PDA

View Full Version : 09 scene party

baronmarine
01-12-2010, 05:48 PM
i just want to thank you guys for not sharing this with the rest of us. i just heard of it from a friend here in michigan who was there. it sure looks like some good clean fun.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCxJ4p9AXiM
todd

tommymonza
01-12-2010, 06:02 PM
Whahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh:sifone:

Exhilaration
01-12-2010, 07:06 PM
Always a good time! Always around August 19th, mark your calender.

DollaBill
01-12-2010, 07:21 PM
you guys get some hot chicks for only being to boat 9 days a year:sifone:

runninhotracing
01-12-2010, 07:43 PM
you guys get some hot chicks for only being to boat 9 days a year:sifone:

I think we may be warmer then you right about now BIG Daddy LOL:eek:
its always a great party cant keep Obnoxus ,sommer,& 10X away :cheers2:

redhotsommer
01-13-2010, 07:09 AM
This year I was certainly kept away...:(. Kept waiting on the DOCK for three hours while Little Dennis and Hawk and Obnoxus fixed their boats. Then, when we finally DID leave, it started to rain and Hawk ran to the city w/o us at 90+. We didn't get in any of the good rafts, then we sucked weeds when we went to leave...horrible day. Just ask Tony M!!!!

Tony M
01-13-2010, 10:19 AM
YOU HALF TO REMIND ME $1175 tow bill & $275 sucked up sea weed, impeller shot & spend the night on the wall of the good old down town Chicago river with the "love of your life" F in priceless! :ack2: :cuss: :driving: Thanks Mike Your the Best, "dick" :leaving: :cheers2:

Tony M
01-13-2010, 10:22 AM
We did have a good time till we went or tried to go home :sifone:

a-B
01-13-2010, 10:30 AM
I see some ugly mugs at the 1:09 mark!!

B.Z.
01-13-2010, 10:52 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iO_Fy8PMoDg&feature=related

B.Z.
01-13-2010, 10:58 AM
Sorry Mike, you missed a GREAT party...don't be mad........

redhotsommer
01-13-2010, 12:02 PM
Sorry Mike, you missed a GREAT party...don't be mad........

At least nobody puked in my boat that day...:leaving:

baronmarine
01-13-2010, 01:31 PM
This year I was certainly kept away...:(. Kept waiting on the DOCK for three hours while Little Dennis and Hawk and Obnoxus fixed their boats. Then, when we finally DID leave, it started to rain and Hawk ran to the city w/o us at 90+. We didn't get in any of the good rafts, then we sucked weeds when we went to leave...horrible day. Just ask Tony M!!!!

mike what is this weeds you speak of sucking ?? lol. sorry i just had to.

todd

redhotsommer
01-13-2010, 01:52 PM
mike what is this weeds you speak of sucking ?? lol. sorry i just had to.

todd

Todd-

Maybe if I'd have had some of that, it wouldn't have been such a bad day at all! :sifone:

All the boats anchoring in the Playpen were ripping up massive seaweed floaters...my bullet-pickups got clogged so when Little D and I took off for home my stbd motor heated up right away. I shut it down and dove in the 55 degree water (yeah...in AUGUST!), pulled the weeds away, fired her up and was good to go. Then I look over, and Little D has his hatch up and is experiencing the same thing only on his port motor. Problem is, he has transom pickups, and the weeds went right on through to the strainer and packed it full. Had to idle 45 minutes over to the nearest harbor to clean it out, then find out he has pretty much trashed the impeller. In the meantime, Tony M is blowing up my phone looking for help on the river, I'm trying to help get him in touch with Mild Thunder (who has already had his day ruined when Art's Aronow cat blew a motor in the first 1/2 mile). Joe ain't picking up, I'm looking after my wingman Little D, and the rest of the clowns are pretty much too wasted to even function.

As for next year...come on down Todd...we'll take your boat!

OBNOXUS
01-13-2010, 03:49 PM
Point of order.

I was working on Hawks boat,,, not mine !!!!

Kool-Aid Man
01-13-2010, 07:20 PM
It was a great day eh BZ....we were right in the middle of it!!!! Went out the night before for dinner on the river...all and all besides the weather a great day regardless of your boat getting throw up in!!!!

