PDA

View Full Version : tired of the cold

yzbert
11-17-2008, 10:32 AM
it has only begun, had to shovel and salt at the office this morning.
spent all day yesterday moving a truck full of dirt to level the ice rink.
last night at 11 pm find out there is a hole somewhere in the liner of the rink.
spent an hour this morning looking for said hole---no luck.
took a few boards off of rink to completely drain so i can look again tonite after dark.
snowing like crazy right now, filling up the liner to make it even more fun.

iam tire of this crude, and its just begun.

SLBOATDRINKS
11-17-2008, 04:35 PM
it has only begun, had to shovel and salt at the office this morning.
spent all day yesterday moving a truck full of dirt to level the ice rink.
last night at 11 pm find out there is a hole somewhere in the liner of the rink.
spent an hour this morning looking for said hole---no luck.
took a few boards off of rink to completely drain so i can look again tonite after dark.
snowing like crazy right now, filling up the liner to make it even more fun.

iam tire of this crude, and its just begun.

I feel your pain Scott.

Too early for snow here.

Gladhe8er
11-17-2008, 04:38 PM
Sounds like you guys need some winter toys to make the time fly by a little faster till boating season. That's what I do.

SLBOATDRINKS
11-17-2008, 04:42 PM
Sounds like you guys need some winter toys to make the time fly by a little faster till boating season. That's what I do.

I used to go sledding all the time. Very expensive if you don't live up in the North country.

Gladhe8er
11-17-2008, 04:45 PM
I used to go sledding all the time. Very expensive if you don't live up in the North country.

True, but I spend(waste) more money on boating. My parents have a house on the Lake George, NY trail system so no lodging expense for me!

yzbert
11-17-2008, 05:12 PM
we ski and skate all winter, but it is alot of running around with the kids. ski racing, hockey and figure skating but it looks like we will strap on the boards this weekend.

SLBOATDRINKS
11-17-2008, 06:48 PM
Took the kids skating on Saturday for the first time this season.

Rink is literally around the corner from me. :)

spilman
11-17-2008, 07:02 PM
I miss my Polaris days! Downhill skiing was also a blast....I did start playing ice hockey again after about 25 yrs off! It is great, but I am scheduled for my 2nd surgery, and its NON-contact league...figure that out. After 40, it's all downhill. I really do miss the first big snowfall each yr though...but the dirty March snowbanks I do not miss.
spil

spilman
11-17-2008, 07:04 PM
Took the kids skating on Saturday for the first time this season.

Rink is literally around the corner from me. :)

SL, Do the kids like the ice skating? It has gotten much more popular here since the Carolina Hurricanes won the Cup in 06'...

SLBOATDRINKS
11-17-2008, 07:33 PM
SL, Do the kids like the ice skating? It has gotten much more popular here since the Carolina Hurricanes won the Cup in 06'...

Yeah, they love it.

I show them how to crouch down low, gain some speed and then come up and unleash on someone straight into the boards. :banghead:

SLBOATDRINKS
11-17-2008, 07:33 PM
I miss my Polaris days! Downhill skiing was also a blast....I did start playing ice hockey again after about 25 yrs off! It is great, but I am scheduled for my 2nd surgery, and its NON-contact league...figure that out. After 40, it's all downhill. I really do miss the first big snowfall each yr though...but the dirty March snowbanks I do not miss.
spil

I'll take the first snow fall...then I want to all go away after that.

SLBOATDRINKS
11-17-2008, 08:27 PM
Getting very cold up my way.. Put the snow poles to mark the driveway up yesterday..... It's all down hill from here.. Back to the days of watching the snow fall and talking all day to you guys... :sifone:

You mean spending all day working and sending me business. :smash:

Activeshack
11-17-2008, 10:02 PM
Were headed to Aspen this weekend so all were going to see is snow for 6 weeks. But that's why were there :03:
But when we do get that occasional snow in Virginia I hate it.

pullmytrigger
11-19-2008, 11:07 AM
we ski and skate all winter, but it is alot of running around with the kids. ski racing, hockey and figure skating but it looks like we will strap on the boards this weekend.

are you sure you're not a Canadian.......?????:boxing_smiley::biggrinjester:

yzbert
11-19-2008, 01:14 PM
are you sure you're not a Canadian.......?????:boxing_smiley::biggrinjester:

nah we live north of most canadians

Blue Oval
11-19-2008, 05:09 PM
Boyne MT. was opening today,got the plow on the truck,bring it!

SLBOATDRINKS
11-19-2008, 10:00 PM
It's 22 here right now.

Did somebody move us to Canada and not tell me? :(

spilman
11-19-2008, 11:38 PM
It Effin' cold down here too! Going bac down into the 20's tonight....But it usually gets up into the fifties by afternoon;, that is, on the chilly days! HA
I love the Carolinas...Upstate NY is O for 3 months-June, July & August

yzbert
11-20-2008, 10:52 AM
Boyne MT. was opening today,got the plow on the truck,bring it!

think i will take the kids for a few runs on sat.

phragle
11-20-2008, 11:25 AM
yo guys should try ice boating. i know there "blow boats" but the speeds and acceleration are up there. some have made it in triple digits. even 50 mph is kind of insane when your laying flat on an 8' chunk of wood 6" off the ice

SLBOATDRINKS
11-20-2008, 12:01 PM
yo guys should try ice boating. i know there "blow boats" but the speeds and acceleration are up there. some have made it in triple digits. even 50 mph is kind of insane when your laying flat on an 8' chunk of wood 6" off the ice

:eek:

Boatfreak
11-20-2008, 12:10 PM

Oh no he said "triple digits":03:

Gladhe8er
11-20-2008, 12:19 PM

I wouldn't mind giving one of these a shot. Looks like fun as long as there is wind and you know how to control it.

Activeshack
11-20-2008, 05:19 PM
I would love to try that :drool5:

SLBOATDRINKS
11-20-2008, 07:57 PM
I would love to try that :drool5:

Come on up. Another couple of days and we'll be frozen solid.

getchasum111
11-20-2008, 08:00 PM
it just started snowing here....i phucking hate it....

phragle
11-20-2008, 08:33 PM
fundy will get dragged out on the ice kicking and screaming this winter and Dave knows he has a standing invite. anybody else around toledo, let me know...

fund razor
11-20-2008, 08:44 PM
fundy will get dragged out on the ice kicking and screaming this winter and Dave knows he has a standing invite. anybody else around toledo, let me know...

You know me too well Rob. :D

But hey.... with enough whiskey... anything is possible.
(Old Irish prayer.)

yzbert
11-20-2008, 08:49 PM
my boat is now officially snowed in for the winter. anyone one want to give melinda a ride for the thunder run in january? i all ready know the answer if i where to ask. sure she has :boobflash: to offer but i would bring captain or goose or beer and gas :ack2:, maybe i should offer fuel and not gas :ack2:.

SLBOATDRINKS
11-20-2008, 11:15 PM
my boat is now officially snowed in for the winter. anyone one want to give melinda a ride for the thunder run in january? i all ready know the answer if i where to ask. sure she has :boobflash: to offer but i would bring captain or goose or beer and gas :ack2:, maybe i should offer fuel and not gas :ack2:.

Fuel might do it for us. We weren't planning on it.

yzbert
11-24-2008, 02:22 PM
i figured you would have been heading down, I was going to pull the boat out and fill it as soon as gas went under 2.00. since it has been snowing almost two solid weeks that is not going to happen unless we have a major thaw.

SLBOATDRINKS
11-24-2008, 02:27 PM
i figured you would have been heading down, I was going to pull the boat out and fill it as soon as gas went under 2.00. since it has been snowing almost two solid weeks that is not going to happen unless we have a major thaw.

It's finally above freezing here today. One solid week of below freezing temps, but no snow! :D

Blue Oval
11-24-2008, 04:25 PM
If you want a ride on a ice boat, it gets big up here in the spring after a thaw.The snow on the ice must melt and then freeze.Then it's time to rock.

Gladhe8er
11-26-2008, 10:11 AM
Yeah, I almost bit it on my deck this AM!

yzbert
12-03-2008, 08:28 AM
... Winter Storm Warning in effect from 7 am this morning to 4 am
EST Friday...

The National Weather Service in Gaylord has issued a Winter Storm
Warning for heavy snow... which is in effect from 7 am this morning
to 4 am EST Friday.

Widespread snowfall will develop across northwest lower Michigan
this morning... and will continue through the evening. Precipitation
will then transition to lake effect snow showers within developing
west to northwest winds. Snow showers will then continue into
Thursday night.

