PDA

View Full Version : Subwoofer pics

BDiggity
11-15-2008, 07:58 PM
Anyone know if there is enough volume under rear bench for 4 10" subs? Thinking about Alpine Type R or JL w3's.

How does Cig do the subs in the gunwales in newer models, are they free airs or is there an enclosure built in?

Trim'd Up
11-15-2008, 08:17 PM
Not sure on your question, but I just put two 12" type R's and PDX amps in my boat and they freaking rock! They replaced a couple of older JL 12" and the type R's put them to shame. ALpine has really stepped it up lately.

Quinlan
11-15-2008, 08:48 PM
Look at Wilds 38. He has 4 subs under seat, not sure size but fits extreamly well.

Tank
11-15-2008, 11:10 PM
Anyone know if there is enough volume under rear bench for 4 10" subs? Thinking about Alpine Type R or JL w3's.

How does Cig do the subs in the gunwales in newer models, are they free airs or is there an enclosure built in?

Yes, there's enough room. I have two Eclipse 10" subs in seperate enclosed boxes. There's would not be any problem putting two more subs under the rear seat. I think I'd stay away from running them in the gunwall due to not being able to mount them in an enclosure and no matter how good people say "free air" subs are, they're just not.

Griff
11-16-2008, 04:30 AM
I just put 2 10" free air Alpines in the gunwales of the AT powered by a PDX amp. They sound pretty good, but definately not as good as high end enclosed subs. I just didn't want to loose my storage space under the seat with boxed subs.

BDiggity
11-16-2008, 10:24 AM
I just put 2 10" free air Alpines in the gunwales of the AT powered by a PDX amp. They sound pretty good, but definately not as good as high end enclosed subs. I just didn't want to loose my storage space under the seat with boxed subs.

I was trying to decide if 2 under the bench (to try & keep some space) & 2 in gunwales, or just 4 under the bench.

Wild
11-16-2008, 01:39 PM
Look at Wilds 38. He has 4 subs under seat, not sure size but fits extreamly well.

i will try to get you some pics of my sub box, 4 subs thump ALOT, i think two would be OK, but the women seem to like it when all 4 where hitting and they were sitting on the rear bench :)

stecz20
11-16-2008, 01:59 PM
i was gonna say wild got some good stuff.....

Sea-Dated
11-17-2008, 05:12 PM
Wild has a great looking set up in his Gun.