PDA

View Full Version : Photo size limitations

jayboat
11-11-2008, 08:15 AM
Hey guys...

I understand the 800x600 size limit- just wondering if you would think about relaxing the size limit to 1200x900 for photo threads only.

The smaller pix just don't have the impact. Or the detail.

I would post an example, but.... :26:

Offshoredrillin
11-11-2008, 08:23 AM
normaly yoou are correct, but when the pic blows out past the average 17" moitor that destroys the affect as well. I have a 19" at home and it does it, only my 24" at the shop can handle the big pics...sorry dude, but welcome aboard anyhow :D

boostbros
11-11-2008, 09:34 AM
you boys need to up grade i,m using a samsung 1080p 120hz 46 inch lcd it is awesome beyond my expectations nasa photos are so clear i can see the space shuttles staples in the insulating blankets and can read the serial number on each tile the detail is unreal i tried 6 big lcds till i got one to work i run it from the computer with an hdmi cable, with a big moniter you can see the high megapixal pics todays cameras take and the true life colors ....bla bla bla it just works plus i can watch tv in a small window or full screen

jayboat
11-11-2008, 11:00 AM
Boost, that's what I'm talkin' about!!!

Rob, are you saying that because you have to scroll right that the effect of a larger photo is 'destroyed'?

Maybe you should think of it like opening a present. :bday:

Offshore Ginger
11-11-2008, 11:18 AM
Jay what's up my friend ? Ginger

Airpacker
11-11-2008, 12:19 PM
Jay, one of the biggest complaint generators that we as mods have been dealing with is oversized pics that blow out the side of the screen. Sorry but thats what is happening.
NO BIG pics allowed due to members complaining and then Moderators having to contact the posters and work out alternatives. We have plenty of other things to keep us busy and really do not need an easily controllable issue to add to the pile.

Ya, I know that BIG pics look great on BIG monitors but how many people surf the net on BIG screen tv's?

DonziGirl
11-11-2008, 02:02 PM
I like big pictures, but to be honest, I hate scrolling to the side to see all of it.

Chris
11-12-2008, 10:02 AM
The issue with big pics is this- in a discussion thread, they make each kine of text as long as the pic. It's really hard to read one third of a line, scroll, find your pickup spot, scroll and so on. It's really annoying if 24 of the posts on the page are text and the others are pics. It has been discussed creating a photos-only forum. It's on my post- Key West list.

jayboat
11-12-2008, 12:44 PM
Sean, yes- I know it's a pain with discussion threads, that's why I specifically said photo threads. I think a max width of 1200 pixels would be a good number if you want to impose a limit- anything larger is stupid big and beyond the limits of 99% of monitors.

Get on it, Sunkin... now that the election is over and you've been in Key West for a week- you surely don't have anything else to occupy your time now that you are home. :biggrinjester: