PDA

View Full Version : What's the latest with Ultimate Warrior?

GENERAL LEE
01-11-2010, 03:53 PM
Are we ever going to see it back on the water? That one sticks out in my memory with some of the other more "famous" Apaches. It seemed like that boat was in EVERY magazine at one time.

Chris
01-11-2010, 04:23 PM
It's been for sale by the same owner since at least 1997. I looked at it then. Is it listed anywhere these days?

Airpacker
01-11-2010, 04:25 PM
owned by Tony Ferrentino out of western NY. He redid the whole boat, poker ran it for several years, stripped the power and put it up for sale for a really high price. Last I heard it was still for sale.

Sean Stinson
01-11-2010, 10:48 PM
Tony Ferrentino is the proud owner of Geronimo one of, if not the baddest 41 ever built!!!!

WMF
01-11-2010, 11:31 PM
The owner used to keep the boat at Indian River Marina in Delware for years!! I rember it well as a kid, he would run with Smokin Joe( wellcraft Scarab), up the coast! I have alot of old pics of, need to scan them!!

WMF
01-11-2010, 11:37 PM
found pics of Smoking Joe, the 43 Scarab that was custom built for Joe Horisk.

phragle
01-12-2010, 12:41 AM
Smakin joe looks bad azz!

WMF
01-12-2010, 12:45 AM
Smakin joe looks bad azz!

It was a bad ass boat for its time!! it was custom built for its owner by Wellcraft, it ran 108 on GPS, and cost a ton back in the day.

WMF
01-12-2010, 12:49 AM
more pics, sorry I know this a Apache thread but what the hell!!

mikey
01-12-2010, 12:58 AM
found pics of Smoking Joe, the 43 Scarab that was custom built for Joe Horisk.

That boat still gives me chills I freakin love that thing. I remember sitting on the beach in OC one summer and I heard this noise and was like that is that. You could not see anything in either direction but it kept getting louder. Then that thing went roaring by and I was OMG it was so bad a** my dad and I went to find it at Indian River Inlet. It was for sale at Lake Cumberland for a while but sure of where it is now.

Buoy
01-12-2010, 01:12 AM
Damn!! I apologize for WMF's Hi-Jack (:)) but that is just badazz.
Scarab's were the only performance boats I saw on my local water as a kid, but they got me into the love of the the sport.
Smoking Joe looks like a monster!

38flatdeck
01-12-2010, 09:42 AM
i wonder how smokin joe would compare to the apaches

WMF
01-12-2010, 01:33 PM
That boat still gives me chills I freakin love that thing. I remember sitting on the beach in OC one summer and I heard this noise and was like that is that. You could not see anything in either direction but it kept getting louder. Then that thing went roaring by and I was OMG it was so bad a** my dad and I went to find it at Indian River Inlet. It was for sale at Lake Cumberland for a while but sure of where it is now.

Yes that was one bad ass boat, around here it was a legend. Joe had a 38 Scarab first, then had the 43 custom built by Larry Smith and the Wellcraft crew. I believe it was the only custom 43 Scarab ever build by Wellcraft at the factory. Joe was a customer of my father's back then, got to see the boat up close many times but never got a ride:mad:. He sold the boat years ago, and I think he now has a wellcraft crusier? For its time it was one of the fastest boats out there!! I think it would out run the first Ultimate Warrior 41 Apache in the ocean? It kinda got me into performance boats, that and Miami Vice:sifone: The Smoking Joe boat was also in a episode of Thunder in Pardise with Hulk Hogan.

xlr8by
01-12-2010, 03:09 PM
Yes that was one bad ass boat, around here it was a legend. Joe had a 38 Scarab first, then had the 43 custom built by Larry Smith and the Wellcraft crew. I believe it was the only custom 43 Scarab ever build by Wellcraft at the factory. Joe was a customer of my father's back then, got to see the boat up close many times but never got a ride:mad:. He sold the boat years ago, and I think he now has a wellcraft crusier? For its time it was one of the fastest boats out there!! I think it would out run the first Ultimate Warrior 41 Apache in the ocean? It kinda got me into performance boats, that and Miami Vice:sifone: The Smoking Joe boat was also in a episode of Thunder in Pardise with Hulk Hogan.

