PDA

View Full Version : Mark threads read

MarylandMark
11-27-2009, 05:54 PM
I can't figure out what the fix is for this...

I use to hit "new posts" and it would show all the new threads since I last logged in.

Then I hit the "mark forums read" under the quick links on the grey tool bar.

Now when I log in; it shows all the threads that have new post as well as a list under the bold banner

"The threads below have not been updated since your last visit or since forums have been marked read."

Can I be reset or some thing- I liked it better the old way. That way when I logged in, it would show 3 pages or 15 pages or whatever of new posts. The longer duration between log ins, the more pages there were.

The way it is for me now, I log in and there are always like 5 pages so I allot X amount of time to reading only to find out only the 1st page or 2 is of things I care about and then rest are under the bold banner"...marked read". Then I have nothing to do for an hour or so which is kind of p1ssing my boss off because I sit with my feet up vs looking like I'm working...

MarylandMark
12-03-2009, 11:54 AM
Is the IT guy on va-kay this week?

cigdaze
12-03-2009, 12:16 PM
The link for new posts is:
http://www.seriousoffshore.com/forums/search.php?do=getdaily

You can manually bookmark this, to get your desired results:
http://www.seriousoffshore.com/forums/search.php?do=getnew

cigdaze
12-03-2009, 12:17 PM
Alternately, you can logout and log back in to reset your activity log, and/or clear all cookies and re-log in.

MarylandMark
12-05-2009, 10:21 AM
It looks like the "New Posts" button on the toolbar is pointed at "get daily" where it use to be pointed at "get new"?

New is new; was it changed and can it be changed back?

Alternately, you can logout and log back in to reset your activity log, and/or clear all cookies and re-log in.

I've done this. It looks like I am being remembered on the servers, not on my computers as I've cleaned every thing (wipe & ccleaner), rebooted, etc with the same result. I've logged in on 4-5 different computers with the same result- last visit remembered by the servers vs my computer.

Since I'm the only complainer we can have it my way right? :willy_nilly:

cigdaze
12-05-2009, 12:53 PM
Yes it was changed to the way it is now...about 4 months ago. We like it like this. :)
You can always just stop reading when you get to the split line, or like I said bookmark the "get new" link.
When we next do out facelift, we'll try to get both buttons at the top.

:cool: