PDA

View Full Version : 1 more nice video

DAREDEVIL
11-29-2009, 11:25 AM
WOW

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o94ZHLXzTZM&NR=1

DrGaryDC
11-29-2009, 12:18 PM
This is how true offshore racing is done. Not these 30 minute races where your drives are just warming up before its over. I grew up with the 150 mile races where speed, power, and longevity was key, not bracket racing. But here we are in 2009 and gonna play by the rules of today. I would do things differently if i was president of an organization. Primarily, is bringing spectators and money to race sites, create a great show for the fans, and make it an all out war on the water
G.R.

DAREDEVIL
11-29-2009, 12:28 PM
Well,,,a little problem is that the fuel tanks of the newer race boats are only good for 100 Miles max ,,,even less !!!!!!:eek:

DrGaryDC
11-29-2009, 01:02 PM
ah, that would be a problem, wouldnt it. Got it

DAREDEVIL
11-29-2009, 01:08 PM
ah, that would be a problem, wouldnt it. Got it

LOL, most of them can hold 60-65 gallons !!!!!!

Mine holds 115 !! Which i never use .:bump:

But then again 60 miles races with less laps would be cool too !!!!!!
And go farther out .

cashbrain
11-29-2009, 01:13 PM
That is the original LONGSHOT driven by Billy Elswick :driving:

smokeybandit
11-29-2009, 01:17 PM
Something I find interesting is that you don't see any video from the races on these new short courses. Why is that? If racing is so much more exciting now, why doesn't someone at least post some teaser video of the great racing? Something from a helicopter would be preferable. They seem to be able to do it overseas. I see plenty of footage from P1, but nothing from SBI, OSS or OPA.

DAREDEVIL
11-29-2009, 01:19 PM
Something I find interesting is that you don't see any video from the races on these new short courses. Why is that? If racing is so much more exciting now, why doesn't someone at least post some teaser video of the great racing? Something from a helicopter would be preferable. They seem to be able to do it overseas. I see plenty of footage from P1, but nothing from SBI, OSS or OPA.

Who said its more exciting ?????:confused:

ITS WHAT WE HAVE ,,,thats about it !!:rolleyes::sifone:

smokeybandit
11-29-2009, 01:21 PM
I was called out on another website for saying that the racing today is boring. He said that the racing today is way more exciting than anything we did back then.

DAREDEVIL
11-29-2009, 01:26 PM
I was called out on another website for saying that the racing today is boring. He said that the racing today is way more exciting than anything we did back then.

Do u believe everything they say ???? :sifone:

Lets just say its different and leave it at that ?!

I think its still cool and exciting but if i look at the old videos ,,,,,mmmmmmhhhh,, i wish i would of been there !!!!!!!

cashbrain
11-29-2009, 01:58 PM
Who said its more exciting ?????:confused:

ITS WHAT WE HAVE ,,,thats about it !!:rolleyes::sifone:

I agree...I have been looking at a distance race from the Upper area of Michigan ending in Gary,Indiana.
A true Offshore Race...this is a great piece of history that has been lost because promoters want to allow spectators the ability to watch a race.
Without headsets and an announcer,though, it's just boats going in a circle.:icon_bs:

MikeyFIN
11-29-2009, 01:58 PM
Offtopic.

Scott and others.. just go over to Europe and Race TRUE OFFSHORE.
I mean 3-5ī seas like we had in the Class 3C Europeans this summer... 5 laps each lap at 15 miles, two races one on saturday one on sunday and our speed with the little lake boats as Scott called them..in those seas 90+ constantly with an average over 80 each lap more than some P racers could do as top speed in KW....
Still a lot less work than roadracing which takes from thursday to sunday on track the whole race weekend.
Yes Iīve mellowed quite a bit as I took offshore as my choice of racing , plus you canīt bump anyone out of the way in offshore...

Options for a Deep Vee would be Round Britain 2012 , Roslagsloppet, Cowes- Torquey-Cowes, P1 circuit... a lot of options.

SBI Clearwater for example... should be called a circuit race and every other race like that.
I mean come on an 2.5 mile oval basically around 100yrds from the beach and the total race 1/5th of what we do over here at Minimum.

The way guys race over in the US as we speak I might even be skeptic about the True offshore races overthere ( Offshore sailing).

Going back to back in the days would cut a lot of budget racers out of offshore and the spectators might get bored if not big screens are put up just like in road racing when the spectators have blind spots but thenagain... everybody would be happy or at least almost.

But Back to topic:

Scott thatīs one of the best videos outthere, thank you for sharing.

DrGaryDC
11-29-2009, 02:03 PM
I can see the point of less laps being a disappointment for the spectators. Where are the big water races. We have been accustome to flat lake water racing that now if there are 4-5' seas, the race could be called off. These boats built today could never last in races of the 80's. It would be a sea of fiberglass,kevlar, and carbon fiber...haha
G

MikeyFIN
11-29-2009, 02:22 PM
I can see the point of less laps being a disappointment for the spectators. Where are the big water races. We have been accustome to flat lake water racing that now if there are 4-5' seas, the race could be called off. These boats built today could never last in races of the 80's. It would be a sea of fiberglass,kevlar, and carbon fiber...haha
G

The Big water races ...thatīs a good one but KW this year at least on test day had some big sea.

Other than that mostly moderate seas.

Going to discuss about the strength of the new boats, well have to disagree on this one, even back in the day boats did break.

Now the Real Warpath has a sign in the hull of those days Iīm told..

cashbrain
11-29-2009, 02:26 PM
The Big water races ...thatīs a good one but KW this year at least on test day had some big sea.

Other than that mostly moderate seas.

Going to discuss about the strength of the new boats, well have to disagree on this one, even back in the day boats did break.

Now the Real Warpath has a sign in the hull of those days Iīm told..

The Great Lakes are Big Water Races...alot more so than the ocean sometimes

Rookie
11-29-2009, 03:15 PM
WOW

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o94ZHLXzTZM&NR=1

Did I just actually watch over 2 minutes of video and not see 4 orange turn buoys? Holy S#it what were those guys thinking!!

Great video the first 2:00 mins were awesome and the last 1:10 is speaks for itself.

Thanks for posting

DrGaryDC
11-29-2009, 03:17 PM
I agree, if thats not racing, i dont know what is