Jamie B.
01-13-2010, 08:44 PM
horrible day !!!

eh, I beg to differ, mine wasnt too bad !

baronmarine
01-13-2010, 10:08 PM
Todd-

Maybe if I'd have had some of that, it wouldn't have been such a bad day at all! :sifone:

All the boats anchoring in the Playpen were ripping up massive seaweed floaters...my bullet-pickups got clogged so when Little D and I took off for home my stbd motor heated up right away. I shut it down and dove in the 55 degree water (yeah...in AUGUST!), pulled the weeds away, fired her up and was good to go. Then I look over, and Little D has his hatch up and is experiencing the same thing only on his port motor. Problem is, he has transom pickups, and the weeds went right on through to the strainer and packed it full. Had to idle 45 minutes over to the nearest harbor to clean it out, then find out he has pretty much trashed the impeller. In the meantime, Tony M is blowing up my phone looking for help on the river, I'm trying to help get him in touch with Mild Thunder (who has already had his day ruined when Art's Aronow cat blew a motor in the first 1/2 mile). Joe ain't picking up, I'm looking after my wingman Little D, and the rest of the clowns are pretty much too wasted to even function.

hmm if it's that kind of weeds i may be out. we have no real plans yet for the summer.
but remember mike, grand haven is open arms. i have a place for your boat and you can stay with us.

todd

Beast1
01-14-2010, 12:03 AM
Actually ended up on the SeaRay right next to the Crobar boat. All i have to say is OMG!!!!!!!!! The rain actually made viewing so much better. I would post pictures but this is a PG web site.

MILD THUNDER
01-14-2010, 06:37 AM
Yea, art blew his motor, so i ended up idling back down the cal sag 8 miles back to the dock with him in the rain...by the time we took him back, frustrated, soaking wet, their was only one option. Head back out! Finally made it back to the playpen around 3ish...then met up with the crew up at belmont. hung out for a bit, then had to leave 10 minutes later as i was in someones slip.

As for the prior years scene party, i had headed there with art. Ran from hammond to playpen in 6-8'ft seas, partied, then on the way back, lil d, BZ, and a few others had caught up to us and we had a nice group running together....started running hard with them, and grrrrrrrrrr, my port TRS let go. I came to a stop, cell phone rings...it was Art in his cat who was about a 1/2 mile back by this point......

"Hello??"

"Joe, its Art, I got a problem, I just blew my motor, oil everywhere in bilge" (rod thru block)

"ahh $hit man, well, I just blew my drive"

so we tied up together and idled back 8 miles to the marina once again... Starting to feel the scene party is a little unlucky.

MILD THUNDER
01-14-2010, 06:41 AM
YOU HALF TO REMIND ME $1175 tow bill & $275 sucked up sea weed, impeller shot & spend the night on the wall of the good old down town Chicago river with the "love of your life" F in priceless! :ack2: :cuss: :driving: Thanks Mike Your the Best, "dick" :leaving: :cheers2:

If it makes ya feel better, i had a tow bill 3 times yours the prior summer! Plus 2 impellers, a bent tie bar, and bent muffler....oh and 100 bucks worth of yagar got lost....thanks to my new friend i met that day...........Kool-aid man :sifone: Damn north winds......

redhotsommer
01-14-2010, 07:58 AM
It was a great day eh BZ....we were right in the middle of it!!!! Went out the night before for dinner on the river...all and all besides the weather a great day regardless of your boat getting throw up in!!!!

Dinner the night before was awesome. How many offshores did we have tied up on the river? I think it was 5? Kool-Aid, BZ, St. Louis Eric (r.i.p. "Go Ballz Deep boat), Little D and Hawk's OL... Plus, there was the guy that tried talkin' up our girls by saying "he raced offshore boats." After letting him go on for a bit, I called his bluff...which was, btw, that he raced a quad-engine Ocean Express that ran over 170. When he questioned my "authority" on the subject, I said "How did YOU get here tonight?!?"...look over that seawall and see how I got here tonight, jackhole!

Todd...thx for the invite...I'd LOVE to get up to GH this summer!

Tony M
01-14-2010, 09:36 AM
If it makes ya feel better, i had a tow bill 3 times yours the prior summer! Plus 2 impellers, a bent tie bar, and bent muffler....oh and 100 bucks worth of yagar got lost....thanks to my new friend i met that day...........Kool-aid man :sifone: Damn north winds...... BIGGER POCKETS, enough said! :driving: :cheers2:

runninhotracing
01-14-2010, 09:46 AM
[QUOTE=baronmarine;414018]mike what is this weeds you speak of sucking ?? lol. sorry i just had to.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm:sifone:

Oh Mikey :cheers2:

Kool-Aid Man
01-14-2010, 12:56 PM
Here's a few pics of the evening before the scene party

ICDEDPPL
01-14-2010, 03:18 PM
Holy crap! I thought it was a bad day weather wise but thats nothin.

I had some river fun when my drive blew during the water show weekend. Lucky for me there was a willing jet skier who towed my boat back to the dock.. poor jet ski
Maybe I should look into tow insurance...

Todd-