PDA

View Full Version : What year is this Maltese?

scippy
01-04-2010, 11:47 PM
Can judging from the front hull lights determine what year maltese this is.

HIGH LIFE
01-06-2010, 01:11 AM
I saw this MAGNUM too, it's a 1979, 280 TRS... $7.9K in Miami,Fl. sent it to a friend who has 4 MAGNUM'S allready. P.S. bow lights don't tell the year. "HIGH LIFE"

Buoy
01-06-2010, 01:17 AM
Docking Lights... OUCH!
Such an Iconic boat, the docking lights suck.

Such a cool boat.

scippy
01-06-2010, 11:00 PM
I saw this MAGNUM too, it's a 1979, 280 TRS... $7.9K in Miami,Fl. sent it to a friend who has 4 MAGNUM'S allready. P.S. bow lights don't tell the year. "HIGH LIFE"

Spoke to the owner, says it's a '69 - Really didn't think a later model ('79 matese) had those front lamps to begin with.....wonder if anybody took an
up close on this boat, it would give me a heads up before I go to Miami. Boat does look like it sent some time in the water though.

Bobby Sheer
01-08-2010, 11:30 AM
Magnum didn't make a Maltese in '69, that I remember.

thedonz
01-08-2010, 12:22 PM
i have seen that boat before hear in miami....If your really intrested i can go look at it for you. Shoot me an email Premierfrc@aol.com

glassdave
01-08-2010, 02:47 PM
Magnum didn't make a Maltese in '69, that I remember.

kinda what i was thinking. The Maltese came out in the 70's if i'm not mistaken. I would be cautious of something like this. Was the TRS even out in 69?

scippy
01-09-2010, 02:43 AM
i have seen that boat before hear in miami....If your really intrested i can go look at it for you. Shoot me an email Premierfrc@aol.com

Donz, The side bar to going to Miami for the boat show was to look up this boat. Hey, if things don't happen I do appreciate the offer and will let you know, thanks
I called the guy, said it's an auction boat and papers say it's a '69 - I love it when nothing makes sense!

mmp61
01-09-2010, 02:51 PM
TRS wasn't out until 1975 model boats

glassdave
01-09-2010, 03:08 PM
Donz, The side bar to going to Miami for the boat show was to look up this boat. Hey, if things don't happen I do appreciate the offer and will let you know, thanks
I called the guy, said it's an auction boat and papers say it's a '69 - I love it when nothing makes sense!

I would definitely do some homework on the history before even considering a purchase. Sounds like someone got shifty with the title at some point in that boats past. Its certainly not a 69, may not be worth the hassle.

Friend of mine purchased a Vette one time and had it for several years. Title and numbers mated up to the car but apparently there was a notary discrepancy at some point in the cars past, not much he could do to see it coming. When he listed the car in a local photo ad paper a guy showed up to look at the car, looked it over and left. Showed up a few hours later with a title and a sherrif and took his car home. My friend could only go after the guy he got it from years ago and that turned out to be futile at best. Do your homework! Fishy things usually smell that way for a reason . . . .

scippy
01-09-2010, 04:33 PM
I would definitely do some homework on the history before even considering a purchase. Sounds like someone got shifty with the title at some point in that boats past. Its certainly not a 69, may not be worth the hassle.

Friend of mine purchased a Vette one time and had it for several years. Title and numbers mated up to the car but apparently there was a notary discrepancy at some point in the cars past, not much he could do to see it coming. When he listed the car in a local photo ad paper a guy showed up to look at the car, looked it over and left. Showed up a few hours later with a title and a sherrif and took his car home. My friend could only go after the guy he got it from years ago and that turned out to be futile at best. Do your homework! Fishy things usually smell that way for a reason . . . .

Dave, :iagree: their's no title just a sales reciept :confused: If he stuck to the year '79 thing he'd still have me going!-amazing what a little cold water in the face can do lol!

BUIZILLA
01-09-2010, 04:49 PM

Dave, :iagree: their's no title just a sales reciept :confused: If he stuck to the year '79 thing he'd still have me going!-amazing what a little cold water in the face can do lol! are you saying this boat is in FL, but has no title or registration, and it has displayed Fla numbers?
FYI... legit Fla boats have titles...

glassdave
01-09-2010, 04:52 PM
hmmm . . . . i believe that boat may be an onion . . .

scippy
01-09-2010, 06:27 PM
are you saying this boat is in FL, but has no title or registration, and it has displayed Fla numbers?
FYI... legit Fla boats have titles...

Boat did move from auction to auction to now :seeya:

h2oMag
01-09-2010, 09:51 PM
In the past Magnums have been the choice of scammers. :eek::eek: If your gut feeling :ack2: says dont,,, walk away. From the pic's she looks like she was neglected & will need much work.

imco offshore
01-09-2010, 10:02 PM
most 68 and 69,s had volvo.s in them..be carefull ?