PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know this boat?

smokeybandit
10-25-2009, 07:57 PM
I was going through some old pix and came across this one. I know it's a Cougar, but I have no recollection beyond that.

MOBILEMERCMAN
10-25-2009, 08:08 PM
I don't know who's that one is but, I always liked those boats.

FASTERDAD
10-25-2009, 09:10 PM
Could it possibly be Ken & Skip Denison's boat before they started racing the Velocity Chase in the early-mid eighties. Same coloring and lettering

FastDonzi
10-26-2009, 08:31 AM
Could it possibly be Ken & Skip Denison's boat before they started racing the Velocity Chase in the early-mid eighties. Same coloring and lettering

I believe you right, The Denisons boat was the only one I know of that didn't have Merc's.

smokeybandit
10-26-2009, 09:28 AM
Where did it race? Somebody in my crew took the picture. I can't place the location. My best guess would be that it was an NPBA race. Possibly Mass? What was V class? I know I'm getting old and my memory is fading.

DAREDEVIL
10-26-2009, 09:34 AM
Where did it race? Somebody in my crew took the picture. I can't place the location. My best guess would be that it was an NPBA race. Possibly Mass? What was V class? I know I'm getting old and my memory is fading.

I bet Ryan or Jim can answer that V question ?!

smokeybandit
10-26-2009, 09:58 AM
APBA had a V class, but that was only v bottom boats. They did it when they split the cats and v's in modified class. NPBA had A, B, C, D, and E. Was it a Michigan (Great Lakes) class?

MattBMiller
10-26-2009, 10:21 AM
That building looks familiar. May be on the Detroit River. i'll check through my pics when I get home tonight.

FASTERDAD
10-26-2009, 10:26 AM
Where did it race? Somebody in my crew took the picture. I can't place the location. My best guess would be that it was an NPBA race. Possibly Mass? What was V class? I know I'm getting old and my memory is fading.That's Manhattan in the picture-notice the statue of Liberty in the background. The Denison's where based in west michigan and Ft.Lauderdale. The Denison's were the Broward Marine people.Class V was billed as"Cost-Efficient Racing",the closest thing to pure production racing at the time.Hulls had to be 17' or longer,engines limited by c.i.d.and boats had to be available to the general public 60 days before a race.Hope this helps!

FASTERDAD
10-26-2009, 10:30 AM
Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe that's not the statue of liberty in the background.Help!

smokeybandit
10-26-2009, 10:37 AM
That's Manhattan in the picture-notice the statue of Liberty in the background. The Denison's where based in west michigan and Ft.Lauderdale. The Denison's were the Broward Marine people.Class V was billed as"Cost-Efficient Racing",the closest thing to pure production racing at the time.Hulls had to be 17' or longer,engines limited by c.i.d.and boats had to be available to the general public 60 days before a race.Hope this helps!

Good call on the Statue of Liberty. Doesn't help my recall at all, but at least I know where it's from.