Total snowfall amounts from Wednesday morning through Friday
morning will range from one to two feet in some areas within the
warning area... primarily north of M-72.

A Winter Storm Warning for heavy snow means severe winter weather
conditions are expected. Significant amounts of snow will make
travel dangerous. If you must travel... use extreme caution

Blue Oval
12-03-2008, 09:27 AM
I don't know why I live in Northern Michigan,still have not figured it out.But it's pretty.

SLBOATDRINKS
12-03-2008, 09:37 AM
Sunny and in the 40's here today.

Activeshack
12-03-2008, 01:00 PM
Sunny and 34 here. 3" of fresh snow last night and were getting ready to go slice it up :drool5:

spilman
12-03-2008, 08:51 PM
going to be 65 tomorrow....gotta love Raleigh!

yzbert
12-03-2008, 10:23 PM
little shy on the snow so far

SLBOATDRINKS
12-03-2008, 10:34 PM
little shy on the snow so far

You're complaining?

h2owarrior
12-03-2008, 11:59 PM
No Snow, but it is BUTT COLD:ack2: I hate the cold. High today was low 20's. They say this is not even close to being cold. CRAP !!!!!!!!:(

phragle
12-04-2008, 12:04 AM
All in favor of global warming push 1, opposed push 2

phragle
12-04-2008, 12:05 AM
I wll go first

h2owarrior
12-04-2008, 12:13 AM
Based on the fact that the earth has not warmed (and has marginally cooled) since 1995), I suggest we all go buy high horsepower high performance boats and run them nonstop in the Florida Keys with very cheap gas.:sifone:

I vote 1.

We need to keep the earth from cooling. Ice is difficult to boat on.:)

Gladhe8er
12-04-2008, 08:01 AM
2. I need snow for my tracked vehicles!

Activeshack
12-04-2008, 01:17 PM
I'm neutral because I like both :boxing_smiley:

yzbert
12-04-2008, 02:09 PM
nice picture of aspen

h2owarrior
12-04-2008, 11:21 PM
I'm neutral because I like both :boxing_smiley:

I understand the overall position........but I would rather see a girl in a bikini than a parka:drool5:

Ratickle
12-05-2008, 07:05 AM
I understand the overall position........but I would rather see a girl in a bikini than a parka:drool5:

Sometimes it depends on the girl though.:) I think they should consider a law about who can wear a bikini maybe.

ROGUE
12-05-2008, 07:54 AM
Its 13 here this morning in Logansport , IN.

Fat girls in the winter, bikini girls in the summer. Life is good

Boatfreak
12-05-2008, 08:25 AM
I suggest we all go buy high horsepower high performance boats and run them nonstop in the Florida Keys with very cheap gas.:sifone:

Twist my arm...uncle uncle
I'll do my part latter in January.:sifone:

Sydwayz
12-05-2008, 08:28 AM

Fat girls are not all bad. As long as they have tatoos; you get warmth in the winter, shade in the summer, and moving pictures all year long. :D

SLBOATDRINKS
12-05-2008, 08:58 AM
Fat girls are not all bad. As long as they have tatoos; you get warmth in the winter, shade in the summer, and moving pictures all year long. :D

Personal experience?

yzbert
12-05-2008, 09:42 AM
it is only dec 5 and we have snow that is over your knee in the yard, ice rink has four foot snow banks around it and i need to get a front end loader over to the office to make more room to push snow.

Blue Oval
12-05-2008, 03:41 PM
I moved both lots,cleared all the snow,and re-parked the cars.Now I need to plow again.Yes I love nothern Michigan,it's pretty this time of year.(Just keep telling yourself that yzbert)

SLBOATDRINKS
12-05-2008, 03:46 PM
I think it's called brain freeze.

spilman
12-06-2008, 12:35 AM
u guys are nuts! I can't believe I used to shovel that chit....I luv NC!

SLBOATDRINKS
12-06-2008, 10:22 AM
u guys are nuts! I can't believe I used to shovel that chit....I luv NC!

Oh, you wait.

We're gonna send some down to ya this winter. :biggrinjester:

spilman
12-06-2008, 10:29 AM
I believe u are right....looking forward to it! (Brief, I hope!)

SL, Any serious inquiries on REMEDY?

