PDA

View Full Version : Pictures in signatures

MOBILEMERCMAN
10-14-2008, 07:29 PM
I suggested we delete this option. Here is an example. Imagine when these are every where...This is not even the biggest size option.

I deleted the example I hated it so much. I made one similar to racesdad.

Racegirl3
10-14-2008, 07:30 PM
agreed

MOBILEMERCMAN
10-14-2008, 07:34 PM
It is so obnoxious!!!!!!!!!

DonziGirl
10-14-2008, 07:51 PM
I've honestly never been a big fan of pictures in signatures, but there isn't really a way to disable it unless you also disable links. You can put pictures in the signature if you link in photobucket or something like that.

MOBILEMERCMAN
10-14-2008, 07:56 PM
I've honestly never been a big fan of pictures in signatures, but there isn't really a way to disable it unless you also disable links. You can put pictures in the signature if you link in photobucket or something like that.

I don't care for the pix at all, but I do prefer links to stay.

Chris
10-15-2008, 07:45 AM
Working on this.

Rexone
10-17-2008, 11:43 PM
You might consider limiting image size in sigs to something like 200px tall with no animations (typically gifs). This would be a mod enforced thing but I don't see it being a big deal on this board. We did it on Hotboat for awhile and it was not a huge issue once folks got used to it. It would allow advertisers to run a small logo if they desired.

Rexone
10-18-2008, 07:18 AM
You might consider limiting image size in sigs to something like 200px tall with no animations (typically gifs). This would be a mod enforced thing but I don't see it being a big deal on this board. We did it on Hotboat for awhile and it was not a huge issue once folks got used to it. It would allow advertisers to run a small logo if they desired.

I added a small logo so you can see the size range I'm talkin about.

Also the character limit is currently set to 100 max for sigs. Suggest an increase as with my sig example I've already used almost the max with the bb code links as was well over the max linking the logo direct from my website before using sigpic feature. I can't add any further tag line underneath with the 100 character limit... :(

You can also set different maxes for bbcode character limit vs non-bb code character limit. Typically it would be something like 500 non and 1000 including, as the links use up probably over half the characters in the content.

The logo below just for reference is 96 px wide x 70 px tall.

Bobcat
10-18-2008, 11:29 AM
my problem with boat freaks was all the pics in between the posts, it was a tough read for one line posts. so maybe for advertisers only and small.

MOBILEMERCMAN
10-18-2008, 11:47 AM
Rexone was the right idea.

Rexone
10-18-2008, 05:11 PM
If you make it a board rule just to limit sig images to 100 px tall (or whatever you decide) the mods just watch it and if too big Pm the user. You can only limit it within the software if the user chooses to use the "sig pic" feature. If he uses bb code to link the image from elsewhere there is no built in size control feature. If you turn off bb code then you kill the links too so that is not a good option. On the board I mod we just watch them and it's not a big deal once people get use to it. (Just like $3 to $4 gas)... :boxing_smiley:

Strip Poker 388
10-21-2008, 12:58 AM
I say let us have a pick in the sig, and maybe a Gif,just limit the size

MOBILEMERCMAN
10-21-2008, 01:00 AM
the consensus was modest about 150 x150.

cigdaze
10-21-2008, 10:42 AM
To be honest, I see no reason for pics in a signature line. A signature is just that, your signature and that's it - be it a salutation, slogan, joke, whatever. If one desires a picture, use the avatar space, which is already self-limiting, and plainly obvious.

My $0.02

ChiefApache
10-21-2008, 10:56 AM
To be honest, I see no reason for pics in a signature line. A signature is just that, your signature and that's it - be it a salutation, slogan, joke, whatever. If one desires a picture, use the avatar space, which is already self-limiting, and plainly obvious.

My $0.02

Ditto! I don't see a reason for a pic in a sig line either and find it very frustrating when ready posts.

And my $.02! :kiss:

MOBILEMERCMAN
10-21-2008, 11:00 AM

My $0.02

I agree, but I think a pic like rexone is OK for a business of supporting member.

cigdaze
10-21-2008, 11:11 AM
I agree, but I think a pic like rexone is OK for a business of supporting member.

Good call. I wonder if the board can be set up that way, such that only advertisers / supporters can have a sig banner, for advertising or weekly specials, etc.