PDA

View Full Version : OSS Welcomes Rutherford and Barfield to the Board

indyracegirl
11-30-2009, 01:10 PM
Indianapolis, IN: The Offshore Super Series Powerboat Racing Association (OSS) announced today the addition of John S. "Johnny" Rutherford III and Beaux Barfield to the OSS Board of Directors. Election results for the 2010 - 2011 Officers to the Board are also official. During a meeting last week, Michael E. "Mike" Mares was elected to the position of Chairman of the Board. Randy Schleuss will serve as Vice Chairman, C. Richard "Rick" Davis is the newly elected Secretary and Sherwood R. "Woody" Bailey will serve as Treasurer. Bill Reitenour, Rutherford and Barfield will round out seven member Board.

Johnny Rutherford, from Fort Worth Texas will join the OSS Board. Rutherford, a three time winner of the Indianapolis 500 and NASCAR Winston Cup Series racer is currently an official with Indy Racing League (IRL). He is an inductee in the International Motorsports Hall of Fame, the National Sprint Car Hall of Fame and has been a TV Analyst for ABC, CBS, NBC and ESPN. His racing background and experience as a Special Event Coordinator for the IRL and consultant to Team Pennzoil will offer some interesting insights to OSS and the world of Offshore.

Beaux Barfield, of Houston Texas will also sit on the OSS Board. Barfield is the Race Director for the American Le Mans Series. A former Champ Car Steward, Barfield has been racing since the mid 80's and has been involved with many manufactures as lead driver and team driving instructor. His unique understanding of race sites and knowledge of race management will be a benefit to the growth of OSS.

OSS Board Chairman, Mike Mares, said, "First I would like to welcome Johnny and Beaux to the OSS family and I thank everyone for your vote of confidence; with your help we will continue to make this organization the best there is. I would also like to thank the outgoing Board for their dedication and hard work on OSS' behalf over the past two years. I am honored to serve and fully understand the responsibility that comes with this position. I will do everything in my power to uphold the professionalism, leadership and expectations that have been entrusted to me and the other new board members. I am excited about the renewed determination for the 2010 season.

The OSS membership recently voted to change the by-laws, allowing a structural change to the Board of Directors. Mr. Mares continued, "The new and different makeup of this Board should give a fresh vision to meet the many challenges facing the sport of offshore racing. I want to see OSS continue to grow while keeping the founding principles and values in place. I understand the original commitment and spirit that formed OSS; I will stand true to that commitment. OSS has always had a family feeling and the camaraderie is second to none; it is my intention and desire to hold on to that part of the past as we go into the future."

The OSS is a not for profit association dedicated to the advancement of the further development and growth of offshore powerboat racing in North America.