers2: You guys know how to get these projects done!:cheers2:

Kurt

...and great weather to get it done too.

First Gun
01-30-2010, 12:30 PM
This project would still be in the weeds if it was not for the help from Kirkland.....next was fitting the boat to the trailer..

First Gun
01-30-2010, 12:38 PM
a little more fine tuning left but done for the day.......rum time!!:cheers2:

hmm..... I don't know if I like that white transom??:willy_nilly:

DAREDEVIL
01-30-2010, 01:53 PM
Nice, good thread ...nice boat and cool trailer !!!!!

Only thing not so my taste ...is the yellow on the engines.LOL :sifone:

First Gun
01-30-2010, 04:23 PM
Nice, good thread ...nice boat and cool trailer !!!!!

Only thing not so my taste ...is the yellow on the engines.LOL :sifone:

patience:leaving:

Zero Patience
02-11-2010, 09:45 PM
No, Zero Patience!!! What happend to the story?

DAREDEVIL
02-11-2010, 11:05 PM
patience:leaving:

Don't get me wrong in any way please, but i think the yellow makes it look dirty !!! IMO:ack2:

Other then that ,,NICE !!!!! :cheers2:

First Gun
02-12-2010, 11:20 PM
Don't get me wrong in any way please, but i think the yellow makes it look dirty !!! IMO:ack2:

Other then that ,,NICE !!!!! :cheers2:

No worries.......

First Gun
02-12-2010, 11:38 PM
A little tape,rum,paper,compressed air,paint and talent........goes a long way to make a new look!!!:cheers2:

DAREDEVIL
02-12-2010, 11:45 PM
A little tape,rum,paper,compressed air,paint and talent........goes a long way to make a new look!!!:cheers2:

NICE !!!!!!!!:cheers2:

First Gun
02-13-2010, 12:35 AM
DD you will be happy to know that I still have red paint left!!! any recommendations on what to paint next:huh:

DAREDEVIL
02-13-2010, 12:39 AM
DD you will be happy to know that I still have red paint left!!! any recommendations on what to paint next:huh:

I would do the engines ,,,complete red and the valve covers and intake /carb, in bright silver...or even polish them !!!!!!

No sprakle stuff,,thats OUT !!!!!! since 10 years or so ..LOL:cheers2::sifone:

First Gun
02-13-2010, 09:51 AM
I would do the engines ,,,complete red and the valve covers and intake /carb, in bright silver...or even polish them !!!!!!

No sprakle stuff,,thats OUT !!!!!! since 10 years or so ..LOL:cheers2::sifone:

Dude I just put them!!........don't even have 20hrs on them:eek:

Seafordguy
02-13-2010, 10:18 AM
Awesome boat, Awesome thread.

DAREDEVIL
02-13-2010, 12:09 PM
Dude I just put them!!........don't even have 20hrs on them:eek:

I know,,,,,,,,SORRY.....just do it !!!!!!!!:sifone:

First Gun
02-16-2010, 10:20 PM
Well before we break out the paint .....ZP and I went for a run to Clearwater for a weekend all was good until we got back and it was time to clean them up:(........wood does not last long in the elements ......time to look for an upholstery shop:eek:$$$$

First Gun
02-18-2010, 09:52 PM
After alot of research it was decided that PPI was the place to take care of my problem................

Kool-Aid Man
02-19-2010, 11:02 AM
Hey where can you get those foot rests that go in front of the bolsters and what the ballpark on the price???

And nice redo on the boat...I've been there!!

First Gun
02-23-2010, 10:14 PM
Hey where can you get those foot rests that go in front of the bolsters and what the ballpark on the price???

And nice redo on the boat...I've been there!!

Foot rests were in the boat when I got it, not sure of there value....Thanks

First Gun
02-23-2010, 10:52 PM
By this time PPI has my interior so it's paint time again!!!!:cuss:Pull the motors ...prep the motors....paint the motors......put the motors back in....some of you know the drill:cheers2:

Sean
02-26-2010, 10:34 AM

I really like the way you used the fineline tape around the drives, tabs, etc. In my opinion, this is a MUCH cleaner look than trying to paint right up to those things! Awesome job!

Zero Patience
02-27-2010, 09:44 PM
I like the fine line tape also. He does get a good Idea every now and then.:cheers2:

DAREDEVIL
02-27-2010, 10:47 PM
After alot of research it was decided that PPI was the place to take care of my problem................

I could of told u that !!!!! Jim and his guys are the best of the best ! :cheers2:

First Gun
02-28-2010, 11:27 AM
I like the fine line tape also. He does get a good Idea every now and then.:cheers2:

I don't know if I can take credit for that one either??:confused:

First Gun
03-02-2010, 10:47 PM
Can you say RED ??? Looks Soooo much better!!:iagree:

Buoy
03-03-2010, 01:35 AM
Pic 5, is that you sitting on the trailer staring at it, or are you the giddy one behind the lens??:)

Looks great!

First Gun
03-03-2010, 08:54 AM
Pic 5, is that you sitting on the trailer staring at it, or are you the giddy one behind the lens??:)

Looks great!

Thats Kirkland (ZP) on the trailer thinking I told him not to paint that Shizt blue the first time!!:ack2:

Are you gonna make it to Key West this year?

CRT
03-03-2010, 09:27 AM
I think we should have a white cigarette poker run get together...lol

I am suprised at the number around. All white always looks clean and is a timeless classic. Its also easy to add graphics for a season or two if you need it.

Your boat looks great!:cheers2:

Buoy
03-03-2010, 12:19 PM
Are you gonna make it to Key West this year?

Certainly planning on it!!

I'm still trying to work out details and make it to Havasu next month.

DAREDEVIL
03-03-2010, 07:36 PM
Can you say RED ??? Looks Soooo much better!!:iagree:

:iagree::cheers2::sifone::seeya:

First Gun
03-03-2010, 10:21 PM
I think we should have a white cigarette poker run get together...lol

I am suprised at the number around. All white always looks clean and is a timeless classic. Its also easy to add graphics for a season or two if you need it.

Your boat looks great!:cheers2:

Saw yours two years ago in Key West.....nice hardware under that hatch! Nice Boat too.

CRT
03-04-2010, 09:07 AM
Saw yours two years ago in Key West.....nice hardware under that hatch! Nice Boat too.

Thanks for the compliments. I love your boat, always makes me take a double take. You have some great running shots. I attended 3 events this past summer, all had helicopters, all events were held, bad weather casued the chopper not to fly. No good overhead shots for me. :mad:

This summer I should get a few.:)

DAREDEVIL
03-16-2010, 10:01 AM
ANY UPDATES ON THE LADY ?????:confused:

Zero Patience
03-16-2010, 08:59 PM
Yeah, where is the next episode of as the Top Gun returns?

kr1276
03-16-2010, 09:43 PM
I am waiting too!

After all this work you guys won't want to let a lonely Baja guy hang out with you!

First Gun
03-16-2010, 10:16 PM
So after a looooooong weekend or two over at Rock-It Racing"s do all shop , the mills are back in their homes and lookin good!

First Gun
03-16-2010, 10:19 PM
oops gotta put the lid on her:hurray:

DAREDEVIL
03-16-2010, 10:27 PM
When are u gonna tell me where the shop is ,,,,LOL ?????!!!!!!:sifone:

Zero Patience
03-18-2010, 09:21 PM
I was testing props on First Gun the past two weeks. It was cold out there.

kr1276
03-19-2010, 03:42 PM
Looks like there is something missing on top of those motors!

Zero Patience
03-19-2010, 09:26 PM
Yeah Kieth, that is why we were testing props. He dropped it off at my house one day for a few changes. Cody and I installed a few new parts. It really runs and sounds good now. I guess he is just pacing himself on the progress reports??? Baha owners welcome always.

First Gun
03-20-2010, 10:57 PM
Looks like there is something missing on top of those motors!

Relax I'll get to that part soon.........

DAREDEVIL
03-21-2010, 09:21 AM
Relax I'll get to that part soon.........

Nice....but,i still don't know where the shop is ?!!!! LOL:sifone:

First Gun
03-21-2010, 07:08 PM
Nice....but,i still don't know where the shop is ?!!!! LOL:sifone:

On the banks of Cigarette's secret test facility...........where OLD GUNS RULE !!!

28'54.69---082'37.69:cheers2:

phragle
03-21-2010, 07:30 PM
Crystal River??

First Gun
03-21-2010, 08:03 PM
:OTE=phragle;462498]Crystal River??[/QUOTE]

:iagree:

Zero Patience
03-30-2010, 08:59 PM
Its a good thing we work on the boats faster than First Gun adds to the posts.:sifone:

First Gun
04-03-2010, 11:52 PM
PPI did a fantastic job on the new threads.....

First Gun
04-04-2010, 12:06 AM
they had their work cut out for them:ack2:

Buoy
04-04-2010, 01:58 AM
Looks like work is coming along nicely on the boat.

Holy crap!!! There are a lot of holes behind the backseat. Was this a "working" boat at one time?

First Gun
04-04-2010, 08:14 AM
Looks like work is coming along nicely on the boat.

Holy crap!!! There are a lot of holes behind the backseat. Was this a "working" boat at one time?

Makes the boat "lighter":cool:

Buoy
04-04-2010, 01:00 PM
Makes the boat "lighter":cool:

:cheers2:

First Gun
04-28-2010, 09:41 PM
Some parts got painted,some got sanded and wrapped,then some got stripped,rebuilt,then wrapped!!

Buoy
04-28-2010, 10:28 PM
Very nice!

Look forward to seeing the final.

DAREDEVIL
04-28-2010, 10:32 PM
Some parts got painted,some got sanded and wrapped,then some got stripped,rebuilt,then wrapped!!

Cool, i think i been in that shop before..lol:eek::sifone::seeya:

DAREDEVIL
05-02-2010, 09:10 AM
Come on,,,UPDATES !!!!!!!!!! NEW PICS !!!!!!!!

Don't let us down !!!!!! :toetap05:

Zero Patience
05-03-2010, 07:17 PM
FirstGun is so slow that a calender is needed to mark any progress. I know he has not even taken a trip in the boat since Key West last year.:driving: Yes I am driving the bus.:boxing_smiley: Buzzards are known to circle over where:sifone: he is working.

DAREDEVIL
05-03-2010, 07:31 PM
FirstGun is so slow that a calender is needed to mark any progress. I know he has not even taken a trip in the boat since Key West last year.:driving: Yes I am driving the bus.:boxing_smiley: Buzzards are known to circle over where:sifone: he is working.

LOL:willy_nilly::rofl:

First Gun
05-03-2010, 09:47 PM

Cig Brothers whom live in glass houses should not throw stones:leaving:

If I remember how to count mine has been in the water twice since then and yours only ONCE !!!:kiss:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JL62l10yMqE

DAREDEVIL
05-03-2010, 11:03 PM
Nice vid, but where is an interior shot ???

I know PPI rocks, so some pics would be great !!!!:cheers2:

Zero Patience
05-04-2010, 06:47 PM
Yeah...but i am waiting on you.

First Gun
05-04-2010, 09:20 PM
QUOTE=Zero Patience;490728]Yeah...but i am waiting on you.[/QUOTE]

:iagree: your boat is faster than mine......you are always waiting on me:cheers2:

Ol'Bud

First Gun
05-06-2010, 08:53 AM
Boat gets dropped off at PPI to have the new threads installed !

Bobcat
05-06-2010, 09:30 AM
That Gladiator still has SOS on the side !:)

DAREDEVIL
05-06-2010, 10:32 AM
Boat gets dropped off at PPI to have the new threads installed !

Who made your cover ??? Thats cool..i need 1 ! :cheers2:

First Gun
05-06-2010, 09:51 PM
Who made your cover ??? Thats cool..i need 1 ! :cheers2:

D & R Canvas............352-536-3575

DAREDEVIL
05-07-2010, 01:26 AM
D & R Canvas............352-536-3575

Thanks...looks real nice..have fun !!!!:cheers2:

GENERAL LEE
05-07-2010, 01:40 AM
That Gladiator still has SOS on the side !:)

Which reminds me....what ever happened to ol' Bob?

Bobcat
05-07-2010, 07:34 AM
I'll have to look, haven't seen him on FB either.

Zero Patience
09-01-2010, 08:59 PM
Whats Up First Gun???? I have seen all of the recent changes. When will you post the upgrades? Hull Paint, new drives and transoms, Spacers, New logos, A.C., More??

Zero Patience
10-03-2010, 06:34 PM
He is MIA so here is the new paint.

Zero Patience
10-03-2010, 06:36 PM
I think this might get him motivated again.

J-Bonz
10-03-2010, 08:23 PM
Lookn Good

wnelles
10-04-2010, 01:39 PM
I like the new paint job.

Premier Perf
10-05-2010, 10:41 AM
nice simple...love it

First Gun
10-06-2010, 08:00 AM
old drives and transoms...................new drives and transoms:sifone:

Bobcat
11-14-2010, 09:53 AM
This boat is even nicer in person:drool5:, It was nice to meet you guys ! Paul should have some pics up later.

carter38
11-15-2010, 03:47 AM
Very nice!

Quinlan
11-15-2010, 05:51 AM
Yes it looks great in person too!

Ratickle
08-26-2011, 08:12 PM
This boat is even nicer in person:drool5:, It was nice to meet you guys ! Paul should have some pics up later.

Is this "Later" enough?

Sorry all, I've been really busy??????:leaving:

http://i730.photobucket.com/albums/ww310/ptrose/First%20Gun%20Key%20West%202010/KeyWest2010Biloxi2011loaded8-25-11191.jpg

http://i730.photobucket.com/albums/ww310/ptrose/First%20Gun%20Key%20West%202010/KeyWest2010Biloxi2011loaded8-25-11174.jpg

http://i730.photobucket.com/albums/ww310/ptrose/First%20Gun%20Key%20West%202010/KeyWest2010Biloxi2011loaded8-25-11173.jpg

http://i730.photobucket.com/albums/ww310/ptrose/First%20Gun%20Key%20West%202010/KeyWest2010Biloxi2011loaded8-25-11135.jpg