SLBOATDRINKS
12-06-2008, 10:31 AM
I believe u are right....looking forward to it! (Brief, I hope!)

SL, Any serious inquiries on REMEDY?

No, but I'm hoping the new price will make the phone ring.

h2owarrior
12-06-2008, 08:01 PM

Intersting point. I have seen a few girls in some lycra snow pants that definatly wet the appetite :drool5:.......not sure about the "fat" part. Although lycra does have the ability put things in thier "proper" place:sifone:

Gladhe8er
12-07-2008, 11:08 AM
3" last night in southern CT. Looks like winter is finally here.

SLBOATDRINKS
12-07-2008, 11:16 AM
Flurries here today.

Activeshack
12-07-2008, 06:58 PM
Sunny and 45 here today. What a beautiful day it was on the mountain :)
We have 4-6" coming tomorrow :drool5:

h2owarrior
12-07-2008, 11:46 PM
About 2" here today.....looking for a few more tromorrow. High today was 14:(.

SLBOATDRINKS
12-08-2008, 12:11 AM
19 right now with a 14 mph wind, brings it down to 6. WTF, damn dog.

phragle
12-08-2008, 12:14 AM
Intersting point. I have seen a few girls in some lycra snow pants that definatly wet the appetite :drool5:.......not sure about the "fat" part. Although lycra does have the ability put things in thier "proper" place:sifone:

Somewomen need to learn that wearing lycra/spandex is an earned privilage NOT a right.

HolyMoses
12-10-2008, 12:22 AM
Hey Scott, I was just buzzing through this thread and can't think of living in that cold of a climate. Shoot I'm in Vegas and when it drops into the forty's my knee's start hurting and I'm only 33. We drive three hours and we are at the cabin in Utah sledding and boarding at Brian Head. Soon it will be summer again!:)

Griff
12-10-2008, 03:59 AM
It said 9* on truck outside temp guage on the ride home from work tonight. It was effen cold!!!!:cuss::cuss::cuss:

yzbert
12-10-2008, 05:33 PM
no snow today for the first time in weeks

Activeshack
12-10-2008, 06:44 PM
No snow in Vegas today either :sifone:

BobbyB
12-10-2008, 07:08 PM

Big girls are like mopeds fun as hell to ride just done let your friends know your doing it:sifone:

crb76
12-11-2008, 12:12 AM
It is snowing in Houston today! That right we got and inch or two of snow on the ground in Houston! It snows about once every 7-8 years. We have had it twice in less than 4. Got to love global warming.

spilman
12-11-2008, 09:49 AM
It is snowing in Houston today! That right we got and inch or two of snow on the ground in Houston! It snows about once every 7-8 years. We have had it twice in less than 4. Got to love global warming.

No kidding...And it was 71 yesterday in Raleigh, we've had snow twice already this yr. Raleigh, NC...If you don't like the weather just wait, it will change. One place you WILL use your A/C & heat in the same 24 hr period!

h2owarrior
12-16-2008, 11:29 PM
It is BUTT cold here:cuss: Global F'ing warming my rear end :cuss: It did not get above 2 degress yesterday and is hovering around ZERO today.

I think I am going to buy a boat from Pat (really cheap) keep it at his shop (no storage fee) so he can show it to others, and use my frequent flyer miles to get the HE DOUBEL HOCKEY STICKS out of this WINTER WONDERLAND:mad:

Last night I could not feel my toes after shoveling the drive way and had to do it again tonight. People should not live in places like this. It is STUPID:dupe:

spilman
12-17-2008, 12:54 AM
It is BUTT cold here:cuss: Global F'ing warming my rear end :cuss: It did not get above 2 degress yesterday and is hovering around ZERO today.

I think I am going to buy a boat from Pat (really cheap) keep it at his shop (no storage fee) so he can show it to others, and use my frequent flyer miles to get the HE DOUBEL HOCKEY STICKS out of this WINTER WONDERLAND:mad:

Last night I could not feel my toes after shoveling the drive way and had to do it again tonight. People should not live in places like this. It is STUPID:dupe:

WOW, That reminds me of what I use to think in Syracuse.
I remember thinking after I moved to Raleigh,......."Why the hell didn't I do this sooner?" & "Why would anyone stay up there?"

SLBOATDRINKS
12-17-2008, 09:01 AM

Your ahead of the game. Mine's already down at Pat's shop and is for sale.

You could be boating this weekend......

rssteiny
12-18-2008, 09:36 AM
Were getting 10" of snow tomorrow WTF am i thinking living in pa.:dupe:

Gladhe8er
12-18-2008, 09:39 AM
The NE is going to get hammerred over the next week with snow. Tommorow, Sunday and Xmas eve are supposed to be at least decent sized storms.

yzbert
12-18-2008, 09:40 AM
my son this past weekend got a hat trick and an assist in the first game and and two goals and two assists in the second

spilman
12-18-2008, 11:18 AM
my son this past weekend got a hat trick and an assist in the first game and and two goals and two assists in the second

awesome!!!!!

yzbert
12-18-2008, 12:33 PM
yea iam proud, he is a 6 yo playing with mostly 7 & 8 yo 2nd year mites. not the best by far but seems to be very oppertunistic. the only thing he wants to do is be in goal, dad is trying very hard to gently push in another direction.

Activeshack
12-18-2008, 01:26 PM
Were getting 10" of snow tomorrow WTF am i thinking living in pa.:dupe:
5" last night and 3-5" more today. That will put us over 4' since last Friday. :sifone:

Gladhe8er
12-18-2008, 02:55 PM
I'll be at the Pats game Sunday!!! Repeat SNOWBOWL!

That's gonna be crazy! I'll look for you wearing your AT T-shirt:sifone:

SLBOATDRINKS
12-18-2008, 09:47 PM
5" last night and 3-5" more today. That will put us over 4' since last Friday. :sifone:

Expecting a foot tomorrow. Snowing an inch to 2 inches per hour late afternoon.

I probably should have ordered new tires for the truck by now, (40k miles) :eek:

Guess it's 4 wheel low...

SLBOATDRINKS
12-20-2008, 10:32 AM

Who told you you could send your weather our way? It has snowed here since yesterday at 1:00 and hasn't stopped yet!

Take it back, take it back, take it back I say. :ack2:

yzbert
12-20-2008, 11:01 PM
we had -16 this morning the ice rink is awesome!!!!

SLBOATDRINKS
12-20-2008, 11:03 PM
we had -16 this morning the ice rink is awesome!!!!

Degrees or inches?

We've been at the rink twice so far. My youngest is almost faster than me. :eek:

spilman
12-21-2008, 12:06 AM
Degrees or inches?

We've been at the rink twice so far. My youngest is almost faster than me. :eek:

Is that saying much??LOL

SLBOATDRINKS
12-21-2008, 11:38 AM
Is that saying much??LOL

Yep, he's good.

spilman
12-21-2008, 11:57 AM
I'm sure he is...I was more trying to insult you rather than critique his abilities!
It's great that he takes an interest at his age....by next year he should surely be FASTER than you!(plus you'll be another yr older,LOL)

SLBOATDRINKS
12-21-2008, 12:58 PM
I'm starting to think I should have left the boat here and stored myself in Southern Florida for the winter.

yzbert
12-21-2008, 05:01 PM
degrees, the backyard rink is looking good

h2owarrior
12-21-2008, 06:45 PM
I'm starting to think I should have left the boat here and stored myself in Southern Florida for the winter.

Brilliant:) We now have over a foot of snow on the ground with highs in the single digits.:ack2: This is going to be here until late March at best.

If I could only get Pat to make me a killer.....and I mean killer......deal on a new boat, I would be in sunny South Florida. I mean 40F would feel warm about now.

Ya'll have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. :)

SLBOATDRINKS
12-21-2008, 09:49 PM
It finally stopped snowing here just now. It has been snowing since 1:00pm on Friday.

We ended up with over 2 feet of the white chit.

h2owarrior
12-21-2008, 10:08 PM
It finally stopped snowing here just now. It has been snowing since 1:00pm on Friday.

:eek::eek::eek:

ChiefApache
12-21-2008, 10:19 PM

You guys have been hammered the past two weeks between the ice and the snow. Hope things improve soon.

Gladhe8er
12-21-2008, 10:19 PM
I was at our house in Lake George. Over 3 feet on the ground. This is what happenned about 500 feet from the end of my 60 mile ride. I invented a new sport...snowmobile tree climbing.

SLBOATDRINKS
12-21-2008, 10:20 PM
You guys have been hammered the past two weeks between the ice and the snow. Hope things improve soon.

