PDA

View Full Version : Visiting N.Captiva Is.

spilman
11-15-2008, 03:04 PM
My family will be staying on North Captiva Island from Dec.26th -Jan2nd. If anyone wants to swing by and give me a tour of the area; I will gladly fill up your fuel tanks if we could take the nephews for a ride in a Go-Fast. I am unable to tow the AT cause everyone wants to use the Starcraft for recreating...If only I could bring both boats! I know I am going to wish I could cruise this area in my Active Thunder; I haven't been on the AT since July and would be so grateful. Thanks in advance....looking forward to this vacation more than ever; we normally go to St. Pete Beach, so this will be a great change.
Chris Spilman

jayboat
11-16-2008, 07:20 PM
I don't have a boat so I can't give you a ride, but you should make plans to have lunch at Guy Harvey's at the Esplanade on Marco Island on New Year's Day. Ft Myers Offshore is having their annual New Year's Fun Run and there will be a nice collection of hardware on display. Hope to see you there.

Enjoy your stay- Captiva is a beautiful place- we are planning the Thankgiving Fun Run to South Seas Resort for lunch and overnight.

spilman
11-16-2008, 10:15 PM
Cool, Thanks....we will be there

vagrant
11-17-2008, 10:49 AM
I will be there this weekend Nov 21-24 This me will be my first visit.:sifone:

Tom A.
11-17-2008, 02:03 PM
Gotta get a boat ride (can only get there by boat) to Cabbage Key. The origin of cheeseburger in paradise.

On Captiva Island, The Mucky Duck is a great pub right on the Gulf.

ZBODaytona
11-17-2008, 02:58 PM
He said N. Captiva, last i checked gotta go by boat there too, unless he really meant captiva and not North. My family had a house there when i was younger. Loved that place then..got a little to busy later. still fun to visit. Def, go up to cabbage key and put a dollar up, old family tradition is you gotta have a tequilla shot before you leave the dollar bar.
The mucky duck is a cool place to, not to far of a boat ride.

Bobthebuilder
11-17-2008, 03:12 PM
If anyone wants to swing by and give me a tour of the area; I will gladly fill up your fuel tanks if we could take the nephews for a ride in a Go-Fast.
Chris Spilman
919.669.2249[/QUOTE]

Great Chris. I have a 400 gal fuel tank and will make sure it is good and empty !! LOL No fear, joking of coarse.

I am about 60 miles south of there but do get up that way once in awhile. I will keep your number and if up that way will be happy to take you all for a ride...... and no fuel surcharge either ! We will see if it works out.

Like Jay said if you can get down to Marco you are welcome to join us at Guy Harvey's on the First.

Enjoy the Gulf Coast.:)

Bob

spilman
11-17-2008, 06:49 PM
If anyone wants to swing by and give me a tour of the area; I will gladly fill up your fuel tanks if we could take the nephews for a ride in a Go-Fast.
Chris Spilman

Great Chris. I have a 400 gal fuel tank and will make sure it is good and empty !! LOL No fear, joking of coarse.

Enjoy the Gulf Coast.:)

Bob[/QUOTE]

That is great. I Gulped real hard when I read that! ....After I thought about that post I figured it could come back to grab me in the wallet! I do recall reading about Predator & the 400 gal fuel capacity. Congrats on the World record...& I hope to see you while we are down there. I am still trying to figure out a way to bring my Active Thunder as well as the dec boat; the area sounds beautiful and I would love to join the fun run on Jan 1st.
Thanks again, Chris

spilman
11-17-2008, 06:54 PM
He said N. Captiva, last i checked gotta go by boat there too, unless he really meant captiva and not North. My family had a house there when i was younger. Loved that place then..got a little to busy later. still fun to visit. Def, go up to cabbage key and put a dollar up, old family tradition is you gotta have a tequilla shot before you leave the dollar bar.
The mucky duck is a cool place to, not to far of a boat ride.

No, I meant North Captiva...we are towing the deck boat down for our method of crossing. I just wish I could bring my Active Thunder also, but I am being considerate of other family members wishes. They all prefer the recreational, all around purpose built Starcraft Aurora...it is a great little boat and OB makes sense for the salt water. can't wait to see the area!:03: