PDA

View Full Version : 01 Lipship TS TG story?

sledge
11-19-2009, 05:42 PM
http://www.powerboatlistings.com/view/7242

Only went back a couple pages and didn't see it mentioned. How is the pricing on this one? High hours and not as clean as the ad would have you believe. Almost looks like it maybe held a little extra water at some point? Pics look like Larry's new place in N. Miami.

Biggus
11-19-2009, 07:02 PM
http://www.powerboatlistings.com/view/7242

Only went back a couple pages and didn't see it mentioned. How is the pricing on this one? High hours and not as clean as the ad would have you believe. Almost looks like it maybe held a little extra water at some point? Pics look like Larry's new place in N. Miami.

I read on one of the other boards that this boat sold????

sledge
11-19-2009, 07:16 PM
Could be scam, but current local ad: http://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/boa/1473350949.html

JupiterSunsation
11-19-2009, 07:49 PM
I know the boat......it was from North Palm Beach, FL. 3 partners bought the boat, put 600+ hours on it, it got repo'd and sold at National Liquidators. Motors/Drives are original and despite the boat being run WFO every chance it got the thing never broke and they have never been opened up. Boat sold at NL for low 80's the current owner is trying to "flip" the boat....he has owned it for almost a year so the "flip" isn't working out too well for him......

sledge
11-20-2009, 02:04 PM
Thanks Jup.

RLJ676
11-21-2009, 08:01 PM
I know the boat......it was from North Palm Beach, FL. 3 partners bought the boat, put 600+ hours on it, it got repo'd and sold at National Liquidators. Motors/Drives are original and despite the boat being run WFO every chance it got the thing never broke and they have never been opened up. Boat sold at NL for low 80's the current owner is trying to "flip" the boat....he has owned it for almost a year so the "flip" isn't working out too well for him......

This is correct on the price.

I have a bunch of pics Nat'l sent me as this was bought after the bank made a counter to my offer.

In the boat trader add it states new carpet/interior, which it desperately needed. He also added the trailer. So, if it has new interior/carpet and a new myco the only concern would be if the motors were refreshed. Overall, it could still be a decent deal for someone if all that work's done. I really like the paint on this boat too.

Cigdude
11-21-2009, 08:17 PM
Seems like it had 700+hrs on it several yrs ago. I could be wrong though.

inbetween
11-22-2009, 12:23 AM
That sure is a good looking cig! (at least from the pics)

BRD
11-22-2009, 10:56 AM
I looked at this one a few years ago . It was one of the Raul Boessel boats that Philly did . At that time it was ready for fresh everything ! Nice lookin boat no doubt !

JupiterSunsation
11-22-2009, 12:04 PM
Seems like it had 700+hrs on it several yrs ago. I could be wrong though.

every ad I saw in the last 2 years quoted 600+....boat probably hasn't been run much in 09 between the repo and the current owner worried about running a "time bomb"

RLJ676
11-22-2009, 05:51 PM
every ad I saw in the last 2 years quoted 600+....boat probably hasn't been run much in 09 between the repo and the current owner worried about running a "time bomb"

That and it's been a flip job from day one, so I'd doubt he's put any hours on it. When I was looking I'm pretty sure it was 624 at National, and you were able to confirm it hadden't been opened up, making it most certainly a timebomb.

Like you said when it was bought for that price, too rich especially if the only plan was to selll it.

ktm2212
12-01-2009, 05:59 PM
I looked at the boat last week. Def rough by northern standards but again priced below market so have to take that into consideration. Guys had basically no history on the boat or didn't want to share with me so that's what scared me off. Motors sounded good considering the hours but drives didn't move real well on the trailer. Still a project boat in my opinion.

Tank
12-01-2009, 08:18 PM
700+ hours on the motors by people that pretty much didn't give a sh!t about how it was run??? What a testament to those 500EFI's! Great motors.

JupiterSunsation
12-01-2009, 08:25 PM
700+ hours on the motors by people that pretty much didn't give a sh!t about how it was run??? What a testament to those 500EFI's! Great motors.

+1 ....... and not enough HP to snap the drives....:driving:

top ven
12-01-2009, 09:52 PM
we have almost 400 hrs. on our 500 s

BRAD SCHOENWALD
12-05-2009, 02:34 PM
we have almost 400 hrs. on our 500 s

I have about 450 and my boat runs like it did with less than 100 hours. Of course a tremendous amount of PM.

The boat listed is the real deal. I showed it a few weeks ago. The interior was redone by Fineline and the motors were rebuilt a while ago. The actual hours on the rebuilds is not known but compression and leak down came out great.

The boat does require a bit of touch up i.e. bubbled paint on seat bases, gauge panels, bezels, naca duct covers, etc. But for the money it is a great buy. I own an 2001 and for the money these have to be the best boats around considering purchase price and cost of ownership.

If you are interested in this boat I will send you the pics of all the little things rather than the pics that make it look like a 10. All said it is a great buy.

cashbrain
12-05-2009, 02:47 PM
Ok...I don't get this...
the boat is very nice...the you look at the dash,very nice,as well. and then you see a bigazz Garmin BROWN cover. What the hell is Garmin thinking and why don't they have a cover to match(maybe they do?)
Just bugs me that it sticks out like a sore thumb...

WMF
12-05-2009, 03:28 PM
I talked with the owner of the boat, the port motor just blew on Thursday! he said he is having it replaced this week

JupiterSunsation
12-05-2009, 06:40 PM
I have about 450 and my boat runs like it did with less than 100 hours. Of course a tremendous amount of PM.

The boat listed is the real deal. I showed it a few weeks ago. The interior was redone by Fineline and the motors were rebuilt a while ago. The actual hours on the rebuilds is not known but compression and leak down came out great.

The boat does require a bit of touch up i.e. bubbled paint on seat bases, gauge panels, bezels, naca duct covers, etc. But for the money it is a great buy. I own an 2001 and for the money these have to be the best boats around considering purchase price and cost of ownership.

If you are interested in this boat I will send you the pics of all the little things rather than the pics that make it look like a 10. All said it is a great buy.

Brad you know the last owner (North Palm Beach)......he bragged about never opening those motors/drives......so unless the current owner did the rebuilds they are original. From WMF's post sounds like one of the time bombs went off last week! :eek:

Cigdude
12-06-2009, 02:47 PM
Brad you know the last owner (North Palm Beach)......he bragged about never opening those motors/drives......so unless the current owner did the rebuilds they are original. From WMF's post sounds like one of the time bombs went off last week! :eek:

There went his profit. :eek:

local805
01-30-2010, 03:53 AM
send me details,is boa still for sale??if so,how much??

sledge
01-31-2010, 06:15 PM
http://miami.craigslist.org/search/boa?query=cigarette&catAbbreviation=boa&minAsk=99000&maxAsk=99000

Hasn't been listed for 4 days. Seeing as how it used to get listed every single day, it might actually have been sold.