PDA

View Full Version : NXT water pickup issues

Fossil Fuel
12-14-2009, 09:09 PM
Swampgrass, Kelp....everything swims right to my pickups, then plug the intakes, then the water pressure drops and the alarm starts screaming at me....Merc says there is no problem with the pickups. The sharp corners catch and hold the grass. Im thinking about sharpening the edges to cut the grass?? Then there is always blocking off these and going back to transom mounted tubes.....HELP

BUIZILLA
12-14-2009, 09:24 PM
I saw your boat at the marina this weekend... we had the blue/white Contender at the dock and the X3 Beemer parked next to your boat, we are leaving it in that barn now for a few more months... I actually took some pic's of your boat when you passed us before the bridge and then in the barn before you got there yesterday.... 700's?? AV gas only? NICE ride... I saw you pumping fuel out of the truck when we left yesterday... we picked up a LOT of weed with the twin outboards Saturday as well.... it was irritating at times, Thurs and Fri was MUCH worse my brother said... if I would have overheard you, or Larry, I would have studied your issue much closer, and maybe helped you out... next time I won't be so shy... LOL with the higher tides and winds this month and next it's going to be a battle, so if you can easily switch to transom inlets it would save you MUCHO aggravation...

Fossil Fuel
12-16-2009, 08:55 AM
Not av gas. Just a fuel issue with 91+. Merc said that 90rec probably was not good enough. Its not worth the risk. The only available on the water is gilberts, key largo or sunset in Key west. The fuel tank in the truck was the easiest deal. The gas station is around the corner. I asked Larry just to carry the boat up the street a bit to the station...He thought that probably would not work. Tank gets me 93 for under $3 a gallon.

Fossil Fuel
01-31-2010, 10:02 PM
I sharpened the edges and it helped. The plates already had an sharp edge from the factory so the must know there is a problem. mine had a ding in the corner that caught the grass. No issues now.

Sean H
01-31-2010, 10:07 PM
You can have Merc reflash with the new program for 89 octane for the 700's (all the new ones come 89 rated)

http://www.mercuryracing.com/news/pressreleases/view.php?newsID=65b9eea6e1cc6bb9f0cd2a47751a186f