PDA

View Full Version : non step boat on step hull trailer

pullmytrigger
12-30-2009, 09:53 AM
been looking for a new trailer for my old 29 non step....guy has this nice Eagle tri that he had his 29 step on for sale, good price...... he sold the boat only......havnt gone out to see it yet but anyone know off the top of their head if there would be any issues with putting the the non step 29 on a step 29 trailer? both Fountain
thx

Ted
12-30-2009, 09:56 AM
If the bunks are cut for the steps then it will not support your hull correctly. It will make pressure points at the end and could cause your hull to develop a hook or ripple. But it should not be that big a deal to replace the bunks or even just build up the lower ones for the steps. Or he may have had straight bunks on it and you are golden.

Sydwayz
12-30-2009, 11:47 AM
Yep, you ought to be able to add a couple of flat bunks to the top of the others to make a flat surface for your boat to rest on.

Hard Charger
12-30-2009, 12:14 PM
I bought a step trailer for my none step boat. I simply pulled back the carpet, removed the lag bolts and the two extra wood bunk layers that created the steps. After that I re-attached the carpet and was done.

My trailer is an 03' Aluminum Slide On by Owens originally setup for a 29' Fountain twin step. My none stepped 28' Sonic is currently on it.