PDA

View Full Version : Cig 20 Redo

klaw
11-17-2008, 01:10 PM
Well I know there are a few builds that are going on thought I would post my start

The boat will be in transit to me shortly and go right to glass shop. I will confirm x-dim is ok for the drive I select it has a cutout for bravo

Looking for paint Ideas I am thinking of the old 90 mph Cig sceem so far

Plans are
1 Gauges and Steering from Elite Marine
2 500 Hp built to same specs as one in my Bullet 565 HP
3 Bravo 1 or Barvo 3 or Blackhawk decision not made yet
4 Interior and Console From Fineline Interiors they have done quite a bit of work fot Lipship

Any suggestion from the board will be welcome.

Klaw

klaw
11-17-2008, 01:13 PM
a few more pics

bootdaddy
11-17-2008, 01:29 PM
sweet Klaw. Keep us posted. I am redoing one as well and will post up on progress.

Not sure on paint yet, but was thinking a col fade would make boat look larger...

Chris
11-17-2008, 01:30 PM
Bravo 3 might not be a good choice. While very dock-friendly, they're a wet blanket on top speeds. The Blackhawk takes some patience to live with but it'll give you the best top speeds. If you want to "go deep", Merc now has the 525 paired with a singles-specific NXT.

You should PM Glassdave on a new fairing.

stecz20
11-17-2008, 01:53 PM
did you buy this 20 from sean???

klaw
11-17-2008, 01:54 PM
boy the drive decision will be the hardest what I was hoping on doing was using naybe a bravo 1 shorty for daily driver pull kids sking drive and having a spare Blackhawk arond for the top end blast but need to research teh x dim to see if this is possible?

I klnow the blackhawk is surfacer pierciing and needs to be about level or a little above the keel
When I get the blackhawk case next week I can measure it to get the prop shaft to input shaft dimension the compare it to a stock Brave and then see where everyone recomends the prop be between the two drives

klaw
11-17-2008, 01:57 PM
did you buy this 20 from sean???

no it was not Seans So i guess you are out the commisiion LOL

it was Airdogs it was a little better deal and the fairing was already complete and transom cut for a bravo

Tom A.
11-17-2008, 02:26 PM
I would go old school on the paint. Colored hull sides, white deck and hockey stripes. Never goes out of style.

Offshore Ginger
11-17-2008, 02:30 PM
Klaw awesome ride i am l@@king for a project 20 cig myself . Klaw i think OFFSHOREDRILLIN is going with a Blachawk on his 20 cig and like Chris said the Blackhawk will take some patience . Klaw just curious where did you purchase the boat?

klaw
11-17-2008, 02:36 PM
its from the east coast

Biggus
11-17-2008, 02:38 PM
I would go old school on the paint. Colored hull sides, white deck and hockey stripes. Never goes out of style.

Right On, old school, hockey stripes would look great and not go out of style or put the project budget through the roof.

Plus, Marc @ BAM has done his in the 90 mph colors along with Tom A's

VetteLT193
11-17-2008, 02:53 PM
A shortie bravo might be the most cost effective...

I'm sure that fairing is a whole lot more effective than the original short windshield but in my opinion it is butt ugly. If the sides angled all the way back to the engine compartment it would probably look sweet, but the strange angle change just seems off.

I mean zero offense, just talking out loud.

Also, it seems that the most simple paint schemes on the 20 come out the best. The nose is short and they really look best with a racing stripe because it helps visually lengthen the bow. One of the coolest I ever saw had a blue stripe with smaller red pin stripes separated by white space. Absolutely timeless paint scheme and it really made the boat look great.

Offshore Ginger
11-17-2008, 03:06 PM
its from the east coast Klaw just by chance seeing that you were l@@king for a 20 cig do you know of any other project 20 cig's for sale even if they would need a total deck off restoration , stringer's , transom , ext ext ?:)

klaw
11-17-2008, 03:06 PM
Bravo 3 might not be a good choice. While very dock-friendly, they're a wet blanket on top speeds. The Blackhawk takes some patience to live with but it'll give you the best top speeds. If you want to "go deep", Merc now has the 525 paired with a singles-specific NXT.

You should PM Glassdave on a new fairing.
think the motor drive budget cant hold up to a NXT

What do you see wrong with the fairing as shown?

klaw
11-17-2008, 03:09 PM
Klaw just by chance seeing that you were l@@king for a 20 cig do you know of any other project 20 cig's for sale even if they would need a total deck off restoration , stringer's , transom , ext ext ?:)

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/cigarette/198141-find-me-20-a.html

try Sean as he was looking to sell also looked pretty solid as a boat

Wild
11-17-2008, 03:40 PM
i need your old wooden stearing wheel

klaw
11-17-2008, 03:45 PM
i need your old wooden stearing wheel

I will see if its in the box of parts that comes with it

Chris
11-17-2008, 04:06 PM
think the motor drive budget cant hold up to a NXT

What do you see wrong with the fairing as shown?

Nothing "wrong" with the fairing. But Dave is working on a more updated one, if that's of interest to you. Will have a very nice taller engine hatch too- a necessity if you go with a taller engine.

stecz20
11-17-2008, 05:11 PM
Nothing "wrong" with the fairing. But Dave is working on a more updated one, if that's of interest to you. Will have a very nice taller engine hatch too- a necessity if you go with a taller engine.

have you seen the new fairing????

Sea-Dated
11-17-2008, 05:14 PM
Very cool. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Offshoredrillin
11-17-2008, 06:32 PM
have you seen the new fairing????
Yes...I designed it and dave is building it...here are the seats going in mine. i also designed the new blower hatch.

Offshoredrillin
11-17-2008, 06:35 PM
this is how it started ....

Offshoredrillin
11-17-2008, 06:39 PM
and how the bottom ended up

Tank
11-17-2008, 06:44 PM
Looking for paint Ideas I am thinking of the old 90 mph Cig sceem so far

The 90mph paint would look good....Tom's is close to a 90mph paint job.

J-Bonz
11-17-2008, 07:07 PM
Yes...I designed it and dave is building it...here are the seats going in mine. i also designed the new blower hatch.

Offshore,
Where did you source those seats from if you dont mind me asking?

Jr.

Offshoredrillin
11-17-2008, 07:18 PM
Offshore,
Where did you source those seats from if you dont mind me asking?

Jr.
PPI ask for john, they were great to deal with just about 2800 for everything.

Offshoredrillin
11-17-2008, 07:20 PM
Very tricky to get right. How many hatches on powerboats just don't look correct? The one I designed for my Comanche (Frank...from Fiberglass Plus built) took some deep thought. And it turned out "On Point"
Ed
actually for this it took about 10 mins sketching it and about an hour to decide on the height and angle, it will be angled like a top gun hatch, with a pad similar to my tiger. and will match the paint.

klaw
11-18-2008, 12:35 PM
PPI ask for john, they were great to deal with just about 2800 for everything.

are you doing a console?

How much is the complete interior setting you back?

What is teh bunber for PPI

Offshoredrillin
11-18-2008, 12:45 PM
are you doing a console?

How much is the complete interior setting you back?

What is teh bunber for PPI
yes to a console, it will house a cooler with drain, throttle on the right, switches and radio in the angled part of console. We are also putting storage under rear seat with batt access. once we do rear seat cuttng, i will send a templaye to ppi I'm guessing about another 1500-2500 with rear hatch pad, so total should be 5k or so.

ppi... http://www.ppi-fl.com/

Perlmudder
11-18-2008, 01:04 PM
that 90mph painted one looks awesome! cant wait to see how yours turns out!