PDA

View Full Version : Spiker 1200hp 460

Pages : [1] 2

Coolerman
10-14-2009, 10:53 PM
Here is a pre-lim pick of his paint job. It will have Mark Kinser 1200's. Waiting on 1 more cooler from whipple last I heard.

Ratickle
10-15-2009, 08:37 AM
Full stagger and 6's like yours????

Ratickle
10-15-2009, 08:40 AM
And what are they hoping for top end? Won't that be the highest powered SC out there except for turbonator (which I can't seem to find anywhere)? And interior/cabin. Full blown normal luxery?

Coolerman
10-15-2009, 11:51 AM
Staggered and 6's. It could potentially run to about 120. I think it should hit around 110 without too much work. It won't have as much power as the old turbinator (i think he had 1450's), but is should run and handle with that boat. And yup, it'll have a full cabin and interior with all of the luxury!

Perlmudder
10-15-2009, 11:57 AM
110+ mph water condo? thats awesome!

Ratickle
10-15-2009, 12:20 PM
110+ mph water condo? thats awesome!

Yep......:sifone:

Coolerman
10-16-2009, 02:25 PM
And what are they hoping for top end? Won't that be the highest powered SC out there except for turbonator

I forgot, but there was a guy in Michigan or Ohio (Fred Cerne I believe) who had a 43 (previous hull, but it was the twin step) and he had gellner 1200's side by side on 6's (wet sumps and crescent lowers though...) and I think that got up to 114 or so..... So another baseline to go from.

Mrhorsepower1
10-20-2009, 01:43 PM
Yes Fred's boat ran 114 mph with my 1200's with the side by side wetsump 6's. Based in Cleveland,Ohio.

spiker
10-20-2009, 02:56 PM
One motor is on dyno now, working on dialing it in, having a fuel delivery issue that we are going to work on tonight, will let you guys know later. If I knew how to add pictures I would put some of the motors for viewing.

Still waiting on the other cooler, they called one day last week but have not answered a return call or email since.

txriverrat2001
10-20-2009, 03:50 PM
One motor is on dyno now, working on dialing it in, having a fuel delivery issue that we are going to work on tonight, will let you guys know later. If I knew how to add pictures I would put some of the motors for viewing.

Still waiting on the other cooler, they called one day last week but have not answered a return call or email since.

Vids! not Pics!!

Ratickle
10-20-2009, 10:13 PM

It's easy Mike. When you finish typing your post, hit manage attachments, hit browse on one of the three boxes, double click on the one you want to uplaod, (you can do three per post), hit upload, then submit post.

TIKI
10-21-2009, 10:00 AM
Where is the boat going?

Coolerman
10-21-2009, 01:39 PM

Hey Mike, if you are still having trouble posting pics, you can email them to me and I can post them if you like.

MarylandMark
10-21-2009, 06:45 PM
I've met and been in Fred's boat I think. He owned a Sunoco distributorship or some thing like that? Think he was selling his BT and getting a Nor Tech but that was like 10 years ago (around last F2 race on Lake Erie time frame).

I was riding with a buddy in a BT on race weekend Key West Poker Run when we blew a drive. Fred loaned us his truck and trailer to send someone back to Lauderdale for a spare drive, then come get the boat, put the drive on and tow it to KW.

MarylandMark
10-21-2009, 06:47 PM
forgot to add- nice boat!! Not a flat deck or and I seeing the rendition wrong?

Side by side with extended cockpit would be the ultimate IMHO. Give us some stuff on the speed/handling/etc but all that real estate in the cockpit is awesome!

Ratickle
10-21-2009, 06:48 PM
forgot to add- nice boat!! Not a flat deck or and I seeing the rendition wrong?

Side by side with extended cockpit would be the ultimate IMHO. Give us some stuff on the speed/handling/etc but all that real estate in the cockpit is awesome!

I really wish mine was the extended cockpit. But, with the trannies, can't do it unless you run extension boxes I believe.

Coolerman
10-22-2009, 02:24 PM
I really wish mine was the extended cockpit. But, with the trannies, can't do it unless you run extension boxes I believe.

Sawzall time!!! Would you put the trannie in a stellings extension box then?

spiker
10-22-2009, 04:33 PM
I will see if this works.

Still having fuel delivery problems, changing to another style fuel pump,

Motor starts great and idles nice,

I have a few longer videos ones but ware to big to upload.

Picture was from several months ago before all plumbing done

Coolerman
10-22-2009, 06:22 PM
I will see if this works.

Still having fuel delivery problems, changing to another style fuel pump,

Motor starts great and idles nice,

I have a few longer videos ones but ware to big to upload.

Picture was from several months ago before all plumbing done

does kinser have his own dyno then?

TIKI
10-23-2009, 10:45 AM
What body of water will it reside on?

spiker
10-23-2009, 11:17 AM
Kinser has his own dyno, he does everything from start to finish. He is did the machine work and the technical aspects, I fabbed the brackets, plumbing, wiring, and the put this and we will try and take that off we will do this instaed work.

Boat will be at LOTO - 2MM of the Big Niangua

Ratickle
10-23-2009, 11:28 AM
Sawzall time!!! Would you put the trannie in a stellings extension box then?

I think you'd have too. Bob has a couple down there he tested at sometime.

Ratickle
10-23-2009, 11:30 AM
I fabbed the put this and we will try and take that off we will do this instaed work.

:rofl: :sifone: :rofl:

TIKI
10-23-2009, 12:04 PM
Boat will be at LOTO - 2MM of the Big Niangua

Cool! Look forward to seeing it out next summer!

endeavor1
12-13-2009, 12:57 PM
Some pix of the Instagator next to Spikers Bad Ass ride. I walked thru it and was amazed at the difference between my cabin and the new one. Also, loved the MM throttles, nice looking.

insatiable V
12-13-2009, 04:19 PM
Looks good. Is the boat new? I have a 96 430sc Took off my 3A' and installing dry
sump 6's. Gimbles on, hoping to have engines back in next week and in Fl. by end of year to test.
What gear ratio are you going to use???

spiker
12-14-2009, 04:28 PM
Anybody have a picture of the painted engine compartment, Bob is in the stone ages with a camera. I have not seen it since it was done.

Coolerman
12-14-2009, 08:13 PM
Looks good. Is the boat new? I have a 96 430sc Took off my 3A' and installing dry
sump 6's. Gimbles on, hoping to have engines back in next week and in Fl. by end of year to test.
What gear ratio are you going to use???

1.5's

insatiable V
12-14-2009, 11:32 PM
I got a set of 1.42, Let you know how they work out

black thunder 46
12-28-2009, 03:41 PM
can not wait to see it in loto

BobbyB
01-06-2010, 04:32 PM
Any more pics of the boat?

spiker
01-11-2010, 04:29 PM
Stopped by to BT on the way to a wedding - a few pictures

spiker
01-11-2010, 04:31 PM
A few more

spiker
01-11-2010, 04:36 PM
another

Coolerman
01-11-2010, 04:40 PM
another

something looks like it's missing from that 2nd motor..... Wonder what it could be :leaving::( Hopefully you gettem sometime.

BobbyB
01-11-2010, 04:48 PM
Spiker, How is the outside going to be painted?

spiker
01-11-2010, 04:52 PM
The first post by Saxman shows a preliminary will be real close to that

thlwl
01-11-2010, 04:55 PM
Are you doing anything out the rear for heat relief of the bilge for such large power? I know on OL's and such that they have rear vents. I noticed that you have more than normal side vents, just curious if those will be ample and if the heat / air requirements been considered. T

TxHawk
01-11-2010, 05:09 PM
What is the routing for the tailpipes? Looks like the transom continues upward into a pannel that is not structural.

Coolerman
01-11-2010, 05:11 PM
another

on the motor with no blower/cooler, it looks like there is a blue cooler attatched to the tail stock of the transmission. Might want to check that for clearance if you haven't already, it may or may not have enough room btw the transom/transom assemblies. The tailstock sticks in a lot further than one would think.

BobbyB
01-11-2010, 08:32 PM
The first post by Saxman shows a preliminary will be real close to that

It looks pretty good. Please keep posting pics.

TxHawk
01-14-2010, 10:39 PM
on the motor with no blower/cooler, it looks like there is a blue cooler attatched to the tail stock of the transmission. Might want to check that for clearance if you haven't already, it may or may not have enough room btw the transom/transom assemblies. The tailstock sticks in a lot further than one would think.

Looks like a power steering filter. Mounting on transom wouldnt change much of anything except on hose length.

Coolerman
01-15-2010, 01:39 AM
Looks like a power steering filter. Mounting on transom wouldnt change much of anything except on hose length.

it might hit the transom/transom assembly when the motor is put in, because the plug in style trannie sticks into the transom assembly alot further than one would think.

TxHawk
01-15-2010, 08:26 AM
it might hit the transom/transom assembly when the motor is put in, because the plug in style trannie sticks into the transom assembly alot further than one would think.

I am with you, saying that moving the filter to mount on transom wont require much more than a hose change.

Coolerman
01-15-2010, 11:08 AM
I am with you, saying that moving the filter to mount on transom wont require much more than a hose change.

gotcha :)

spiker
01-18-2010, 11:17 AM
If that hits then the shifter bracket will not work as well as they are close center lines from each other. Thoughts?

spiker
01-18-2010, 02:50 PM
Sax, here is picture of your tranny I took last year, do you recall the distance left from your shifter to transom? It looks to me very close to what I have, I can use the other side of the bracket and mount the filter as well.

Coolerman
01-19-2010, 12:47 AM
Sax, here is picture of your tranny I took last year, do you recall the distance left from your shifter to transom? It looks to me very close to what I have, I can use the other side of the bracket and mount the filter as well.

Here's a couple pics and measurements of our setup. Keep in mind the transom is at angle so there will be less clearance near the bottom of the filter vs the top.

I measured from the ring on the inside of transom assembly where the "stop" on the tailstock of the transmission would hit, to the outside of the backing plate on the inside of the transom. I'm assuming your boat would be pretty similar assuming transom thickness of both boats are pretty much the same.

Also, your shifter mount/bracket looks like it may be a little wider than ours (sticks back closer to the transom), and our bracket curves off vs yours is straight. The shifter bracket will most definately have very very little clearnace.

Not trying to butt into your build here, but it's no fun having the motor hanging in the air and trying to figure out whats not lining up. :)

Motors look nice though! We could stand to dress ours up a bit.....

spiker
02-01-2010, 11:03 AM
Additional pictures - moved the power steering filter ahead of the bracket. 85% done as you can see still waiting on Whipple.

baja27
02-01-2010, 04:48 PM
Spiker very nice looking units!

Coolerman
02-01-2010, 06:54 PM
Additional pictures - moved the power steering filter ahead of the bracket. 85% done as you can see still waiting on Whipple.

We are getting close to having our new coolers built....... Let us know if the wait gets too long (I know, it already has).

cougarman
02-01-2010, 07:48 PM
Nice Thread,................. :sifone:

Jon

Strip Poker 388
02-16-2010, 12:42 AM

so how long has it been on the coolers?

spiker
02-16-2010, 10:38 AM
10 months and counting, we have the Cupronickel cores in the 16-71 blowers, they were saying that the raw materials were not coming in, then it was quality control issues, and well we can send one, and now we are waiting again on who nows what. we ordered 6 and have 1 so far. we will have 8 motors built the same at the lake so we are doing our own R&D, so far we have one set that had a 1/2 season, boat flipped, went to the bottom, brought up, pickeled, cleaned up, and rsssembled and ran all last season with no problems.

Strip Poker 388
02-17-2010, 03:03 AM
10 months and counting, we have the Cupronickel cores in the 16-71 blowers, they were saying that the raw materials were not coming in, then it was quality control issues, and well we can send one, and now we are waiting again on who nows what. we ordered 6 and have 1 so far. we will have 8 motors built the same at the lake so we are doing our own R&D, so far we have one set that had a 1/2 season, boat flipped, went to the bottom, brought up, pickeled, cleaned up, and rsssembled and ran all last season with no problems.http://www.patentstorm.us/patents/6634420/description.html

I wonder who makes them? Who makes the 8/71-16/71 cores? not the biz that has them made for them.

I had Teauge tell me I would have a grand in a water pick up,it couldn't be done,they didn't want to do it,I ended up having a bud with a metal fab shop,cad it and made one up in 1 week.I now have a program I can make changes to:cheers2:

spiker
02-17-2010, 01:11 PM
We are doing our own water pick up as well, actually have all of the pieces fabricated and will be welding together this week. I will shoot some pictures.

I am using the Marine Machine shifters on the left and trottles on the right. With the MM shfters it was getting into the screen of the GPS so we fabricated a base for the throttles out of aluminum.

endeavor1
02-17-2010, 01:14 PM
We are doing our own water pick up as well, actually have all of the pieces fabricated and will be welding together this week. I will shoot some pictures.

I am using the Marine Machine shifters on the left and trottles on the right. With the MM shfters it was getting into the screen of the GPS so we fabricated a base for the throttles out of aluminum.

Looks great

Coolerman
02-17-2010, 02:25 PM

looks great, I'm excited to see how this bad-boy will run! I like the avatar as well........ Hopefully we can get that picture completed soon!

