PDA

View Full Version : Any Ford dealers on here? Or folks with Carfax and/or Oasis access?

dockrocker
11-13-2008, 04:47 PM
Looking at used Expedition up here in the north country, and would like to see a carfax and/or oasis report before I drive the 1.5 hours to the dealer. Being as President Obama-Claus hasn't spread any of the wealth my way just yet, I don't want to pay for the Carfax if I can find out the truck is secret lemon or something first.

Holler at me if you can do it, e-mail is charlestownchiefs (at) comcast (dot) net, or just message me here.

Many thanks, compadres!

Blue Oval
11-13-2008, 05:14 PM
I do not have a carfax contract, but if you get the vin. I can run a oasis on it.

THEJOKER
11-13-2008, 05:55 PM
www.sandersford.com Mat C Raymond

dockrocker
11-13-2008, 09:41 PM
Thanks guys - called the dealership today and it had been sold! Doh! Guess if ya snooze, ya lose. I'll follow-up with you on the Oasis if/when I find another truck. With gas down around $2 a gallon, I'm semi-seriously considering an Excursion... :)

rainmn
11-14-2008, 12:33 PM
I had a 2000 gas (V-10) Excursion, which I ended up trading in on a new '04 Expedition.

The Excursion was a great truck. Only issue I ever had was a starter went bad, which took me about 10 minutes to replace.

That Expedition, on the other hand, was the biggest pile 'o dog turd I have ever owned. I had two other friends who both bought Expeditions around the same time as me, and had very similar experiences with them.

I was thrilled to dump that thing back at the dealer.

dockrocker
11-14-2008, 02:04 PM
found another one - vin is 1fmpu16595la25394 if anyone can help, I'd appreciate it.

If I could find a decent low mileage Excursion, I'd be sorely tempted. Most are 100K+ around here, though.

Blue Oval
11-14-2008, 02:53 PM
In service date was 8-04-05,had some minor repairs on warranty.No major work shown on oasis.If you have fax number I can send copy.

dockrocker
11-14-2008, 05:14 PM
Blue Oval, appreciate the help. Fax is 248 - 853 - 8285, attn Mike

Much obliged! Snowing up there yet? Almost time to break out the sleds!!

Blue Oval
11-14-2008, 05:41 PM
on its way.Snowed last weekend,but melted.They say were going to get some this weekend.Sorry no winter fun yet.

dockrocker
11-15-2008, 01:40 AM
Got it, thanks! Might take a look this weekend.

Offshore Ginger
11-15-2008, 10:13 AM
Blue Oval how stable was the economy up your way this summer as far as revenue goes ?:)

MANITIE
11-15-2008, 06:33 PM
dockrocker...these SUV's are all over..and are very cheap still...

Where are you located at....we have 12 Franchise Stores in the Va area...

If you want let me know what year, equipment and miles you are looking for....

I just appraised 3 in the last week....

Blue Oval
11-17-2008, 12:14 PM
The economy is very tight,the summer was ok.Had a pretty good year going with used car sales this summer.Service and body shop are keeping us going.Waiting for CNN to start giving out good news,if we turned the news channels off maybe someone would start spending money again.

dockrocker
12-10-2008, 09:03 PM
I came *that* close to pulling the trigger on a loaded 2003 Suburban today. 74K miles, 4x4, LTZ, fully loaded with DVD and the whole nine yards, guy was asking $12.5. Someone got to it before me.

Anyone have insight on what a diesel Excursion is bringing at auction these days? Or a Suburban / Yukon XL?

Many thanks guys, and for those in the business, keep your head down - those of us in Detroit are hitting the knees every night, even if we're not directly in the auto business (health care for me).

rssteiny
12-10-2008, 09:30 PM
I came *that* close to pulling the trigger on a loaded 2003 Suburban today. 74K miles, 4x4, LTZ, fully loaded with DVD and the whole nine yards, guy was asking $12.5. Someone got to it before me.

Anyone have insight on what a diesel Excursion is bringing at auction these days? Or a Suburban / Yukon XL?

Many thanks guys, and for those in the business, keep your head down - those of us in Detroit are hitting the knees every night, even if we're not directly in the auto business (health care for me).

I could of bought a 2003 excursion diesel, with 72k loaded leather real nice for 8k last week at the dealer auction. I am a used dealer in pa.