PDA

View Full Version : Winter 2008 Formula Interior Upgrade Project

PartyMedic
11-14-2008, 07:54 PM
I started tearing down my boat to upgrade the interior this week. With a little bit of :huh: I have the cockpit pretty close to being completely gutted. I will try to post before and after pictures throughtout the process. Hope to have the project completed by next season. :seeya::)

PartyMedic
11-14-2008, 08:01 PM
Interior before teardown.

PartyMedic
11-14-2008, 08:10 PM
Starboard Panels

Port Panel

PartyMedic
11-14-2008, 08:18 PM
Upholstery is 15 year old and falling apart.

Engine Hatch

Head Rest

Back seat

Sea-Dated
11-14-2008, 08:42 PM
Cool. I love the resto threads. Take lots of pics and keep us updated.

t500hps
11-14-2008, 08:56 PM
Need a brand new rear skin....I believe it's for a 336 but could be altered to fit. Same price I paid...NOTHING, just cover shipping.

PartyMedic
11-14-2008, 09:57 PM
Thanks for the offer but I am going to go with an all white interior.

PartyMedic
11-14-2008, 10:08 PM
Side Trim "The Pink Has Got To Go!!! I am considering getting all grab handles painted to match the colored bezels on the new gauges.

Open Hatch

Drive and Trim Tab Panel

baywatch
11-14-2008, 10:19 PM
What is your plan with the dash? I know someone that has a 336 with those colors that was talking about doing the interior and guages but he isn't sure what he want's to do with all of that hidious dash.

PartyMedic
11-14-2008, 10:20 PM
Starboard Dash Panels Removed

Engine Hatch, Back Seat, and Back Rest Removed

Starboard Side Panel Trim Removed

PartyMedic
11-14-2008, 10:38 PM
What is your plan with the dash? I know someone that has a 336 with those colors that was talking about doing the interior and guages but he isn't sure what he want's to do with all of that hidious dash.

I am having all dash panels cut out of aluminum and powdercoated white. The panels will get airbrushed with what ever graphics the airbrush guy says will look good. The main dash is staying black for the time being and if I dont like it I will pull the windshield off next winter and have the whole dash painted white. I am putting in Livorsi Gauges with white dials. All toggle switches are getting changed out with the white rocker switches. The drive and trim tab switches will also get changed to white. I am unsure what color rims I am going with on the gauges. Probably white rims with blue bezels or possibly blue rims and blue or chrome bezels. I am going to get my sticks sandblasted and powdercoated either white or blue also. The steering wheel is going to get changed to either white or blue. I havn't ordered gauges yet but i am going to have to make a decision soon on what I want. I plan on checking out some others that have been updated and see if I can find something I really like. I am also open to suggestions on what might look good as well.

PartyMedic
11-14-2008, 10:43 PM
I am really looking forward to getting it all back together now that it is in pieces. I will post more pictures throughout the process.

Elite Marine
11-14-2008, 11:25 PM
If you need Livorsi gauges, rigging, switches etc...let me know and i will give you a great deal. Ask others...I treat people very well.

Have some items on my site but can do better on the pricing. Email me a list and lets see how it shakes out.

elitemarine@sbcglobal.net

Kirk

PartyMedic
11-20-2008, 12:12 AM
It was off to the Upholstery Shop today.

PartyMedic
11-20-2008, 12:16 AM
More Pictures

PartyMedic
11-20-2008, 12:21 AM
The wood appears to be in decent shape in the bolsters and the backrest of the back seat. We wont know about the engine hatch or the bottom of the back seat untill it gets torn down. Hoping to get lucky and not have to replace any of the wood. :seeya:

ILMORdude
11-20-2008, 01:09 AM
Awesome looking project. Have fun with that. The dash is gonna look sa-weet when finished!

Jigsaw89
11-20-2008, 02:45 AM
Now is the best time to paint the dash when everything has been removed. No sense in doing double the work. Good Luck w/your project and I hope it exceeds your expectations!

The main dash is staying black for the time being and if I dont like it I will pull the windshield off next winter and have the whole dash painted white.

