PDA

View Full Version : Zeiger ITS extension box?

11-19-2009, 01:56 AM
Does anyone have experience or know of someone with experience using the extension box for ITS from Zeiger? I know there are some venders here who carry it, but I would like to hear from someone who has actually used it. :USA:

http://www.everettperformance.com/Zeiger_Performance_marine/Winter_2009/ITS_Extention_Spacer.asp

Ktron
11-24-2009, 01:14 PM
Philly had them on this 07' 38 Top Gun.

rotax454
11-24-2009, 07:39 PM
PM JIMKIDMOTORSPORT on here or over on OSO. He has them on his super sweet 30 Skater.

11-25-2009, 01:35 AM
Just thought of something;

Pushing the drive 5 inches further back is equivlent to dropping the drive about 3/4", Correct?

I know you can raise the X-dimension too but that requires the motor to go up too.

Offshoredrillin
11-29-2009, 10:34 AM
12 inches back equals 1 inch of drop, so 5 inches would be about 3/8s to a half inch. if your trying to lower the shaft, spacers on the drives will be much less painless dollar wise.

11-29-2009, 03:47 PM
12 inches back equals 1 inch of drop, so 5 inches would be about 3/8s to a half inch. if your trying to lower the shaft, spacers on the drives will be much less painless dollar wise.

Actually, I am not trying to drop it by doing this but your suggestion is a less costly way to find out what dropping would do. It has been suggested that dropping it will help handling w/o harming top end. :huh:

Offshoredrillin
11-29-2009, 08:48 PM
Actually, I am not trying to drop it by doing this but your suggestion is a less costly way to find out what dropping would do. It has been suggested that dropping it will help handling w/o harming top end. :huh:

Tres suggested to me that I drop mine about a half inch, I'm going to try it in the spring. he said to turn the props in and it worked perfectly, changed the whole attitude for the better.

11-29-2009, 08:57 PM
Tres suggested to me that I drop mine about a half inch, I'm going to try it in the spring. he said to turn the props in and it worked perfectly, changed the whole attitude for the better.

It was Tres who suggested I go down as well. And he did race a Galdiator. :rolleyes:

I have done extensive reserch on this. I am not an expert, but here is what I have found. If you go back 12" and do not raise the outdrive you will most likely loose speed. Is this outdrive adjustable like the Stellings or strait shaft like the Imco? You could always add a shortie to compensate. Its only money:D After crunching the numbers I am going to recut the transom and raise my propshaft depth from 8" to 5". I do like the built in steering. I will probably be adding external steering and I may rethink the box at that point.

It is a straight shaft extension. You can raise the outdrive but you must raise the transom mounted engine the same amount.

I already have 2" shorties.

Sounds like you aren't starting out with an ITS?

jeffswav
11-29-2009, 09:07 PM
It was Tres who suggested I go down as well. And he did race a Galdiator. :rolleyes:

It is a straight shaft extension. You can raise the outdrive but you must raise the transom mounted engine the same amount.

I already have 2" shorties.

Sounds like you aren't starting out with an ITS?

.After reading your post over again I deleted my post. I see you replied to it already. I thought you were looking for a extension box. You apparently already have the Merc Racing setup and are looking for a 5" spacer. I do not know anything about that product. Let us know what you find out.