PDA

View Full Version : Apache Owners Check In!

Pages : [1] 2

Geronimo36
12-11-2009, 10:20 AM
Frank U., NJ, 36' Apache with T-800's.:cheers2:

ChiefApache
12-11-2009, 11:04 AM
Love this thread!!!

Rob & Barb Sample, Fairport Harbor OH

"The Chief", 1989 41' Apache, twin 850SC's.

Magnum Mark
12-11-2009, 11:27 AM
[QUOTE=ChiefApache;388541]Love this thread!!!

PRESANT!!

Geronimo36
12-11-2009, 04:04 PM
TTT...there's more than three on here...... :)

Magnum Mark
12-11-2009, 04:42 PM
ttt...there's more than three on here...... :)

might be the thread on apaches that RUN..........lol..

Geronimo36
12-11-2009, 04:44 PM

That's an instant classic Mark!!!

ApacheRob
12-11-2009, 05:15 PM

Classic :cheers2:

Geronimo36
12-11-2009, 05:50 PM
We've got a reputation to keep! :)

Sacred Ground
12-11-2009, 06:40 PM
"sacred ground"-for sale

Magnum Mark
12-11-2009, 08:36 PM
we've got a reputation to keep! :)

u will need to bring us up to speed on this 1.........m.m..

baywatch
12-12-2009, 12:00 AM
Josh F. 1995 36' 502efi's (slow but it does run 70+ hours per season :driving:)
STL and LOTO, Mo

fund razor
12-12-2009, 08:58 AM

Did you buy your boat back from the chiropractor who seemed to have purchased it over on the Warpath thread a couple of weeks ago?

Or did you already replace it with another Apache?

BRD
12-12-2009, 09:47 AM
[QUOTE=ChiefApache;388541]Love this thread!!!

PRESANT!!

Love your 41 Mark !

BRD
12-12-2009, 09:50 AM
Love this thread!!!

Rob & Barb Sample, Fairport Harbor OH

"The Chief", 1989 41' Apache, twin 850SC's.

Lookin good as always Buddy !!! Love yours too ! Cant wait to go for a ride next summer so I can stand up on the back seat ! :cheers2:

ApacheRob
12-12-2009, 10:08 AM
Lookin good as always Buddy !!! Love yours too ! Cant wait to go for a ride next summer so I can stand up on the back seat ! :cheers2:

HA ME TOO .I could use some help pullin motors out.You in pal?:cheers2::cheers2:

BRD
12-12-2009, 10:16 AM
HA ME TOO .I could use some help pullin motors out.You in pal?:cheers2::cheers2:

Sure !!! When ???

ChiefApache
12-12-2009, 10:40 AM
Sure !!! When ???

Can you work one handed, seeing you'll have beer in the other????? :sifone:

lucy
12-12-2009, 11:14 AM
Did you buy your boat back from the chiropractor who seemed to have purchased it over on the Warpath thread a couple of weeks ago?

Or did you already replace it with another Apache?

no one said he purchased it:) He has being dreaming about it. but it has being cold....,this is his busy time of the year,....and he is going to Vegas......,. I am sure MM will be running and having a blast with it when he comes down to Miami for his Christmas vacation. :driving:

viperfitness1
12-12-2009, 11:19 AM
I'm here! Sup Josh! Are you ready to come down to texoma this year?

baywatch
12-12-2009, 11:51 AM
I'm here! Sup Josh! Are you ready to come down to texoma this year?

Andy, it is on the list of trips we want to take. We need to find a sitter for the kiddo (which can be tough). At the moment I am just trying to make it to x-mas and get my boat garage project finished up. Hopefully, we will for sure see you @ Loto again next season. You should do that Poker run The end of June, it was a blast last year and we usually make it a four day weekend.

Indian Outlaw
12-12-2009, 12:11 PM
Here is mine, 89 41,Gellner 930's 3a's "Indian Outlaw":drool5:

Geronimo36
12-12-2009, 12:49 PM
Great boat Indian Outlaw, great boat! nice mountains as well!

warpath
12-12-2009, 01:15 PM
Yellow warpath!!

warpath
12-12-2009, 01:19 PM
Warpath!!

Indian Outlaw
12-12-2009, 01:53 PM
Great boat Indian Outlaw, great boat! nice mountains as well!

I did not have any pics of the engines on this computer so i put on the other twins instead.:):_boobies:

DrGaryDC
12-12-2009, 04:58 PM
The rumors, the rumors. haha. I will be meeting Mark this week to finish the deal. Im excited

DrGaryDC
12-12-2009, 05:22 PM
Is that the original yellow warpath 41

lowblue320
12-12-2009, 05:26 PM

yes it is, very similar to the one you purchased but I've heard that yours is a little quicker and lighter.

Magnum Mark
12-12-2009, 07:08 PM
warpath!!

check out the white paper on each side of dash! Charts taped to the dash for navigation....real deal offshore racing..............m.m..

Magnum Mark
12-12-2009, 07:10 PM

has a shoter dash then ours..you drive apprx 18" foward..hard to tell..

fund razor
12-12-2009, 07:21 PM
no one said he purchased it:) He has being dreaming about it. but it has being cold....,this is his busy time of the year,....and he is going to Vegas......,. I am sure MM will be running and having a blast with it when he comes down to Miami for his Christmas vacation. :driving:
Wasn't sure what to think. Thanks.

GENERAL LEE
12-12-2009, 07:27 PM
Yellow warpath!!

That's really good looking. :cool:

fund razor
12-12-2009, 07:34 PM
That's really good looking. :cool:

Yes.

Have you ever seen The Chief in person?

cashbrain
12-12-2009, 08:08 PM
The rumors, the rumors. haha. I will be meeting Mark this week to finish the deal. Im excited

Doc...
You are a smart guy..beautiful boat. Mark may not say it now, but, I know he will miss this boat. It is one of a kind and the best example that I have seen.

GENERAL LEE
12-12-2009, 08:47 PM
Yes.

Have you ever seen The Chief in person?

Surprisingly, quite a few times, going back quite a few years. It has somehow always been in a lot of the same places/events I've been, strange. I also knew one of the owners of it through another friend, so I'd see it almost every time I visited Grand Haven. It was stored at "The Wharf" marina.

I remember the first time I saw it, which was on the rack at Fort Apache forever ago. There were a lot of killer boats on those racks, but The Chief still stood out with it's colors.

fund razor
12-13-2009, 08:45 AM
Surprisingly, quite a few times, going back quite a few years. It has somehow always been in a lot of the same places/events I've been, strange. I also knew one of the owners of it through another friend, so I'd see it almost every time I visited Grand Haven. It was stored at "The Wharf" marina.

I remember the first time I saw it, which was on the rack at Fort Apache forever ago. There were a lot of killer boats on those racks, but The Chief still stood out with it's colors.

Not surprised. I thought that you may have seen it.
Something about that boat that just "pops."

baywatch
12-13-2009, 10:03 AM
Yellow warpath!!

Beautiful!!! That is a work of art..

ChiefApache
12-13-2009, 12:16 PM

Lee was the color scheme the same back when you saw it at Fort Apache years ago ?

Geronimo36
12-13-2009, 01:11 PM

Don't let the trolls bother ya!!! ;)

Lookin forward to seeing you guys run next year! :)

Geronimo36
12-13-2009, 01:17 PM
u will need to bring us up to speed on this 1.........m.m..

Blood sweat and tears, blood sweat and tears my friend!!!!!:driving:

Lil pic of this winters project.

Geronimo36
12-13-2009, 01:19 PM
Yellow warpath!!

Warpath!!

Quite a collection you got there!!!!:cheers2:

What do they have for power these days?:driving:

Magnum Mark
12-13-2009, 02:11 PM
Blood sweat and tears, blood sweat and tears my friend!!!!!:driving:

Lil pic of this winters project.

unload/load motor from boat....disassymble motor..reassymble motor....undress motor/redress motor..machine work..alot of work..you make it look easy..mark..

Geronimo36
12-13-2009, 04:36 PM
Thanks for the compliment Mark. :cheers2:

My wife thinks I'm mentally insane...so do my neighbors.. lol:bump:

Magnum Mark
12-13-2009, 05:50 PM
Quite a collection you got there!!!!:cheers2:

What do they have for power these days?:driving:

cio..they are shipplable..do you have this 1 mr c?

baywatch
12-13-2009, 06:17 PM
Thanks for the compliment Mark. :cheers2:

My wife thinks I'm mentally insane...so do my neighbors.. lol:bump:

I don't want to Hijack because this is a great thread, but what is the height of of that lift/contraption you got their frank?

Magnum Mark
12-13-2009, 07:35 PM
i don't want to hijack because this is a great thread, but what is the height of of that lift/contraption you got their frank?

asking a good queston is not hijacking..franks not a talker he's a do-er..real good source of info........m.m..

Geronimo36
12-13-2009, 08:14 PM
I don't want to Hijack because this is a great thread, but what is the height of of that lift/contraption you got their frank?

No problem at all, 12 ft. :driving:

It could use another foot but that's another project I suppose.:willy_nilly:

Geronimo36
12-13-2009, 08:31 PM
Let's get the word out!!! More Apache owners check in!!! :)

Running or not, tell us what ya got! I thought I remember reading Sunkin having a 41' or no?

Magnum Mark
12-14-2009, 12:15 AM

Running or not, tell us what ya got! I thought I remember reading Sunkin having a 41' or no?

question; when i sell my 41 do i have to checkout? or maybe some honarary membership is available?....m.m...

xlr8by
12-14-2009, 01:25 AM
question; when i sell my 41 do i have to checkout? or maybe some honarary membership is available?....m.m...

That Warpath model counts in my book ;)

fund razor
12-14-2009, 07:34 AM

I thought about this. The original idea that I had (Frank liked it and started this) was a thread for owners only. Thought that it would be interesting. It happens all the time with other brands. But right away I could tell that it's impossible. That's the thing about Apache. That's why the interest is always so high, the reputation so legendary. In a way... because everything goes back to Warpath in so many ways... we are all part of the tribe because we are offshore boaters, and the spirit of Apache lives in all of us.

I tried to explain it to somebody when I bought one...why the name was important. Because Apaches don't take the owner's name. They have their own name. It's not "Rob's Apache" it's The Chief. It's not "JC's 41, it's Warpath. The owners may change but the boat identity and reputation carries on.

Somehow... and more than any other brand including Cigarette... Apache is the source, the wellspring, the headwaters. It all goes back to Apache and we all claim it. It's the same reason that non-owners will always read and post along with owners because of the ownership that they feel. The boats are on loan to us, in a way.

We owners are stewards of something larger than ourselves, something greater than the sum of the resin, aluminum and steel. Other offshore boaters will always want to be part of that Apache spirit and we have an obligation to share it.

ApacheRob
12-14-2009, 09:09 AM
I thought about this. The original idea that I had (Frank liked it and started this) was a thread for owners only. Thought that it would be interesting. It happens all the time with other brands. But right away I could tell that it's impossible. That's the thing about Apache. That's why the interest is always so high, the reputation so legendary. In a way... because everything goes back to Warpath in so many ways... we are all part of the tribe because we are offshore boaters, and the spirit of Apache lives in all of us.

I tried to explain it to somebody when I bought one...why the name was important. Because Apaches don't take the owner's name. They have their own name. It's not "Rob's Apache" it's The Chief. It's not "JC's 41, it's Warpath. The owners may change but the boat identity and reputation carries on.

Somehow... and more than any other brand including Cigarette... Apache is the source, the wellspring, the headwaters. It all goes back to Apache and we all claim it. It's the same reason that non-owners will always read and post along with owners because of the ownership that they feel. The boats are on loan to us, in a way.

We owners are stewards of something larger than ourselves, something greater than the sum of the resin, aluminum and steel. Other offshore boaters will always want to be part of that Apache spirit and we have an obligation to share it.

Man I almost shed a tear readin this :boxing_smiley: But I do get what your saying.

ChiefApache
12-14-2009, 09:28 AM
Go ahead Fund, tell him what a smarty pants he is. :sifone:

Geronimo36
12-14-2009, 09:47 AM

I don't see why not, besides you own it today! I think most of us know the previous owners of our Apache's anyway.

When I bought my boat I found out the names of 3 previous owners.... The original owner from Texas, a buyer who flipped it and the owner before me.:kiss:

To me this is what makes history!!:cheers2:

Geronimo36
12-14-2009, 09:53 AM
If you're a previous owner, tell us what you have!!

Let's pretend a buyer is looking for the boat you once owned and wants to pay the current owner top-dollar for it and you happen to know the current owner.... As the current owner I'd be really happy that you hooked me up and I'd probably offer to pay you some kind of referral fee!! I work in sales so I think networking is a wonderful thing! :)

fund razor
12-14-2009, 10:40 AM
Go ahead Fund, tell him what a smarty pants he is. :sifone:

I just assumed that he is sensitive. :o

Geronimo36
12-14-2009, 10:43 AM
Fund, how's your project going, any updates?

cashbrain
12-14-2009, 10:46 AM
[QUOTE=fund razor;390397

Somehow... and more than any other brand including Cigarette... Apache is the source, the wellspring, the headwaters. It all goes back to Apache and we all claim it.
QUOTE]

It actually started with Cigarette. The 41 Apache mold was originally a Cigarette,which, was originally a Magnum. Not trying to stir the pot...just clarification.

Geronimo36
12-14-2009, 10:54 AM
TTT, Happy Monday, Apache owners check in!

fund razor
12-14-2009, 11:01 AM
[QUOTE=fund razor;390397

Somehow... and more than any other brand including Cigarette... Apache is the source, the wellspring, the headwaters. It all goes back to Apache and we all claim it.
QUOTE]

It actually started with Cigarette. The 41 Apache mold was originally a Cigarette,which, was originally a Magnum. Not trying to stir the pot...just clarification.

No chit Jack. I meant that the warpath boat took it to another level. For many of us, that video of Bobby on the throttles and the warpath boat kicking azz was a major impression. But I can understand how you could completely miss my point and get all hung up on a chance to set history straight.

Magnum Mark
12-14-2009, 11:38 AM
that warpath model counts in my book ;)

thanks....thats the one that i will keep forever....a gift from a real good longtime pal........m.m....

Magnum Mark
12-14-2009, 11:42 AM
thanks....thats the one that i will keep forever....a gift from a real good longtime pal........m.m....

here ya go!!!!!!!!

LEOPAJM
12-14-2009, 12:01 PM
can you work one handed, seeing you'll have beer in the other????? :sifone:

ha ! ! !

fund razor
12-14-2009, 01:10 PM
Fund, how's your project going, any updates? My garage looks like yours does right about now. :D
I stopped the project when my mom was passing away in October but I am getting ready to take all the parts to the builder this week. The tank got done before winter but I still have to drop the cockpit interior back in when spring comes.

Geronimo36
12-14-2009, 01:38 PM
sounds like you're close!!! Get er done!!! :)

GENERAL LEE
12-14-2009, 02:49 PM
Lee was the color scheme the same back when you saw it at Fort Apache years ago ?

Yes, that's how I remember it. I don't remember the year, but it was sometime in the mid 90's. A friend of mine was building a 36 Warrior at the time, and since I was down there much more often than him, I would run by & look at his boat from time to time. His boat was a 97, and took over a year to complete, so it was sometime between late 95 through early 98.

ApacheRob
12-14-2009, 04:10 PM
Yes, that's how I remember it. I don't remember the year, but it was sometime in the mid 90's. A friend of mine was building a 36 Warrior at the time, and since I was down there much more often than him, I would run by & look at his boat from time to time. His boat was a 97, and took over a year to complete, so it was sometime between late 95 through early 98.

Thanks for the info Lee.Ive been trying to find this out for a while.Within the next couple of seasons we are going to restore the scheme back to what it was when bought it couple years ago.I had to strip the upper deck to make proper repairs and we lost the murals then.
The strang thing about this boat is how many people come up to look at it .Its a scheme that is as dated as you could get however people look at it in jaw dropping awe.

ApacheRob
12-14-2009, 04:12 PM
If anyone has any info or early pics of it they would be greatly appreciated.

ApacheRob
12-14-2009, 04:30 PM

Yes Frank Sunkin has a side by side pleasure 41.I believe its all tore apart sittin in his shop.

