PDA

View Full Version : Question

Racegirl3
10-14-2008, 09:46 PM
Who sees what? Do the mods see the pms? who sees passwords? and if we go to paying, who sees the credit card info?

stecz20
10-14-2008, 09:48 PM
no one sees pms, no one see passwords.. as far as i know only the last four digitd show up on the screen but im sure you can have it work for either way..

Racegirl3
10-14-2008, 09:59 PM
Hmm ...

and ..... I opted for the email notification if somebody posts in a thread Ive posted in. Instead of sending one email, it is sending an email every time somebody posts. Is that right? The other sites only send one email until you go back to the site then it will send another .... and so on

stecz20
10-14-2008, 10:08 PM
Hmm ...

and ..... I opted for the email notification if somebody posts in a thread Ive posted in. Instead of sending one email, it is sending an email every time somebody posts. Is that right? The other sites only send one email until you go back to the site then it will send another .... and so on

oso does teh same thing... i had to shut mine opff it filled my e mial up every night...

Racegirl3
10-14-2008, 10:16 PM
oso does teh same thing... i had to shut mine opff it filled my e mial up every night...

Hmmm .... not for me. It sends one email notification until you go back to the board. So if 20 people post on a thread while Im away, I get 1 email. Here I get 20. If thats the way it is, thats the way it is ... just checking.

DonziGirl
10-14-2008, 10:23 PM
Did you have the site open in another window? I haven't had that problem

Racegirl3
10-15-2008, 08:12 AM
Did you have the site open in another window? I haven't had that problem

Nope. :)

Chris
10-15-2008, 08:27 AM
Who sees what? Do the mods see the pms? who sees passwords? and if we go to paying, who sees the credit card info?

Only Heather can see passwords- or the technical people.

On PM's, I suppose it is possible to do it but I wouldn't know why anyone would want to. People can get credit card numbers from e-mails so I would assume that anything can be had with some effort. I don't believe it's a standard function of the vBulletin package and even if, the only person that can see is Heather.

On credit cards, you have a 3rd party processor. Authorize.net has been suggested by our tech people. The way this works is you see a page that appears to be on this site, but the info is going into their secure server. They process the card, take their cut and electronically transfer the funds to an ordinary deposit account. The site doesn't see the number or have any way to get it. Just like Paypal, but more integrated.

lady
10-15-2008, 08:51 AM
Only Heather can see passwords- or the technical people.

I would just email you your password through the system - I wouldn't even see it...

On PM's, I suppose it is possible to do it but I wouldn't know why anyone would want to. I don't believe it's a standard function of the vBulletin package and even if, the only person that can see is Heather.

Too complex to want to do - not worth the time unless we know something illegal is going on through PM's and the we are asked by a court for materials.

On credit cards, you have a 3rd party processor. Authorize.net has been suggested by our tech people. The way this works is you see a page that appears to be on this site, but the info is going into their secure server. They process the card, take their cut and electronically transfer the funds to an ordinary deposit account. The site doesn't see the number or have any way to get it. Just like Paypal, but more integrated.

Sounds good - we are not responsible for running a credit card or having someone's number