John P
03-02-2010, 09:26 AM
New to the site and just found this thread, Spiker that thing is going to be bad ass. Post up some more pics please when you have them.

Hope I see you at LOTO this spring would love to see it in person.

spiker
04-22-2010, 03:44 PM
some of the progress before the dufugalties started

Caincando1
04-26-2010, 01:41 PM
I can't wait to hear how it runs out!

Sunsation96
04-26-2010, 04:08 PM
Very cool project thanks for sharing the pictures

spiker
05-06-2010, 03:55 PM
Motors aligned, bolted down and ready to move on to the next step.

Notice no inner cooler and CMI exhaust yet. I wish I could run our business the same way and get away with it.

John P
05-06-2010, 10:16 PM
Looking good!

Coolerman
05-06-2010, 10:28 PM
Motors aligned, bolted down and ready to move on to the next step.

Notice no inner cooler and CMI exhaust yet. I wish I could run our business the same way and get away with it.

looks great! I like the motor mounts as well.

racer511
05-09-2010, 11:08 AM
Hey Mike, the motors looks great, the dash turned out awsome

spiker
07-08-2010, 10:36 AM
Boat dash and trailer
Still waiting on one Inner Cooler and both sets of CMI BIG E exhaust headers. Boat going to paint next week.

Ratickle
07-08-2010, 12:15 PM
Boat dash and trailer
Still waiting on one Inner Cooler and both sets of CMI BIG E exhaust headers. Boat going to paint next week.

Who's doing the paint work?

Any hints as to the look???????:sifone:

spiker
07-08-2010, 02:25 PM
Ratical Graphics

Monopoly 46
07-08-2010, 06:30 PM
i went to rg on the way home from loto and they did not have one boat just cars.

Ratickle
07-08-2010, 10:10 PM
Ratical Graphics

I like it......:)

spiker
07-09-2010, 09:20 AM
I talked with Rodney and he said it has been like that for a while, he should be able to start and stay on mine and be done in no more than 4 weeks.

endeavor1
07-09-2010, 11:50 AM
bout time you finisah that thing off.....:sifone:

offshoreexcursion
07-12-2010, 11:05 PM
Looks amazing. Hope to be in your shoes one day building my own custom BT! Enjoy!

LAriverratt
07-14-2010, 07:08 AM
how long have you been waiting on the inner coolers and exhaust???

spiker
07-14-2010, 10:39 AM
Need one more inner cooler - 14 months ours has the cupronickel core, first it was the core had a problem and then it was no bodies to put the core in/ now they say its in production for the last 6 weeks. CMI BIG E tops since November 2009, we had a fellow boater stop over there on Monday, they have all stations filled with materials, only 2 people working, he inquired about ours and said they were waiting on info from us, so instead of arguing our freind called and we did it allover again, he is going back Friday to see what has been done. We will see.

LAriverratt
07-28-2010, 08:41 AM
dropped back in to see where you were on the motors...and this is the only place to get she skinny on the build...:sifone:...still waiting on those parts????

endeavor1
07-29-2010, 02:57 AM
dropped back in to see where you were on the motors...and this is the only place to get she skinny on the build...:sifone:...still waiting on those parts????

LAriverratt
08-03-2010, 01:49 PM

ya sold your 43..last year???...been having issues on others I can see too :smash:

spiker
08-03-2010, 02:22 PM
STILL AIN'T NO F'N PARTS, NO F'N MC CLOUD INTERIOR, NO F'N WHIPPLE INNER COOLER, STILL NO F'N CMI EXHAUST HEADERS, STILL NO F'N PAINT

CAN YOU SEE THE LEVEL OF PENT UP FRUSTRATION.

IT'S GETTING PRETTY OLD IN THE PONTOON ALL SUMMER LONG

LAriverratt
08-03-2010, 02:35 PM
damn:willy_nilly::cuss: do all these guys run their businesses the same...make me think twice about wanting to do a custom build one day:mad:

TIKI
09-10-2010, 02:42 PM
Any progress to report?

spiker
09-13-2010, 02:31 PM
Talked in person today to Mc Leod about the seats, he is actually doing mine as well as 2 other boats, my stuff is all cut and the seats frames are made, he will be sewing the material this week. One exhaust header is done, notice I did not say one set, hopefully these can be done in a few weeks. No word from the inner cooler people only to say they can make more money on there other products versus the inner coolers. Drive shaft was made by MTI people and looks nice. started to fabricate drive shaft gaurd out of stainless last week. Trailer is onsite, and the painter is waiting for the word to start.

Sold the pontoon yesterday, now completely boatless.

TIKI
09-13-2010, 02:51 PM
You have way more patience than I! Can't wait to see the finished product, but I guess that will have to wait to next summer.

Coolerman
09-14-2010, 12:17 AM
Oh, Mike, make sure you get Hering props, and not mercs. I know that your prop decision was kind of up in the air, but we finally got some test time on a few sets of Herings, and the 17x35 6 blade 16* rake set was very fast on our boat. No comparision with the mercs that we ran at loto this year. The Herings will be a bit more pricey, but worth every penny.

endeavor1
09-14-2010, 01:44 PM
Oh, Mike, make sure you get Hering props, and not mercs. I know that your prop decision was kind of up in the air, but we finally got some test time on a few sets of Herings, and the 17x35 6 blade 16* rake set was very fast on our boat. No comparision with the mercs that we ran at loto this year. The Herings will be a bit more pricey, but worth every penny.

:party: :kiss: :iamwithstupid: :cheers2: :D

Ratickle
09-14-2010, 01:45 PM

He'll just borrow yours......:rofl:

Coolerman
09-23-2010, 12:48 PM
Any word yet from McLoed? Anything from CMI? Whipple?

spiker
09-23-2010, 05:05 PM
Seats in production, actually answered the phone on first ring, he says they are doing 3 boats, and I said all I need is 1 set MINE, since last year. Whipple - Mark talked to them today, said ok - what ever that f'n means. CMI is actually moving ahead and one set may be done 100% and tested by the end of next week and the second set right after that one.

Going down Friday to put drive shaft in to make sure it is ok and see if I hit the transon angle on the drive shaft guard, Stainless steel, will polish and clear powder coat it when done.

Coolerman
09-23-2010, 06:53 PM
looks really nice mike! FYI, the our intercoolers are being physically built as I type this! Shouldn't be long......

spiker
09-24-2010, 08:29 PM
Update on McLeod :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

LAriverratt
09-27-2010, 09:28 AM
Update on McLeod :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Can't even imagine how pizzed off you are with all the delays...:toetap05:I'd be F'n fuming!!!!! :cuss:

EXCESS ENERGY
09-27-2010, 04:35 PM
Can't even imagine how pizzed off you are with all the delays...:toetap05:I'd be F'n fuming!!!!! :cuss:

Thats the norm for these companys now a days. No one wants to stock or have anything on the shelve anymore. I have been waiting 2 plus months for 1 set of 6.8" mandley rods, every freaken week there is another story. Been waiting 3 plus months on PSI to deliver 2 blowers, when they told me 4-6 weeks, HaHa. No one in the performance world can be true to their word or deliver when they tell you. It's very sad. Bob

spiker
09-29-2010, 08:58 AM
the seats are in a holding pattern - to put it in a nut shell he does not have and owes money to whoever he has cut his seats for for him and will not supply them to him. Bob is intervening.

Mc Leod solution was to put in Formula seats as he had these in stock. What the :icon_bs:

Coolerman
09-29-2010, 10:42 AM
Mc Leod solution was to put in Formula seats as he had these in stock. What the :icon_bs:

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

BDARCHER
09-30-2010, 08:09 AM
Hang in there. Its gona be sweet ride a real custom build. Obumber :reddevil: has everything slowed down

LAriverratt
09-30-2010, 08:36 AM
Thats the norm for these companys now a days. No one wants to stock or have anything on the shelve anymore. I have been waiting 2 plus months for 1 set of 6.8" mandley rods, every freaken week there is another story. Been waiting 3 plus months on PSI to deliver 2 blowers, when they told me 4-6 weeks, HaHa. No one in the performance world can be true to their word or deliver when they tell you. It's very sad. Bob

I do realise that inventory tax and the economy would have an effect and I don't know the exact amount of time he's had this stuff to all these manufacturers but it's too long as far as I'm concerned to call any of them true professionally run business in the industry if this is how they are doing things these days. I'm sure when things are done for him he can give all of us some insight on what to expect if we ever do a custom build!! I wish him the best and can't wait to see it when it's done.

Donskihp
09-30-2010, 08:53 AM
Theres no excuse for any of those companys taking that long. The bottom line is they just don't care about you! I put a Whipple kit on my 2005 496 HO. Kit installed really nice, but the ECU recal was a nightmare. I send my Old ECU the same day I received the kit, so I could keep my down time short. Dustin knew who I was by my voice. It took nine months and 5 times mailing the ECU back. He never did get it right. I finally had a local merc. mechanic re wire my motor.

LAriverratt
09-30-2010, 02:46 PM
Theres no excuse for any of those companys taking that long. The bottom line is they just don't care about you! I put a Whipple kit on my 2005 496 HO. Kit installed really nice, but the ECU recal was a nightmare. I send my Old ECU the same day I received the kit, so I could keep my down time short. Dustin knew who I was by my voice. It took nine months and 5 times mailing the ECU back. He never did get it right. I finally had a local merc. mechanic re wire my motor.

I'm assuming that they can get away with this chit because they really don't have much competition???? I know you pay through the nose for this stuff you'd think they would be a little more prompt on getting things done and having some happy boaters bragging about the service they've gotten.

Coolerman
09-30-2010, 10:26 PM
I'm assuming that they can get away with this chit because they really don't have much competition???? I know you pay through the nose for this stuff you'd think they would be a little more prompt on getting things done and having some happy boaters bragging about the service they've gotten.

One would think so at least! :boxing_smiley:

LAriverratt
10-01-2010, 10:10 AM
One would think so at least! :boxing_smiley:

exactly....so I will have to make sure I have a turnkey boat for at least two years while I do a build or resto project???!!!???:smash:

spiker
10-01-2010, 10:19 AM
I called a few other companies that had on there site listed as they sell the Whipple Inner Cooler. They do not have in stock and could not tell me a time when they would have any.

I am at the mercy of F'N idiots

My fun meter is just about pegged

Coolerman
10-01-2010, 10:25 AM
I called a few other companies that had on there site listed as they sell the Whipple Inner Cooler. They do not have in stock and could not tell me a time when they would have any.

Everyone is a dealer these days...... but nobody wants to be a "stocking" dealer.

LAriverratt
10-01-2010, 11:02 AM

what are you looking for exactly??? I can put out some feelers to the few people I know but you have probably looked or been in touch with everyone but you never know. you may have a better chance at hitting the power ball jackpot though.

spiker
10-04-2010, 12:41 PM
Whipple Inner Cooler with the Cupronickel core - new would be preferred - any help appreciated

spiker
10-04-2010, 12:44 PM
Try this instead

endeavor1
10-04-2010, 01:47 PM
Everyone is a dealer these days...... but nobody wants to be a "stocking" dealer.

Sax, when are your coolers going to be ready???? :huh:

Coolerman
10-04-2010, 02:10 PM
Sax, when are your coolers going to be ready???? :huh:

First 2 are being machined/built right now. We already have some tentative orders.

endeavor1
10-04-2010, 02:15 PM
First 2 are being machined/built right now.

Good deal bro.

Spiker, this may be your answer

spiker
10-04-2010, 03:08 PM
may be a height issue with Saxmans - wouild not know for sure until engine hatch is on, we have a puk tank mounted on back of flame arrestor would have to reconfigure all the lines and mounting brackets possibly

Coolerman
10-04-2010, 03:12 PM
Our "Super Coolers" will be 5" tall (Mike, your whipple is 4.25" tall).

Donskihp
10-04-2010, 08:00 PM
This might be a long shot but, when Nigel was racing with the Outerlimit boat, Dustin was a part of the race team. It might be worth calling Mike Fiore at Outerlimits. He might be able to help You.

LAriverratt
10-08-2010, 12:54 PM
Try this instead

no one I know can do anything...thought I'd try tho..hope you get what you need soon:smash:

spiker
10-26-2010, 10:28 AM
Found 2 cores, still need a body, whipple has actually called a few times and talked looks promising, however we have heard it before.

Seats:beatdeadhorse5::beatdeadhorse5:

John P
10-26-2010, 01:57 PM
I feel your pain on the parts situation, as most of you know I took over The Bravo Shop and Bmax and I have been amazed at how big business is run. I have been waiting on the foundry to pour my castings for 6 months and I gave up on them 3 weeks ago and moved it to a smaller foundry and parts are now in production. The old place was on a 4 day week do to lack of work, at least that is what the bean counter told me, the shop guys told me not enough time in the week.

Stay on there back and keep hoping for the best, Can't wait to see your BT in person.

LAriverratt
10-26-2010, 04:57 PM
I feel your pain on the parts situation, as most of you know I took over The Bravo Shop and Bmax and I have been amazed at how big business is run. I have been waiting on the foundry to pour my castings for 6 months and I gave up on them 3 weeks ago and moved it to a smaller foundry and parts are now in production. The old place was on a 4 day week do to lack of work, at least that is what the bean counter told me, the shop guys told me not enough time in the week.

Stay on there back and keep hoping for the best, Can't wait to see your BT in person.

was just discussing with someone today that smaller companies are a better way of doing business sometimes..they should have a much better control on quality and a one on one from the owner to the buyer for the most part. If they run things rite it should also be a less expensive way as well.

still can't believe he's waiting on this stuff

endeavor1
10-26-2010, 09:34 PM
still can't believe he's waiting on this stuff

:iagree:

offshoreexcursion
10-26-2010, 09:35 PM
I feel bad for you waiting on these parts. Your boat looks amazing and everyone is ready to see it run! Good luck.

I feel for black thunder also. I bet they want to see their creation come together and run. Sucks for everyone.

Ratickle
10-27-2010, 01:50 PM
Found 2 cores, still need a body, whipple has actually called a few times and talked looks promising, however we have heard it before.

PM me your info on the seats and Whipple and let me see what I can accomplish, if anything.

Coolerman
10-27-2010, 07:27 PM

May not be a bad idea to have a spare core after what you've gone through to get what you have.

As far as getting that last case, its doesn't take long to machine it..... I have seen lots of people getting things before you.... it doesn't make sense. Have you talked with Dustin personally? That might not be a bad idea.

spiker
10-28-2010, 11:49 AM
Is he from Whipple

Ratickle
10-28-2010, 12:14 PM
Is he from Whipple

Yep, Art's son.

spiker
12-02-2010, 08:36 PM
Second Whipple Inner cooler is in the house, arrived today :cheers2:.. next hurdle Exhaust.

Coolerman
12-02-2010, 11:46 PM
Second Whipple Inner cooler is in the house, arrived today :cheers2:.. next hurdle Exhaust.

You have both cases and cores then? Did you get them direct from whipple or another source?

How's the interior/paint ordeal coming along?

Monopoly 46
01-18-2011, 07:21 PM
any news??

LAriverratt
01-19-2011, 02:19 PM
:toetap05::banghead::willy_nilly::lurk5:..damn you gotta be :banghead: everyday on this project...don't know how I'd be able to handle it.

spiker
01-21-2011, 06:01 PM
For your info - Mc Leod has merged with another company. Starting all over again.:banghead::confused:

offshoreexcursion
01-22-2011, 07:05 PM
Yeah it sucks waiting! but at least you are waiting on one of the coolest boats ever built! A fast condo that looks good and still handles! I am super jelous and will own at least one black thunder during my life! (yeah I talk to shane trying to work out a deal on differnent boats here and there, he is very helpful. One day it will all fall into place for me!) Just stay positive and keep moving forward the best you can!

Ratickle
01-23-2011, 12:01 PM
For your info - Mc Leod has merged with another company. Starting all over again.:banghead::confused:

Do you have a legit contact with them who is helping you?

BDARCHER
02-25-2011, 09:38 AM
Updates please

spiker
02-27-2011, 11:09 PM
Still waiting on seats, have talked to Mc Leod several times in last few days trying the squeaky wheel gets greased approach

John P
02-28-2011, 09:09 AM
Is that all thats left is the interior?

endeavor1
02-28-2011, 02:31 PM
Is that all thats left is the interior?

:iagree:

spiker
03-11-2011, 04:04 PM
Finishing up wiring and testing systems. Interior from Mc Cleod supposedly 2 weeks out yet, paint and exhaust. One question - where is the best location to mount the transducer to get the best readings for the depth finder.

Coolerman
03-12-2011, 01:49 AM
Finishing up wiring and testing systems. Interior from Mc Cleod supposedly 2 weeks out yet, paint and exhaust. One question - where is the best location to mount the transducer to get the best readings for the depth finder.

We mounted ours right in the center of the boat, as far back as we could. We don't get readings once we get on plane.

John P
03-12-2011, 09:11 AM
Plane at 120 or 60?

endeavor1
03-12-2011, 12:56 PM
Awesome, glad to hear this boat is coming together. Cant wait to see it run

BDARCHER
03-12-2011, 07:23 PM
Maybe one right before the first step. Because the one in the back is useless when on plane.

Coolerman
03-12-2011, 09:16 PM
Plane at 120 or 60?

Ours quits reading at about 15-20mph or so.......

spiker
05-25-2011, 03:23 PM
A little snap shot

John P
05-25-2011, 06:58 PM
That is little alright.

Next time step back and let us take a better look!

offshoreexcursion
05-28-2011, 02:08 AM
Tease!

BDARCHER
08-22-2011, 09:12 AM
Whats the latest

spiker
08-25-2011, 10:05 AM
Picking up from paint next week. NEED CMI to get off there ass and get Headers done

spiker
08-25-2011, 10:13 AM
One on how the truck will be painted this week should be done next wwek

Ratickle
08-25-2011, 11:43 AM
Should be close to this then.....

Short time line, sorry.......

Ratickle
08-25-2011, 11:45 AM
Picking up from paint next week. NEED CMI to get off there ass and get Headers done

What have they said to you?

endeavor1
08-25-2011, 04:59 PM
awesome!!!! looks phucking great

BDARCHER
08-25-2011, 08:27 PM
Sweet

rschap1
08-26-2011, 02:00 PM
Pretty sharp !
Well really, sorry , REAL sharp!
Who's doing the paint?

htrdlncn
08-26-2011, 02:37 PM
That is one wicked paintjob
Wont be long before its in a magazine somewhere for sure!

Monopoly 46
08-28-2011, 10:13 PM
Amazing!!!! Wen will it be done?

Coolerman
09-01-2011, 02:55 AM
How in the phuck have they not finished those headers yet.... I just don't get it.

Ratickle
09-07-2011, 08:44 AM
How in the phuck have they not finished those headers yet.... I just don't get it.

Anything we can do to help, let us know......

Coolerman
10-31-2011, 12:00 PM
Hey Mike, any news on the headers?

Ratickle
11-01-2011, 07:11 AM
Interestingly enough, there is an article on CMI in the new Powerboat I got yesterday.

spiker
12-20-2011, 04:24 PM
If I couild get a little help with a few final items I would be grateful for the information.

1. During the process of removing items from the boat before painting and storing in my trailer while the boat was painted, my trailer gets stole along with the neighbors truck to pull it. Luckily it was mostly my spare parts, water pump, transmission, starter, alternator and so on. What I cannot find is my pole light, the base is a Perko base and if i remenber correctly it is a 2 light unit, one light in the front to operate with the side marker lights and transom light and the back to light with the front while at anchor, cannot find the model - anyone know?

2. Need the measurements for installing the metal hatch slide that connects to the actuator, or basically how far from the rear hinge forward to the center of the piece?

Only 2 stumbling blocks left in the wiring, finding the oil pressure sending temp wires on both ends of the wiring harness and connecting to guages, and verifying the alarm circuits.

Thanks - Mike

Coolerman
12-20-2011, 05:09 PM
Mike, glad to hear progress is being made on the boat, but sorry to hear about the utility trailer/parts/neighbors truck.

The perko pole we have says 5/242/89 A16, but I can't find anything when I google that. They probably changed the part since our boat was made.

Any updates on CMI or Mcloed?

spiker
12-20-2011, 05:31 PM
McLeod came through - Justin the new guy was great to work with once he had all the information that had been talked about in the past. Have all the interior, have installed once and taken out again until wiring and cockpit area done.

Exhaust - working through the issues

Ratickle
12-20-2011, 05:44 PM
Glad to hear you're moving along again.....

I doubt any of the same items will be on my 43' that match your 46'.

spiker
02-15-2012, 01:11 PM
A little progress - right side dash wired and shot of engine compartment so far

Ratickle
02-15-2012, 01:30 PM
Ohhhhhh Baby!!!!!!!!!!!

Looking really sweet......

Monopoly 46
02-15-2012, 01:51 PM
Great looking boat haven't seen one with a better paint job
Brett

John P
02-15-2012, 02:33 PM
A little progress - right side dash wired and shot of engine compartment so far

Can't wait to see it up close!!

Ratickle
02-16-2012, 12:20 PM
Same here.

I keep looking at the dash. There is so much stuff there I don't have that I'm making a list of modifications and what he's done.

Moving the throttles is one I don't think I'll tackle though....

Coolerman
02-17-2012, 12:59 PM
Looks great Mike. Let us know if you need anything when it comes to dialing her in.

John P
02-23-2012, 08:58 AM
Looks great Mike. Let us know if you need anything when it comes to dialing her in.

X2, I drive, ride, can hold the light, get a beer and oh ya talk crap with Jason.

rschap1
02-23-2012, 02:21 PM
WOW ! ! !

Coolerman
02-23-2012, 03:32 PM
X2, I drive, ride, can hold the light, get a beer and oh ya talk crap with Jason.

lmao......

Ratickle
02-24-2012, 02:06 PM
But can you talk crap back?????:toetap05:

John P
02-25-2012, 09:16 AM
But can you talk crap back?????:toetap05:
I have to give him this one he is the king of crap talking!!

Coolerman
02-25-2012, 07:42 PM
I have to give him this one he is the king of crap talking!!

:)

spiker
02-28-2012, 12:17 PM
A few more, stereo system done , upgraded the speakers and added another amp, will mount bolsters this week, and do the other side of the dash729187292072919

John P
02-28-2012, 10:40 PM
That is sure to be the baddest BT out there!!

Ratickle
02-29-2012, 08:50 PM
Needs a little more bling though.......:leaving:

Coolerman
03-02-2012, 12:16 AM
I hope the boat ends up needing a speedo that goes higher......

weekend@burnies
03-02-2012, 10:42 PM
very nice build!

spiker
04-05-2012, 10:38 AM
A few more cockpit done - business end of the power and my boss on the project 73237732387323973240

John P
04-05-2012, 06:52 PM
Nice!!

offshoreexcursion
04-06-2012, 11:00 PM
Wow it looks great! Thanks for all the updates, we really enjoy them.

Looks like your all setup to buy Black Thunder the company and start making some boats!

Ratickle
04-07-2012, 09:46 PM
I agree, sounds like a good plan.

torrent
05-25-2012, 07:57 AM
Any updates?

BDARCHER
06-01-2012, 09:14 AM
When is the splash date :03:

spiker
06-01-2012, 12:07 PM
When is the splash date :03:

Waiting on exhaust, had to order another hatch actuator, bolt on drives, install pin cleats, wire genset and put it in the water.

Had some family issues to attend to the last several months in between a work trip to Argentina for 10 days, now back and working on it most every night and on weekends until its done.73835

Ratickle
06-02-2012, 08:53 AM
I cannot wait to hear how this one does......

Awesome boat.....

spiker
06-11-2012, 03:30 PM
Jason - getting ready to hang the drives, did you guys set them neutral or slightly toed in or out. Looking for a starting point.

Coolerman
06-11-2012, 04:06 PM
Depends if you are spinning in or out..... If you spin in, the drives want to pull themselves together, so you toe them out. If you spin out, the drives pull themselves apart and you should toe in just a bit. I'm not sure on the exact measurements..... Maybe a 1/4"? Don't quote me on that one though. The toe in/out is also dependent upon how much power the boat has.

Are you going to spin them in with a hering 6 blade?

spiker
06-12-2012, 04:04 PM
Yes I will spin in and use a 6 blade

John P
06-12-2012, 06:38 PM
I set them at 1/8".

spiker
06-13-2012, 02:09 PM
Thanks, did you play around much or hit it at the 1/8" right off the start

John P
06-14-2012, 08:09 AM
I tried them all lined up with 0 toe and 1/16 and now at the 1/8. I not going to lie there has not been much change but trips maybe different than twins on the set up and feeling it when you drive.

Ratickle
06-15-2012, 07:59 AM
From Bob Teague in an old Powerboat Magazine

TOE-IN OR OUT?

QUESTION: Can you explain the correct procedure for setting the drive alignment on a twin-engine boat? I would think that if they are not in correct alignment, you could be scrubbing speed.

On a car, there is a certain amount of toe-in, and when the car starts moving, that position will change. Is a boat the same? Does the procedure change with regard to the direction the props are turning?

ANSWER: Traditionally, the front suspension on an automobile is set up so the wheels have a slight amount of toe-in. Being that there is (probably more in the old days) a certain amount of slop or play in the suspension or steering components such as ball joints, drag links, bushings and so on, if the front wheels were not set slightly toed-in to keep a constant load in one direction, the result would be what is called a shimmy. A shimmy can lead to a violent shaking of the front wheels and the steering wheel.

The amount the drives should be toed-in or toed-out on a boat depends on a number of factors. The most common considerations are hull type, drive type, propeller shaft depth and propeller rotation.

Generally speaking, twin-engine V-bottom boats with the propellers spinning out are usually set up with the drives toed-in slightly. It is common to set the nose of the drives about 1/8-inch closer together than the aft end of the prop shafts. The theory is that water exiting from the back of the hull is being parted slightly by the keel, so setting the drives at a slightly toed-in angle would result in them running more aligned with the water flow. That is only a theory. What we do know is that certain boats handle better with varying degrees of drive toe-in or toe-out.

If the propeller shafts are high enough so the propellers are surfacing, the side load created by the propeller blades seeing cleaner water in the lower sweep of their rotation will tend to push the drive in one direction. Similar to an automobile suspension, there is a slight amount of play in the gimbal ring and transom assembly pins and attachments.

The side force created by a surfacing propeller will load the drive and transom assembly in the opposite direction of the propeller rotation. In other words, if the propeller is a right-hand rotation (clockwise from the rear), the result is that the force is the same as turning (or flexing) the drive to the right, and vice versa.

If your propellers are surfacing and turning out, the toe-in (nose cones closer together) will increase under load. And, if the propellers are rotating inward (port clockwise and starboard counter-clockwise), the force will tend to pull the prop shafts closer together resulting in toeing the drives outward. The deviation is related to the type and condition of the gimbals and transom assemblies, and how high the propeller shafts are when the boat is underway. The result of the movement under load should be considered when deciding what the ultimate setup is relative to drive toe-in or toe-out.

Catamaran hulls that are running a high X dimension with the drive placement very close to the tunnel present additional criteria to consider. If the drives are close enough to the tunnel wall so that the sweep of the propeller blade is seeing clean water exiting from inside the tunnel, there is a tendency to neutralize the affect on the propeller created by water exiting from the angle of the running surface of the sponson.

The bottom line is to get some advice from the manufacturer or someone who knows a lot about your particular type of boat and setup. Then start from a setting and make minor adjustments testing the boat each time to gauge the affect on the handling and efficiency.

Always measure the toe-in or toe-out with the drives trimmed to a neutral position and the steering straight. With an assistant, measure from the front of the center of the nose cones or bullets compared to the center of the aft end of the prop shafts. If you run the boat and discover that the toe-in measurement has changed by itself, the indication is that there is significant slop in your transom assemblies, tiebar or steering. A change in the measurement also could be because the transom assemblies themselves are moving on the boat’s transom and need to be re-torqued.

Coolerman
06-17-2012, 06:12 PM
I set them at 1/8".

Hey John, just checked with Dennis and we set them at 1/8" as well (toed out because we spin in).

endeavor1
06-20-2012, 11:48 PM
Hey John, just checked with Dennis and we set them at 1/8" as well (toed out because we spin in).

Who is this Dennis guy and what would he know...... lol.... jking

Ratickle
06-21-2012, 10:15 PM
I believe he is the "Master" to our young "Grasshopper" friend....:)

endeavor1
06-23-2012, 04:44 AM
I believe he is the "Master" to our young "Grasshopper" friend....:)

Call me a Grasshopper then too.......... Dennis has helped me immensly over the years with questions i have had. Always a wealth of knowledge. Now Saxman on the other hand.... well, lets just say he is gonna be a great rail-roader!!!

Ratickle
06-23-2012, 06:51 AM
I know. I have Dennis's exhaust on the BT......

A "Great" rail-roader????????:sifone:

spiker
06-26-2012, 12:38 PM
Ok next step - installing the engine hatch actuator due to engine configuration and piping in need to add an additional lift and use two, one on each side, i do not want to use the slides and would rather install the pivot connector directly to the hatch lid. looking for measurements on where you guys have your installed. Mine will be a little different as the hatch lid is 7" longer than any that were made due to making the engine room 7" longer to accomodate the staggered motors.

I cannot use the center stringer at all and will ned to mount on the outside stringers.

Ratickle
06-27-2012, 11:25 AM
Let me get some pics and measurements. You may be similar to mine, as I do not have the extended cockpit version.

spiker
06-28-2012, 09:29 AM
thanks

Ratickle
06-28-2012, 10:42 AM
Here are the pin locations with tape in the pic.

First one is the Starboard attachement to the hatch. I'm just using a brace on it now I cut and drilled out of pipe, but you can see where it originally attached, then where it was moved to when we added the generator and had to space it back a bit.

This is the bottom starboard. Measurement is back from the main bulkhead. You can see where the generator was added and the spacer we made under it for the actuator.

These next two are bottom port. From inside of the hull side and back from the seat bulkhead.

These two are top port. Top starboard location used to be identical before the gen addition.

Is your hatch configuration the same based on what you see?

spiker
06-28-2012, 04:52 PM
Looking at it it does i will measure and set up.

Our preliminary measurement looked like the base would be 20 inches from he bulkhead and the top mount would be 19.5 inches bask from the fron of the hatch. we based this on manually raising the hatch with t he pad on and raising to a pont were there was not much of the pad being curled up by the back of the pad being curled up by interference from compressing on the boat. what opening dimension does that give you to crawl through

Ratickle
06-28-2012, 04:58 PM
Mine are vertical. I'll go double check the pad and hinge setup.

spiker
06-28-2012, 05:45 PM
mine will be almost vertical as well my pad seems so dam heavy compared to the baja i dont know if the extra 7 inches is making that much difference but two people my size have a difficult time opening it up when completely shut. Do not think I could do it by myself.

Ratickle
06-28-2012, 10:39 PM
Are you talking about opening the hatch when the pads are on, by hand???

spiker
06-29-2012, 10:00 AM
At some point it will be not if the actuators or fuse fail but when, so manually lifting the hatch will be needed to get into the bilge.

My measurements are approximetely the same as your

Ratickle
06-29-2012, 11:02 AM
Some guys are putting in a jumper spot for the actuators in case of fuse or battery failure. But, I know what you mean about weight. I've been strongly considering building new hatches using carbon fiber/kevlar/balsa core boards instead of the ones BT made. We'll see long term.

Do you have access to pull the pins in case of failure?

The other thing you could do, add hatch manual assist lifts to compensate for some of the weight. Similar to any manual hatch system. You could probably take at least half the effort out, and it wouldn't affect the power lifts at all.

Coolerman
06-29-2012, 05:15 PM
Hey Mike, we built an alum frame for our hatches and put a piece of deca-lite on top. It's pretty light...... I can lift one hatch up and down with it on my head. The hatch is then held onto the boat with heavy duty rex marine hinges. With the hatches open, I can pull myself out of the bilge while hanging on them. They don't flex and bend around..... it's a really solid setup.

Also, just thought I'd pass this classified on to you. I talked to Ed and they are a full 1100hp rated. Hering 6 blades - 17 x 35 16 Degree rake - OffshoreOnly Classifieds - Boat Classifieds - Boat Parts (http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifieds/hering_6_blades_17_x_35_16_degree_rake-o46303-en.html)

Ratickle
06-29-2012, 06:56 PM
Have you got some pics of your hatch setup Jason? I actually don't remeber noticing them, even with all the pics I've looked at of your boat.

Coolerman
06-29-2012, 08:39 PM
Have you got some pics of your hatch setup Jason? I actually don't remeber noticing them, even with all the pics I've looked at of your boat.

Here's a couple

Coolerman
06-29-2012, 08:52 PM
The only issue with our hatches is that we can't run the carbs on the front of the blower (PSI's pull air directly from in front and were not designed with the idea of having carbs in tandem). Also, if the motors get much of any taller from a bigger intake or flame arrestor, the alum frame would catch on the flame arrestor when opening.

Ratickle
06-30-2012, 04:27 PM
I would think, with the aluminum frame idea, you could offset the part you needed to to miss the arrestors etc.

Jason, any idea of the old weight vs the new weight?

Coolerman
07-07-2012, 01:03 AM
Not sure on the exact weight, but we saved well over 50lbs total. You could make a single alum hatch lighter than 2 alum hatches, I would think at least.

rschap1
07-07-2012, 11:04 AM
Looks pretty HD !

endeavor1
07-07-2012, 11:21 PM
Not sure on the exact weight, but we saved well over 50lbs total. You could make a single alum hatch lighter than 2 alum hatches, I would think at least.

I thought that was bc you threw out the fat chicks....

Ratickle
07-08-2012, 11:04 PM
I thought that was bc you threw out the fat chicks....

I think that one had another zero in the number!!!!!:eek:

endeavor1
07-08-2012, 11:10 PM
I think that one had another zero in the number!!!!!:eek:

Agreed -

Paul - you should see the one he took out on Friday night. Purty as hell and educated - mechanical engineering degree if I remember correctly. Could you imagine the HP they could produce out of an engine with all that knowledge!!! Plus she is hotttt

spiker
07-24-2012, 06:11 PM
Drives are hung and engine room hatch actuators are in, leak checked, and operational, had to massage trim tabs, having powder coated and will install this weekend.

offshoreexcursion
07-25-2012, 11:08 PM
sorta looks like your drives might have spent a few days at WCM? Either way looks like its coming along great!

Ratickle
07-26-2012, 10:42 PM
I'm really getting anxious for this one to hit the water. :drool5:

endeavor1
07-27-2012, 10:46 AM
When is a rough guestimate for the boat to make its debut?

Coolerman
07-28-2012, 12:06 PM
E1, you sir are a dick!! lmao

endeavor1
07-28-2012, 12:11 PM
E1, you sir are my hero!! lmao

Why thank you Sax man.!!

Coolerman
07-29-2012, 02:57 AM
Why thank you Sax man.!!

FYI, she eventually met someone on match.com....... I did her a favor.

Now, back to Spikers rig. Any updates? You gonna run at the shootout?

Ratickle
07-29-2012, 10:57 PM
That would be cool.

Are you again?

endeavor1
07-30-2012, 10:31 AM
Are you again?

From the pix i got yesterday - I would say yes and they are strong contenders!!!

Ratickle
07-31-2012, 09:28 AM
If they show they are always strong contenders. (As long as Dennis doesn't have an early exit!!:bump:)

Love that boat.....

Nevr2nd
08-01-2012, 07:28 PM
From the pix i got yesterday - I would say yes and they are strong contenders!!!

How'd you get a pic?? A** kisser!!

endeavor1
08-05-2012, 01:48 PM
How'd you get a pic?? A** kisser!!

I know someone in the know....

Ratickle
08-06-2012, 11:35 AM
Well, we just can't believe you without a post of the pic in question....:toetap05:

endeavor1
08-07-2012, 12:24 PM
Well, we just can't believe you without a post of the pic in question....:toetap05:

secret speedo pic

Ratickle
08-08-2012, 10:49 AM
Spiker has to be getting really close, anything???????

Coolerman
08-08-2012, 11:15 PM
Nobody wants to see a pic of my speedo!

EXCESS ENERGY
08-09-2012, 03:15 PM
Nobody wants to see a pic of my speedo!

YES WE DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SPEEDOMETER THAT IS, OR SHOULD I SAY GPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ratickle
08-10-2012, 10:18 AM
Make sure you make that VERY clear....

No more pics of a Coolerman in Speedos.....

Are you for sure going to the Shootout Jason????

Coolerman
08-12-2012, 05:52 PM
Yep, we will be at loto for sure!

racer511
08-13-2012, 08:26 AM
Yep, we will be at loto for sure!

I will see you there

Coolerman
08-14-2012, 07:43 PM
I will see you there

Looking forward to it Shane! Your boat will be on display to, right?

racer511
08-15-2012, 07:34 AM
Looking forward to it Shane! Your boat will be on display to, right?

Yes, we will have it at the shootout on display

Ratickle
08-15-2012, 09:34 PM
Best of luck Jason. The magical 150 would sure be sweet......:cheers2:

Coolerman
08-16-2012, 04:07 PM
Best of luck Jason. The magical 150 would sure be sweet......:cheers2:

I'll be more than happy with a simple 140! That 140 mark is pretty tough to grab in a vee. Many have tried, 3 have come close, but nobody has actually done it yet. To get it up there, you really have to have it loosened up, which is nerve wracking when you drive by the cove at the 2/3 mark where a gust of wind can send you into a "death walk", which is not ideal when the next portion of the track is a rock faced cliff.

Ratickle
08-17-2012, 08:15 AM
"Simple" 140 ??????? :sifone:

Just make sure you guys remember you have more than one shot at it if you spot a roller or the wind is goofy....

endeavor1
08-19-2012, 11:33 AM
"Simple" 140 ??????? :sifone:

Just make sure you guys remember you have ONLY one shot at it if you spot a roller or the wind is goofy....

+1 . . . let it all hang out on the first run!! . I ll try and be there Sunday to help with those fine ass ropes you have!!

Coolerman
08-20-2012, 06:09 PM
We got some new lines and fenders as well!

Monopoly 46
08-20-2012, 11:02 PM
Good luck Coolerman!!!! what kind of line did ya get?!
Brett
Any one plan on doing the pokerrun fri not the fun run the actual cap. Rons funrun???

Ratickle
08-21-2012, 09:50 PM
Is your project boat done Brett?

Monopoly 46
09-07-2012, 09:45 PM
Is your project boat done Brett?

The fountain???
Brett

Ratickle
09-07-2012, 10:39 PM
Yep, how's that going?

Monopoly 46
09-11-2012, 10:37 PM
Yep, how's that going?

Great!! Got it all done and it is now for sale 35K with a triple axle trailer.
Brett

Ratickle
09-12-2012, 08:38 AM
You do all that work, and now you're gonna sell it!!!!

Another move towards the Skater???