PDA

View Full Version : Triple Crown

scottc
10-14-2009, 02:15 PM
What was the triple crown race all about? Is it a race within a race? Did it have it's own prize? I have heard different things and would like to find the facts.

DAREDEVIL
10-14-2009, 02:53 PM
As far as i know it was a 3 race event,,the highest point leader from these 3 races got an extra price ?!

Call Smitty.

MOBILEMERCMAN
10-14-2009, 03:03 PM
When my son asks a question he already knows the answer to I call it a Penalty Question.

I suspect Scott knows all about the triple crown series. After all it took place two seasons in a row. Ocean City, Patchogue, Cambridge.

OldSchool
10-14-2009, 03:07 PM
When my son asks a question he already knows the answer to I call it a Penalty Question.

...Or a lame attempt to stir up chit.

imco offshore
10-14-2009, 03:17 PM
rutt roooo

Smitty1035
10-14-2009, 04:17 PM
Wtf?

scottc
10-14-2009, 04:40 PM
There is a few roomers floating around out there about it and when I ran it, it was a 3 race event to get more racers involved with the whole year. Some have said it is an addition to the normal points, almost like extra points, and some have said it is it's own event. I did not know if it changed this year due to everything going on. My understanding it is it's onw event within the normal events.

OldSchool
10-14-2009, 04:46 PM
There is a few roomers floating around out there about it and when I ran it, it was a 3 race event to get more racers involved with the whole year. Some have said it is an addition to the normal points, almost like extra points, and some have said it is it's own event. I did not know if it changed this year due to everything going on. My understanding it is it's onw event within the normal events.

Keep diggin!!

Sean H
10-14-2009, 04:48 PM
So who were the Triple Crown winners?

scottc
10-14-2009, 04:51 PM

I suspect Scott knows all about the triple crown series. After all it took place two seasons in a row. Ocean City, Patchogue, Cambridge.

The first season it was Ocean City, Patchogue and Point Pleasant. This year things were changed from Point Pleasant to Cambridge. With that change is where the questions came in.

SVL66
10-14-2009, 05:08 PM
As I understand it, The Triple Crown consisted of Ocean City, Patchogue, And Cambridge

Its a bit different from last year. Whereas, each race has its own individual purse. There is no addtional purse for the triple crown winners. The triple crown trophies will be awarded to their respective recipients at the OPA winter Awards.

Hope that helps

MOBILEMERCMAN
10-14-2009, 05:24 PM
Sorry Scott it appears I spoke out in haste.

Sean I added up the points it appears unofficially that the winners will be

Extractor
Wazzup
Bull on the Beach
Bounty Hunter by one point over Progressive
Specialized
Cotner Trailers

SVL66
10-14-2009, 05:26 PM

Lightening Jacks
Wazzup
Bull on the Beach
Specialized
Cotner Trailers

DAMN kill swith!!!!:ack2:

Our Compromise
10-14-2009, 05:30 PM
The definition of "Rumor" - talk not based on definite knowledge.

A wise man once said, "he who acts on rumors is blind to the truth."

Spectators should stay spectators and leave the business to those who run the business

glassdave
10-14-2009, 05:37 PM

Lightening Jacks
Wazzup
Bull on the Beach
Specialized
Cotner Trailers

I thought Extractor had the class one Triple Crown. We blew up at two of 'em so that pretty much leaves us out. :ack2:

I dont think Scott was trying to stir the pot but the event was kinda vague to some of us racers. I dont honestly think anyone was trying to hide anything but the way the sponsorships and race schedules worked out ended up taking teams in some different directions. I know that it wasnt the same arraignment as last years but no biggie we had a pretty good year.

MOBILEMERCMAN
10-14-2009, 05:48 PM
Dave You are correct Extractor did. I will correct my post. I must really be bored adding OPA points

Ratickle
10-14-2009, 05:50 PM
Dave You are correct Extractor did. I will correct my post. I must really be bored adding OPA points

:rofl:...:rofl:...:rofl:

You raced OPA. You can go to the winter party.....

MOBILEMERCMAN
10-14-2009, 05:52 PM
Does anyone live further away then me.

Ratickle
10-14-2009, 05:52 PM
Does anyone live further away then me.

Don't think so....

Wait, What about Teague????

Sean H
10-14-2009, 05:53 PM
Teague has ya beat Jim.

MOBILEMERCMAN
10-14-2009, 05:54 PM
I suppose.......Besides him?

glassdave
10-14-2009, 06:33 PM

add some to ours while your at it :D

Wahoo 214
10-15-2009, 11:19 AM
Jim, Dont forget to bring that famous blender.

AugiePensa
10-15-2009, 12:14 PM
As I understand it, The Triple Crown consisted of Ocean City, Patchogue, And Cambridge

Its a bit different from last year. Whereas, each race has its own individual purse. There is no addtional purse for the triple crown winners. The triple crown trophies will be awarded to their respective recipients at the OPA winter Awards.

Hope that helps

Ladies and Gents, Bruce is correct! Good listening at the meetings Bruce. There IS some important $hit said at the drivers meetings but if your not sure, OPA 732-920-3945.

Spicy
10-15-2009, 12:36 PM
...Or a lame attempt to stir up chit.

Wtf?

Keep diggin!!

Tick Tock.... Tick Tock.... :sifone: :lurk5: :26:

AugiePensa
10-15-2009, 04:31 PM
:beatdeadhorse5::sifone:

TCEd
10-18-2009, 11:08 AM
The definition of "Rumor" - talk not based on definite knowledge.

A wise man once said, "he who acts on rumors is blind to the truth."

Spectators should stay spectators and leave the business to those who run the business

Great, drive the spectators away, that will really please the few sponsors boat racing has.
ed

Devilman
11-06-2009, 10:37 AM
When is the awards party and are we having it at Augie's

AugiePensa
11-06-2009, 05:30 PM
February, we are putting it together with The NJPPC and The Skiffs. We are trying to put it on a different weekend than The NJPPC so we can attend their winter awards party and they can attend ours being they are a very big part of our safety and just good friends. The skiffs are gonna present their national champions at OPA Awards Party and I'm Ordering The Food so ya know your gonna well!