PDA

View Full Version : Perfect world

Pete B
12-16-2009, 11:26 PM
OK, the powers that be all huddled up and concluded unity is the key, but they want a schedule everyone would be happy with each ORG gets 3 races to represent with. and the last race will be KW, being the 10th race, the season starts in April. fill in your idea race schedule!

Remember each Organization only has three spots to fill!

April: Biloxi (OSS)

May: Ft lauderdale (SBI)

June: Ocean City (OPA)

July: 1st Race Sarasota (SBI)
2nd Race St Clair (OPA)

August: 1st Race Orange Beach (OSS)
2nd Race Patchogue (OPA)

Sept: LOTO (OSS)

OCT: Clearwater (SBI)

Nov: KW

Now just my idea but this would be a good schedule, I am sure you all have diiferent points of view, wether it be from a fans perspective, Racer's, or whatever.

let's see your idea's.

XtremeRacing
12-17-2009, 08:45 AM
My favorites:

New York
Michigan City
MooreHead City

Dunbar 104
12-17-2009, 12:17 PM
Biloxi
Sarasota
St Clair
Orange Beach

I would rather go to 4 races with 8 boats vs 8 races with 4 or less.

Pete B
12-17-2009, 12:54 PM
Great but Thats not what I ask for put your perfect schedule up and insure each org has 3 races!

F1-00 Racing
12-17-2009, 01:25 PM
Pete,
I swear I am not trying to open a can of worms, but I am sincerely asking about Orange Beach and LOTO. I know not everything is posted on the boards, but according to Randy's last post on here concerning an OSS schedule he stated that 2 race sites are confirmed:Biloxi and Lake Cumberland and 4 others "are in the works". How can we include non confirmed race sites on this list you are requesting? Both Orange Beach and LOTO are great sites and if they are now confirmed I applaud OSS for getting them.

trent

Pete B
12-17-2009, 02:16 PM
Why would OB and LOTO matter to you, you have never raced a OSS race, and furthermore this is all about a "Perfect World" not reality! because when it come to that we can all be disappointed at the offshore world!

stainless
12-17-2009, 02:27 PM
OK, the powers that be all huddled up and concluded unity is the key, but they want a schedule everyone would be happy with each ORG gets 3 races to represent with. and the last race will be KW, being the 10th race, the season starts in April. fill in your idea race schedule!

Remember each Organization only has three spots to fill!

April: Biloxi (OSS)

May: Ft lauderdale (SBI)

June: Ocean City (OPA)

July: 1st Race Sarasota (SBI)
2nd Race St Clair (OPA)

August: 1st Race Orange Beach (OSS)
2nd Race Patchogue (OPA)

Sept: LOTO (OSS)

OCT: Clearwater (SBI)

Nov: KW

Now just my idea but this would be a good schedule, I am sure you all have diiferent points of view, wether it be from a fans perspective, Racer's, or whatever.

let's see your idea's.

Looks Good! :iagree:

F1-00 Racing
12-17-2009, 02:40 PM
Pete its all good man!! I am sorry that I put your panties in a bunch... I didnt realize this was a "I have a Dream" thread. I also apologize that I have never raced an OSS race in the past, but with OSS being the cat of offshore and it being on its 5th or 6th life now, I was seriously considering running a schedule somewhat similar to what you put above, I could give two craps about politics anymore, I just want to race the best sites and have fun again. Its been a while and I look forward to it. Drawing lines in the sand has done nothing but create un-needed animosities towards one another and made offshore what it is today. Someone posted about all of us, putting aside differences and playing nice with each other and I have done everything in my power to follow that lead. I apologize once again for peeing in your wheaties and only wish you the best and once again thank you for your incredible photos of offshore racing, they are some of the best!

Pete B
12-17-2009, 10:11 PM
No, one peed in my wheaties, Trent.

Have a safe Merry Christmas, and a properous New Year.

F1-00 Racing
12-17-2009, 10:20 PM
you as well!!

capthump1
12-17-2009, 10:54 PM
Boy, that does look like a great schedule Pete, you've got good taste, but one I miss is Picwick, Tenn..... Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year!

Pete B
12-17-2009, 11:11 PM
Same to Eddie!!

Wahoo 214
12-18-2009, 10:44 AM
That would be a great schedule, but the purses also need to be huge. If not I believe it would kill offshore because the bread and butter C1-6 teams could not afford it.

Most of these teams come from the North/NE. Either way it sure would be fun in a perfect world.

imco offshore
12-18-2009, 11:33 AM
there are 14 post here and not 1 of them answer the perfect world question,,the man didn,t ask for a debate on his opinion,,,he want,s your opinion,,,,be a leader,,put down your perfect schedule,,not ridicule anothers opinion,,what would you want to see ,,,,3 out of each series,,make believe everyone in offshore all get along?? i like the 1st post schedule with the exception,,i would trade off ft laud,,for new york or morehead,??? have fun with it,,dream a little,,,,have a great holiday all

imco offshore
12-18-2009, 11:37 AM
That would be a great schedule, but the purses also need to be huge. If not I believe it would kill offshore because the bread and butter C1-6 teams could not afford it.

Most of these teams come from the North/NE. Either way it sure would be fun in a perfect world.

well we all agree with that ,,,thats why they race in OPA! N,E,

Steve Miklos
12-19-2009, 01:15 AM
St Cloud, Daytona, Ft Meyers, Cleveland, Savannah,Sarasota,Miami, Milwaukee, St Petersburg, Key West. Smitty also has some sites with rich history. I am sure they are great and should be on my list I just have no personal experience with them.
Steve

Sean Stinson
12-19-2009, 01:20 PM
Pt Pleasant, Atlantic City, and how about San Francisco, Ventura, or Long Beach????

capthump1
12-19-2009, 06:42 PM
SBI- New York
Sarasota
Key West
OPA Pt Pleasant
Ocean City
St Clair
OSS Biloxi
Pickwick
Orange Beach

TYPHOON
12-19-2009, 06:48 PM
I like the way you think Hump!!!!
MD

skaterdave
12-19-2009, 06:57 PM
i don't really care which races would be chosen. but in my perfect world the "race site" would be a true race site and setup to provide better racing and safety and have true profesional appearence.

how about making sure theres enough dockage for atleast 20-30 boats to in the water so that theres not always so much confusion. if not then have transportable dock system and haul form race to race. for instance the worlds in KW was a complete joke of a setup. of course 2 cranes and if your going to have someone as a crane official like OSS trys to do, maybe atleast send to guy to crane school so he knows the simple hand signals and understands basic safety standards involved in the crane operation.

next have dry pits that are not miles away from the crane and wet pit area.

practice days on the actaul closed course that will be raced on and setup with same safety as race day.

minamum amount of milage per event. atleast 100 miles for the top classes. courses with a combination of the current lake, ocean and point to point racing.

the lake races should be short courses with alot of turns think of nascar's bristol. heats races would be effect here and invert the field in the second heat with double row starts. this would give the slower boats get a chance to run up front. starting position could be either done be times trails during testing or by points standings for the first race.

ocean races should have one race with staggered starts. i'll like to see horba's events combined in here somehow. one big point i would like to see is gaureenteed towing for all race boats. the whole seatow salvage BS has got to go away. i know of no other motorsports where if you crash theres a chance that it will cost thousands to recover your property.

next would be prize money. if there is money great it should be plain and simple with a check handed out at the end of the day. none of this well there wasn't enough even though thats what the racers packet said or having to wait till the following year to get a check.

possibly try to lump the races in a region. no perticular order here:

spring time - miami, biloxi, orange beach, ft lauderdale, cumberland ky

summer tour - sarasota, ny patchgue, nyc, point pleasent, atlantic city, st clair mi.

end of summer hit the west coast - catalina race, havasu, LOTO, chattanooga tn

end in florda - destin, st pete, clearwater

worlds in KW

imco offshore
12-19-2009, 08:35 PM
skaterdave ,,do you race ? now ,,,i,m asking because i personally don,t know you. it would help me with your post to know where your comming from,

1waterboy1
12-19-2009, 09:26 PM
Unified schedule.Two featured classes;one for cats and one for vees.The other classes could run as the prelim to the feature race.Can HP to WT work to combine the multiple Super Cat(uim c1,sc850,sc750,sc525) and Super Vee(uim p1,sv750,sv525) classes?Can you imagine a feature race with 20 or more big boats in only two classes!This would be easy to follow and exciting for the fans.This would also make for a great TV show....and it would be marketable to $ponsors.

Miami,FL early April
Sunny Isles,FL or Orange Beach,AL May
Ocean City,MD Memorial Day Weekend
Atlantic City,NJ in June
Sarasota,FL July 4th weekend
St Clair,MI end of July
Michigan City,IN or Harrison Twp,MI early August
Patchogue,NY end of August
Point Pleasant,NJ or New York,NY middle of September
Clearwater,FL Nationals October
Key West,FL Worlds November

Crown a national high point champion in each class...as well divisional high point champions(south,north and central)in each class.Crown a world champion in each class in Key West,FL at the end of the year.

skaterdave
12-19-2009, 10:43 PM
skaterdave ,,do you race ? now ,,,i,m asking because i personally don,t know you. it would help me with your post to know where your comming from,

imco, i've been a big fan of offshore all my life. i got a chance to race p1 with sbi and opa in 2008 in a 32 dw. before that i did a bunch of years racing jersey skiffs. this past year i help the talkin trash boys in Oc md and when they got the boat back in KW, along with working for another team in the beginning of 2009 and getting to go to biloxi and cumberland. been to KW in 2002 and 2003 during what i would call the hey-day apba's supercat as a spectator. grew up going to lavalette nj and watching the benihanna races.

i know Pete's thread was Perfect World race schedule scenerio but i was just throwing in my opinion of how the PERFECT RACE should be developed.

i think theres a lot of focus on the locations are far as history and glamour of the city but to bring offshore racing to the next level as a so-called "sport", the way the entire race is conducted needs to looked at.

for instance this year, heres a few things i thought didn't go too well :

biloxi, they had the whole marina area but both cranes jambed next to each other. and the way they were setup you could only swing one boat in at a time ???? along with several changes in the race times since there was a poor turn of p class boats and the addition of heat race format. if your were there you probably noticed that quite a few people left since there was no PA system to tell the fans what was going and with the time delay inbetween first and second heats. alot of fans thought the races were over and left. this is what i saw from the top of the main hotel next to the wet pits.

cumberland, had the same problems with basically no room for dockage.

oc md had its own dileames with talkin trash crashing and some confusion between all the safety crews. but all was OK.

KW was good racing but my main complaint would be the poor dock space for the race boats. i was just looing at some photos from back in 2003 and there was several sections of dock installed along the concrete seawall which gave the race boats enough room for about 4 boats to be tied up at each crane location. this year there was one small section per crane. the extra dock was there but i guess that would have taken touch much time to setup ?

my view point or *****ing is soley that i would like to see a better site setup and more done for the racers. if you want to see more people come out and race, one has to look at the the whole picture and try to think of ways to make it easier and more appealing to go racing. and agian like the seatow situtation, how many guys would stop racing cars if their car, when involved in an accident, got impounded and the racer had to pay a towing and recovery fee ?

imco offshore
12-20-2009, 12:26 AM
well i,m glad your are a racer,,because it sometimes hard to explain why things happen...i know you hAVE been there,,,yea you have some very valid reasons...i think at this point in time we all need to be greatfull that a city,,, while might not have all the proper ammenities in place,is still willing to host a race.. i,m sure the pride of a city manager or mayor will do their best to fix the short commings the next race.,, in the past few years if been lucky enough to work with a crane person that can put 30 boats in a tea cup without spilling a drop and do it in record time, we have to work within a lot of city ,,government,,safety,, and areas allocated to us.sometimes its a lot,, sometimes not so much.. i went to a race in patchog ny and they had one crane and you had to back to it 1/2 mile and it went off without a hitch ..as for the tow boat,,and help on the water deal,, YOU COULDN,T BE MORE CORRECT....it,s the current biggest rippoff in offshore racing today, and i think the citys could go to seatow---towboat----ecttt,,,,,and tell them were going to host a race ,,,, and if you,, WANT TO OPPERATE IN OUR WATERS ALL YEAR. YOU WILL WORK WITH US ,,,or simply revoke their licenses,, great talking to ya ,,have a great holiday,,george jr.:USA: