PDA

View Full Version : Another e-bay Cig

cosmic12
11-19-2009, 10:56 PM
Never seen this one before, wish it didn't have the trs

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200406631129&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

DAREDEVIL
11-19-2009, 11:03 PM

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200406631129&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Thats a nice one !!!!! SOLID AS A ROCK I BET !

Change the TRS to #4's and power up ,,,u be ahead of the game !!!

cosmic12
11-19-2009, 11:06 PM
How about this?
Just little to much though, Bounty Hunter went for less if I remember correctly

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170407103606&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

DAREDEVIL
11-19-2009, 11:19 PM
How about this?
Just little to much though, Bounty Hunter went for less if I remember correctly

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170407103606&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

I think thats a good price it also wasn't run as hard as bounty hunter !!!!!!!

RebarBox
11-21-2009, 12:12 AM

Good price?:ack2:

That POS has been on E-bay for the last 4 years. Arguably one of the fugliest boats to ever leave Cigarette. I believe there's a reason why they only made two of them. You should buy it so we don't have to see it listed anymore.:sifone:

Chris
11-21-2009, 12:18 AM
Billy Martin told me that the Bubble Deck boat was the worst boat he'd ever run. Said it was horribly slow.

That's Al Copeland's boat under that hideous paint. The guy selling it has more in listing fees than he'll ever get for it.

Chris
11-21-2009, 12:20 AM

We got along for a long time with TRS drives. They're still plentiful and cheap. And tougher than Bravos. But that's not this boat's problem. It's no flyweight and the wide beam doesn't lend itself to any ass hauling speeds. The drives aren't the problem, the engines are though. 55 mph. Maybe.

MOBILEMERCMAN
11-21-2009, 12:36 AM
Yea that thing will eat engines.. WOT everywhere at 50 55 mph. It probably has 19" props on it. Aftermarket interior. Aftermarket repowered engines.

Chris
11-21-2009, 12:47 AM
Yeah, it's the sort of boat that a newbie buys 'cause he's thinking he's getting a Cig on the cheap. He's a guy that's not going to be in the sport for long and the boat will deal him a massive loss.

glassdave
11-21-2009, 02:43 AM
i still like that 'ol bubble deck :D

MikeyFIN
11-21-2009, 04:06 AM
Never liked the bubbledecks myself and yes that one has been for sale for stupid money before, nothing new.
Theres 90´s gun for that price on the market.
And that 36... solid as a rock or just a paint job etc... looks cheapo alltheway.

cosmic12
11-21-2009, 08:42 AM
Yeah, it's the sort of boat that a newbie buys 'cause he's thinking he's getting a Cig on the cheap. He's a guy that's not going to be in the sport for long and the boat will deal him a massive loss.

He's not me, I just saw them and thought I would post'em for discussion.
I had or have no interest in eather one.:ack2:

Trim'd Up
11-21-2009, 08:50 AM
The guy with the bubble deck needs to come back to earth. It has been on ebay a dozen times without a single bidder. It may be a Cig, but I wouldn't give 10% of what he is asking for it.:ack2:

cashbrain
11-21-2009, 09:08 AM

Not necessarily...That boat may only do 55,but that is in almost any kind of conditions.
Personally,I love the Old School boats...they have an attitude that alot of the newer boats don't have. My Mistress may have been a tank,but, what a great ride that was.
And I have been on ALOT of boats...
The Bubble Copeland boat is the same bottom as Longshot was. The same step aft. I have seen that boat run in NOLA and it was one of the fastest out there...along with Hoggie.
Just a different style....

DAREDEVIL
11-21-2009, 09:54 AM
not necessarily...that boat may only do 55,but that is in almost any kind of conditions.
Personally,i love the old school boats...they have an attitude that alot of the newer boats don't have. My mistress may have been a tank,but, what a great ride that was.
And i have been on alot of boats...
The bubble copeland boat is the same bottom as longshot was. The same step aft. I have seen that boat run in nola and it was one of the fastest out there...along with hoggie.
Just a different style....

yep !!!!!!!

MikeyFIN
11-21-2009, 11:30 AM
Not necessarily...That boat may only do 55,but that is in almost any kind of conditions.

When you go slow enough on plane any ride will feel good and one can dream of owning a Big Boat.

At 55 you can run on any kinda conditions with just about anyboat.

cashbrain
11-21-2009, 11:36 AM
When you go slow enough on plane any ride will feel good and one can dream of owning a Big Boat.

At 55 you can run on any kinda conditions with just about anyboat.

Apparently you haven't been on the great lakes...washboard water...
not a chance that "any" boat can do 55 in those conditions. Anything sub 35 feet will get the crap knocked out of you..under 30..forget it. This lake will swallow you up.

Most of the old racers have said time and time again that Lake Michigan is one of the most brutal bodies of water. I was on a FD 38 Cig at maybe 40-50 and it was the ride of my life...but er were in 6's +

Chris
11-21-2009, 11:41 AM
i still like that 'ol bubble deck :D

Oh yeah. Cool classic. I ran right next to Bounty Hunter last year in Key West. It was like being in a time machine.

Expensive Date
11-21-2009, 02:22 PM
Oh yeah. Cool classic. I ran right next to Bounty Hunter last year in Key West. It was like being in a time machine.

Then its true you can walk on water.:)

Chris
11-21-2009, 02:24 PM
Shhhh!

Davidmnc
11-21-2009, 02:39 PM
Then its true you can walk on water.:)

He's that damn good! :26:

imco offshore
11-21-2009, 03:03 PM
yea, before it,s all over i want to build a wide body 36,,like kopper kettle,,? love that boat

Chris
11-21-2009, 03:16 PM
Marc Berman and I spoke at length about his 36 Cig raceboat. He pointed out that the beam and bow flare really added lift over 100mph and to kill the effect, he put a water tank and a set of huhe tabs on it. If you're going to build one, marc is the guy to talk to.

MikeyFIN
11-21-2009, 03:40 PM
Apparently you haven't been on the great lakes...washboard water...

Great lakes no washboard yes.
Would love to try Great Lakes

The Northern Baltic and North Sea I´m familiar with, all washboard.
The best water to train any boat..even sailboats.

The Great Lakes have been compared to our neck of woods of the Baltic... the grave of Estonia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MS_Estonia) is only 30 miles from me.

cosmic12
11-21-2009, 04:57 PM

When we were at the Camebridge race I was in the 3rd turn scoreing for the race and the other guys on the boat asked me why I got so excited every time Bounty Hunter came around, I just looked at them with a puzzled look and said your kidding right?
I loved watching that boat run.:drool5:

cashbrain
11-22-2009, 11:41 AM
Marc Berman and I spoke at length about his 36 Cig raceboat. He pointed out that the beam and bow flare really added lift over 100mph and to kill the effect, he put a water tank and a set of huhe tabs on it. If you're going to build one, marc is the guy to talk to.

I was on BAM 25 years ago when Marc owned Marina City Marina. We wore ski goggles and it was the first boat I was on that went 100...
it was nothing short of scary,but,Marc is a an excellent driver and knew the boat very well...
BAM was one BAD MOFO

Next Generation
11-27-2009, 07:24 PM
When we were at the Camebridge race I was in the 3rd turn scoreing for the race and the other guys on the boat asked me why I got so excited every time Bounty Hunter came around, I just looked at them with a puzzled look and said your kidding right?
I loved watching that boat run.:drool5:

Thanks, Sorry we didn't give you a better show. lol

Jr.

JupiterSunsation
11-29-2009, 09:26 AM
The guy with the bubble deck Cig is the same guy that owns the Bonefish Spectre that was 1/2 repainted after the substantial repair without any hint about it in the description.

HIGH LIFE
11-29-2009, 12:50 PM
I was following the bidding a the bubble deck, listed as FAYVA SHOES, originally BOUNTY HUNTER...Sold for $35 K plus $4K in storage. Wanted to buy in the worst way!! But had to send the money to pay for my daughters college !! "HIGH LIFE"

Next Generation
12-06-2009, 03:00 PM

Sure it was, Maybe even Harder lol Here is My Father in it Running it for Halter