PDA

View Full Version : Covergirl cabin in a Cafe

Frank A
11-13-2009, 01:24 PM
Has anybody ever put a Cover girl cabin in a Cafe before. We hardly use our cabin for anything other then beer and storage and was wondering if I could do something different and scrap all that extra weight. Also what does that cabin interior weigh?

Sea-Dated
11-13-2009, 01:27 PM
Never seen it done. In my opinion one of the big selling features of the Cafe' is the very usable cabin.

I don't think you would pick up enough speed to justify ripping out the forward berth.

Tank
11-13-2009, 03:42 PM
Never seen it done. In my opinion one of the big selling features of the Cafe' is the very usable cabin.

I don't think you would pick up enough speed to justify ripping out the forward berth.

Really! Why would you want to take one of the best designed cabins in a performance boat and ruin it by making it one of the worst designed cabins in a performance boat?? Just my opinion but I wish Cig would go back to the days of "usable" cabins. I like sitting at my table when I'm docked or anchored and pooring a red goose for me and the wife. Comfy down there.:sifone:

wnelles
11-13-2009, 04:47 PM
I have had both styles and defiantly like the cover girl allot better. The head in the old style cabin must have been meant to store life jackets and miscellaneous stuff. Not for adult sized guys to use. I never used the table. But in all fairness I only use the one in my house a couple times a year. I did really like the big built in cooler for long weekend trips. The cover girl cabin just doesn’t have all the wasted space and looks cleaner and simpler.

BDiggity
11-13-2009, 07:13 PM
My Cafe is completely stripped due to an upgrade ive been working on. Wife been unemployed a couple times during this process so not going as quickly as i would like. Anyway, i cant see the weight saving being that much if you are talking cushions & hull/head liner. Probably couple hundred pounds would be my guess.

Here are pics of mine to give u idea what it looks like w/ all the liners & cushions out.

clayinaustin
11-13-2009, 07:28 PM
My 1990 Bullet is only 31-feet long, but I love the cabin and the "throne" :D

Seafordguy
11-13-2009, 09:06 PM
I agree with SeaDated. I think that your resale would be horrendous because most people that buy that boat want the cabin, especially in light of the fact that T/S guns are getting so "cheap" now.

Frank A
11-13-2009, 10:13 PM
Okay okay I was thinking it was something to look into. The boat is being sanded right now and going for paint so I figured while it is all apart why not keep going, as far as resale goes I blew that awhile ago I will never get my money back for what I have into her. But then again she will look good and does run strong

Tank
11-14-2009, 02:13 AM
Soooooo whats the paint going to look like?

Seafordguy
11-14-2009, 09:30 AM
Soooooo whats the paint going to look like?

Yeah Frank - let's have a sneak preview!!!

Frank A
11-14-2009, 09:58 AM
Yeah Frank - let's have a sneak preview!!!

I will post a pic of the sketches the painter did when I get back to work on Monday(they are that computer). But it will have a purple blue silver carbon fiber thing going on and fade to all white about 2/3 of the way up. The guy painting is a custome painter who painted for Cig and Fountain, I will also post a link to some of his work. I am getting pretty excited.

Frank A
11-16-2009, 12:46 PM
Okay here are the original mock up hand sketches from my painter. The final design will be a combonation of the top one with more of the layout from the bottom one. Any comments or feedback is appreciated because he is still prepping the boat.

Chris
11-16-2009, 01:24 PM
Don't discount the fact that the liner is quite heavy. Taking that weight off is going to give you speed. Period. Free speed too. You won't burn more gas or break more parts. Plus, you're going to get better balance. Not as pronounced as an effect as in a TG, but you're going to be able to hold the nose up with something other than prop selection. So now you can prop it for pushing it forward without the addition of having to hold the nose up. And that's going to make it faster- freeing up some of that stuck bottom and conserving some power. More free speed.

But don't expect 20 mph :)

On weight- 1,000 lbs is my guess.

Seafordguy
11-17-2009, 12:03 AM
Okay here are the original mock up hand sketches from my painter. The final design will be a combonation of the top one with more of the layout from the bottom one. Any comments or feedback is appreciated because he is still prepping the boat.

I like the concept and color selection.....

I think I would maybe make it a little more "narrow/compact" than the lower one to give the boat that longer look..... Going to be the next great Cafe. I love seeing all these Cafe's getting new paint!!:sifone:

Frank A
11-17-2009, 08:17 AM
I like the concept and color selection.....

I think I would maybe make it a little more "narrow/compact" than the lower one to give the boat that longer look..... Going to be the next great Cafe. I love seeing all these Cafe's getting new paint!!:sifone:

You have a great eye...well at least thats how I saw it as well. The graphics will have a sweeping effect to them and get narrower as they move towards the bow. Thanks for the input I am getting excited! They just did all the cut out for the pop up cleats.

SKRAMER
11-17-2009, 08:29 AM

I like the idea!!!

Frank A
11-19-2009, 05:37 PM
Here are some updated pics

Frank A
12-03-2009, 06:52 PM
Here are my paint colors...won't be long now

Seafordguy
12-03-2009, 11:49 PM
Here are my paint colors...won't be long now

I like those colors alot!!!!

FastTimes