PDA

View Full Version : Ocean Marine Poker Run - Hampton Roads, VA

Seafordguy
11-17-2008, 11:06 AM
I know it is still REAL early but does anyone know if this one is going to happen this year?

The turnout was so small last year that I didn't know if they would do it again or not. Anyone with any insight?

Formula 382 sr-1
11-17-2008, 09:19 PM
I know it is still REAL early but does anyone know if this one is going to happen this year?

The turnout was so small last year that I didn't know if they would do it again or not. Anyone with any insight?

I will make a call in the AM and let you know . :seeya:

Seafordguy
11-17-2008, 09:50 PM
I will make a call in the AM and let you know . :seeya:

Sounds good....

You know if they pushed it back a week or two (closer to Memorial day) the turnout might be better. And obviously if it isn't the same weekend as the SML Run.

Formula 382 sr-1
11-17-2008, 10:21 PM
Sounds good....

You know if they pushed it back a week or two (closer to Memorial day) the turnout might be better. And obviously if it isn't the same weekend as the SML Run.

I will find out what I can . :seeya:

excursion
11-17-2008, 10:39 PM
I doubt they will have it again after last year. Very low turnout , just the time of year.

t500hps
11-17-2008, 10:39 PM
Sounds good....

Hope they do it and it's not the same weekend as SML. FYI: I'm planning on going to the SML run next summer, but we will be bringing the kids.....are you going up there?

excursion
11-18-2008, 09:00 AM
It is the same weekend as the SML run , has been since they started the run. That has been a major conflict with people, having to choose which one to do.

Seafordguy
11-18-2008, 09:40 AM
I doubt they will have it again after last year. Very low turnout , just the time of year.

Yeah - I think there were only 12 of us - maybe even only 11.

Hope they do it and it's not the same weekend as SML. FYI: I'm planning on going to the SML run next summer, but we will be bringing the kids.....are you going up there?

I guess at this point EVERYTHING is dependent on whether I get the engines out, swivel seals fixed, and everything reinstalled prior to the Runs.... I won't be able to start work on it until March or April due to some other stuff I have this winter.

I can't take another year of slow but steady water leaks into the bilge - not to mention I am worried about a significant failure.

If they don't do it I might try to do the SML run.....

t500hps
11-18-2008, 09:45 AM
Yeah - I think there were only 12 of us - maybe even only 11.

I guess at this point EVERYTHING is dependent on whether I get the engines out, swivel seals fixed, and everything reinstalled prior to the Runs.... I won't be able to start work on it until March or April due to some other stuff I have this winter.

I can't take another year of slow but steady water leaks into the bilge - not to mention I am worried about a significant failure.

If they don't do it I might try to do the SML run.....

WHAT......fix the boat, then get as much of the OTHER stuff done as possible during the rest of the winter!!!! :)

Seafordguy
11-18-2008, 06:04 PM
WHAT......fix the boat, then get as much of the OTHER stuff done as possible during the rest of the winter!!!! :)

I wish - unfortunately I can't prioritize that way..... For once in my life toys must come second...

excursion
11-18-2008, 07:06 PM
WHAT THE HE(( have you lost your mind!!!!!

t500hps
11-18-2008, 07:48 PM
WHAT THE HE(( have you lost your mind!!!!!

I partied with him at the HRPA dock party.......there wasn't much there to begin with!!!! :rofl::cheers2:

Seafordguy
11-19-2008, 09:15 AM
I partied with him at the HRPA dock party.......there wasn't much there to begin with!!!! :rofl::cheers2:

My mother would probably be the only person in the world to argue that....

Formula 382 sr-1
11-19-2008, 06:51 PM
Elvis is in the house.:biggrinjester::26::biggrinjester:

:hurray::boobflash::hurray:

Formula 382 sr-1
11-19-2008, 06:59 PM
OK I called Ocean Marine today and talked to Ryan . He said that he does not think that they will have one this year .:( He said with the bad economy and last years attendance it's not worth it. Maybe things will change between now and then , Lets hope so it could be a Very Good Run if not in conflict with SML Run . :gnorsi:

Formula 382 sr-1
11-19-2008, 07:03 PM
Elvis is in the house.:biggrinjester::26::biggrinjester:

:sifone:

Seafordguy
11-19-2008, 10:14 PM
OK I called Ocean Marine today and talked to Ryan . He said that he does not think that they will have one this year .:( He said with the bad economy and last years attendance it's not worth it. Maybe things will change between now and then , Lets hope so it could be a Very Good Run if not in conflict with SML Run . :gnorsi:

I hate to say it but that is understandable.....

At least I won't feel as pressured to be ready to go by the beginning of May....

excursion
11-20-2008, 09:42 AM
I know you need to be ready by March, going to Florida for a week with the boats, come on and get to work!!! Going south............

Bullhead
11-20-2008, 01:44 PM

Thats too bad...we did the run two years ago and really enjoyed it...we did SML last year but were planning on the Ocean Marine run this year...to me running in the open water with all the boats going to the same destination was a better format

Hollowpoint
11-20-2008, 11:00 PM
Dam! Sorry to hear that. It was a small, but nice crowd this year. Maybe things will change before next year. I do understand Ryan's side though....

Formula 382 sr-1
11-20-2008, 11:16 PM
Thats too bad...we did the run two years ago and really enjoyed it...we did SML last year but were planning on the Ocean Marine run this year...to me running in the open water with all the boats going to the same destination was a better format

Maybe if enough people call Ocean Marine and tell them that boats will come they may rethink it, But they need to move the date so it does not conflict with SML .

Hollowpoint
11-21-2008, 12:59 AM
Joby, if that will help, then maybe HRPA can get coordinated and get a minimum number of people to commit to make Ryan feel comfortable going forward with the run. The major change needs to be a date that won't conflict with SML.