PDA

View Full Version : Serious LOTO Boaters

Knot 4 Me
11-12-2008, 03:57 PM
Speak out LOTO boaters! What MM are you at or are you just a frequent flyer down there like myself (10 or so times a year for various lengths of stay).

You can find me at the 4MM or 14MM either in my 26' Chaparral or in a 350 SS Formula with one of those newfangled joysticky things in it. :)

Nova26
11-12-2008, 05:55 PM
Have friends that have places up and down the lake or I like to camp on the boat a couple times a year. Trailer from Rolla put in at PB2, run from the Dam to as far as the Salty Seamen on the 62mm most of the time Big Dicks 47mm. Always seem like something to do and some where to go and never enough day light.

Ridin Hood
11-12-2008, 06:08 PM
17.5 MM Osage Beach. We are there every weekend in the summer!!

baywatch
11-12-2008, 08:16 PM
We go down a few times a month and a bit more during the summer. It is exactly two hours door to door for us so sometimes I even just go for the day.

I hate to harsh anyones mellow, but It isn't necessarily a good idea to tell people where you keep your boat at on forums like this. There are a lot of sticky fingers out there and if they know what is under that Mooring cover they might be more apt to rip you off.

I used to have my MM and area listed but after a friend of mine got ripped off and he said whomever the culprit was knew what they were doing thanks to a post he had placed with pics the week before on another forum I removed all that info about myself.

Knot 4 Me
11-13-2008, 12:49 PM
We go down a few times a month and a bit more during the summer. It is exactly two hours door to door for us so sometimes I even just go for the day.

I hate to harsh anyones mellow, but It isn't necessarily a good idea to tell people where you keep your boat at on forums like this. There are a lot of sticky fingers out there and if they know what is under that Mooring cover they might be more apt to rip you off.

I used to have my MM and area listed but after a friend of mine got ripped off and he said whomever the culprit was knew what they were doing thanks to a post he had placed with pics the week before on another forum I removed all that info about myself.Never thought about that. How about just state the area you usually boat in at LOTO?

2 hours away would be so nice. It is a 4:45 drive by car and a bit longer towing the boat for us. Heading down there seems not so bad...driving back home always sucks! :(

baywatch
11-13-2008, 07:31 PM
Never thought about that. How about just state the area you usually boat in at LOTO?

2 hours away would be so nice. It is a 4:45 drive by car and a bit longer towing the boat for us. Heading down there seems not so bad...driving back home always sucks! :(

I just meant that some people are extremely specific (giving slip #'s etc) which would make it very easy for the scum bags that think it is cool to rip people off.

We are in Osage Beach. We usually boat in the areas between the hurricane deck bridge and the gravois arm.

WeaponX
11-13-2008, 11:48 PM
Never heard of LOTO what's it all about??

Just kidding,, 13MM Porto Cima .......South Side Style:sifone:

baywatch
11-14-2008, 08:31 AM
Bunch of hillbillys in dem parts. The weekend warriors aren't so bad though:rofl:.

Never heard of LOTO what's it all about

Knot 4 Me
11-14-2008, 09:49 AM
I just meant that some people are extremely specific (giving slip #'s etc) which would make it very easy for the scum bags that think it is cool to rip people off.

We are in Osage Beach. We usually boat in the areas between the hurricane deck bridge and the gravois arm.Wow, I wouldn't expect people to be that specific. Speaking of scum bags, my buddy's house in Country Club Cove got broke into last weekend. Whomever it was had a construction code for the garage door opener. Those codes are now cleared out.

WeaponX
11-14-2008, 03:55 PM
Wow, I wouldn't expect people to be that specific. Speaking of scum bags, my buddies house in Country Club Cove got broke into last weekend. Whomever it was had a construction code for the garage door opener. Those codes are now cleared out.

If they are still using the same code style I could have got into his house. About a 100 Mexicans and Russians as well. :ack2:

WeaponX
11-14-2008, 03:56 PM
Bunch of hillbillys in dem parts. The weekend warriors aren't so bad though:rofl:.

We is a good bunch over heren though.:)

Knot 4 Me
11-14-2008, 05:07 PM
If they are still using the same code style I could have got into his house. About a 100 Mexicans and Russians as well. :ack2:He thought they had been cleared out. He thought wrong!! :sifone: At least the alarm scared the dude off and nothing was taken or disturbed.

baywatch
11-14-2008, 10:31 PM
We is a good bunch over heren though.:)

Sho is:):)

h2oboy
11-15-2008, 02:52 AM
Another St. Louis'n here - usually trailer the boat down and stay wherever. The past couple of year though (during the summer), I've left the boat in storage at the lake, and just drove the truck down to put it in the water.

I'm either at the lake, or up here on the river - when conditions are good.

baywatch
11-15-2008, 08:09 AM
Another St. Louis'n here - usually trailer the boat down and stay wherever. The past couple of year though (during the summer), I've left the boat in storage at the lake, and just drove the truck down to put it in the water.

I'm either at the lake, or up here on the river - when conditions are good.

Love that Avatar Andy!!!

Griff
11-15-2008, 02:47 PM
We're down at the Lake 4-6 times a season. Its about a 6hr drive towing the boat so we usually try and stay at least 4 nights. Usually do a couple trips with the kids. We've got a few different places that we stay between 12mm and 21mm. I'll probably buy a condo in the future, but right now I just don't think I would be able to use it enough.

In2Deep
11-17-2008, 11:50 AM
Gravois Arm. Get there every time I can.
I2D

MOSCARAB
11-19-2008, 12:13 AM
Down on the Gravois as well. Usually stick between the house and Frankie and Louie's but we venture farther every once in a while.

What's your favorite spots to grab a drink?

Griff
11-19-2008, 01:11 AM
Dog Days, Shorty Pants, BWJ's, Franky & Louie's, Shady Gators

doug
11-19-2008, 02:01 AM
I am originally from Dubuque, Ia. but moved to California 20 yrs. ago without ever visiting LOTO until 4 yrs. ago. I had the best vacation of my life and have been back every year since. I pulled my boat 2000 miles one way from Sacramento Ca. last year to the lake and again had a great time. The trip home was pretty long but I am planning a trip for 2009, again with my boat. You guys are very fortunate to live as close as you do to some of the best boating in the country. The area and people are as good as it gets. Doug

Trim'd Up
11-19-2008, 08:12 AM
Damn, and I ***** about driving a coupl of hours.

doug
11-19-2008, 10:50 AM
Yes, it is a very long drive. There is no direct way to drive to the lake and I make the drive alone and have Teresa and anyone else fly in to St. Louis and pick up a rental car and meet me there. Is that the closest large airport? I am jealous of you guys. We have the Sacramento Delta which has a lot of water but is not as developed. Enjoy the lake. Doug

TIKI
11-19-2008, 01:28 PM
LOTO 3MM. Only 1hr 50 minutes door to door to our condo. We bring dinner with us on Fridays during the summer months and we're on the water by 6-6:30. We usually stay all day Sunday & leave around 7-8 after dinner....that way the kids fall asleep on the drive home & we just carry them into bed. We're usually in the lower 10 MM between the dam & Frankie & Louie's. We have a 5 & 7 year old; so visit the kid friendly places....F & L's, Coconuts, Jolly Rogers......and friend's docks.

In2Deep
11-19-2008, 07:01 PM
I moved to KC from SoCal 2 years ago. Bought a place at LOTO within the first 6 months in KC. Unexpected twist brought me down to Austin.....so-long KC. Kept the LOTO house, but sux not to go there every summer weekend. Was 2 hours door to door...now 12. Oh well. Family fell in love with LOTO. Will retire there someday.

I2D.

nortech4play
11-19-2008, 11:54 PM
we have a lake house down at the lake and were down there almost every weekend in the summer and I get down at least a couple times a month to check things out in the winter, when I can't I just log onto my camera's and check everything out...we have projects going on all over so I like to come down during the week when possible...it's a little over 365 miles one way and 5:15 hours door to door, even less with the wifey driving....LOL...depending on the weekend we can be over by PC or up to Big Dicks for some fun...

Mentalpause
11-20-2008, 07:20 PM
He thought they had been cleared out. He thought wrong!! :sifone: At least the alarm scared the dude off and nothing was taken or disturbed.

Well, you are the 2nd to the last one that set that alarm off.:26:

I've never let it go off - but here tell that loud siren in the attic will pretty much wake the whole neighborhood up. Evidently it worked!

With the new cameras next time I will have video!

LotoSteve
11-20-2008, 07:44 PM
I am originally from Dubuque, Ia. but moved to California 20 yrs. ago without ever visiting LOTO until 4 yrs. ago. I had the best vacation of my life and have been back every year since. I pulled my boat 2000 miles one way from Sacramento Ca. last year to the lake and again had a great time. The trip home was pretty long but I am planning a trip for 2009, again with my boat. You guys are very fortunate to live as close as you do to some of the best boating in the country. The area and people are as good as it gets. Doug

Made that round trip a few years back when I bought a 28 Apache from the Discovery Bay area. Had a great time boating on a bunch of lakes and San Fransisco Bay on the way home but man thats a long haul :ack2: Btw, I really enjoyed Discover Bay and I would bet at some point it will get just as developed as loto which isnt nessesarily a good thing...

10 MM. Condo at the mouth of F & L cove. 2 hours door to door. Down almost every weekend from April to October.

Tommy Gun
11-20-2008, 10:53 PM
We're down most every weekend year round...love it.

Southside rocks!

Still haven't winterized the cruiser (bilge and interior heaters), will go for a cruise next week sometime!

BDiggity
11-21-2008, 02:56 PM
we stay where ever we rent a condo. :biggrinjester: would like to get our own place there some day.

Knot 4 Me
11-21-2008, 03:01 PM
Well, you are the 2nd to the last one that set that alarm off.:26:

I've never let it go off - but here tell that loud siren in the attic will pretty much wake the whole neighborhood up. Evidently it worked!

With the new cameras next time I will have video!I blame it on my 44 year old eyesight! :blush5: And yes, it is damn loud!!!

Dont be looking at those cameras when I am down there. You might go blind! :03:

Mentalpause
11-22-2008, 10:02 PM
I blame it on my 44 year old eyesight! :blush5: And yes, it is damn loud!!!

Dont be looking at those cameras when I am down there. You might go blind! :03:

Next time you will be cuffed and off to jail.:dupe:

Chart
11-23-2008, 02:24 PM
Yes, it is a very long drive. There is no direct way to drive to the lake and I make the drive alone and have Teresa and anyone else fly in to St. Louis and pick up a rental car and meet me there. Is that the closest large airport? I am jealous of you guys. We have the Sacramento Delta which has a lot of water but is not as developed. Enjoy the lake. Doug

STL is the closest large airport, but Columbia Regional Airport in Columbia, MO (60 miles north of LOTO)recently started NWA flights to their second hub in Memphis, TN. If your family flew NWA to Columbia, it would greatly reduce your drive time to go get them. (On re-read, I see they rent the car and drive to you, not you going to get them. Columbia would still knock a couple of hours off their drive.)

By the way, thanks for your nice comments about the lake and us people there. Some of us do kind of take it for granted living so close, using it for our weekend homes only and never even think about vacationing there, while people like you drive halfway across the country to get there, year after year.

doug
11-23-2008, 06:53 PM
Every time that I am fortunate enough to free up vacation time, Loto is my first choice. I will hopefully retire there someday. Loto has great boating and great golf courses, reasonable real estate prices and friendly people. Tough commute from northern California or I would own a home there. Can't wait for this summer. Doug

BobOnThis
03-20-2009, 01:09 AM
Never heard of LOTO what's it all about??

Yeah right..he lives in a van down by the water..:26: ~Rasta

imco offshore
07-17-2009, 04:32 PM
hi LOTO , group , i come there once a year to race my boat , we stay at a condo by the Gators,< which is fitting i,m from gainsville fl gator> place , and we are comming back the second weekend of sept, and was wondering if anyone of you might know or own a business that would be willing to advertise ,,put their company name on my boat for that race? i own a 30 ft phantom and race in the svl class. we have a second and a first and third place finish this year and would make someone proud, the team gets 12 team passes to all the functions i only use 4, so we could give 8 people the VIP treatment. thanks for your time svl #10 red/white/blue please pm if anyone interested or 352 266 2955 george jr. thank you :driving::USA:

WeaponX
07-21-2009, 01:38 AM
Yeah right..he lives in a van down by the water..:26: ~Rasta

Just put a outside bath tub behind the van.:biggrinjester: