PDA

View Full Version : Kilo Press Release

Pat D
01-14-2010, 10:15 PM
Kilo press release is on the website
www.superboat.com

DAREDEVIL
01-15-2010, 01:08 AM
Pat, does that mean there is no speedrun in jan. ?????

Or is there still something going on ??

mmmhhhhhh:confused:

MarylandMark
01-15-2010, 07:32 AM
SBI believes moving the original January speed event to July will allow more time for teams to test and prepare their boats for record setting attempts.

I'm reading that as there weren't enough boat signed up...

catastrophe
01-15-2010, 07:53 AM
When is the Copeland boat going to do its first public run??

jayboat
01-15-2010, 08:43 AM

Yeah, damn... I was looking forward to it. :(

Pat D
01-15-2010, 09:15 AM
Scott......nothing going on in January that I know of

Copelands boat will be at the Miami boat show but I don't know about it's first public run - I'm sure they will let us know

catastrophe
01-15-2010, 09:33 AM
Scott......nothing going on in January that I know of

Copelands boat will be at the Miami boat show but I don't know about it's first public run - I'm sure they will let us know

Thank You

And enjoy your day to the fullest:):)

Maritime_eng
01-15-2010, 09:43 AM
Yeah, damn... I was looking forward to it. :(

Me too! We had three boats going up to watch......

XtremeRacing
01-15-2010, 10:51 AM
SBI believes moving the original January speed event to July will allow more time for teams to test and prepare their boats for record setting attempts.

The Kilo was for Jr,it had nothing to do with other boats signed up. They just dont have the time they need and dont want to take any chances. Bad sh$$ can happen real quick at 300 MPH. It would be stupid and unsafe to try something like that without tons of seat time and hrs of running time for the equipment.

DAREDEVIL
01-15-2010, 11:25 AM
Thanks, i was just wondering....since i also looked forward to go there !!

MarylandMark
01-15-2010, 11:39 AM
Don't get me wrong, I would have loved to see this have gone down and just pointing out what to me was the obvious but sounds like you say different?

So OK, I'll bite- how many other boats were signed up?

XtremeRacing
01-15-2010, 12:08 PM
Not 100% sure but i know a few of the big boats were . I know CMS was going to take another run at it, they had a very good run last yr in Sarasota. 2 SCL were scheduled, and Hard Rock was also going to make another run at it.

imco offshore
01-15-2010, 09:44 PM
Whats the differance.. it was set up for Jr. to break a record,their not ready yet ,,so when they get ready , they will tell everyone , and the ones that want to run show up. why do we continue to try to bash or undermind anything in offshore...ya know our problems arn,t the fans,,sponsors,,race cites or org,s ,,IT COMES FROM WITHIN... HERE IS A QUESTION TO ASK YOUR SELF....WHAT HAVE I DONE FOR OFFSHORE LATELY???

Pat D
01-15-2010, 10:12 PM

my .02 cents..........I'm reading that as a tactful explanation by SBI of why it's not happening

[QUOTE=imco..... it was set up for Jr. to break a record,their not ready yet [/QUOTE]

that is the ballgame.........and their $$

MarylandMark
01-16-2010, 08:32 AM
my .02 cents..........I'm reading that as a tactful explanation by SBI of why it's not happening

+1

If they had 10 boats ready to run and one backed out it may have not been an event killer even with it being the headline boat.

Take it as bashing if you will, more like not sugar coating what I presume are the facts. I'd love to have seen 20 boats signed up- these events to me are much more exciting (and organized) than "races" but that is just me.

Ratickle
01-16-2010, 08:34 AM
It's too bad. Cold air and water make big horsepower.......

mdkeywest
01-16-2010, 05:08 PM
+1

If they had 10 boats ready to run and one backed out it may have not been an event killer even with it being the headline boat.

Take it as bashing if you will, more like not sugar coating what I presume are the facts. I'd love to have seen 20 boats signed up- these events to me are much more exciting (and organized) than "races" but that is just me.

hopefully you can get youre hotel reservations cancelled without costing you $$$ . it is sad you do not get to see the 20 boat show you no doubt were coming down to watch . :USA: