PDA

View Full Version : Offshore Ginger Bulkhead question.

MOBILEMERCMAN
12-15-2009, 12:10 PM
My next project is to replace the cabin floor in my old 10 meter. I found the lower part of the bulkheads on each end or in need of repair too. I intend to remove all the horizontal surfaces in the cabin and repair everything before replacing the top surfaces with balsa panels.

My question is can I consider replacing the lower sections of bulkheads and stringers under the V berth with balsa panels too. Or should I just install marine ply instead. Is there something better to use? I intend to add pvc tubes it allow better drainage in everything that is hidden so there should be no worry of it getting and staying wet again.

Thanks in advance.

Offshore Ginger
12-15-2009, 07:54 PM
My next project is to replace the cabin floor in my old 10 meter. I found the lower part of the bulkheads on each end or in need of repair too. I intend to remove all the horizontal surfaces in the cabin and repair everything before replacing the top surfaces with balsa panels.

My question is can I consider replacing the lower sections of bulkheads and stringers under the V berth with balsa panels too. Or should I just install marine ply instead. Is there something better to use? I intend to add pvc tubes it allow better drainage in everything that is hidden so there should be no worry of it getting and staying wet again.

Thanks in advance. Jim personally i would stick with the original build and use ply instead because i am kinda of a keep it simple stupid kinda guy unless it is a very high end boat . Jim , the pvc is a very good idea to allow better drainage and to bad they did not do that in the original build . Jim . the 10 meter and the 8 meter are some of my all time favorite's for those years .

imco offshore
12-15-2009, 08:04 PM
hey ya want me to send you some energy drink,,sounds like your going to need it,,be carefull, good luck,,

MOBILEMERCMAN
12-15-2009, 08:11 PM
Thanks Artie. I have installed the balsa panels on floors on numerous customers boats over the years. I want to do it to mine too. Aside from the cost is there any reason why I shouldn't do the vertical pieces in the forward section of the cabin?

Does Skater still make their stringers out of Balsa and foam composite? I know they did about 10 years ago on the V's I worked on.

I always wanted an 10 Meter. I intend to systematically go through the entire boat. The cabin this winter and the engine compartment next winter.

MOBILEMERCMAN
12-15-2009, 08:16 PM
hey ya want me to send you some energy drink,,sounds like your going to need it,,be carefull, good luck,,

I have done so many for other people I actually look forward to doing my own. As soon as I get it back on the trailer the cabin is coming out and the diamond wheel will be spinning. Got a full house squirrel cage fan with a 10" flex duct waiting to get a work out. It works like a giant vacuum hanging in from the deck hatch.

imco offshore
12-15-2009, 08:22 PM
i have a couple of ac take outs ,let me know if you need another

Offshore Ginger
12-15-2009, 09:23 PM
Thanks Artie. I have installed the balsa panels on floors on numerous customers boats over the years. I want to do it to mine too. Aside from the cost is there any reason why I shouldn't do the vertical pieces in the forward section of the cabin?

Does Skater still make their stringers out of Balsa and foam composite? I know they did about 10 years ago on the V's I worked on.

I always wanted an 10 Meter. I intend to systematically go through the entire boat. The cabin this winter and the engine compartment next winter.Jim , please excuse me if i sound rude but..........Skater has never made there engine stringers out of Balsa and Foam , in fact it has always been wood and still is done this way today with ...... the exception of other stringers being built out of other composites . Jim , to make sure i was not misleading you or any body in anyway , i called a friend who i share most of the gas tank repair's with who is employed at skater as a laminator just to be sure that i have my Ducks in a row .Jim , besides the cost there is no reason why you shouldn't replace the vertical piecs in the foward cabin if you like and to tell you the truth 100 % of the time when i answer question's of this nature .... $$ cost is a major factor and with that in mind i try to keep it real my friend ,:seeya:

Offshore Ginger
12-15-2009, 09:30 PM
i have done so many for other people i actually look forward to doing my own. As soon as i get it back on the trailer the cabin is coming out and the diamond wheel will be spinning. Got a full house squirrel cage fan with a 10" flex duct waiting to get a work out. It works like a giant vacuum hanging in from the deck hatch. ha ha ha ,

MOBILEMERCMAN
12-15-2009, 09:44 PM
Artie, Thank you for your responses. I know the stringers around the engine rails are plywood. It is the rest of them I was referring too.

I plan to cut out the existing horizontal pieces as if I would reinstall them. Inspect all hidden areas and vertical pieces. At that time I will see exactly how much material I need. I will use the old horizontal pieces to pattern. I am thinking I will be able to use the remaining panel cut offs to replace the forward most vertical sections which are now 1/4 or 3/8 ply.

I will see soon. Hopefully start the 3rd week in January.

Thanks again.

smdude
12-16-2009, 10:37 AM
Jim, been following you this forum, I also love the 10 meter. Look like we have the same problem. There is ours. Good luck. Harry

MOBILEMERCMAN
12-16-2009, 10:46 AM
Harry, Nice am not going to update mine just restore. I haven't confirmed how the water gets in yet. I have sealed the bow light and suspect the lifting eye lets water in. It would collect under where the porti potty use to be. The hatch had a leak at some point that allowed water to collect outside the stringer under the closet. Than the floor has drains under the fuel tanks but the bow isn't high enough on the trailer to allow it to drain. All of these issues will be corrected this winter. Next winter I want to raise the drives to the rail. First things first.

Thanks for sharing the pix. Is yours an '85 too?

smdude
12-16-2009, 04:02 PM
Its a 83. I just love the lines of the early Fountains. Good luck again!

Offshore Ginger
12-17-2009, 08:10 PM
Jim you do know that you will have to keep this thread alive with updates and pics .:)

MOBILEMERCMAN
02-07-2010, 09:31 PM
I got the cabin stripped out. It appears the bow cleat/ lifting eye has been leaking most of its life. The water would get in and get trapped at the anchor locker bulkhead. It eventually weeped through and would lay on the forward section of the V berth. There were no drains anywhere forward of the lounge area. As a result every piece of wood from the bow to fuel tank in the center V of the boat is dust. Nothing was broken. I will post some pix this week. I am going to need 5 sheets of rigid panels to replace everything as needed. Where is the best place to buy rigid panels? I used to buy from Oceana in Annapolis but they have been bought out and no longer offer what I need.

02-07-2010, 11:07 PM
i just love the lines of the early fountains.

+1

MOBILEMERCMAN
02-22-2010, 03:20 PM
This is what I am left to work with after removing stages of rot do to constant exposure to a small amount of moisture over a long time. The hard part was half of what I was removing at the end was generally good structure.

MOBILEMERCMAN
02-22-2010, 03:26 PM
Some of the varying states of rot include dust, mulch, slimy, slimy with white funk. Just white funk, been wet no funk.

MOBILEMERCMAN
02-22-2010, 03:30 PM

That is it for now.

old377guy
02-22-2010, 04:17 PM
nuthin' pretty about that except your stellar craftmanship of course:sifone:

imco offshore
02-22-2010, 06:28 PM
dang,,,,,, Jimmy going deep,!! looks like your going to have a great boat when done,, call me if you want the router,,( i don,t use it your welcome to it)

Griswald
02-22-2010, 07:41 PM
Jim - router in the shop if you need it. have a brand new 10" table saw, too

imco offshore
02-22-2010, 07:58 PM
o yea ,,, i have a router and a table saw ,,,,,and a DRILL,,!!!!

MOBILEMERCMAN
02-22-2010, 08:00 PM
Thanks Guys. All in need is some gitterdone

Offshore Ginger
02-22-2010, 08:04 PM
nuthin' pretty about that except your stellar craftmanship of course:sifone: Of course , and wow , i cant believe all the bare wood and Jim have you decided on what core to use ?

FastDonzi
02-22-2010, 08:24 PM
I'd gut out ALL That wood and replace it with some sort of cored panels, 1) it'll give you ample room to work in there. 2) you'll save 100+lbs. 3) It'll be a much better job than they did back in 83...

mbam
02-25-2010, 09:07 PM
Jim for what it's worth last winter I replaced the deck panels in the cockpit of my cruiser. They were plywood and rotted out. I went with divinicell (spell?) type foam that we laminated on a big formica table with biax on both sides. You could not get me to use anything that grew in tree form as a core unless there is a good reason like an engine stringer. Unless there is a compression load like tightening a bolt the strength is in the glass anyhow. I go with FastDonzi. It was probably overkill but we used vinylester.

Offshore Ginger
02-25-2010, 09:41 PM
Jim , i thought i would post this for $hit's and giggles http://www.coosacomposites.com/nautical.html :seeya: Jim there is the Blue water and the Nautical series which is more economical as far as price goes .

MOBILEMERCMAN
03-10-2010, 07:28 PM
My Coosa rigid panels get shipped the 17th.
1 sheet 1"and 3/4". 3 sheets 1/2. 153 lbs total.

Offshore Ginger
03-10-2010, 07:58 PM
My Coosa rigid panels get shipped the 17th.
1 sheet 1"and 3/4". 3 sheets 1/2. 153 lbs total. Jim , you sure are going to be saving some weight considering that 3/4 ply weighs an arm and a leg .

MOBILEMERCMAN
04-19-2010, 08:04 PM
Finally got a chance to go back at it.

I did cut and fit the pieces under the v berth. I hope to glass them in tomorrow. Here are the parts cut from the 3/4 inch panel.

Offshore Ginger
04-19-2010, 08:33 PM
Finally got a chance to go back at it.

I did cut and fit the pieces under the v berth. I hope to glass them in tomorrow. Here are the parts cut from the 3/4 inch panel.

60057 Dam Jim , L@@ks like the space shuttle ..............ground control to Major Tom (Jim):rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

MOBILEMERCMAN
04-19-2010, 08:42 PM
The space shuttle has more head room.

Offshore Ginger
04-19-2010, 09:09 PM
The space shuttle has more head room. Jim , you have to remember it was only made to HUMP & BUMP .:bump:

MOBILEMERCMAN
04-20-2010, 09:02 PM
Only the fwd piece is glassed. The remaining piece fit.

Hope to glass them all in tomorrow.

Offshore Ginger
04-20-2010, 09:08 PM
Only the fwd piece is glassed. The remaining piece fit.

Hope to glass them all in tomorrow.Jim , l@@kin good .

phragle
04-20-2010, 11:13 PM
looking sweet Jimbo!

Trim'd Up
04-21-2010, 09:09 AM
Ahhh, the memories. :D Looks good Jim, just glad I'm not doing it again.

MOBILEMERCMAN
04-21-2010, 04:34 PM
Round 1 today. This is no fun doing it alone. I will be glad to get out of this forward section.

Its just about time to prep the next section. I will grind out the marglass that I tabbed it in with and mud in the next center section. I think I will mud in the next cross piece now I have I little more room so I can do the entire block at once.

Griswald
04-21-2010, 04:51 PM
couldn't wait for me, huh? You'll have some left for the weekend, won't you?

MOBILEMERCMAN
04-21-2010, 05:05 PM
If you were helping I wouldn't be wetting out on my lap.

old377guy
04-21-2010, 05:34 PM
If you were helping I wouldn't be wetting out on my lap.

you talking construction or incontinence? ...:sifone:

MOBILEMERCMAN
04-21-2010, 05:46 PM
LOL , wetting the glass.

Since space is so tight I have a piece of cardboard on my lap to wet the glass on before I position it.

Offshore Ginger
04-21-2010, 06:37 PM
couldn't wait for me, huh? You'll have some left for the weekend, won't you? You , need to get there tomorrow and make sure he buys a good set of sheers to cut the Kevlar something that will hold an edge because that is some tuff $hit to cut . Jim , good thing that i own a scissor sharpner because experience tells me thru your pics that you had a really hard time cutting the Kevlar and the reason for so many ruff cuts along the edge . Jim , talking with you over the last few weeks has been some great laughs and get a new pair of shears and something that you are sure will cut Kevlar and before you buy test them out ...............take a piece of Kevlar along before you buy.

Offshore Ginger
04-21-2010, 07:03 PM
LOL , wetting the glass.

Since space is so tight I have a piece of cardboard on my lap to wet the glass on before I position it. Jim remember , about using a box with very low side's maybe 1 to 2 inch's and tapeing off all of the outside edges and inside seams to keep every thing contained instead of a flat piece of cardboard where everything (resin) has a chance to run from to side and slop all over the place when wetting out your fabric inside the boat .

Offshore Ginger
04-21-2010, 08:25 PM
Jim , after looking at your pics of your layup i thought that we talked about using the 6 inch Kevler on on the bottom and the 10 inch on top or did that change down the road ?

MOBILEMERCMAN
04-21-2010, 09:27 PM
The plan was to use the Kevlar on the main stringers and the horizontal to hull side joint. There I will bury it. In the sections under the horizontal I thought I would add a piece where I found stress previously. That was on the next few cross pieces high near the top corners. I added the small pieces of Kevlar there so when they are all in they will match.

Did n't get a chance to get back in tonight. Had to pick up my service truck from the shop which led to a bucket of beers with my buddy Griswald. He is going to help me later. I am going to help him install his engine tomorrow evening. I can only hope to get back to mine Friday afternoon or Saturday.

Art Thanks for your guidance and suggestions. I never thought about a wet out box. Griswald will be wetting for me when I get to the big sections. Thankfully.

MOBILEMERCMAN
04-24-2010, 11:12 PM
I made some more progress today. My friend Griswald stopped by at the perfect time to help.Thanks. Pix in the am when I climb back in for more.

Progress is slow but, I am still making progress..

Griswald
04-25-2010, 08:20 AM
you owe me some back pain relief..........I'll collect in Biloxi

Davidmnc
04-25-2010, 12:21 PM
Pics!

MOBILEMERCMAN
04-25-2010, 12:50 PM
Some on previous pages. I am procrastinating this morning. Talledega is making it hard to get in this morning. Heck its almost noon now..

Get her done JimBob just get in and get her done.

MOBILEMERCMAN
04-25-2010, 02:22 PM
Pics!

Yesterdays work.

I need to work this spot before I do the next block

There isn't much I have not ground.

Offshore Ginger
04-25-2010, 03:58 PM
Jim , slowely but surely your getting her done and how many Fountain owners out there actually have Kevlar im there boat ?:seeya:

MOBILEMERCMAN
04-26-2010, 09:14 PM

60706[/ATTACH

I cut the glass and figured I would show what it looks like dry.

[ATTACH]60707

It was hot today and I couldn't work fast enough. I need to get extra slow hardener. I wish I could of kept up and rolled it out better. It took 1 mix of putty. and 4 mixes of juice totally about a half gallon today. It took me about 75 minutes of hurried work to do this section.

Without this fan this job would be impossible especially in the this heat. It was 85 + today.

Offshore Ginger
04-27-2010, 02:07 PM
Jim , i have started using a different resin that is made for areo space pannels and cheaper then West system because they do not use any advertising for there product and there resin is a high inpact/ room temp/high temp resin that has a far better tensil strength then west system which is 12,500 compaired to west system which is 7.500 and they also make a few different hardners that range from 45/60/165 minutes which is pot life @72 degrees f . Jim i still use Shell resin that Skater uses that has a pot life of 90 minutes which is as thick as West system but........... i am really starting to like the other resin / hardner because of the longer pot life and the way it wets out the fabric . Jim when i get back later this afternoon i will give you a buzz. Artie

jeffswav
04-27-2010, 02:44 PM
Looks good Jim, glad to see other people taking on huge projects. I am close to being done with mine.

MOBILEMERCMAN
04-27-2010, 02:59 PM
Thanks,

Its kickng my butt in the heat. I am actually blowing sweat out of my respirator. Just came in for lunch and a dry shirt. Today I have leveled the tops and have the first of two horizontal pieces fit. I will post pix after the second one is fit.

MOBILEMERCMAN
04-27-2010, 06:32 PM
Finally I feel a little satisfaction. The are fit.

DAREDEVIL
04-27-2010, 07:11 PM
looking good JIMBO, but don't make it to heavy..lol:sifone:

Offshore Ginger
04-27-2010, 08:49 PM
Jim it looks like you are pretty close to being over the hump and l@@king g@@d . Jim , i bet you can almost see those late nites on the bay .

old377guy
04-28-2010, 03:37 PM
that's fantastic to see, Jim. Great job!

MiamiOffshore
04-28-2010, 04:55 PM
This is a very inspiring thread...I may have to do a lot of work on a new project and this definetly inspires....GREAT job!

MOBILEMERCMAN
05-07-2010, 11:48 AM
The heat is making this difficult. I have failed to follow my own rule. Get it done in the off season. I tried but got busy early this season. Sometimes days and a few times weeks have gone by before I had a chance to get back in..

It is now becoming a test of will more than anything.

rchevelle71
05-07-2010, 11:57 AM
The heat is making this difficult. I have failed to follow my own rule. Get it done in the off season. I tried but got busy early this season. Sometimes days and a few times weeks have gone by before I had a chance to get back in..

It is now becoming a test of will more than anything.

I hear ya Jim, I am done with the bilge work(got some sweat drops in the gel, or maybe that was spilled beer:confused:), and gotta build a mold and do deck work this weekend, but that is on sawhorses in the shade:sifone: Get out there when ya can.

MOBILEMERCMAN
05-08-2010, 04:14 PM
There is nothing better to do on a Saturday.. Just get it done Jim.

Next step cut and fit floor pieces. Than 2 main stringers and 4 short bulkhead pieces. Need to drill drain holes too.

Offshore Ginger
05-08-2010, 04:29 PM
Jim , sorry its been so hot there and it looks like your on the downside of the project and might i mention looking good and if i was in your state i would have done the job for yah. Jim , i will give you a call tomorrow:seeya:

MOBILEMERCMAN
05-09-2010, 05:25 PM
Fit the floor and stringers. Progress. Just get her done.

Offshore Ginger
05-09-2010, 05:42 PM
Jim ,how do you like working with the Cossa ?

MOBILEMERCMAN
05-09-2010, 06:05 PM
I like it. It is easy to work with. Rain stopped my early today.

Offshore Ginger
05-09-2010, 06:17 PM
I like it. It is easy to work with. Rain stopped my early today.Jim i apologize for not getting with you today like i stated in a previous post but....... i forgot it was Mothers Day !!:seeya:

MOBILEMERCMAN
05-12-2010, 10:48 PM
Work keeps interfering. I got back in for a couple hours today.. Planning on a few more in the morning.. Just need to get it done.

Davidmnc
05-12-2010, 10:54 PM
Jim. I have an idea that may help you on this project. I may be thinking out of the box, so tell me if my idea won't work. But I think you need to JUST GET IT DONE! :D

MOBILEMERCMAN
05-12-2010, 11:01 PM
I know .. There is always another paying customer with a boat to fix. Next week I go racing. My wifes company party is at a waterpark on the lake June 2.. I might have to stop answering my phone so I can get it done.

The plan is to bring it to the party.. I have new indicator cables to install. New intakes on the way. New carpet that needs to be ordered.....

I feel like a barefoot shoemaker.

Griswald
05-13-2010, 08:09 AM
It will be nice and wet this weekend. Will that screw plans?

MOBILEMERCMAN
05-13-2010, 08:42 AM
I hope not. I am working on it this morning.

Maybe I can bring it to David's.

gcarter
05-13-2010, 01:44 PM
Jim, I only seem to see drains at the bottom of only one bulkhead.....
Am I missing something?
Thanks

MOBILEMERCMAN
05-13-2010, 01:50 PM
They will all have drains.. There were not any from the cabin door forward from the beginning. That contributed to most of the problems it had.

I am prepping for the floor installation today. Drilling a couple holes in the fwd end of the cabin floor will be part of that prep. The drains you saw are tubes that pass under the fuel tanks to the engine compartment.

I am now using extra slow kick. Much easier to work with in the heat.

MOBILEMERCMAN
05-13-2010, 06:18 PM
Here is what I got done today.. tomorrow the floor goes in..

The holes will all get pvc epoxied in. The rear tubes are buried. I decided I would use a die grinder to clear the hole as opposed to trying to work around them.. I have paper towels wedged in them.

jeffswav
05-13-2010, 07:05 PM
Looking good!! Still working on mine also.

Offshore Ginger
05-13-2010, 08:24 PM
Dam , jim i guess i am out of work from Texas to Mich !:willy_nilly::bump::rolleyes:

MOBILEMERCMAN
05-13-2010, 10:35 PM
I want to just GET IT DONE so I can get the cabin interior out of the house, the cockpit parts out of my garage, the glass materials out of my shop, and throw my glass work clothes away.

And most importantly use it.

This was my last ride..12 13 09

I can't wait until the next ride.

The lake level is up 30 some feet from these pix.

rchevelle71
05-14-2010, 08:03 AM
and throw my glass work clothes away.

my wife already did that, and I am not even done:rolleyes:

MOBILEMERCMAN
05-14-2010, 09:29 PM
Final fit floor. Cleared drain tubes.

Rear

Forward

Offshore Ginger
05-14-2010, 10:15 PM
Jim , looking good .

DAREDEVIL
05-14-2010, 11:19 PM
Final fit floor. Cleared drain tubes.

Rear

Forward

Question ..are u gonna put gelcoat down in the lower part,,where the drain tubes are ?? Just because glass is not waterproof ..to keep it from fouling !?
Before u stick the foor back in ??!
:confused:
Just a thought ??

MOBILEMERCMAN
05-15-2010, 02:31 AM
No Scott. No gelcoat. I am using epoxy. I was careful not to grind and expose any glass down the center. On the ends where I ground I will brush on some epoxy. Like in the holes where the raw glass is exposed.

I know that is how Skater does it...

DAREDEVIL
05-15-2010, 08:57 AM
Oh. got ya ..i thoguht its reguar resin you are using...Sorrry !!

MOBILEMERCMAN
05-29-2010, 01:28 PM
Got to love your boat.. Got 3 hours in today..Hot hot.. When I could not see past my safety glasses I had to bail. Got stringers and intermediates fit.. Maybe glass them in the am.. Hell of a way to spend the holiday weekend.. "Just get her done JimBob".

Offshore Ginger
05-29-2010, 02:01 PM
Jim , cant think of any better way to spend the holiday considering we are both doing the same thing .:seeya: Jim l@@ks great and i better get back to work .

afr
05-29-2010, 06:07 PM
Got to love your boat.. Got 3 hours in today..Hot hot.. When I could not see past my safety glasses I had to bail. Got stringers and intermediates fit.. Maybe glass them in the am.. Hell of a way to spend the holiday weekend.. "Just get her done JimBob".

there ya go gota love coosa board if my people could afford it thats all i would use these days
is that the bluewater series
i did a little glass on mine saturday and might work on the outboard electrics monday
or just sit on my duff who knows

looking good bro

DAREDEVIL
05-29-2010, 06:46 PM
there ya go gota love coosa board if my people could afford it thats all i would use these days
is that the bluewater series
i did a little glass on mine saturday and might work on the outboard electrics monday
or just sit on my duff who knows

looking good bro

Sit on your duff ????? come on up and help me ..LOL:eek::sifone:

afr
05-29-2010, 06:47 PM
help you do what :driving: :party:

im forsure thinkin of working on my motor monday new divder plate carb spacer plate new fly wheel stator and electrics
i might even shave the heads

MOBILEMERCMAN
05-29-2010, 07:11 PM
Yes Bluewater series.. It is great to work with.

afr
05-29-2010, 07:24 PM
Yes Bluewater series.. It is great to work with.
the first time i cut that stuff i was itching like a mad dog with fleas
i where a grinding suite now unless i can stay up wind holy crap thats good stuff
the only thing is its got some weight to it compared to some of the other similar brands

Offshore Ginger
05-29-2010, 10:01 PM
the first time i cut that stuff i was itching like a mad dog with fleas
i where a grinding suite now unless i can stay up wind holy crap thats good stuff
the only thing is its got some weight to it compared to some of the other similar brands AFR ole friend i would debate that with you in a heartbeat ..for the pure fact that Jim went with the blue water series which is the best that Coosa makes for structural integrity and lighter then PLY and if he would have went with something lighter such as Nautical or any other product he would not be getting the strength that is needed for is type of application and besides the product that he went with is top notch all the way and will stand the test of time ......forever

afr
05-30-2010, 06:06 AM
arty i never put them to a scale but the coosa is the heaviest of the group and the strongest to i wont despute that it is also the one with the most densitiy to
i just notice it when i grab up a full sheet of 1 1/2 vs the yellow stuff

Offshore Ginger
05-30-2010, 12:38 PM
arty i never put them to a scale but the coosa is the heaviest of the group and the strongest to i wont despute that it is also the one with the most densitiy to
i just notice it when i grab up a full sheet of 1 1/2 vs the yellow stuff Scott , i always try to recomend Coosa bluewater 26 for all of the same reasons you have mentioned for the pure fact it has a very high strength to weight ratio , will never rot ,density of 26 pounds per cubic foot and 30 % lighter then plywood . Scott , its all good and sometimes i have a tendency to always stick with a product that is still light but gives twice the strength . Scott glad to see you on board and Happy Holiday ............Artie:seeya:

MOBILEMERCMAN
05-30-2010, 01:07 PM
Spent a few more hours this morning.. Too hot, dripping sweat like I 've been hosed down.. Got fabric cut for some am wetting.

afr
05-30-2010, 02:08 PM
yes sir arty you know it bro happy holiday back at ya
im firing up the grill later got some pork chops and veggies with cold beer and the 600 on the box

ill ditto that jim its as hot here in fl to

Offshore Ginger
05-30-2010, 03:32 PM
Jim & Scott it is hot here also around 80 plus but with very little dew point which seems very nice great breeze coming of Lake mich and Mac which is a small lake that goes out to the big lake and the bad thing about the Temp right now is are pool is only 62 % and the good thing is...... we dont have the air on today. Jim i will call you tomorrow before the start of the work week and may both of you have a great weekend with GOOD FOOD , BOOZE , & SEX or which ever order they come in because life is to short not to enjoy .:sifone:

HiZ
06-03-2010, 04:31 AM
I want to just GET IT DONE

The lake level is up 30 some feet from these pix.

That's crazyness to me, our lake here max depth is 21 ft avg is 15'

Griswald
08-03-2010, 05:07 PM
:iamwithstupid:

Davidmnc
08-03-2010, 05:10 PM
:iamwithstupid:

Is Pengy standing on the swim platorm making engine noises or does he have his whip out again?

Offshore Ginger
08-03-2010, 05:15 PM
:iamwithstupid: :iamwithstupid::rofl::rofl::rofl:looking good guys and when do you think the job will be done ? :bump:

MOBILEMERCMAN
08-03-2010, 07:42 PM
6 hours today

Been cleaning the teak.. Look at 25 years of dirt.

rchevelle71
08-04-2010, 09:26 AM
6 hours today

Been cleaning the teak.. Look at 25 years of dirt.

Nice Crocs:leaving:

Offshore Ginger
08-04-2010, 01:04 PM
Jim looks like you are making headway or is it safe to say the begining of the end .

MOBILEMERCMAN
08-04-2010, 05:31 PM
The end is in site.. I ground a little this morning.. Cut fabric next. Hope to glass center floor section Friday am.

old377guy
08-04-2010, 09:23 PM
damn! that looks and good and strong as hell!

Bobcat
08-05-2010, 06:12 PM
You should seal Pengy inside for good luck !:)

rchevelle71
08-06-2010, 08:41 AM
You should seal Pengy inside for good luck !:)

And those Crocs:eek:

MOBILEMERCMAN
08-06-2010, 09:06 AM
Getting ready for the last big pour.

How about my new ceramic coated intakes?

MOBILEMERCMAN
08-06-2010, 09:08 AM
I think the white reminds him of home.

MOBILEMERCMAN
08-06-2010, 01:51 PM
Lunchtime..

MOBILEMERCMAN
08-06-2010, 01:54 PM
Thank goodness for the shade tree.

Next task intakes.

Davidmnc
08-06-2010, 02:19 PM
Am I the only one who see's the irony of Pengy working on a beak boat??? LOL

MOBILEMERCMAN
08-16-2010, 10:27 AM
This pix are from Saturday.

Sunday Griswald helped me get the bolster in, fired them off set timing and added fuel.

MOBILEMERCMAN
08-16-2010, 10:29 AM
Lucky gave us a good ride.

Time to clean the garage now.

MOBILEMERCMAN
08-23-2010, 09:53 AM
Stringer complete. Will finish the top pieces once it cools off.

jeffswav
08-27-2010, 09:09 PM
Looking good Jim!!