PDA

View Full Version : Mercury Refresh of Transmision

BraceYourself
11-11-2009, 08:49 AM
As a guy that has done it and looking back...

1075 SCi is a great engine and the rebuild program was done well.

I suggest not doing the transmission refresh. In my situation it actually cost me an extra 20K + and a lot of aggrevation to get it resolved.

The original story was deleted for unknown reasons. So hopefully this stays to anyone going through the refresh this winter.

Thanks,
Jeremy

TIKI
11-11-2009, 11:38 AM
Did the Cig sell?

BraceYourself
11-11-2009, 12:31 PM
Did the Cig sell?

Decided to keep it. In the market for a cat as a second boat but am in no hurry. Could not even come close to replacin AM II for the money.

TIKI
11-11-2009, 01:36 PM
AM II is an awesome boat and I don't blame you for keeping it. I hope someone can talk you into bringing it down to LOTO next summer; so I can see it in person!

Next years Shoot Out is August 23 - 29th, 2010:sifone:

BraceYourself
11-11-2009, 03:52 PM
AM II is an awesome boat and I don't blame you for keeping it. I hope someone can talk you into bringing it down to LOTO next summer; so I can see it in person!

Next years Shoot Out is August 23 - 29th, 2010:sifone:

Finally finished construction on my house so I will have a lot more time to go boating. Thx for the compliment on AM II.

MarylandMark
11-11-2009, 04:25 PM
Finally finished construction on my house so I will have a lot more time to go boating. Thx for the compliment on AM II.

Holy Phuck! Life is GOOD!

Nykamp
11-11-2009, 05:22 PM
Keep using Moon for your trannys, the house looks Killer. Hope all is well, Steve.

FastTimes
11-11-2009, 05:23 PM

Very Nice! Congrats on the new pad ~

BraceYourself
11-12-2009, 09:27 AM
Keep using Moon for your trannys, the house looks Killer. Hope all is well, Steve.

I agree there! Things are good. Hopefully we'll run ino each other some weekend this next summer.

Wrinkleface
11-12-2009, 10:59 AM

Gorgeous! Congratz!:sifone:

JupiterSunsation
11-12-2009, 08:35 PM
Let me get this straight......

1. American Muscle II Cig
2. Lamborghini
3. F650 Tow Rig
4. Brand new mansion
5. Single Guy

Dude you have the life! Enjoy every second of it! :D

BraceYourself
11-12-2009, 10:24 PM
It's 8K square foot. I took the pic last week. Looks bigger then it is. Mansion status starts at 15K square feet in my opinion, but thx. It's plenty big for me, and just like I like it. Lights, audio, etc... all high tech and crestron automation controls everything.

Scarab KV
11-12-2009, 11:19 PM

2. Lamborghini
3. F650 Tow Rig
4. Brand new mansion
5. Single Guy

Very nice.
The perfect alter ego:sifone:

Offshoredrillin
11-13-2009, 12:55 AM

2. Lamborghini
3. F650 Tow Rig
4. Brand new mansion
5. Single Guy

Ironic, young man takes over parents company and does good, wish you gave other members here the same consideration....:confused:

BraceYourself
11-13-2009, 07:25 AM
Ironic, young man takes over parents company and does good, wish you gave other members here the same consideration....:confused:

Actually took over fathers business. Went from two employess to 12, quadrupled the biz in three years, day I walked in my dad walked out, and bought him out in two years for what he wanted. Oh yea military paid for my 6 years of education and spent a year active duty after 9-11 before I could focus on growing the biz. Also took me 4 years and 4 boats to get to AM II because I chose not to borrow money for them. Same for the house, lived in basement of my office for 5 years till this house deal came along, hopped on it in a down market and still have no debt.

Offshoredrillin
11-13-2009, 08:48 AM
Actually took over fathers business. Went from two employess to 12, quadrupled the biz in three years, day I walked in my dad walked out, and bought him out in two years for what he wanted. Oh yea military paid for my 6 years of education and spent a year active duty after 9-11 before I could focus on growing the biz. Also took me 4 years and 4 boats to get to AM II because I chose not to borrow money for them. Same for the house, lived in basement of my office for 5 years till this house deal came along, hopped on it in a down market and still have no debt. Others live beyond their means and squander any hope of living comfortably.
Yep, I know full well that you have worked for it, you should enjoy that. before my tiger I started with a 26 donzi and then a 311 formula, still love my tiger and have my 20 cig project that is in Toledo, then I will pull out another trick next winter. :)

THEJOKER
11-13-2009, 09:12 AM
Maybe this thread should just be titled " Biography"........

BraceYourself
11-13-2009, 09:35 AM
Maybe this thread should just be titled " Biography"........

With a twist... Carefull with the transmission refresh. Don't always get what you pay for :)

Is that better... Back on topic...:sifone:

JupiterSunsation
11-13-2009, 10:39 AM
It's 8K square foot. I took the pic last week. Looks bigger then it is. Mansion status starts at 15K square feet in my opinion, but thx. It's plenty big for me, and just like I like it. Lights, audio, etc... all high tech and crestron automation controls everything.

House looked huge......mansion starts at 10K in FL due to the smaller parcels!
Myself I have a Mini-Mansion, McMansion whatever.....4K sq ft on .31 acre!

8K on the best waterfront lot in Jupiter would be 6mm all day long!

JupiterSunsation
11-13-2009, 10:41 AM

Rob you still missed the point that I was joking.....Even Brandon laughed about it.......relax it is Friday......:sifone:

customryder
11-13-2009, 11:47 AM
nice pad!

dont know what happened but Ban rebuilt my trannies to drysump for around 4k good as new..

BraceYourself
11-13-2009, 12:44 PM
nice pad!

dont know what happened but Ban rebuilt my trannies to drysump for around 4k good as new..

In a nut shell, refreshed trannies through Mercury (they said they have new ones on the shelf and just swap them out, and I swear this is what they told me) 8 hours into use and I admit running hard (pretty much same as I always drive though) broke tranni, second trannie (new one sent and paid for) broke on hose, third one (new one sent and paid for) broke on hose, inspected this one and bad ring instalation caused it and had it repaired by another shop and put in the fourth trannie and all has been good since (30 hours). Just lost all of July and engine had to come out each time. Paid for all R&R's and all S/H and new trannies, mercury refresh of trannies, and repair.

No concessions... Just bend over and it is what it is...

BraceYourself
11-13-2009, 12:53 PM
Defense I was given...

First one is Mercury's problem, second the cooler was not cleaned properly, third one should of been sent back for evaluation so no comment.

All I wanted was to boat so I wasn't going to wait around for possible warranty. Just send me a new one and once you decide on warranty let me know. Diddn't plan on two new ones breaking after the first one.

BraceYourself
11-13-2009, 01:01 PM
In all my boating...The transmission issue is the only thing that still resinates the same as when it happened.

Just thought it was unfair, and I guess so much so that 6 months later it still irritates me. God willing I have a lot of high performance boating left and will enlighted people as much as possible on just this situation.

Otherwise I'm truly impressed with everything else on my cig as far as quality. Eventally when the oppurtuity presents itself I'm going to go to the shiftable SCS. I believe this is the future and hope to see mercury agree. I have spoken to Mercury, and they told me they were looking into it. Seems like a no brainer. With all the technology in the engines etc. the trannie is ancient.

BraceYourself
11-13-2009, 01:49 PM
Congrats Jeremy- you've made it for sure. Nice to see the nice guy win!

Well- then there is that pesky BAM tranny issue... I never understood how it became between you and BAM when Mercury was hired to do the job. If they sub it; you were still Merc customer and Merc was then BAM's customer.

Also I hold people by what they say. Mercury's refresh says it comes with a 90 day same as new engine warranty.

Well I'm here to tell ya, when I questioned them on this, the response was well we don't replace every part and if its a part we reused then unfortunatly that is not covered by warranty. This is to help keep the cost down to you the consumer. WTF, at this point who gives a ****.

I didn't intend to bring it all up again, but oh well, I did leave the transmission shops name out of it. So please do not delete this thread.

As far as I'm concerned this can be the last post and we'll let it drift down and eventually second paged.

MarylandMark
11-13-2009, 03:29 PM
I'd be ****ed about this for about the next 40ish years or whatever I have left..

I think the original thread shouldn't have ever been deleted and think it should be restored. Why keep other boaters in the dark- thought we were here to help each other?

GENERAL LEE
11-18-2009, 01:44 PM

Eh, I'll live. :cheers2:

Chris
11-18-2009, 02:10 PM
The thread was not purposely deleted. It was done during another process and we lost some data. A mistake. If you know me you know I'm not shy about controversy. Both Berman's are my friends and I see both side's perspectives. And I would vouch for either of these guys.

runninhotracing
11-18-2009, 02:27 PM

Congratz Jeremy Crib turned out friggin awesome, see ya'll on the Lake:sifone:

ROCK ON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:sifone:
ITS A SKATER NATION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DAREDEVIL
11-18-2009, 02:39 PM

ISN'T NICE TO BE RICH ?! :sifone:

DAMN BRO, NICE CRIB !
JUST CUT THE DAMN LAWN NEXT TIME . LOL

THEJOKER
11-18-2009, 03:54 PM
This is my house. Business has been good for us too. You should of seen where I lived before this place became available. I broke the skag off my 90 horse Johnson but my neighbor welded it back on for me. I would never buy another Johnson motor or go boating when the lake is shallow.:drool5:

MarylandMark
11-18-2009, 04:35 PM
Nothing wrong with being trailer trash!

FULL FORCE
11-20-2009, 02:20 PM

Looks good Jeremy!

10x
12-27-2009, 10:01 PM
As a guy that has done it and looking back...

1075 SCi is a great engine and the rebuild program was done well.

I suggest not doing the transmission refresh. In my situation it actually cost me an extra 20K + and a lot of aggrevation to get it resolved.

The original story was deleted for unknown reasons. So hopefully this stays to anyone going through the refresh this winter.

Thanks,
Jeremy

Jeremy, send me a pm. I have a friend with a 46 like yours that's gone through the same tranny problems that you've gone through over this past summer, only he just paid the bill each time. After 3 tranny's and the stbd ones at that, there was a ton a labor charges that he absorbed and now he wants something back. Good story I got for ya. :rolleyes:

BraceYourself
12-28-2009, 10:41 AM
PM sent

glh
12-28-2009, 11:13 AM
Jeremy sweet home I love it.

As far as I know those trannies are manufactured by Marc at BAM for Mercury why not call him for the refresh direct?

Also I got Marc's drysump transmissions for the DOI boat I don't recall if it's his sturdiest, I think so and just buying them new was less than $10k for both of them and Marc even gave me core credit I had on two that were lying around in my garage...

Am I missing something here, having not seen Jeremey's thread about Merc re-building them???

BraceYourself
12-28-2009, 12:58 PM
Jeremy sweet home I love it.

As far as I know those trannies are manufactured by Marc at BAM for Mercury why not call him for the refresh direct?

Also I got Marc's drysump transmissions for the DOI boat I don't recall if it's his sturdiest, I think so and just buying them new was less than $10k for both of them and Marc even gave me core credit I had on two that were lying around in my garage...

Am I missing something here, having not seen Jeremey's thread about Merc re-building them???

Refresh through mercury was like $2200 each I think, then the next two were like $4,700 each with the $500 core credit. Then the fourth one was sent somewhere else. Remember the engine had to be pulled each time.

Coolerman
12-28-2009, 03:16 PM
Remember the engine had to be pulled each time.

That sucks....... :mad::smash:

ItsPeanut
01-20-2010, 05:29 PM
Your house on the lake?

BraceYourself
01-20-2010, 06:58 PM
Your house on the lake?

I wish.