Now you are really testing me, but 15 years +-, I remember seeing a 43' Scarab around Ocean City, NJ. It was owned by a guy in the car business and was built by Larry Smith with trips and big power, could this have been the sister boat to this one? The owner replaced the boat with a 38' Scarab AVS around 2000. I don't have any pics :(. Sorry for the hi-jack!

WMF
01-12-2010, 03:39 PM
Now you are really testing me, but 15 years +-, I remember seeing a 43' Scarab around Ocean City, NJ. It was owned by a guy in the car business and was built by Larry Smith with trips and big power, could this have been the sister boat to this one? The owner replaced the boat with a 38' Scarab AVS around 2000. I don't have any pics :(. Sorry for the hi-jack!

Sound like the same boat, Joe is in the auto salvage business, in Wilmington, DE, but he never got another Scarab as far as I know after he sold Smokin Joe?

xlr8by
01-12-2010, 03:57 PM
Sound like the same boat, Joe is in the auto salvage business, in Wilmington, DE, but he never got another Scarab as far as I know after he sold Smokin Joe?

It could be....the name was not ringing a bell though, I was just a young guy back then and its been a long time :driving:

Megabyte*3
01-12-2010, 04:01 PM
Back to Ultimate Warrior....

It's been redone at Apache Powerboats with new paint, engines, drives, rigging, and interior. Should be on it's way to Europe in a few weeks.

xlr8by
01-12-2010, 04:27 PM

It's been redone at Apache Powerboats with new paint, engines, drives, rigging, and interior. Should be on it's way to Europe in a few weeks.

Can you post some new photos? :)

Spicy
01-12-2010, 04:29 PM
Tony Ferrentino is the proud owner of Geronimo one of, if not the baddest 41 ever built!!!!

The owner used to keep the boat at Indian River Marina in Delware for years!! I rember it well as a kid, he would run with Smokin Joe( wellcraft Scarab), up the coast! I have alot of old pics of, need to scan them!!

Geronimo is/was a BAD MO FO!!!! I ran it from Indian River Inlet to Ocean City Inlet with the original owner Brian Haggin back in the summer of 94.... 8' swells, wind blowing 35MPH out of the east for 30 miles, Jenny Express off of our Starboard/Beach side and Tom from BoatPix chasing us in the Helo taking Pictures...

I have stated this in another thread, I have been in several Cats, one at over 150, drove a 36 Nortech @ 146, been in a hand ful of V Bottoms touching 100MPH etc...

No Boat ride that I have been on touches this afternoon off Ocean City Md. when we had Geronimo stretched out for the cameraman!!!
Hell we never went over 75MPH that afternoon but we did it in 8 footers!!! :driving: :eek: Truely a memorable ride!!!

Tantra is on the boat this day with us, great ride that day huh Kent??

Pat

Spicy
01-12-2010, 04:31 PM
Forgot to attach Photo....

GENERAL LEE
01-13-2010, 02:11 PM
more pics, sorry I know this a Apache thread but what the hell!!

Dude, NOOO problem.....I have always loved Smokin Joe too! I ran next to him for probably 75% of the Islamorada Poker Run back in 04 I believe. SICK boat, and it was in perfect condition. http://smiliesftw.com/x/bowcool_1.gif (http://smiliesftw.com)

I spent quite a bit of time around Geronimo myself. When Jerry Hamm owned it, he lived about 6 house down from me, so I got my share of rides in that BAD sob.

The last time I saw Geronimo, was at the McManus display at the Fort Lauderdale Boat Show. It has just had a HUGE repower & redo, and looked brand new. That's the quintessential Apache....the name, paint, loud & proud. :cheers2:

GENERAL LEE
01-13-2010, 02:13 PM

I have seen another Ultimate Warrior recently, that has all new paint, interior, etc, but I was sure I had read that it was a different boat than the original UW? I'd love to see some pictures of it all polished up if it's the original boat. http://smiliesftw.com/x/bigglasses.gif (http://smiliesftw.com)

OldSchool
01-13-2010, 03:05 PM
Forgot to attach Photo....

I'm tired of squinting to see that MoFo. The quality sucks....but it's easier to see!!:sifone::cheers2:

xlr8by
01-13-2010, 03:20 PM
I have seen another Ultimate Warrior recently, that has all new paint, interior, etc, but I was sure I had read that it was a different boat than the original UW? I'd love to see some pictures of it all polished up if it's the original boat. http://smiliesftw.com/x/bigglasses.gif (http://smiliesftw.com)

Did you see ultimate warrior returns maybe?

BRD
01-13-2010, 06:51 PM

Thats good to hear !!!! :cheers2:

J-Bonz
01-13-2010, 08:56 PM

Nice pic!! Who took that........... :)

xlr8by
01-13-2010, 10:01 PM
Nice pic!! Who took that........... :)

J-Bonz it appears that you took every picture that I have in my files! I hope you don't mind me posting it?

J-Bonz
01-13-2010, 11:14 PM
J-Bonz it appears that you took every picture that I have in my files! I hope you don't mind me posting it?

Thats funny! Thats actually one of mine. Most all my Apache pics I pirated. As for posting, no problem here!!! I love seing them!!
Jr.

Sean Stinson
01-14-2010, 09:36 AM

Did it have a guy on a motorcycle on the side if so it was Ultimate Warrior Returns!!!!

GENERAL LEE
01-14-2010, 11:56 AM

Did it have a guy on a motorcycle on the side if so it was Ultimate Warrior Returns!!!!

That has to be the one!

Now, is that the original Ultimate Warrior, after the redo mentioned earlier? Or, is Ultimate Warrior Returns, a different boat all together?

Thanks guys, this stuff interests the hell out of me. :cheers2:

Sacred Ground
01-14-2010, 12:43 PM
Ultimate Warrior Returns is owned by Bob Biess and is located in Maryland

Sean Stinson
01-14-2010, 04:50 PM
That has to be the one!

Now, is that the original Ultimate Warrior, after the redo mentioned earlier? Or, is Ultimate Warrior Returns, a different boat all together?

Thanks guys, this stuff interests the hell out of me. :cheers2:

Ultimate Warrior and Ultimate Warrior Returns are 2 different boats!!!!!

J-Bonz
01-14-2010, 08:42 PM
Ultimate Warrior Returns..... Is this it?

J-Bonz
01-14-2010, 08:43 PM

J-Bonz
01-14-2010, 08:44 PM

J-Bonz
01-14-2010, 08:45 PM
few more...........

Sean Stinson
01-15-2010, 01:06 AM
That would be it bro....

DAREDEVIL
01-15-2010, 01:14 AM
few more...........

THATS A NICE CRIB TOO !!!!!!

but i would not park my boat so damn close to that slope ........LOLOLOL:sifone:

BlackPearl
01-19-2010, 10:29 PM
Pat I remmber hauling that boat with Big BOB for Brian it was the hottest one 41 I ever saw and I sure still is.Would love to see the power it has now it 850 Innovations at the time as u know.

ChiefApache
01-20-2010, 10:09 AM
We saw and met the owner of Ulitmate Warrior Returns when we were in Chesapeake! Awesome looking boat.

Sean Stinson
01-21-2010, 08:55 AM
Pat I remmber hauling that boat with Big BOB for Brian it was the hottest one 41 I ever saw and I sure still is.Would love to see the power it has now it 850 Innovations at the time as u know.

It has Richie Zul power in it which is the power that was in Ultimate Warrior.....I turned the Innovations into 1200's back when I was involved with the boat!!!!