ChiefApache
12-14-2009, 04:39 PM
Yes Frank Sunkin has a side by side pleasure 41.I believe its all tore apart sittin in his shop.

This almost reads as yes, Frank Sunkin does have a 41......but I know that isn't what he means. :kiss: Love you baby!:kiss::kiss:

Geronimo36
12-14-2009, 04:43 PM

This almost reads as yes, Frank Sunkin does have a 41......but I know that isn't what he means. :kiss: Love you baby!:kiss::kiss:

Cool. Which one is it? Anyone got any pics?

Also, where's Papache?

Magnum Mark
12-14-2009, 06:50 PM
Cool. Which one is it? Anyone got any pics?

Also, where's Papache?

HEY FRANK IF YOU HEARD IT ON ONE THESE WEBSITES ITS "ONLY RUMORS":bump:.....BELIEVE NOTHING YOU HEAR AND 1/2 YOU SEE!!!!!!!..M.M....

Spicy
12-14-2009, 07:13 PM
Sunkin, post some pixs of your 41....

Sean Stinson
12-15-2009, 09:31 AM
Can't you guys ever play nice.......WTF

Sean Stinson
12-15-2009, 09:33 AM
Whats wrong with me posting your picture? Why the nasty p.m.? Is that a members only jacket?

Why do you insist on poking Jack all the time?????

Sean Stinson
12-15-2009, 09:33 AM
Where's your boat ,moron?

And you.....you know better!!!!!

Geronimo36
12-15-2009, 09:56 AM
Apache owners check in!

Magnum Mark
12-15-2009, 10:02 AM
why do you insist on poking jack all the time?????

this is the place where you dont need a boat.........just a keyboard and a good imagination.....remember: No cash no splash!!!!!!!!!!!!!!cya.........

Geronimo36
12-15-2009, 10:07 AM
Hi Frank whats up?????

Not much... just trying to get a thread goin for current Apache owners (past is ok too).......

Name of boat, power and pictures....:driving:

cashbrain
12-15-2009, 10:13 AM
Anyone know where WAR PARTY is? and condition?

Geronimo36
12-15-2009, 10:17 AM
just a keyboard and a good imagination.....

Can always sit in the tub and make vroom vroom noises while splashing the wa wa!:driving: My daughter loves it!:cheers2:
ju72WMUjphg

Geronimo36
12-15-2009, 10:18 AM
Anyone know where WAR PARTY is? and condition?

at Bobby's shop, check sunbathing thread...

Magnum Mark
12-15-2009, 10:43 AM
can always sit in the tub and make vroom vroom noises while splashing the wa wa!:driving: My daughter loves it!:cheers2:
ju72wmujphg

the only differance is here there is a larger audiance........vroom! Vroom!

OldSchool
12-15-2009, 11:03 AM
Not much... just trying to get a thread goin for current Apache owners (past is ok too).......

Name of boat, power and pictures....:driving:

Thank you very much Frank for doing this. It's a great idea and will be a good thread.

I'm going to go back and clean out the irrevellant posts..and ask nicely for people to quit screwing around. It's not gonna be tolerated.

fund razor
12-15-2009, 11:06 AM
It's a great idea and will be a good thread.

It's a genius idea. :)

WMF
12-15-2009, 11:24 AM
this is the place where you dont need a boat.........just a keyboard and a good imagination.....remember: No cash no splash!!!!!!!!!!!!!!cya.........

:willy_nilly::willy_nilly::willy_nilly:

MikeyFIN
12-15-2009, 11:26 AM
check out the white paper on each side of dash! Charts taped to the dash for navigation....real deal offshore racing..............m.m..

offtopic.
Thatīs how we still do it overhere... as our courses are still the real deals.

GENERAL LEE
12-15-2009, 11:43 AM
offtopic.
Thatīs how we still do it overhere... as our courses are still the real deals.

I always thought it was funny to see the race course actually DRAWN out with permanent marker, on the dash of some older race boats I've seen. It still cracks me up to see the taped "lap stickies" on the dash of the newer ones, especially with all the technology out there now.

Some old tricks will always work the best I guess! :cheers2:

DrGaryDC
12-15-2009, 11:48 AM
There is still nothing cooler than the old school racing of the 80's. True warriors at sea!!!

baywatch
12-15-2009, 11:50 AM
Thank you very much Frank for doing this. It's a great idea and will be a good thread.

I'm going to go back and clean out the irrevellant posts..and ask nicely for people to quit screwing around. It's not gonna be tolerated.

Good call on cleaning up. I am guilty as anyone about getting off topic but this will be an awesome thread with it cut and dry posts of the owner and the boat.

Geronimo36
12-15-2009, 12:01 PM
Thanks Oldschool!

As far as off-topic posts...I have a tendency to do it myself...no harm no foul... :)

TTT, Apache owners check in!:driving:

fund razor
12-15-2009, 12:02 PM
Good call on cleaning up. I am guilty as anyone about getting off topic but this will be an awesome thread with it cut and dry posts of the owner and the boat.

It doesn't look like a thread exclusively for owners is possible.

Geronimo36
12-15-2009, 12:11 PM
There is still nothing cooler than the old school racing of the 80's. True warriors at sea!!!

Any idea where Leathal Weapon is today?

xlr8by
12-15-2009, 12:14 PM

I saw it at Kurt's marine in brick NJ a few years back...

OldSchool
12-15-2009, 12:32 PM
Thanks Oldschool!

As far as off-topic posts...I have a tendency to do it myself...no harm no foul... :)

TTT, Apache owners check in!:driving:

No problem Frank. The goal of this website from the beginning has been to treat it like ones house, garage or bar. In the beginning, we only invited people who we would invite over for a beer to our place. As the site grows, the need for a bouncer at the bar has come about. :sifone: I'm asking people to act like you would if you were hanging out in person. Don't say anything from behind the keyboard that you wouldn't say in person in these threads.

That having been said, it is winter and this is the apache section:eek::D. Maybe we can have just one thread where there are no rules???:willy_nilly::sifone:

It doesn't look like a thread exclusively for owners is possible.

Probably not.....but it doesn't mean that we can't try. ;)

xlr8by
12-15-2009, 02:40 PM

Frank if you look at the photo you posted of Leathal Weapon and then look at the photo I posted in the 41' race boat registry page you will see that the exhaust was moved from above the transom to thru the transom. This is where the exhaust is today, just something I noticed looking at the pictures.

Geronimo36
12-15-2009, 02:59 PM
Frank if you look at the photo you posted of Leathal Weapon and then look at the photo I posted in the 41' race boat registry page you will see that the exhaust was moved from above the transom to thru the transom. This is where the exhaust is today, just something I noticed looking at the pictures.

Pretty cool!! That pic was an old one I lifted from somewhere else.

The reason I asked Dr Gary is because his father used to build engines for the boat and if I'm not mistaken was also one of the crew! His dad also build many engines over the years for Bounty Hunter. :driving:

DrGaryDC
12-15-2009, 03:12 PM
That is correct. They did try a different exhaust system at the time which is why is was relocated. I remember looking at Lethal Weapon in the wet pits and just admired it. Beautiful boat. I was also about 12 years old at the time

MikeyFIN
12-15-2009, 03:34 PM
I always thought it was funny to see the race course actually DRAWN out with permanent marker, on the dash of some older race boats I've seen. It still cracks me up to see the taped "lap stickies" on the dash of the newer ones, especially with all the technology out there now.

Some old tricks will always work the best I guess! :cheers2:

offtopic answered here :

http://www.seriousoffshore.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10074&highlight=True+Offshore&page=3

JnT
12-15-2009, 04:34 PM
Jim and Tammy
Lake Allatoona,GA
1987 Apache Scout 21
2001 Yamaha 250 fish boat motor
We have probably the smallest and slowest Apache on here!
She sure is a fun boat though. Lots of questions and compliments around the docks.

Geronimo36
12-15-2009, 04:45 PM
Active members list so far!

