cashbrain
11-29-2009, 02:24 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIBO98H_TKE&feature=fvwe2

lucky strike
11-29-2009, 02:37 PM
Thanks

JupiterSunsation
11-29-2009, 11:20 PM
funny comments at the bottom of the video link.....

Great vid.
dancefreak1on1 (6 months ago)my dad races that boat in the racingg team .
dragin4life (8 months ago) "****ing factory non pay" What are you talking about? I came all the way from Canada to see this place and it was closed and in the heart of the ghetto haha. But I managed to get into the store and bought myself some shirts. I live for this company, keep it going boys. You truely build legends.
seductiveproductions (10 months ago)After that , I dont want a cigerette...Thanks!
colin340 (11 months ago) this guy is so dumb
lovUSAhj (7 months ago)who the vp? yeah i would get a donzi or somthin
amarilyssanchez (1 year ago) this factory is a ****ing hell, the owners skyp and neil hernandez couple thief, ****ing factory non pay
yesitsmeeeee (1 year ago) wow, thanks, i learned so much, thats awesome!

cashbrain
11-29-2009, 11:33 PM
I never scrolled down to see that...always a comment. Cig speaks for itself

DAREDEVIL
11-30-2009, 12:11 AM
Can't believe they still use BALSA in these times ??? mhhhhh.

One more reason not to buy one ! SORRY:rolleyes:

redhotsommer
11-30-2009, 08:24 AM
Nice comment Phragle! :)

OldSchool
11-30-2009, 09:28 AM

:willy_nilly::willy_nilly::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Trim'd Up
11-30-2009, 09:43 AM

Balsa has better shear and compressive strength for the weight than any of the composite cores. What material would you prefer?

cashbrain
11-30-2009, 09:47 AM
:lurk5: Here we go...

DAREDEVIL
11-30-2009, 11:47 AM
Balsa has better shear and compressive strength for the weight than any of the composite cores. What material would you prefer?

concrete !!!:bump::sifone:

Balsa is OLD STYLE !!! heavy and will rot !!

Blasticore is the way to go , i don't like foam core either !!!!

I did not mean to stir this pot,,just stating that BALSA is the past !!!!

DAREDEVIL
12-02-2009, 11:39 PM
concrete !!!:bump::sifone:

Balsa is OLD STYLE !!! heavy and will rot !!

Blasticore is the way to go , i don't like foam core either !!!!

I did not mean to stir this pot,,just stating that BALSA is the past !!!!

Well,,nobody is saying i am wrong ??? mmmmhhhh:rolleyes:

cashbrain
12-03-2009, 12:38 AM
Who knows how old that video is...

Perlmudder
12-03-2009, 12:45 AM
Nice comment Phragle! :)

haha ya!

MikeyFIN
12-03-2009, 06:23 AM
Well,,nobody is saying i am wrong ??? mmmmhhhh:rolleyes:

No..gotta agree 100% here.

JupiterSunsation
12-03-2009, 12:58 PM
Who knows how old that video is...

2008? Look at the boats in the background....Top Fish came out in 08 so it has to be atleast 2008 when the video was shot.

Feb 4 2008 is a date written on a hull at the 2:10 mark in the video....

GENERAL LEE
12-03-2009, 01:05 PM

One more reason not to buy one !

SORRY:rolleyes:

I've had 4 Cigarettes dating back to 1976, and never had a single structural problem with any of them? The balsa only rots when it gets wet, which only happens if you gouge the boat, or flip it.......BOTH of which, I don't plan to do!

They've been building one of the most elite powerboats in the game for a looooong time, so I'm definitely not going to question the techniques they feel are best of what they're building.

JupiterSunsation
12-03-2009, 01:12 PM
I've had 4 Cigarettes dating back to 1976, and never had a single structural problem with any of them? The balsa only rots when it gets wet, which only happens if you gouge the boat, or flip it.......BOTH of which, I don't plan to do!

They've been building one of the most elite powerboats in the game for a looooong time, so I'm definitely not going to question the techniques they feel are best of what they're building.

I think part of what DD is saying is balsa was acceptable in 1976 but the materials have changed to better products but Cig has not.

I'm with you on the concept of balsa, much like Bugattis they are both fine until you do something stupid and get them wet! :sifone:

DAREDEVIL
12-03-2009, 01:17 PM
I think part of what DD is saying is balsa was acceptable in 1976 but the materials have changed to better products but Cig has not.

I'm with you on the concept of balsa, much like Bugattis they are both fine until you do something stupid and get them wet! :sifone:

Thats kind of what i ment !!!

I just think with the materials available today it could even be a better and stronger boat !

Perlmudder
12-03-2009, 01:54 PM

you sly dog!!:sifone:

DollaBill
12-03-2009, 02:13 PM
I don't care what they use. Cigarette = #1. Game over. (V class of course).

Here we go :lurk5:

OldSchool
12-04-2009, 10:29 AM
I don't care what they use. Cigarette = #1. Game over. (V class of course).

Here we go :lurk5:

There's really no other way to look at it, Cigarette is "The Top of the Food Chain" as far as the history of offshore boats is perceived to all boaters and non-boaters. Yes, the Apache is the holy grail of the lot, and Fountains are the fastest....but there is no denying the simple fact that (as GLH says), no one has ever come up to me and said "is that one of those ******* boats". They always say Cigarette.

Just my opinion, of course ;):cheers2:

WMF
12-04-2009, 01:18 PM
Why was all the good content removed from this post???:boxing_smiley:

cashbrain
12-04-2009, 01:42 PM
There's really no other way to look at it, Cigarette is "The Top of the Food Chain" as far as the history of offshore boats is perceived to all boaters and non-boaters. Yes, the Apache is the holy grail of the lot, and Fountains are the fastest....but there is no denying the simple fact that (as GLH says), no one has ever come up to me and said "is that one of those ******* boats". They always say Cigarette.

Just my opinion, of course ;):cheers2:

There you go,using that Apache word :kiss:
Actually, the Apache was originally a Cigarette also(extended Flat Deck). Cig rocks !!

Davidmnc
12-04-2009, 02:01 PM

Yea! :mad:

OldSchool
12-04-2009, 02:21 PM

Yea! :mad:

If either of you can't figure out why the posts were deleted, feel free to call me @ 202-224-5499 and I would be more than happy to explain to you (A.) Why they were deleted and (B.) What it is as a website that we are trying to accomplish here.

This website was created and we've worked our azzes off in the last year to try to make it the best offshore boating forum.....and we're just beginning. Stayed tuned, there's going to be some changes.:)

cigdaze
12-04-2009, 02:42 PM
The first line of our Forum Rules (http://www.seriousoffshore.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6530) is "Be Polite, be respectful." Those posts were neither of those two things.

Additionally, we felt that the trading of personal insults added little value to a discussion regarding the material choice, construction or manufacturing methods employed by Cigarette.

WMF
12-04-2009, 06:39 PM
If either of you can't figure out why the posts were deleted, feel free to call me @ 202-224-5499 and I would be more than happy to explain to you (A.) Why they were deleted and (B.) What it is as a website that we are trying to accomplish here.

This website was created and we've worked our azzes off in the last year to try to make it the best offshore boating forum.....and we're just beginning. Stayed tuned, there's going to be some changes.:)

No reason to call, but thanks! I just think some people are treated differently on this site and it is not right! I just feel that certian members always have something negative to say. If it is about Cigarette, or any other topic that they dont have or cant afford. Then it is let go by the admins, but as soon as someone is called out thier post it gets removed!! This is just my thoughts!!:sifone:

Chris
12-04-2009, 08:14 PM
No reason to call, but thanks! I just think some people are treated differently on this site and it is not right! I just feel that certian members always have something negative to say. If it is about Cigarette, or any other topic that they dont have or cant afford. Then it is let go by the admins, but as soon as someone is called out thier post it gets removed!! This is just my thoughts!!:sifone:

I'm intolerant of the negativity. We've gotten this far without it and we'll continue to do so.

We also have a fantastic moderating staff that manages to very professionally handle things around here- to the point that the single most common comment (compliment) I received in Key West was how cleanly the board is run and how little nonsense there is. So I suppose we have no need whatsoever for any independent help "calling people out". And in fact, never has blunt, direct confrontation resulted in anything other than an eruption. Now we have moderators to keep the calm, why would we need anything else?

Lastly, show me one instance where ANYONE hasn't been treated fairly or respectfully. There are no favorites. Period. All rules apply to everyone.

MarylandMark
12-05-2009, 10:02 AM
One instance is I didn't win the KW trip...

Chris
12-05-2009, 11:22 AM
When I said there were no favorites, I misspoke. Mark is absolutely our favorite inveterate trashcan-hugging drunkard and dolphin fondler.

Toasty
12-07-2009, 03:07 PM
i disagree, Outerlimits has quite a name for itself as an independent go fast builder. Cig just cant keep up. Why did Neil H leave?

Team Tsunami
12-07-2009, 04:08 PM
i disagree, Outerlimits has quite a name for itself as an independent go fast builder. Cig just cant keep up. Why did Neil H leave?

Good O'le Skippy!!:D:D And yes Outerlimits is at the top!

WMF
12-07-2009, 04:56 PM
Why all the Cigarette Haters!!!! Nobody compared Outterlimits to Cigarette did they?? They both make first class boats!!

cashbrain
12-07-2009, 05:01 PM
When did Hernandez leave? and where did he go?

phragle
12-07-2009, 05:01 PM
Why all the Cigarette Haters!!!! Nobody compared Outterlimits to Cigarette did they?? They both make first class boats!!

i'm not a Cig hater, almost bought one earlier this year but just a thought..
Maybe since Reggie commited suicide, Beak bashing is nolonger as fun as it once was and people have moved on.....

WMF
12-07-2009, 05:07 PM
i'm not a Cig hater, almost bought one earlier this year but just a thought..
Maybe since Reggie commited suicide, Beak bashing is nolonger as fun as it once was and people have moved on.....

You might be right!!!!

12-07-2009, 05:12 PM
Lucky for me, my boat was built by Neill Hernandez. We disucssed materials at length. They still use some wood products because it work well and have a 40 year track history.

They did go wood free in the transom years ago. That was the only area they saw wood decay .

Yes they vacuum bag BTW.

Team Tsunami
12-08-2009, 01:20 AM
When did Hernandez leave? and where did he go?

Not anywhere in the boat business. Neil was Cigarette!

drpete3
12-08-2009, 11:51 AM
I have to say I really enjoyed the video.

cigdaze
12-08-2009, 11:56 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought I remembered reading that Neil had returned to Cig.

Team Tsunami
12-08-2009, 01:10 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought I remembered reading that Neil had returned to Cig.

He wasnt in August and the story that I got from a couple of ex Cigarette employees is pretty interesting. Im almost 100% positive that Neil isnt back at Cigarette.

Tank
12-08-2009, 04:18 PM

That was my mis-post. He was seen working the boat show after being let go so I assumed he was back. But I was wrong. :-(

cigdaze
12-08-2009, 04:24 PM
That was my mis-post. He was seen working the boat show after being let go so I assumed he was back. But I was wrong. :-(

Thanks guys. :)

Tank you're right...that's exactly where I remember reading it now.
I just went searching for it and found it.

:)

JupiterSunsation
12-08-2009, 05:00 PM

He was at the Miami Boat show PR wearing a Lipship shirt and helping the new owner with the silver 50 Phil sold. I remember the thread about him back at Cig was an error.

TopGun
12-08-2009, 05:15 PM
I would think that Neil has a few Ciggy shirts in his closet!! Does anyone know what he's doing these days?

cashbrain
12-08-2009, 11:03 PM
He wasnt in August and the story that I got from a couple of ex Cigarette employees is pretty interesting. Im almost 100% positive that Neil isnt back at Cigarette.

Spill it .....

While Neil was very knowledgable and probably the person that helped Skip transition, I always thought he was acting a little arrogant. I had talked to Neil many times and when Skip bought Cig, I think it may have gone to his head a little.
I like the old Neil...

12-09-2009, 12:32 AM
Neil was Cigarette!

Totally agree. :(

THEJOKER
12-09-2009, 09:39 AM
Totally agree. :(

Yep no doubt.