PDA

View Full Version : Fixing Tab on Bulkhead

TxHawk
12-14-2009, 07:24 PM
I am looking for opinions on this repair. I have a broken tab on the bulkhead behind the rear seat. The bulkhead only ties into the sides about 18-20" worth and to a narrow portion of the deck that runs above. Below it is the fuel tank, so it does not tie into the bottom. It has all the trim pumps mounted on it. This is a small repair for the cost of materials required.

Any recommendations on what to use and specifically what cloth?

This is the only picture I have. Pardon the unfinished rigging. The tab is on the right in the corner around the battery and up.

glassdave
12-15-2009, 09:27 PM
if everything is solid around it just grind off the old tab or whats left of it and use uscomposites.com for their 635 epoxy resin and 3:1 medium hardener, a qt kit should do it ($22) . You should also get a couple yards of 6 or 8" E glass tab tape they also have (1.60/yrd). This is an 8.7oz tape so you will want to use four or five layers minimum. It would be better to use an 1800 (matless) bi ax but it is difficult to find, 1808 bi ax would work fine to but it is tough to get epoxy into the laminate.

TxHawk
12-16-2009, 09:55 AM
Thanks! Everything is solid. I believe this was a previous poor repair.

Offshore Ginger
02-16-2010, 11:16 AM
Looks like your ready for summer .

TxHawk
02-17-2010, 09:21 AM
Looks like your ready for summer .

Almost, have to finish cleaning and drop one engine back in. Still debating on painting the transom with the tabs and transoms on.