PDA

View Full Version : Finished new HD toy

gerritm
11-13-2008, 08:50 AM
Here is the bike my son and I have been building to race locally. It is an 03 HD V-Rod with a stock motor. We changed from stock wheels to 16" Buell lightweight wheels, chain drive, Progressive shocks, Pingel electric shifter with shift light, and new Buell Brakes. The best time the bike ran stock was around 12.1. With the changes he is now running 11.2 and we think we can get it down in the high 10's with a few more adjustments.5138

Sea-Dated
11-13-2008, 12:44 PM
Very Cool! Be safe running that thing.

p29steve
11-13-2008, 02:04 PM
that's cool, good luck with it. my buddy run's this pro fuel harley and is the 2007 and 2008 national champion.

gerritm
11-13-2008, 03:50 PM
Very Cool! Be safe running that thing.

He runs it on the track most of the time. 1/4 and 1/8 mile. That is the only place safe around here. I see some motor work in it's future. He is a Harley mechanic and is itching to build a big bore V-Rod motor.:driving:

Slandrew
12-16-2008, 10:50 PM
V-rods run nice:):seeya:I want to take this to the track when weather breaks :(See what I can get out of it:boxing_smiley:

gerritm
12-17-2008, 04:28 PM
V-rods run nice:):seeya:I want to take this to the track when weather breaks :(See what I can get out of it:boxing_smiley:

Slandrew, we lived on Long Island (Ronkonkoma) for 6 years before we moved here to Texas. We rode our bikes almost every weekend of the summer to the east end, Claudio's, and Freeport. My son started his Harley career @ Suffolk HD. His mentor there was the head mechanic "Lenny". The v-rod was my bike until I decided to go with comfort instead of speed. I bought it off a guy who had a construction company on the east end. It came from Lighthouse HD originally. It has the custom Harley factory paint with the ghost flames.

Slandrew
07-30-2010, 08:27 AM
Claudios is the best went with V-Rod 2 hours in traffic got a charley horse for a week!:ack2:I should have stoped rather the non stop?Plenty of hot boats there sorry I didn't bring mine:( I can see why you went with comfort!!What 1/4 mile time did you run??

gerritm
08-03-2010, 04:42 PM
:cheers2:
Claudios is the best went with V-Rod 2 hours in traffic got a charley horse for a week!:ack2:I should have stoped rather the non stop?Plenty of hot boats there sorry I didn't bring mine:( I can see why you went with comfort!!What 1/4 mile time did you run??

His best run so far has been 10.94. Normally runs around 11.1. Not good enough for his little stock motor. We bought a Screaming Eagle big block kit for it. This will be his winter project. New heads, jugs, pistons, etc. Should be around 130 to 140 hp when it is done.

After riding to Claudios once with my wife on the v-rod, I gave it to my son and bought the Road King. That is where I got interested in go-fasts. Lots of nice boats there.:cheers2:

Slandrew
08-05-2010, 09:46 PM

His best run so far has been 10.94. Normally runs around 11.1. Not good enough for his little stock motor. We bought a Screaming Eagle big block kit for it. This will be his winter project. New heads, jugs, pistons, etc. Should be around 130 to 140 hp when it is done.

After riding to Claudios once with my wife on the v-rod, I gave it to my son and bought the Road King. That is where I got interested in go-fasts. Lots of nice boats there.:cheers2:I hear ya!