1. Geronimo36: Frank U., 1995 - 36', 800's, NJ
2. ChiefApache: Rob & Barb Sample, Fairport Harbor OH, "The Chief", 1989 41' Apache, twin 850SC's.
3. Magnum Mark: 41', 800sc's, "soon to be DrGary's"
4. Sacred Ground: 41', power?
5. Baywatch: Josh F, 1995 - 36', 502efi's, STL and LOTO, Mo
6. Indian Outlaw (Ike):1989 41',Gellner 930's 3a's "Indian Outlaw"
7. Warpath; #1 Warpath and Yellow Warpath, power?
8. JnT: Jim and Tammy, Lake Allatoona, GA, 1987 Apache Scout 21
2001 Yamaha 250

DrGaryDC
12-15-2009, 04:51 PM
Just heard today, its back at Kurts Marine in Brick, NJ

ChiefApache
12-15-2009, 05:02 PM
Jim and Tammy
Lake Allatoona,GA
1987 Apache Scout 21
2001 Yamaha 250 fish boat motor
We have probably the smallest and slowest Apache on here!
She sure is a fun boat though. Lots of questions and compliments around the docks.

We know two people who own 21 Scouts! They rock. If we could lay our hands on one (for a decent price so there's an oxymoron), we'd own a 21 also.

Geronimo36
12-15-2009, 05:56 PM
I want a Scout too!!!!!! :) I think my daughter would love going for rides on it when Mommy is too busy to go on the boat! matter of fact, I bet I would put more hours on the Scout than the Warrior!

There is one at the marina with an Alpha SS, small block and race hatch... It would be an awesome project boat but I can't juggle my 36', a 2 yr old, another kid on the way, wife, house, possible relocation, BRAC etc. right now...:willy_nilly::willy_nilly:

xlr8by
12-15-2009, 06:02 PM
Just heard today, its back at Kurts Marine in Brick, NJ

Did it leave Kurts? Two years ago I saw the boat up there, was it run recently? I would love to see this boat tearing up the rough stuff! Let me know when/if you run your boat down to AC I would love to see it!

Magnum Mark
12-15-2009, 07:08 PM
we know two people who own 21 scouts! They rock. If we could lay our hands on one (for a decent price so there's an oxymoron), we'd own a 21 also.

dont forget "scout" was tonto's horse....tonto played by jay silverheals...a real native american.....m.m..

cashbrain
12-15-2009, 07:10 PM
Long time since I've seen that...

Lee
12-15-2009, 08:03 PM
dont forget "scout" was tonto's horse....tonto played by jay silverheals...a real native american.....m.m..

Diamonds are forever.:)

Lee
12-15-2009, 08:10 PM
:)

cashbrain
12-15-2009, 08:44 PM
Are you in Alaska? :driving:

baywatch
12-15-2009, 08:54 PM
I want a Scout too!!!!!! :) I think my daughter would love going for rides on it when Mommy is too busy to go on the boat! matter of fact, I bet I would put more hours on the Scout than the Warrior!

There is one at the marina with an Alpha SS, small block and race hatch... It would be an awesome project boat but I can't juggle my 36', a 2 yr old, another kid on the way, wife, house, possible relocation, BRAC etc. right now...:willy_nilly::willy_nilly:

I am with you guys on finding a scout. I have an additional 20' slip at the lake and I would like to put a scout or a center console with an outboard in their so I have a boat to use year round. Plus, my kid will be four this March and he is going to want something to ski and tube behind before long.

Nykamp
12-16-2009, 05:26 AM
1989 41 full stagger and full race setup ALLEZ VITE, now a 6 pack. 975HP Gellners with wet 6's. Before that I has 2 36's a 1992 and a 1994 both big NA motors and speedmaster 3's and the 1994 had 3A's.

warpath
12-16-2009, 07:46 AM

2. ChiefApache: Rob & Barb Sample, Fairport Harbor OH, "The Chief", 1989 41' Apache, twin 850SC's.
2001 Yamaha 250

Warpath#1 950HP KE Warpath #2 850HP

tonyto
12-16-2009, 07:46 AM

2001 Yamaha 250

Here is mine in the UK, originally J H Electric
Two N/A 700's

Tony T

Geronimo36
12-16-2009, 09:54 AM
Updated active members list!

1. Geronimo36: Frank U., 1995 - 36', T-800's, NJ
3. Magnum Mark: 41', T-800sc's, "soon to be DrGary's"
5. Baywatch: Josh F, 1995 - 36', T-502efi's, STL and LOTO, Mo
7. Warpath; #1 Warpath - T-950HP KE, Yellow Warpath, T-850's
2001 Yamaha 250
9. Nykamp: Steve N., 1989 41' ALLEZ VITE T-975HP Gellners with wet 6's. Before that 2 36's a 1992 and a 1994 both big NA motors and speedmaster 3's and the 1994 had 3A's.
10. tonyto: Tony T., UK, 41' J H Electric, T-700 NA's

:cheers2:

ChiefApache
12-16-2009, 09:56 AM
Here is mine in the UK, originally J H Electric
Two N/A 700's

Tony T

Beautiful looking boat!

Geronimo36
12-16-2009, 10:02 AM
We gotta get J-Bonz and Starchaser Eric to chime in!!

ChiefApache
12-16-2009, 10:06 AM
We gotta get J-Bonz and Starchaser Eric to chime in!!

Yep! Plus ItsPeanut who also owns a 21 Scout. I'm sure once Jr checks in and reads this thread he'll get it taken care of.

tonyto
12-16-2009, 10:33 AM
Beautiful looking boat!
She is a great boat, we have completely rebuilt her but now I can feel a re paint coming on.

ChiefApache
12-16-2009, 10:35 AM
She is a great boat, we have completely rebuilt her but now I can feel a re paint coming on.

Really? I love the paint on it. Very colorful and bright. Any ideas on what you want to do?

tonyto
12-16-2009, 10:55 AM
Really? I love the paint on it. Very colorful and bright. Any ideas on what you want to do?

Still kicking around some ideas, just thought she could do with an update. Do you think she should stay original?

xlr8by
12-16-2009, 10:57 AM
Still kicking around some ideas, just thought she could do with an update. Do you think she should stay original?

Yes, I have always liked that paint job :), but that is only my opinion.

xlr8by
12-16-2009, 10:58 AM

2001 Yamaha 250
9. Nykamp: Steve N., 1989 41' ALLEZ VITE T-975HP Gellners with wet 6's. Before that 2 36's a 1992 and a 1994 both big NA motors and speedmaster 3's and the 1994 had 3A's.

:cheers2:

My list is better than yours!! J/k great job and this was a perfect idea :)

Geronimo36
12-16-2009, 11:13 AM
My list is better than yours!! J/k great job and this was a perfect idea :)

Would be cool to combine both lists adding owners names to yours!:cheers2:

fund razor
12-16-2009, 11:21 AM
this was a perfect idea :)
It was a genius idea. :)

Geronimo36
12-16-2009, 11:42 AM
It was a genius idea. :)

Fundy, you da man!:driving:

Can you give us some info on your boat?:driving:

ChiefApache
12-16-2009, 11:44 AM

Yes, keep the original!

Here's why I say that.

My husband, who was a painter for 15 years, was adament about changing our paint scheme. I on the other hand, wanted to keep the original scheme because it was part of the boats history.

After we towed the boat to Cambridge this past summer, that was the deciding factor for Rob to keep the scheme vs painting it because so many people knew the boat by the scheme alone. And knew it's name!

Yes, it's pink and blue. Yes, the buffalo are a bit too much. But, it's part of history. And isn't that what the Apache name is all about? (amongst other things :sifone:).

xlr8by
12-16-2009, 11:50 AM
Would be cool to combine both lists adding owners names to yours!:cheers2:

Updated list complete with owners and motor and drive information if available. Now we are getting somewhere guys! Good work Frank! http://www.seriousoffshore.com/forums/showpost.php?p=391408&postcount=1

fund razor
12-16-2009, 11:59 AM
Fundy, you da man!:driving:
I was just pulling your chain. :sifone:

Can you give us some info on your boat?:driving:

It is a 1988 Brave. Not built by Jack. While I don't know who built it, I know who rebuilt it. ;)
Complete restoration from 2008 through 2010. New stuff includes paint and glass repairs, bulkhead replacement, new glassed tank cell, guages, rigging, control cables, fuel tank, 12v wiring, and two completely new engines. Power is custom and of undisclosed cubes using Madara cams, AFR heads, roller lifters, SRP pistons and built to specs which would handle blowers but will be using NA and pump gas to keep HP down to where the Bravo Ones won't explode. Name: Spirit Warrior.

fund razor
12-16-2009, 12:01 PM
Yes, keep the original!

Here's why I say that.

My husband, who was a painter for 15 years, was adament about changing our paint scheme. I on the other hand, wanted to keep the original scheme because it was part of the boats history.

After we towed the boat to Cambridge this past summer, that was the deciding factor for Rob to keep the scheme vs painting it because so many people knew the boat by the scheme alone. And knew it's name!

Yes, it's pink and blue. Yes, the buffalo are a bit too much. But, it's part of history. And isn't that what the Apache name is all about? (amongst other things :sifone:).
When I saw my future boat on line, I wanted to paint it all white. When I saw it in person, I knew I needed to leave the paint alone. "Pink" and all.

WMF
12-16-2009, 12:05 PM
When I saw my future boat on line, I wanted to paint it all white. When I saw it in person, I knew I needed to leave the paint alone. "Pink" and all.

Boat still looks great John, cant wait to see pics of it on the water this year!! When I purchased it I was going to have it painted all white, but when you see it in person the paint fits the boat, kinda timeless!!! and very Apache!! I have a video that i just found of the boat running in the water, send me your address and I will send it to you.

fund razor
12-16-2009, 12:08 PM
Boat still looks great John, cant wait to see pics of it on the water this year!! When I purchased it I was going to have it painted all white, but when you see it in person the paint fits the boat, kinda timeless!!! and very Apache!!
Thanks. I can't wait either. It's been a long road, but will be worth it.

In person it is a freaking awesome paint scheme. Of course, you know this. :D

ChiefApache
12-16-2009, 12:13 PM

Totally agree! The paint in person is unbelieveable!

tonyto
12-16-2009, 12:25 PM
Yes, keep the original!

Here's why I say that.

Thanks for your input, perhaps an 80's boat should keep an 80's paint scheme,
I will keep thinking about it. I like the scheme on yours, I am sure on mine, where is now blue was once pink too.

ChiefApache
12-16-2009, 12:27 PM
Thanks for your input, perhaps an 80's boat should keep an 80's paint scheme,
I will keep thinking about it. I like the scheme on yours, I am sure on mine, where is now blue was once pink too.

You're welcome and thank you!

I'd like to see more pics of yours if you have anymore to post.

Geronimo36
12-16-2009, 12:30 PM
I was just pulling your chain. :sifone:

Credit where credit is due, it's all good.:driving:

Besides, most of this came about from the Apache registry website idea that jacko suggested....so I just got the ball rolling! :)

Geronimo36
12-16-2009, 12:33 PM

2001 Yamaha 250
11. fund razor: 1988 28' Brave - Spirit Warrior, Great Lakes

GENERAL LEE
12-16-2009, 12:50 PM

The only thing I would say your boat could use, that would really update the look, would be to either eliminate the bow rail, or install a more low profile one. Maybe update the bolsters, so that they don't stick up "quite" so far? I only say this, because they tend to break up the smooth lines coming from the faring & deck, since they are SO high! With your boat having the full cabin, and the nose not riding quite as high as the raceboats, less could be better up there.

I think the 41 Apache is the best looking Vee of all time, so the more streamline, or "sleek" they can look, the more it shows off the profile of the boat. No scoops, no rails or raised hatches, and a slightly lower but bolster back, sweeeet. :cheers2:

ChiefApache
12-16-2009, 12:51 PM

2001 Yamaha 250
11. fund razor: 1988 28' Brave - Spirit Warrior, Great Lakes

Think we should include drive info? We have 3A's.

Geronimo36
12-16-2009, 12:57 PM
Sure, why not;

1. Geronimo36: Frank U., 1995 - 36', T-800's, BMax, NJ
2. ChiefApache: Rob & Barb Sample, Fairport Harbor OH, "The Chief", 1989 41' Apache, twin 850SC's, SSM 3A's.
3. Magnum Mark: 41', T-800sc's, SSM 3A's, "soon to be DrGary's"
4. Sacred Ground: 41', #6's power?
5. Baywatch: Josh F, 1995 - 36', T-502efi's, Bravo's, STL and LOTO, Mo
2001 Yamaha 250
11. fund razor: 1988 28' Brave - Spirit Warrior, bravo's, power tbd, Great Lakes

ChiefApache
12-16-2009, 01:21 PM
The only thing I would say your boat could use, that would really update the look, would be to either eliminate the bow rail, or install a more low profile one. Maybe update the bolsters, so that they don't stick up "quite" so far? I only say this, because they tend to break up the smooth lines coming from the faring & deck, since they are SO high! With your boat having the full cabin, and the nose not riding quite as high as the raceboats, less could be better up there.

I think the 41 Apache is the best looking Vee of all time, so the more streamline, or "sleek" they can look, the more it shows off the profile of the boat. No scoops, no rails or raised hatches, and a slightly lower but bolster back, sweeeet. :cheers2:

OMG you talked to Rob didn't you LOLOL? He wants to get rid of the bow rail. I said no way. I like the rail and I'm the one who is always on the bow. He had no rail on the Stinger when we redid that and he's banned from ever leaving me free hangin on the bow again. :willy_nilly: Lower profile? Hmmmm, possibly. I like the bow rail. He doesn't. I can compromise...eventually. :sifone:

We are going to decrease the height of the bolsters. We like the bolsters, especially in rough water. Rob wants to cut the bolsters down near the bottom and drop them down into the boat. They will not stick out and it will open up the cockpit a little more too.

ApacheRob
12-16-2009, 02:07 PM

Dude get out of my head.I barely have enough room for me.:iagree:

fund razor
12-16-2009, 02:15 PM
Seems about normal size. Smaller than Stecz, anyway.

ApacheRob
12-16-2009, 02:19 PM
Thanks pal in needed that.Might I ad your head is normal size too.

fund razor
12-16-2009, 02:29 PM
Thanks pal in needed that.Might I ad your head is normal size too.

LOL. Why thank you. :cheers2:

tonyto
12-16-2009, 02:30 PM
You're welcome and thank you!

I'd like to see more pics of yours if you have anymore to post.

I will post some more soon.
For the record we are running #6's

ChiefApache
12-16-2009, 02:39 PM
I will post some more soon.
For the record we are running #6's

Thanks!!!

I'm sure Frank will update what drives you are running. Thanks for the info.

Geronimo36
12-16-2009, 03:59 PM
No problemo!

1. Geronimo36: Frank U., Geronimo, 1995 - 36', T-800's, BMax, NJ
2. ChiefApache: Rob & Barb Sample, Fairport Harbor OH, "The Chief", 1989 41' Apache, twin 850SC's, SSM 3A's.
2001 Yamaha 250
10. tonyto: Tony T., UK, 41' J H Electric, T-700 NA's, #6's
11. fund razor: 1988 28' Brave - Spirit Warrior, bravo's, power tbd, Great Lakes

MikeyFIN
12-16-2009, 04:16 PM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!
or If you do keep it the same!

LEOPAJM
12-16-2009, 05:55 PM
she is a great boat, we have completely rebuilt her but now i can feel a re paint coming on.

don't do it man !!!!!:(

Geronimo36
12-16-2009, 09:30 PM
Any other members???

I know Eric has Starchaser, NA's w/ #6's....100+ mph..

14 apache
12-16-2009, 11:07 PM
This 41 runs 105+ with NA engines.

cashbrain
12-16-2009, 11:12 PM
Didn't Cimino have that boat? Last time I saw that boat it was not rigged..very nice !!

Hannibal41
12-16-2009, 11:31 PM
cimino didnt own it, he was supposed to rig it with "HAWK" power. he then cut the exhaust with a saw zaw, really messed it up. still looking for him...byrd owned the boat and byrds friend brokered it. i looked at it hard after they corrected much of the Cimino F ups after my 1st 41 i always wanted another, should have never sold mine. was going to get big inch zul power i was told, but looks like 14 did a great job!

Sean Stinson
12-16-2009, 11:53 PM
[QUOTE=Hannibal41;393089] still looking for him...QUOTE]

I am sure he has contact info somewhere start with his new book

Sean Stinson
12-16-2009, 11:55 PM
Well I know a little bit about a few Apaches here and there!!!! So does that qualify me even though I dont have one at present!!!!

cashbrain
12-16-2009, 11:57 PM
Well I know a little bit about a few Apaches here and there!!!! So does that qualify me even though I dont have one at present!!!!

C'mon Stinson...you just know how to put a Lime Green interior in an APACHE :kiss:

Magnum Mark
12-16-2009, 11:59 PM
Didn't Cimino have that boat? Last time I saw that boat it was not rigged..very nice !!

tommy and gail had it at t and g for awhile..starboard fillers over the foam on rear tanks..10 yrs back..

GENERAL LEE
12-17-2009, 01:07 AM
Dude get out of my head.I barely have enough room for me.:iagree:

Haha, let me just kick a few more things over.....:bump:http://smiliesftw.com/x/dogkeke.gif (http://smiliesftw.com)

http://smiliesftw.com/x/xmaskekegay.gif (http://smiliesftw.com)

Geronimo36
12-17-2009, 10:20 AM

Tuffo also?? maybe....... Well at least that's where my engines came from...

Eric?

Geronimo36
12-17-2009, 10:21 AM

Nope, doesn't have to be present, just the ones you've owned and if you know the current owners name it's helpful!

Geronimo36
12-17-2009, 10:23 AM

1. Geronimo36: Frank U., Geronimo, 1995 - 36', T-800's, BMax, NJ
2001 Yamaha 250
10. tonyto: Tony T., UK, 41' J H Electric, T-700 NA's, #6's
12. 14 apache: Eric, NY, 41' Starchaser, NA engines, #6, 105mph

Geronimo36
12-17-2009, 10:25 AM
after my 1st 41 i always wanted another, should have never sold mine.

Which one did you own? I can add the info... Also, if you know who has it now.:driving:

MikeyFIN
12-17-2009, 05:25 PM
cimino didnt own it, he was supposed to rig it with "HAWK" power. he then cut the exhaust with a saw zaw, really messed it up. still looking for him...byrd owned the boat and byrds friend brokered it. i looked at it hard after they corrected much of the Cimino F ups after my 1st 41 i always wanted another, should have never sold mine. was going to get big inch zul power i was told, but looks like 14 did a great job!

He has that boat pictured in Facebook stating HIS APACHE....

Do you need his contacts ?
I think I got them he resides in Tallahassee nowadays.

Geronimo36
12-17-2009, 05:36 PM
his screen name is midocean

fund razor
12-17-2009, 07:20 PM
Wasn't he "hawking" his book on the dock yesterday?

Geronimo36
12-18-2009, 10:09 AM
Wasn't he "hawking" his book on the dock yesterday?

Yeah, saw that, he an advertiser?

TTT, any other owners checking in?:driving:

Magnum Mark
12-18-2009, 10:24 AM
Yeah, saw that, he an advertiser?

TTT, any other owners checking in?:driving:

do you know big gary? i do! wrote a little song about him....wanna hear it? go like this......."every morning at the dock you can see him arrive..he stands 6'8" weighs 235 kinda wide at shoulders and narrow at the hip and everybody knows you dont give no lip to big gary..big gary, big bad gary"..good day.....m.m.....ps..i feel good today..

ChiefApache
12-18-2009, 11:06 AM
ps..i feel good today..

One word...........

Peyote. :sifone::sifone:

Geronimo36
12-18-2009, 12:01 PM
ps..i feel good today..

Congrats Mark, sounds good!!!:USA:

Bitter sweet, I suppose... :(

TONTO
12-20-2009, 01:40 PM
Hello

ApacheRob
12-20-2009, 01:41 PM
Hello

Hey Robert how are you?

Geronimo36
12-20-2009, 01:42 PM
Hello

Hi Tonto, thanks for checking in!:driving: Can you give a few details for the list? :)

Sean Stinson
12-20-2009, 03:04 PM
Sacred Ground formerly known as Addicted belonged to Rob Asner but apparently he just sold it!!!!

Desert Warrior and Ghost Runner both belonged to Adrenaline Offshore owned by myself and another gentleman to whom I sold my half to and proceeded to do a deal on the 41 Geronimo with a gentleman from Grand Lake and ran out of money during that deal and it was then sold to Tony Ferrentino who owns Ultimate Warrior and his brother Mike owns War Dancer!!

Currently in the middle of another deal to purchase another one!!!!!

TONTO
12-21-2009, 01:19 PM
What kind of info are ya'll wanting?

Geronimo36
12-21-2009, 01:41 PM
year, length, power, drives, general location

10x
12-21-2009, 02:26 PM
Hello

Hello Robert !!! How the he!! ya been ??? The last time we seen ya was ............... :eek: 05 ???

TONTO
12-21-2009, 02:55 PM
What up Frank,
Been a while. Haven't had the boat up there since that summer

1991, 41, 980hp/605cu.in. CHIEFS, wet sump #6's, live'n in Flowery Branch, Ga. on beautiful Lake Lanier

Geronimo36
12-21-2009, 04:55 PM

Geronimo36: Frank U., Geronimo, 1995 - 36', T-800's, BMax, NJ
ChiefApache: Rob & Barb Sample, Fairport Harbor OH, "The Chief", 1989 41' Apache, twin 850SC's, SSM 3A's.
DrGaryDC: 41', T-800sc's, SSM 3A's, "previously Magnum Mark"
Sacred Ground: 41', #6's power?
Baywatch: Josh F, 1995 - 36', T-502efi's, Bravo's, STL and LOTO, Mo
Indian Outlaw (Ike):1989 41',Gellner 930's 3a's "Indian Outlaw"
Warpath; #1 Warpath - T-950HP KE, Yellow Warpath, T-850's
JnT: Jim and Tammy, Lake Allatoona, GA, 1987 Apache Scout 21, 2001 Yamaha 250
Nykamp: Steve N., 1989 41' ALLEZ VITE T-975HP Gellners with wet 6's. Before that 2 36's a 1992 and a 1994 both big NA motors and speedmaster 3's and the 1994 had 3A's.
tonyto: Tony T., UK, 41' J H Electric, T-700 NA's, #6's
fund razor: 1988 28' Brave - Spirit Warrior, bravo's, power tbd, Great Lakes
14 apache: Eric, NY, 41' Starchaser, NA engines, #6, 105mph
Tonto: Robert T, 1991, 41, 980hp/605cu.in. CHIEFS, wet sump #6's, Flowery Branch, Ga

lucy
12-21-2009, 05:07 PM
great list Frank!!:sifone:

10x
12-21-2009, 07:06 PM
great list Frank!!:sifone:

Thanks Lucy :bump:

Geronimo36
12-21-2009, 07:58 PM
hey now! lol

lucy
12-21-2009, 08:05 PM
lol!!..Frank from Chicago please Meet Frank from NJ!!you are officially introduced!!:):USA:

10x
12-21-2009, 08:06 PM
hey now! lol

Hahahahaha, I was waitin to see how long it was gonna take to get some kinda response. LOL

Speakin of response, where's ol' cashbrain ??? Can't believe he's not on here with his words of wisdom. :rolleyes:

OldSchool
12-21-2009, 08:14 PM
Hahahahaha, I was waitin to see how long it was gonna take to get some kinda response. LOL

Speakin of response, where's ol' cashbrain ??? Can't believe he's not on here with his words of wisdom. :rolleyes:

Cashbrain (and his five, yes five, other registered screen names:rolleyes:) has been permanently banned. He won't be back.
I know that he added excitement here for some of you with his antics, but it just gets to be too much when that much time has to be dedicated to check every post that he made.

Now, why is it that everyone thinks that Apaches are so great? Aren't they too heavy??:sifone::sifone::cheers2::eek:

DollaBill
12-21-2009, 08:24 PM
Cashbrain (and his five, yes five, other registered screen names:rolleyes:) has been permanently banned. He won't be back.
I know that he added excitement here for some of you with his antics, but it just gets to be too much when that much time has to be dedicated to check every post that he made.

Now, why is it that everyone thinks that Apaches are so great? Aren't they too heavy??:sifone::sifone::cheers2::eek:

Is it possible that he could be the biggest douchebag to ever visit SOS? I mean other than Stecz of course

DollaBill
12-21-2009, 08:25 PM
Sacred Ground formerly known as Addicted belonged to Rob Asner but apparently he just sold it!!!!

Desert Warrior and Ghost Runner both belonged to Adrenaline Offshore owned by myself and another gentleman to whom I sold my half to and proceeded to do a deal on the 41 Geronimo with a gentleman from Grand Lake and ran out of money during that deal and it was then sold to Tony Ferrentino who owns Ultimate Warrior and his brother Mike owns War Dancer!!

Currently in the middle of another deal to purchase another one!!!!!

And I say we race that biotch brother

10x
12-21-2009, 09:27 PM

Craig, that's funny, I guess old habits never die. :rolleyes:

Remember in the olden days of the "other" boating site, when Jack would come on as someone else, (other screen name) and talk to cashbrain (himself) about how great of a guy he was, and how much he knew about offshore ?? It was really entertaining to say the least, especially in the winter months when we had nothin better to do but argue with him over nonsense.
I can remember him calling me on the phone, asking me to defend him on the board, and telling me what to say and to who. It was always " Hey !! them guys are slamming me on the board !! slamming me again, hurry up and get on the computer". We could spend the whole winter talking of Jack stories.
He did mention tho, that he had some different boat, and it'll be out next year, did'nt he ?? Well, I think I must've seen it on the water, cause it had his "name" all over the side.:leaving:

It's no "Apache", BUT, it's got his name all over the side. :willy_nilly:

10x
12-21-2009, 11:28 PM
lol!!..Frank from Chicago please Meet Frank from NJ!!you are officially introduced!!:):USA:

Well, thank you Lucy. :cheers2: Those Frank guys are everywhere. :rolleyes:

Tu Tama
12-21-2009, 11:46 PM
Rob F from Amherst Ohio, 36 Warrior with 600SC's and Bravo XR's

ChiefApache
12-22-2009, 09:34 AM
Rob F from Amherst Ohio, 36 Warrior with 600SC's and Bravo XR's

Hey Rob!! Merry Christmas and glad to see you made it here. :)

Geronimo36
12-22-2009, 09:52 AM
Let's get back on track!:driving:

ChiefApache: Rob & Barb Sample, Fairport Harbor OH, "The Chief", 1989 41' Apache, twin 850SC's, SSM 3A's.
DrGaryDC: 41', T-800sc's, SSM 3A's, "previously Magnum Mark"
Nykamp: Steve N., 1989 41' ALLEZ VITE T-975HP Gellners with wet 6's. Before that 2 36's a 1992 and a 1994 both big NA motors and speedmaster 3's and the 1994 had 3A's.
Tonto: Robert T, 1991, 41, 980hp/605cu.in. CHIEFS, wet sump #6's, Flowery Branch, Ga
Tu Tama: Rob F, Amherst Ohio, 36 Warrior with 600SC's and Bravo XR's

Geronimo36
12-22-2009, 09:56 AM

Remember in the olden days of the "other" boating site, when Jack would come on as someone else, (other screen name) and talk to cashbrain (himself) about how great of a guy he was, and how much he knew about offshore ??

I didn't get involved in the social aspect of OSO back in those days (GD). I hung out in the technical sections mostly.... Glad I didn't venture off into the abyss!:willy_nilly:

DrGaryDC
12-22-2009, 09:58 AM
Apache Owner checking in - 86' white -former MM's

jmak
12-22-2009, 10:08 AM
John M. 1990 Apache 47 twin 1200 JC Performance engines #6 drives. Fully restored two years ago. Was Quick Tempered anyone on here have pictures of this boat before it was Q.T.? Thanks

Geronimo36
12-22-2009, 10:15 AM
Got ya in there Gary! :)

John M. 1990 Apache 47 twin 1200 JC Performance engines #6 drives. Fully restored two years ago. Was Quick Tempered anyone on here have pictures of this boat before it was Q.T.? Thanks

Thanks for checking in jmak. Awesome boat you have there! JC did my engines for me a few years ago as well! :driving:

DrGaryDC: 1986 41', T-800sc's, SSM 3A's, "previously Magnum Mark"
Tu Tama: Rob F, Amherst Ohio, 36 Warrior with 600SC's and Bravo XR's
jmak: John M., 1990 Apache 47 twin 1200 JC Performance engines #6 drives (was Quick Tempered)

OldSchool
12-22-2009, 10:20 AM

Beautiful boat!!! What is it named these days?

jmak
12-22-2009, 10:25 AM
Thanks, never really gave it a name

10x
12-22-2009, 10:38 AM
jmak, that's a beautiful redo on that 47. I'm sure we'd all like to see more pics of it. :cheers2:

ChiefApache
12-22-2009, 10:38 AM
Thanks, never really gave it a name

Hmmmm, time for a contest! :sifone:

ChiefApache
12-22-2009, 10:39 AM
jmak, that's a beautiful redo on that 47. I'm sure we'd all like to see more pics of it. :cheers2:

Ditto and yes we would!!!

DrGaryDC
12-22-2009, 10:42 AM
We did find out that my boat is #11 from Apache

jmak
12-22-2009, 10:46 AM
Here's a couple from a poker run this summer. I've got more somewhere.

10x
12-22-2009, 10:51 AM

OK, now I know who MM sold the boat to. He called me right after he sold it, and I told him "you're really gonna miss it"
Personally, after being in it quite a bit, and knowing how it runs, if you're looking for a speedster in an Apache 41, you just bought it. I can remember running right next to him from Waukeegan to Chicago, when he had the Merc 800's in it, and my GPS sat at 92-93 when he was WOT. Needless to say, I was very impressed.

You're gonna love that boat !!:cheers2:

Roger 1
12-22-2009, 10:53 AM

Remember in the olden days of the "other" boating site, when Jack would come on as someone else, (other screen name) and talk to cashbrain (himself) about how great of a guy he was, and how much he knew about offshore ?? It was really entertaining to say the least, especially in the winter months when we had nothin better to do but argue with him over nonsense.
I can remember him calling me on the phone, asking me to defend him on the board, and telling me what to say and to who. It was always " Hey !! them guys are slamming me on the board !! slamming me again, hurry up and get on the computer". We could spend the whole winter talking of Jack stories.
He did mention tho, that he had some different boat, and it'll be out next year, did'nt he ?? Well, I think I must've seen it on the water, cause it had his "name" all over the side.:leaving:

It's no "Apache", BUT, it's got his name all over the side. :willy_nilly:

LOL!!! Good find frank. I liked your "all cracked up" story the best.:cheers2:

10x
12-22-2009, 11:02 AM
LOL!!! Good find frank. I liked your "all cracked up" story the best.:cheers2:

So would everybody else here. :willy_nilly:
Roger, LMAO, don't get me off track here, we need a whole thread in itself for that. LMFAO :rolleyes: But it would be entertaining to say the least. Care to start the thread ??? LMFAO:leaving:

Roger 1
12-22-2009, 11:10 AM
So would everybody else here. :willy_nilly:
Roger, LMAO, don't get me off track here, we need a whole thread in itself for that. LMFAO :rolleyes: But it would be entertaining to say the least. Care to start the thread ??? LMFAO:leaving:

I think that's what the "Free-for-all" thread is for.
I agree with getting this thread back on track though.

Congratulations to Gary on His new purchase.:cheers2:

DrGaryDC
12-22-2009, 11:51 AM
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome into the Apache Family. She will be in great hands as she will be the trailer queen during the week, tearing up the course on the weekends with OPA, and various poker runs on the east coast

thedonz
12-22-2009, 12:29 PM
I hope you bring her to her home town where she was born and raised (S.FL)......I rode in her many times with MM and she was pampered like you can't imagine.....you have a one of a kind piece and you will relize that in time....enjoy

Tu Tama
12-23-2009, 01:44 PM
Hey Rob!! Merry Christmas and glad to see you made it here. :)

Merry Christmas to you and Rob as well. Tell him I said hey...

I have actually been lurking here for a while... LOL.

Geronimo36
12-23-2009, 07:00 PM
Any other owners checking in?!?!?! :)

Current List Again;

DrGaryDC: 1986 41', T-800sc's, SSM 3A's, "previously Magnum Mark"
Tu Tama: Rob F, Amherst Ohio, 1996 - 36 Warrior with 600SC's and Bravo XR's
jmak: John M., 1990 Apache 47 twin 1200 JC Performance engines #6 drives (was Quick Tempered)

GENERAL LEE
12-24-2009, 01:22 AM
I proceeded to do a deal on the 41 Geronimo with a gentleman from Grand Lake and ran out of money during that deal

I played golf with him a couple of months ago. Obviously we've talk about how great that boat was. It's such a shame how that deal ended up. Jerry hasn't bought another boat since. He really loved that boat. It was hard not to. :cool:

jmak
12-24-2009, 11:22 AM
Here's some more.

Geronimo36
12-24-2009, 11:29 AM
jmak, yoiur boat has become one of my favorites, very classy!

how do you like twins in that boat? Also, who did the re-rig and dialed it in? What kind of speeds are you seeing?:driving:

jmak
12-24-2009, 11:35 AM
If the snow ever stops I'll take some more!

jmak
12-24-2009, 11:47 AM
Thanks Steve Lopez @ Legacy Custom Marine did the resto and O.L. did a bunch of paint and glass work. It ran 117 with two guys and 1/4 tank of fuel and some wind. Its pretty light 13000-14000lbs. Steve did a great job Its a very well balanced boat. The ride and handling is incredible!

jmak
12-24-2009, 12:11 PM
Have a better pic somewhere of the gps. You can cruise around all day @ 100 to 105 and not kill the motors. Speed was not my main concern with this project. It was just fun to save a poor old neglected boat and bring it back to life!

DrGaryDC
12-24-2009, 12:28 PM
Very impressive, what kind of power would it take for my 41' to do those numbers?
Dr. G

ChiefApache
12-24-2009, 01:01 PM
Here's some more.

Ohhhhh, that's your boat???? Super jealous. She's a beauty!

xlr8by
12-24-2009, 01:45 PM
Very impressive, what kind of power would it take for my 41' to do those numbers?
Dr. G

See this thread for more information and comments about Apache 41's and speed :) http://www.seriousoffshore.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6810

Geronimo36
12-24-2009, 02:30 PM
Thanks Steve Lopez @ Legacy Custom Marine did the resto and O.L. did a bunch of paint and glass work. It ran 117 with two guys and 1/4 tank of fuel and some wind. Its pretty light 13000-14000lbs. Steve did a great job Its a very well balanced boat. The ride and handling is incredible!

That's impressive! Especially for an old, lumpy, straight-bottom V with antequated technology!!!! ;):)

My friends 46' OL ran numbers slightly less than that with a total of 2100 hp so from where I stand that's one hell of an accomplishment by you guys!:driving::cheers2:

jmak
12-24-2009, 02:47 PM
Before I got it someone put a good size pad on the bottom. So I think with that and the notched transom it helps quite a bit along with the lightness of it.

Geronimo36
12-24-2009, 11:16 PM
interesting stuff!

pldesautels
12-27-2009, 10:08 PM
I hope they hold another poker run in Fairhaven in 2010, maybe I will get to see JMAK. I'm definitely making it a point to check out that awesome Apache.:driving::driving::driving:

Magnum Mark
12-27-2009, 10:22 PM
interesting stuff!
the sport needs more guys like the doc..
i took it from this to this to this...exit stage left.....m.m....truly a great boat..only had 3 people work on it in 17 yrs...it ran with a little help from my friends..my advisors were mel riggs and crew, bobby saccenti, bobby moore, tommy evans and jim secord.....you internet bolster jockies are cool but not in the same league..just the way it is...

Bgchuby01
12-27-2009, 10:56 PM
Mark what a boat you have, now we just have to have Mel figure out a way to put your walker next to you inside the bolster.
Seriously Marks boat is the ****. I have ridden in my fair share of offshore boats and in rough water, Marks boat has them all beat. It may not be the fastest boat but in bad water he will get there first.

Magnum Mark
12-27-2009, 11:10 PM
Mark what a boat you have, now we just have to have Mel figure out a way to put your walker next to you inside the bolster.
Seriously Marks boat is the ****. I have ridden in my fair share of offshore boats and in rough water, Marks boat has them all beat. It may not be the fastest boat but in bad water he will get there first.

what a boat i HAD........

Magnum Mark
12-27-2009, 11:11 PM
what a boat i HAD........

pics..

kidapache
12-27-2009, 11:17 PM
that was the old tripple x boat? I looked at that years ago it had benches glassed in the cabin for men to ride they used it for a runner

DAREDEVIL
12-27-2009, 11:33 PM
that was the old tripple x boat? I looked at that years ago it had benches glassed in the cabin for men to ride they used it for a runner

WHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT ???????

mark owned that boat since 1993 !!!!!! and bought it out of a law storage .LOL

IT NEVER EVER HAD BENCHES IN IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!:smash:

TOOOOOO FUNNY:sifone:

kidapache
12-27-2009, 11:37 PM
If that was the 1986 xxx boat it had benches in it .you dont no anything about apaches. I have pics so think befor you talk

DrGaryDC
12-27-2009, 11:41 PM
Paul, looking forward to seeing you run next year
Dr. G

kidapache
12-27-2009, 11:44 PM
we will have both boats ready

DrGaryDC
12-27-2009, 11:54 PM
I will be ready. I know Wild Bill be excited too

DrGaryDC
12-27-2009, 11:55 PM
Hey Paul, can you send those pics, thanks

kidapache
12-28-2009, 12:13 AM
Hey Paul, can you send those pics, thanks

witch pics of that xxx boat?

DrGaryDC
12-28-2009, 12:21 AM
Benches in the cabin

1waterboy1
12-28-2009, 02:44 AM
we will have both boats ready

This is so great to see.As a kid going to the offshore races in Point Pleasant Beach and Atlantic City...the 41ft Apaches were always my favorite Open Class boats.Watching Bob Saccenti and Ben Kramer run "Warpath" in the huge swells during the 1985 Point race was unbelievable!!!!!!!!They were literally flying, and not even the bigger and more powerful Superboat Class boats could run with them.Unfortunately; some mechanical problems forced them out of the race,but they would have won overall going away.I remember the "Popeyes" 50ft aluminum Cougar Cat ran very well...but was badly damaged and almost sunk at the docks after winning the Superboat Class...which indicates just how rough it really was.

Thanks again for bringing these great boats back out to the race circut!:)

Magnum Mark
12-28-2009, 03:21 AM
Benches in the cabin

show us....also what was it they were running?

Toasty
12-28-2009, 10:34 AM
...smack

fund razor
12-28-2009, 10:58 AM
So hey Toasty.... which 41 did your buddy Hannibal own? :)

Bgchuby01
12-28-2009, 04:29 PM
so Mark, is it gone or a maybe?

ChiefApache
12-28-2009, 05:29 PM
so Mark, is it gone or a maybe?

It's gone. Dr Gary purchased it within the last two weeks.

baywatch
12-28-2009, 05:54 PM
show us....also what was it they were running?

"Snow for the Go" mm

DrGaryDC
12-28-2009, 06:18 PM
She will officially be in NJ this weekend

Magnum Mark
12-28-2009, 06:30 PM
witch:bump: pics of that xxx boat?

cobra boat..those were not x's..they were open cobra mouths.......

OldSchool
12-28-2009, 06:33 PM
cobra boat..those were not x's..they were open cobra mouths.......

watch out for that plane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:sifone::cheers2:

Geronimo36
12-28-2009, 08:08 PM

Nice!

Was checkin out the spare of everything you have today. Mark was true to his word about having 2-3 of everything!

I heard a saying today; "The expensive way is the cheap way.":cheers2:

Roger 1
12-28-2009, 09:28 PM

So I take it that your Dad made it back ok?

DrGaryDC
12-29-2009, 10:16 AM
Yeah, my dad cleared out his shop to pull the boat in and now its loaded with the spare equipment Mark gave me, lol. Everything Magnum Mark gave me is top notch and do appreciate it. I have enough spare equipement to last me years. Talk about a great opportunity for both of us