Knot 4 Me
11-20-2008, 11:39 AM
I am having all dash panels cut out of aluminum and powdercoated white. The panels will get airbrushed with what ever graphics the airbrush guy says will look good. The main dash is staying black for the time being and if I dont like it I will pull the windshield off next winter and have the whole dash painted white. I am putting in Livorsi Gauges with white dials. All toggle switches are getting changed out with the white rocker switches. The drive and trim tab switches will also get changed to white. I am unsure what color rims I am going with on the gauges. Probably white rims with blue bezels or possibly blue rims and blue or chrome bezels. I am going to get my sticks sandblasted and powdercoated either white or blue also. The steering wheel is going to get changed to either white or blue. I havn't ordered gauges yet but i am going to have to make a decision soon on what I want. I plan on checking out some others that have been updated and see if I can find something I really like. I am also open to suggestions on what might look good as well.If you are going this far, go all the way while it is apart and pull the windshield now and paint the dash. I would not paint it white due to glare. Given your color scheme, painting it a light grey might just be the ticket. I just think the black will look really out of place once it is all back together. Good luck with the project and keep the pics coming!!! :cool:

Sea-Dated
11-20-2008, 11:43 AM
I have to agree. Go ahead and paint the dash now. You will hate having to pull everything in the dash apart again later to redo it.

Do it now and save the hassel next winter.

Formula 382 sr-1
11-20-2008, 04:22 PM
We did that two winters ago :sifone:

Formula 382 sr-1
11-20-2008, 04:26 PM
more

Formula 382 sr-1
11-20-2008, 05:03 PM
more :sifone:

Mark
11-20-2008, 05:47 PM
I agree with those that say pull the dash now. I bet ya a cold beer that you will wish you would have if you don't. Good luck!

PartyMedic
12-18-2008, 09:16 PM
I finally made a decision and ordered my gauges. Ordered them on Tuesday at 3:30 and by Thursday at noon they were on my doorstep.

Buoy
12-19-2008, 12:13 AM
Mightaswellanoma.
"Well, I tore this out, so I might-as well..."

I've had this disease for a long time, yet to find a cure short of a large checkbook.

PartyMedic
12-19-2008, 12:33 AM
Here are a couple pictures of the cover I had made for it. They aren't the best quality because they are cell phone pictures.

PartyMedic
03-15-2009, 05:32 PM
Its starting to come back together!!

PartyMedic
03-15-2009, 05:41 PM
New port panels, new shift and trim panel. The switches will be white I just havn't put the new ones on yet. I attempted to save 2 trim panels that still looked good but ended up tearing them up pulling the backrest out. I am going to get them recovered tomorrow morning and hopefully get them put back in tomorrow afternoon along with the seats and gauge panels. If I dont get it done tomorrow I will have to get it done Wednesday for sure. I leave for the Caribbean next Wednesday and would like to have it done before I go.:D

PartyMedic
03-19-2009, 12:49 AM
Worked all day today on my boat and I have all trim panels in. I replaced all hardware with stainless. Bolster seat brackets are mounted back in and ready for the seats to be put on them. I have my new depth finder mounted, cables ran and puck secured to fiberglass. I also have my trim indicator wired up and working. All trim switches are white now with stainless screws. Deptch finder is hooked up and ready to go. I aslo installed the grab bars on both side of the boat today. My electrical guy is going to try to get the rest of the gauges in tomorrow and then we will finish it up on Friday night. It has been a long couple days but progress has been made. I would really like to put new sticks in but I think the checkbook says wait till next winter. I was to tired to take pictures today when I got done so I will get some taken on Friday when I go back to work on it.

Spicy
03-19-2009, 09:43 AM
very nice...... I have my 400SS interior being done right now, should install in the next couple of weekends!!!
Pat

Big Time
03-19-2009, 09:52 AM
I like the all white look, very clean and classy. Looks great.

Sunsation96
03-19-2009, 10:34 AM
Looking sharp keep the photos coming!

Magic Medicine
03-19-2009, 10:44 AM
I like the all white look very classy, I think Formula offered a interior white out package from the factory?

PartyMedic
04-23-2009, 10:07 PM
Here are some pictures.

PartyMedic
04-23-2009, 10:09 PM
Bolsters

PartyMedic
04-23-2009, 10:11 PM
New Dash Panels, Gauges, and Steering Wheel.

PartyMedic
04-23-2009, 10:12 PM
New Step Plates and Cup Holders.

PartyMedic
04-23-2009, 10:14 PM
Top View of the Cockpit.

PartyMedic
04-29-2009, 03:49 PM
I ordered new sticks yesterday. Hope to have them installed by next week!!

Davidmnc
04-29-2009, 04:00 PM
That thing is looking great! I love the white out look!