PDA

View Full Version : SVL winter get together

TYPHOON
12-12-2009, 11:10 AM
Hello all, Anyone that is interested in SVL or is already racing in SVL or just wants to hang out with SVL people we are putting together a winter retreat to sit in the sun and have a good time. Colby and Tabatha have a connection at a resort in Balice sp which is just south of Cancoon sp. Looking at the 1st or 2nd week in Feb. The resort has townhomes which sleeps 4-6 couples. Does anyone have any interest? I will have Tabatha post the link for the resort. Better pricing with a larger group. You will need a passport.:cheers2:
Randy

SVL66
12-12-2009, 01:23 PM
Belize....Cancun... if you question the spelling, look it up. you BIG dummy :)

ThrottleUp Props
12-12-2009, 07:44 PM
If you all decide you truely want to have a class meeting we in the sunny warm south , we can certainly help with that. Our NEW facility, located in Palm Bay, FL has a beautiful conference room. We are 15 minutes from the beach and an hour to Disney. Daytona is 60 minutes north and Miami is a short drive to the south. If so maybe we could even consider a dial in session as well.....kind of the old days of "Spring Break"!!!

Julie

Sean H
12-12-2009, 08:13 PM
Julie, we will be over at Dougs the week after Christmas, you will have to give us directions.

imco offshore
12-13-2009, 01:10 AM
Belize....Cancun... if you question the spelling, look it up. you BIG dummy :)

ya know i know Tab and Colby and i knew Colbys dad owned a island in Belize.. so i was sitting here trying to figure out where in the hell was billice was????randy you are to funny,,,any way if you all want to do it a little cheeper we could all do it in here florida the 3 week of january at the killos run in sarasota,,,,,southwest has a special ,,like 99 round trip,, i just don,t know how fast we can get a passport?

Steve Miklos
12-13-2009, 09:54 AM
You can a passport in two days with an expedite service about 10-12 without. Taking it out of the country probably will not help attendance.
Steve

TYPHOON
12-13-2009, 12:08 PM
This first came up in KW when some of us were having dinner together and it was sugested that why dont we see if we could all try and get together for a winter vacation where our wifes and familys could all go. A vacation for the family with out our boats. It just so happened that most of the people at dinner were SVL people. Bruce,Brad,Gramaldi,Colby,Natoli and myself. I suggested why not ask everyone if they wanted to go. So here we are. All I am looking to do is see if any one else wants to go on vacation to Colby's fathers resort. No agenda's just a good time with people that have the same hobby.
Thanks for the offer Julie.
Randy

Steve Miklos
12-13-2009, 06:15 PM
It just seems so odd that so many would to KW without their boats.
Steve

Ratickle
12-13-2009, 07:53 PM
I think you should all take your boats to Florida for the Kilo's and have a special class runoff at racing weight.....:)

Sean H
12-13-2009, 08:08 PM
I am guessing if they didn't want to pay KW fees they won't want to pay Kilo fees.

MOBILEMERCMAN
12-13-2009, 08:16 PM
I don't see any good coming from Kilos

Someone shows a big number than others decide there is no use racing them.

Ratickle
12-13-2009, 08:24 PM
I don't see any good coming from Kilos

Someone shows a big number than others decide there is no use racing them.

So the contest would be the biggest sandbagger?????:)

What about a get-together at the Miami show?

TYPHOON
12-13-2009, 08:54 PM
I found it less expensive to go for a week in KW and spectate and also be able to go to Belize for a week with the whole family and have change left over.
Steve you know the reasons,we dont need to rehash it.

Ratickle
12-13-2009, 08:56 PM
I found it less expensive to go for a week in KW and spectate and also be able to go to Belize for a week with the whole family and have change left over.
Steve you know the reasons,we dont need to rehash it.

The cheapest places on the planet to get together for airfare and fun price is either Cancun or Vegas.....

imco offshore
12-13-2009, 10:16 PM
It just seems so odd that so many would to KW without their boats.
Steve

steve it cost 2 grand for a week of debocherizum,,,but to race 8000....giant differance..

XtremeRacing
12-13-2009, 11:23 PM
Its hard for a class to grow if everyone isnt on the same page and want to race the same races and truly do it. Its seems like it happens to all the classes as they grow, and thats the beging of the end.

MOBILEMERCMAN
12-13-2009, 11:35 PM
Don't underestimate SVL.. KW is no measure for the class.

Pete B
12-13-2009, 11:37 PM
what class is growing?? look at the economy.

XtremeRacing
12-13-2009, 11:49 PM
Jim,
Was talking in general not SVL per say...

XtremeRacing
12-13-2009, 11:57 PM
Pete,

I think you will see a few classes making a come back and get back on track this yr. I think you will see more of the SC this yr. I also think you Extreme class in numbers this yr. The SVU class has 5 reg boat in KW and I know 2-3 trying to put something together, just spoke to Rick today about a team he is workign with. The World isnt coming to and end Charlie Brown.

MOBILEMERCMAN
12-14-2009, 12:04 AM
Of all the classes SVU and SVE are the closest to the same thing. More similar than 750 and 850 IMO. SVU could be awesome if they were consolidated.

1waterboy1
12-14-2009, 12:25 AM
Of all the classes SVU and SVE are the closest to the same thing. More similar than 750 and 850 IMO. SVU could be awesome if they were consolidated.

How about this for spec classes:
XTREME CAT...turbines and pistons COMBINED
SUPER CAT....850's/750's COMBINED
CAT...525's

SUPER VEE...850's/750's COMBINED...the 2 extreme boats should power down.
VEE...525's
VEE LIGHT...single 525/single VORTEC

MOBILEMERCMAN
12-14-2009, 12:31 AM
Mark No argument here.

Randy I like the get together idea. Are you thinking a family thing.

TYPHOON
12-14-2009, 09:07 PM
Yes, Kids and wife with no boat.
MD