PDA

View Full Version : The Official LEVERAGE POLISH Thread

MarineClean
11-12-2008, 05:03 PM
Howdy folks! The powers that be and myself have decided to continue some of our old threads.

This thread will be dedicated to Leverage Polish Q & A. If you need help or advice just ask.

Our old thread was 25+ pages filled with allot of useful information, but it took along time to scroll through. I would like this thread to contain Leverage Polish questions only and anything with the final shine of your Boat, Trailer, Tow Rig, RV, Cars, Bikes & Toys.

We will have seperate Threads for Vinyl/Leather Care, Oxidation Removal, Buffing & Wedsanding 101 and a Leverage Photo Thread for everyone. I'll do my best in getting everything over, but please feel free to add some of your experiences.

Thanks, Donnie

MarineClean
11-12-2008, 05:08 PM
If the boat already has a shine with No oxidation or staining then you need the Polish only. I apply the polish by hand with 2 terry cloth towels. I spray 1 towel 5-6 times and wipe on(no hard scrubbing needed). I wipe down the entire boat with a light coat then I come back and wipe the light residue off with the 2 dry towel(polish entire boat then wipe off). I also polish all of the interior fiberglass, dash, metal and gauges as well. The boat dosen't have to be spotless before you apply the polish, but it needs to be dry. The polish has a very mild cleaning agent that will remove things like spider crap, dust and pollen.

If Oxidation, Fading or Staining is present then you need to start with the (OR)Oxidation Remover. I use the OR with a rotary buffer and a wool pad unless I'm removing small black streaks or cleaning the transom then I work by hand. I've used the Harbor Freight buffers for years and they are great especially for the money! All of my employees use this buffer and I've never had any breakdowns or damage. http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=90820

Before I buff I always wash the boat down or wipe it down with a wet towel then towel dry. I apply small, thin lines of the OR to the surface(not directly to the pad)and start the buffer at 1200-1400 if the oxidation is bad then hit it a second time at about 2400 to remove any excess residue. I've found it best to use seperate wool pads for each color especially if the oxidation is bad. Most colors will tend to bleed as you are removing the oxidation/fading. If the fiberglass has very mild fading/oxidation then you should be able to run the buffer at 2400-2600 and be done. After I'm finished then I rinse the boat down or a damp towel with fresh water and towel dry. I usually like to come back the next day and apply my Leverage Polish after everything is dry. Then apply the polish according to the directions above.
If the OR is not removing all of the imperfections then wetsanding might be needed for a flawless finish.

All of the Directions are on the bottles, but I like to post up in case anyone has any questions.

Donnie

MarineClean
11-20-2008, 10:40 PM
Also try my Polish on your Isen and Glass windows. The shine and clarity is great!

inbetween
11-20-2008, 11:02 PM
Do you use the same polish for Gelcoat and bsecoat/clearcoat.

MarineClean
11-20-2008, 11:08 PM
Do you use the same polish for Gelcoat and bsecoat/clearcoat.

Yes sir!

I also use it on my cars, bikes, enclosed trailers and toys.

MarineClean
01-29-2009, 01:29 AM
New label with more detailed directions.