PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to Edit Marine and Active Thunder

rtaylor
11-09-2008, 10:25 PM
I took my Activator with twin outboards to Miami 2 weeks ago but had a bad starboard engine which kept cutting out. Had taken it to 3 different shops over the past 2 months and didn't have much luck. I called Ed at Edit Marine on Friday morning, November 7th. As a stroke of luck, he returned my call in minutes and guaranteed he would have me running by the end of the day and on my way to watch the Key West races for the weekend.

He spent several hours with me that day and trouble shot the problem, and even took it out on a test run with me. Well, later that evening as 7pm rolled around, he finished up while Pat from Active Thunder stood by in support. Sure enough my girlfriend and I arrived later that night in Key West with the boat and had a great weekend out on the water.

These guys didn't know me from a hole in the wall but still took the time to get a guy out on the water when they could have been home with their families.

All I can say is "wow". I am lucky to have come across such professionals, guys who do what they do with passion. Here I am in the Active Thunder shop with an Activator with outboards. I think that says a lot, because they had plenty to do without me coming along to disturb their work.

Hats off to Pat and Ed. Just when I started to lose faith in this sport and the people behind it, you have restored my excitement. These guys are a wealth of knowledge and experience, and more importantly, passionate and decent fellows.

Thanks Again.

Randy Taylor

inbetween
11-09-2008, 10:33 PM
That's the way it should be! :cheers2:

More people and businesses should be like these folks.

Griff
11-09-2008, 11:04 PM
Its always great to hear about people in the marine business that go out of their way to help a fellow boater out.

Boatfreak
11-09-2008, 11:12 PM
My old buddy Pat didn't make ya drink one of his Miller Lites did he?

rtaylor
11-09-2008, 11:19 PM
He tried and I resisted.

cosmic12
11-09-2008, 11:53 PM
Pat is one of the the true FOR THE LOVE OF THE SPORT guys. He is always ready to help and is also one of the very few builders to come on these boards and offer advice and informitive info. I haven't seen him here yet but I am sure he will show up or A.T. least I hope so. Good to read positive things in these times. Thanks

catmando
11-09-2008, 11:58 PM
I love these stories! :) Beats long duck dong anytime.

R'Addiction
11-10-2008, 12:21 AM
He tried and I resisted.

No Kool-Aid? :drool5: Ever since I met Pat in early 1999 at the Baltimore Boat show, which he sent me tickets for, He's been helpful in everything that I've questioned him about. He built us a Tantrum and he built it right and we love it like the day we picked it up in Pompano. This is just another reason that when I can afford to buy a bigger boat it will be from Pat and Active Thunder Boats. :sifone:

OldSchool
11-10-2008, 08:49 AM
That's great to hear!! I've heard nothing but good things about Pat!!

BUzzED
11-10-2008, 08:53 AM
This is just another reason that when I can afford to buy a bigger boat it will be from Pat and Active Thunder Boats. :sifone:

Have you ever considered taking the money you have budgeted for alcohol & swaping it w/ your boat budget. You would probably be in a new 43' w/ trip 1075s !!! :26:

SLBOATDRINKS
11-10-2008, 09:28 AM
Great story.

You were at the shop, how's my boat looking? :D

Sydwayz
11-10-2008, 11:15 AM
rtaylor,
I'm sitting here at the shop looking at your boat. Its a BEAUTIFUL boat. If I wasn't flying out in a few hours, I might have had to see what she handles like!

rtaylor
11-10-2008, 08:09 PM
SLBOATDRINKS:

Which was yours? All in the shop looked great. There were two AT's being built and there were several others in the shop.

SLBOATDRINKS
11-10-2008, 08:32 PM
SLBOATDRINKS:

Which was yours? All in the shop looked great. There were two AT's being built and there were several others in the shop.

Thought my avitar would give it away....Remedy.

Airpacker
11-10-2008, 08:41 PM
Sure is nice to hear a "Good" story about marine service these days. So many "bads" out there, its a breath of fresh air.

rtaylor
11-11-2008, 12:44 AM
That's strange, I didn't see an avatar earlier on my screen. Whoa, Remedy is awesome. It's on my wish list.

ItsPeanut
11-22-2008, 02:29 AM
I would also like to say thanks to Pat and Ed. Because if it wasnt for them i would have never got on on the water with Randy to see all the excitement. Thanks guys.

yesrej
11-22-2008, 02:48 AM
i met pat in miami last year and it was great meeting him. straight guy, tells you what he knows, and answers questions. he also builds a great boat. i also met brian (sydwayz)
who knows what he was talkin about.. great bunch of people.

spilman
11-22-2008, 10:18 AM
I bought my AT from its 2nd owner, Pat was not involved in the sale. But, when I needed a rocker switch he sent me 3; no charge in short notice. When I needed rub rail he helped me out....when I have questions he is there and he always responds to e-mails. I have heard so many terrible stories throughout this industry, but I have had nothing but great experiences with Pat and Active Thunder. Plus he builds the best all around performance boats and stands behind them. Only a few in this industry can honestly make that claim.
Hats off to AT & Pat!

Tommy Gun
11-22-2008, 11:18 AM
It's nice to read something positive for a change. Pat / AT has a great reputation and it's obvious as to why.

MarylandMark
11-22-2008, 11:35 AM
That's strange, I didn't see an avatar earlier on my screen. Whoa, Remedy is awesome. It's on my wish list.

It can be yours! The time is now...

http://www.seriousoffshore.com/forums/showthread.php?t=497

:sifone:

SLBOATDRINKS
11-22-2008, 11:43 AM
It can be yours! The time is now...

http://www.seriousoffshore.com/forums/showthread.php?t=497

:sifone:

Make an offer.

Christmas is coming!

R'Addiction
11-22-2008, 10:48 PM
Have you ever considered taking the money you have budgeted for alcohol & swaping it w/ your boat budget. You would probably be in a new 43' w/ trip 1075s !!! :26:

Maybe not triples!! If you did the same you would be in a 40+ foot Skater with turbines.....:rofl::)

Activeshack
11-23-2008, 06:04 PM
Maybe not triples!! If you did the same you would be in a 40+ foot Skater with turbines.....:rofl::)

LMAO :biggrinjester: