PDA

View Full Version : New Cockpit Interior- Race Pantera

ar15meister
11-10-2008, 03:12 PM
I have always loved the race cockpits. The 6 packs in the old apaches, some of the Panteras, Cigs, etc.

I am thinking of redoing the interior on my Pantera this winter and I have a couple of options. I want to solidify what I am doing before I take ANYTHING apart--YOU ALL KNOW WHY! LOL.

1- Leave it the way it is and just recover in a new colour, or even same colour.

2- Try and modify my current setup to have a rear seat/ standup area. I have a shop and some know how (also have my dad and a few employees who are way 'handier' than me lol). Problem with this is that the back area doesnt have alot of freeboard and I am nervous someone will fly out if standing. I could put in a bench with some grab handles mounted on the back of the front bolster. JO at Pantera told me this was an option but it would be hard to make it look 'right'.

3- Send it out to a quality shop, have then build me a brand new 5man with a rear bench like Tomas Wallin had with the old green setup in his F1 Pantera. This is what I would like to do, and I was quoted 25k to do it by a reputable shop who does ALOT of interiors for a big name builder in Michigan. 25k is too much money for me to spend on an interior (rather build a spare motor or live in a strip club for a month or something).

What do you experenced guys think? I am starting to lean towards just recovering and leaving it the way it is, keeping the 'real' raceboat look and feel. I can fit 4 people in the two man race bolsters but I cannot fit 4 guys cause it is too gay. WIth girls it is actually cool because they have to rub their ass on you and you get to steer and throttle with them right in front.

But I do want to go out with the boys now and again and give er.

I am willing to spend roughly 5k.

Please advise.

This is a picture of my interior.

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w202/ar15meister/cockpit.jpg

Tony
11-10-2008, 03:31 PM
If you really want to do major alterations by top notch guys for reasonable $$, they you might want to contact XT Innovations in Bucyrus, OH if you can dream it they will build it. Your trucks still run through OH right?

Tantrum
11-10-2008, 03:36 PM
I would recover what you have. The all around bolsters are cool but IMO will hurt your resale when that time comes so it will cost you even more than your 25k quote.

catmando
11-10-2008, 04:18 PM
I have always loved the race cockpits. The 6 packs in the old apaches, some of the Panteras, Cigs, etc.

I am thinking of redoing the interior on my Pantera this winter and I have a couple of options. I want to solidify what I am doing before I take ANYTHING apart--YOU ALL KNOW WHY! LOL.

1- Leave it the way it is and just recover in a new colour, or even same colour.

2- Try and modify my current setup to have a rear seat/ standup area. I have a shop and some know how (also have my dad and a few employees who are way 'handier' than me lol). Problem with this is that the back area doesnt have alot of freeboard and I am nervous someone will fly out if standing. I could put in a bench with some grab handles mounted on the back of the front bolster. JO at Pantera told me this was an option but it would be hard to make it look 'right'.

3- Send it out to a quality shop, have then build me a brand new 5man with a rear bench like Tomas Wallin had with the old green setup in his F1 Pantera. This is what I would like to do, and I was quoted 25k to do it by a reputable shop who does ALOT of interiors for a big name builder in Michigan. 25k is too much money for me to spend on an interior (rather build a spare motor or live in a strip club for a month or something).

What do you experenced guys think? I am starting to lean towards just recovering and leaving it the way it is, keeping the 'real' raceboat look and feel. I can fit 4 people in the two man race bolsters but I cannot fit 4 guys cause it is too gay. WIth girls it is actually cool because they have to rub their ass on you and you get to steer and throttle with them right in front.

But I do want to go out with the boys now and again and give er.

I am willing to spend roughly 5k.

Please advise.Call these people, they have some really nice interiors;

http://www.ppi-fl.com/

I would not put someone else with me in the driver's seat, that's dangerous.

ar15meister
11-10-2008, 04:58 PM
Call these people, they have some really nice interiors;

http://www.ppi-fl.com/

I would not put someone else with me in the driver's seat, that's dangerous.

Not dangerous if you dont drive dangerously....but appreciate the concern nonetheless. :)

I am not interested in taking the boat down to Florida to get this done.

I really appreciate some advice from guys who have done a job like this or a restoration.

ar15meister
11-10-2008, 05:00 PM
If you really want to do major alterations by top notch guys for reasonable $$, they you might want to contact XT Innovations in Bucyrus, OH if you can dream it they will build it. Your trucks still run through OH right?

Do yuo have a number for those people? Bucyrus isnt too far...

My trucks are through Ohio weekly.

ar15meister
11-10-2008, 05:05 PM
I would recover what you have. The all around bolsters are cool but IMO will hurt your resale when that time comes so it will cost you even more than your 25k quote.

I dont ever plan on selling this boat. I plan on adding another in 5-10 years, a big one, but this one I will always keep. It is way too cool to sell!

Plus Jo and Pepe won a World Championship with it...so I have my own little piece of Offshore race history, which to me is very cool. :biggrinjester:

Tony
11-10-2008, 06:50 PM
Do yuo have a number for those people? Bucyrus isnt too far...

My trucks are through Ohio weekly.

http://www.xt-innovations.com/XTservices.htm

They are a new business, stemed from the closing of Baja, one of the owners built the interior for my Cig from scratch with nothing but a handfull of pics of the mid 90's top guns which was the look I was going for. I'm sure Dock Holiday will vouch for theese guys too. Ask for Lane or Dave and tell them Tony sent ya.:biggrinjester:

theese pics dont do much justice, but there all I have.

Tomas Wallin
11-13-2008, 09:58 AM
At least contact PPI and listen to what they have to say.

They did my interior from my own drawings and sketches and it fit PERFECTLY in the Pantera! I assume your cockpit have the same dimensions as mine so they might be able to use my cockpit drawings.

magnum25
11-13-2008, 06:42 PM
I dont ever plan on selling this boat. I plan on adding another in 5-10 years, a big one, but this one I will always keep. It is way too cool to sell!

Plus Jo and Pepe won a World Championship with it...so I have my own little piece of Offshore race history, which to me is very cool. :biggrinjester:

Did you ever run your boat on the Ohio river by Newport? I saw a Pantera just like yours last summer.......it was haulin azz.

FCMarine
11-13-2008, 06:53 PM
I personally like it as is but I can see where it would be a hassle only being able to have one passenger. What about doing a set up in the back where its just 3 holes where they have to stand the hole time and have maybe a grab handle in front of them so they can hold on. I will try and find a picture of one to let you know what i'm talking about. 25K for some new interior just sounds ridiculous. I have never worked with any interior but like you said there is a lot more I would want to do with 25k then get some new interior. Best of luck to you.

stecz20
11-13-2008, 07:00 PM
post some pics of the boat.... ppi is one of our sponsers, you dont have to go down there to do the work, just have to ship them what you need done...

FCMarine
11-13-2008, 07:27 PM
http://www.offshoreonlyclassifieds.com/1985_cigarette_flat_deck_razzamatazz-o26231-en.html this boat has them in the back.

offshoresteve
11-14-2008, 02:23 AM
I used to have a 28 Pantera 6 pack.I loved the boat, but it would have been nice to have a bench so we would not have to f-ck on the floor!
The 6 pack did slow the sale of the boat when I sold it and bought my Skater.

thedonz
11-14-2008, 02:06 PM
why not add a two or three man standup to the rear?