PDA

View Full Version : Video ,,,,,,wow

DAREDEVIL
11-27-2009, 11:37 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0ELdyeiFMQ&feature=related

glassdave
11-28-2009, 01:56 AM
somewhere on these message boards is Brownies recount of that mishap. Heres a bit of it, wish i could find the whole thing its pretty good. He tells about building it and how they ended up running the boat beyond what it was intended for. If I remember correctly it was built as a very light kilo boat, changed a few hands and ended up being raced dispite warnings.

Originally Posted by BROWNIE
. . . . . Li'l Fayva magically transformed into an acre of orange plywood in 1 unbelievable second Thanks to our cameraman, about a hundred million people got a firsthand look at our engineering capability.

Lots of the pieces were tethered together by wires and hoses and such, and I towed the whole mess a couple of miles to the beach. There was still one engine and drive intact. It was at that point that we decided to only build raceboats out of materials with a specific gravity of 1+, so that at least, it would have the courtesy to sink.

MikeyFIN
11-28-2009, 04:46 AM
This video without the norwegian text has been on boatmad for "ages".
I recommend everyone to look their vaults...

Uncle Dave
12-21-2009, 08:57 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0ELdyeiFMQ&feature=related

Talk about on the edge.

Thats fing awesome look at that thing moving around it half kite half boat.

I like the no remorse attitude of the driver-its just business.

UD

Bobby Sheer
12-21-2009, 09:53 PM
I was right behind and seaward, and saw the whole thing firsthand. The piece you see, flying through the air, is one of the engines, still pumping water. Tore it right out of the stringers. Just tripped, like that, and it was all over.

FastDonzi
12-21-2009, 11:02 PM
The same year Toleman and Smitty set the Class 1 Kilo record at 95mph this Little cat went 120+ and surely would have set the record, one requirement was it had to have actually Raced, in a real race, and finish in a respectful position.....Wellllll, That didn't happen. It did make it a couple miles though. it was a learning experience for eveyone involved, certainly for Bob and Michele:cuss::driving:

Tom A.
12-22-2009, 04:28 PM
Wow! The Golden days of offshore and the experimenting and development that went with it!

runninhotracing
12-22-2009, 07:16 PM
Wow! The Golden days of offshore and the experimenting and development that went with it!

+1

ROCK ON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:sifone:
ITS A SKATER NATION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!