PDA

View Full Version : Ford leveling kits

t500hps
11-03-2009, 02:51 PM
Has anyone added 1-2 in leveling kits to the front of a superduty WITHOUT going to a larger tire? I've been wanting to add 2in to the front, 1in to the rear of my F350 dually but just can't justify buying 6 new tires (I only put 3,000 miles a year on the truck and have just 10,000 on my 2007)

stock tires are 245/75/17 (31.5 in tall)

How does it look, and how does it ride?

Magic Medicine
11-03-2009, 03:49 PM
I have a 2" leveling kit on my F350, didn't affect the ride. I also went with the longer Rancho shocks. I notice no difference in ride quality. I run 35's mounted on 20's in the summer and the factory 18's with 275's in the winter. I think it looks better than stock, but mine is still not completely level as I have air bags in the rear.

t500hps
11-03-2009, 03:54 PM
I have a 2" leveling kit on my F350, didn't affect the ride. I also went with the longer Rancho shocks. I notice no difference in ride quality. I run 35's mounted on 20's in the summer and the factory 18's with 275's in the winter. I think it looks better than stock, but mine is still not completely level as I have air bags in the rear.

I also have rear air bags and felt adding 1in rear blocks would still keep it slightly azz high until the boat was hooked up (which is 90% of the miles on this truck). Ever look it over with the stock tires on it....did it look funny? Did you need the shocks, or just want them? the kits claim it's un-necessary with 2in kits.
thanks for the feedback.

Magic Medicine
11-03-2009, 06:34 PM
I also have rear air bags and felt adding 1in rear blocks would still keep it slightly azz high until the boat was hooked up (which is 90% of the miles on this truck). Ever look it over with the stock tires on it....did it look funny? Did you need the shocks, or just want them? the kits claim it's un-necessary with 2in kits.
thanks for the feedback.

Looks good with the stock tires. Without the kit there was too much rake, in my opinion. I replaced my shocks because the OEM shocks were shot, can't say that the leveling kit didn't contribute to the failure. When I called and ordered the shocks from advanced they asked if I had a leveling kit?????? I replaced mine with upgraded Rancho's were bad but I get them for whosale being that I work at a dealership. Hope this helps. With the kit I still have a 3" difference when measuring from the ground to the bottom of the wheel well front to back.

MattBMiller
11-04-2009, 10:02 AM
What year truck do you have? I've had the Donahoe Racing 2" mini spring packs and also had the coil spacers on the '05+ trucks. The spring packs don't really affect ride and the spacers don't affect it at all.

t500hps
11-04-2009, 10:10 AM
What year truck do you have? I've had the Donahoe Racing 2" mini spring packs and also had the coil spacers on the '05+ trucks. The spring packs don't really affect ride and the spacers don't affect it at all.

2007 4 door, 8 ft bed white Lariat dually.
I've looked hard at the 2 in front under spring spacer, and a 1 in rear under spring block but have recently read something about the front spring spacers being a bad idea. (is it really???, any problems to be aware of?)

When I first got the truck it appeared to sit level, guess the front is settling a little cause now it sits front low. (like they all do)

MattBMiller
11-04-2009, 11:01 AM
There's nothing wrong with the coil spacers. You can also swap out your prings to the X-code springs which come on the snowplow equipped trucks. They usually sit 1.5 inches higher, but are a little stiffer. For the rear suspension, I would suggest taking out the stock black and getting one that is an inch taller.