Thanks, me too.

SLBOATDRINKS
12-21-2008, 10:21 PM
I was at our house in Lake George. Over 3 feet on the ground. This is what happenned about 500 feet from the end of my 60 mile ride. I invented a new sport...snowmobile tree climbing.

Mechanical failure.....:driving:

Gladhe8er
12-22-2008, 09:17 AM
Mechanical failure.....:driving:

Isn't it always?:)

SLBOATDRINKS
12-22-2008, 09:53 AM
Final tally.

SLBOATDRINKS
12-22-2008, 09:54 AM
The don't look much different, but the one on the right has an additional foot of snow on it.

phragle
12-22-2008, 01:45 PM

I thought it was only fountains that climbed trees... :26:

Davidmnc
12-22-2008, 01:48 PM
I thought it was only fountains that climbed trees... :26:

If you look close………that snow mobile has a beek…………Ski-Doo by Fountain! :sifone:

Gladhe8er
12-22-2008, 02:48 PM
If you look close………that snow mobile has a beek…………Ski-Doo by Fountain! :sifone:

You are correct...Firecats do have beaks. Wonder if Reggie is planning a class-action suit:03:

h2owarrior
12-22-2008, 11:31 PM
very cold and snowy, but soooo worth it!

You guy's are tough:sifone: It was an interesting game:leaving: I watched it while in the house warming up from shoveling the snow off of the drive. I did not seem to really miss much though:rolleyes:

BUzzED
12-23-2008, 11:03 PM
very cold and snowy, but soooo worth it!

You obviously need to switch teams :26:

Activeshack
12-24-2008, 06:24 PM
You obviously need to switch teams :26:
I think I do too :cuss:

JB4Boyne
12-25-2008, 03:23 PM
The guy that plows my driveway said he will be able to pay cash for a new Outerlimits by the time it quits snowing here. :(

SLBOATDRINKS
12-25-2008, 04:17 PM
The guy that plows my driveway said he will be able to pay cash for a new Outerlimits by the time it quits snowing here. :(

I came real close to getting a plow for myself this year.

It was 50 here yesterday and 40 today. The 2 1/2 feet we got a few days ago is almost gone.

SLBOATDRINKS
01-18-2009, 10:46 AM
Listen, my remote is broken.

Would somebody please turn off the snow making machine!!!!!! :(

Activeshack
01-18-2009, 12:44 PM
You guys should have been in the duck blind with me yesterday. Broke ice the whole way out the creek and it was 7 degrees when we got in the blind. The meat froze on my turkey sandwich by 9 oclock and we only killed 7 ducks.

SLBOATDRINKS
01-18-2009, 12:46 PM
You guys should have been in the duck blind with me yesterday. Broke ice the whole way out the creek and it was 7 degrees when we got in the blind. The meat froze on my turkey sandwich by 9 oclock and we only killed 7 ducks.

Sounds like fun. :huh:

Gladhe8er
01-18-2009, 11:40 PM
-24 in Lake Luzerne, NY on Friday morning. Yikes!

Blue Oval
01-22-2009, 09:45 AM
good news,its almost spring,the snow is starting to settle.

Ratickle
01-22-2009, 08:51 PM
good news,its almost spring,the snow is starting to settle.

Did you take that pic? I think it would be a contest winner.

Blue Oval
01-23-2009, 11:32 AM
A good friend e-mailed it to me.

yzbert
01-23-2009, 12:44 PM
Did you take that pic? I think it would be a contest winner.

no he has got more snow then that

Blue Oval
01-23-2009, 05:15 PM
Animal Control was in for service this week,had to leave to save fawn in town.She told me the next day that they had it eating and standing already.The snow is to deep and the weather to cold,they are having a bad winter.The deer are now 2nd generation deer who have been spoiled by the bait piles.The people feeding the deer all winter can not do so do to baiting ban.They say the deer forgot how to find there own food.

yzbert
01-24-2009, 01:05 PM
mark, how are the winter x games going?

Activeshack
01-24-2009, 02:08 PM
mark, how are the winter x games going?
Been back in Virginia for a couple of weeks. Heading back out there at the end of Febuary.

yzbert
01-27-2009, 11:32 AM
-11 here this morning again, block heater replaced yesterday so no problems firing up the truck this morning. :)

yzbert
01-28-2009, 09:59 AM
spring is here 12 this morning

SLBOATDRINKS
01-28-2009, 10:05 AM
spring is here 12 this morning

Gotch'ya beat at 20.

Oh, but it's snowing to beat the band here today. :ack2:

camptappakeg69
01-28-2009, 11:00 PM
Alright, with all this time spent snowblowin might as well have fun on it!!

This followed me home last night.......

yzbert
02-02-2009, 11:37 AM
caden got his first shut out against a good team. this team beat them pretty bad in december. yesterday 5-0, the team they beat was not happy they are not use to losing, slamming sticks, punches thrown in the handshake line, one subspension. only 7-8 y.o. caden is just 6 but came up big yesterday!

Gladhe8er
02-02-2009, 11:49 AM
Great Sacandaga lake on Saturday. Look at the snow on that deck!

yzbert
02-04-2009, 09:18 AM
it is going to warm up 57 degrees by the weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-17 here this morning maybe hit 40 on sat. before it cools back down.

SLBOATDRINKS
02-04-2009, 09:30 AM
it is going to warm up 57 degrees by the weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-17 here this morning maybe hit 40 on sat. before it cools back down.

Sounds similar to our forecast.

Come on Spring!

Blue Oval
02-04-2009, 09:30 AM
I hope they are right,ready for a break.My positive thinking towards winter is falling apart!

yzbert
02-04-2009, 10:10 AM
with the positive thinking thing, i am going to take 20 min. a day for the next 30 days and visulise (wow i have trouble spelling) warmth. we will see in 30 days how it works.

yzbert
02-04-2009, 10:11 AM
how do i add a pic under my name, i reduce like crazy and it is always too big

yzbert
02-04-2009, 10:14 AM
never mind works today

yzbert
02-04-2009, 10:23 AM
ok someone told me that if you boil water or heat it up really hot in the microwave, then throw it outside in this cold weather that it will freeze before it hits the ground! i say b.s. so i just did it and it works. one of the cooler things that i have seen in a while.

Sydwayz
02-04-2009, 01:38 PM
ok someone told me that if you boil water or heat it up really hot in the microwave, then throw it outside in this cold weather that it will freeze before it hits the ground! i say b.s. so i just did it and it works. one of the cooler things that i have seen in a while.

Pretty bored up there in the cold Scott? :26:

yzbert
02-04-2009, 02:53 PM
Pretty bored up there in the cold Scott? :26:

schedule fell apart in the middle of the day, now my next patient is late

Blue Oval
02-04-2009, 03:29 PM
The cold has been good for the service dept.,does it do anything to the teeth to keep your patient count up?

yzbert
02-05-2009, 09:06 AM
The cold has been good for the service dept.,does it do anything to the teeth to keep your patient count up?

no not really, you get some with extra sensitivity, but dosnt create real problems

Blue Oval
02-05-2009, 09:22 AM
The dog is getting pretty tired of the cold also,she has lost the positive outlook also.The ducks can't even get her off the couch.

yzbert
02-09-2009, 10:26 AM
good weekend for the kids,
saturday caden got a hat trick and 3 assists and then sunday he got 6th in his age group skiing, his first ribbon.
livi on sunday won her first ski race, she skis against 20 + girls and has never been better than 4th. she was one very happy girl. :)

Wrinkleface
02-09-2009, 11:43 AM
i reduce like crazy and it is always too big

That's not what Mel said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:26:

yzbert
02-09-2009, 12:39 PM
brian just a warning, be on the look out for wrinklenuts at the miami show. you will never guess what he wants.................no not a shirt, but to harrass you about not getting a shirt.

Boatfreak
02-09-2009, 10:42 PM
brian just a warning, be on the look out for wrinklenuts at the miami show. you will never guess what he wants.................no not a shirt, but to harrass you about not getting a shirt.

:smash:

Blue Oval
02-19-2009, 06:57 PM
awesome,the cold and snow is back.I was afraid the snow was going to go away.

SLBOATDRINKS
02-20-2009, 08:55 PM
awesome,the cold and snow is back.I was afraid the snow was going to go away.

And now you're sending it our way? WTF! :willy_nilly:

Blue Oval
02-20-2009, 10:08 PM
I'am tired of the *hit,it's all yours!

SLBOATDRINKS
02-20-2009, 10:14 PM
I'am tired of the *hit,it's all yours!

I'm looking at flights to Miami as I type.

Blue Oval
02-20-2009, 10:19 PM
Tickets are paid for Clearwater,can't wait!

SLBOATDRINKS
03-02-2009, 10:06 PM
Booked for 3-13 thru 3-16 in SOBE. :sifone:

yzbert
03-04-2009, 02:45 PM
they went undefeated 4-0-1 and won thier weekend tourny, this little goalie had a hot weekend!

Gladhe8er
03-04-2009, 03:05 PM
Thats very cool!

One more weekend of snowmobiling for me, then I have to sit around for 2 months for boat season to begin.

SLBOATDRINKS
03-04-2009, 03:19 PM
they went undefeated 4-0-1 and won thier weekend tourny, this little goalie had a hot weekend!

Thank goodness he looks like his mom. :leaving:

Blue Oval
03-05-2009, 06:10 PM
Great news Dad,good job son!

Blue Oval
03-09-2009, 11:22 AM
Is it over yet?

Blue Oval
03-09-2009, 11:31 AM
Had to pull the neighbor out of the street.

Gladhe8er
03-10-2009, 03:12 PM
Saturday was our last ride. Sleds are summerized. Now I have to wait about 2 months to get the boat out:ack2: one of these pics was on the ice on Lake George. Other was on an island in the middle of Lake George.

yzbert
03-17-2009, 12:27 PM
they lost in the finals to a select team out of escanaba, but gave them a run and finished second out of 8 teams. the litttle goalie man was named tournement MVP. dad was very proud of him, one of his coaches is lifting him up after the 1-0 semi-final shut out.

yzbert
03-17-2009, 12:53 PM
noticed he changed helmets for the semi-finals becouse he wasnt getting shut-outs. every save he makes he shakes his head no, looks like a little bobble head ham.

yzbert
04-17-2009, 02:31 PM
draining the ice rink oh yea, kids skated on easter though

SLBOATDRINKS
04-17-2009, 02:37 PM
draining the ice rink oh yea, kids skated on easter though

We were just talking about you.

Are you in for the James run?

yzbert
04-20-2009, 03:53 PM
We were just talking about you.

Are you in for the James run?

had sent my money in early just in case but not sure. i would love to make it again i am just not looking forward to the drive. melinda and i need to get something set soon though. if desiel goes back over $4 a gallon we are for sure in.

with scotts new boat I feel like I should be there for the pump of energy that I would get from just being around him

SLBOATDRINKS
04-20-2009, 03:58 PM
had sent my money in early just in case but not sure. i would love to make it again i am just not looking forward to the drive. melinda and i need to get something set soon though. if desiel goes back over $4 a gallon we are for sure in.

with scotts new boat I feel like I should be there for the pump of energy that I would get from just being around him

K would love to see you guys again.:driving::auto:

yzbert
04-20-2009, 04:04 PM
yea us too

SLBOATDRINKS
04-20-2009, 05:11 PM
yea us too

She says to bring extra white fish. :D

yzbert
04-22-2009, 03:10 PM
snow again today, but i heard that new snow eats old snow

SLBOATDRINKS
04-22-2009, 03:13 PM
snow again today, but i heard that new snow eats old snow

Snow? Again?

Wholly Chit, are you kidding me? :eek:

yzbert
04-23-2009, 07:28 AM
yea nothing stuck, skim of ice on the rink this morning too. :(

Blue Oval
04-23-2009, 08:56 AM
about 68 degrees here this morning,not a bit of frost on the cars next to me.

Gladhe8er
04-23-2009, 10:02 AM
80-85 in CT this weekend!

SLBOATDRINKS
04-23-2009, 10:24 AM
80-85 in CT this weekend!

Yep, same here.

yzbert
04-23-2009, 11:49 AM
about 68 degrees here this morning,not a bit of frost on the cars next to me.

you lie

Blue Oval
04-23-2009, 02:38 PM
Nope!I was sitting right next to the 09 Focus on the showroom(No frost)and the furness was set at 68.

R'Addiction
05-03-2009, 08:33 PM
We've been out once....April 27th. Rain all week, work saturday, mothers day sunday!

And leave for Key Largo on the 12th for an undetermined amount of time!!!:26::biggrinjester: