PDA

View Full Version : Who raced the most in 2009? I counted look here.

MOBILEMERCMAN
10-09-2009, 11:51 PM
All right racers. I spent all day counting races and created a spread sheet to show who did what. The list is number of races in descending order.

Typhoon ran the most at 17. He had two boats congratulations Randy. It is 18 if you count the time you throttled for Bruce..

Gary, Miccosukee V, Amsoil, Simmons Racing round out the top 5.

Geico, Ryan Beckley, Aqua Mania, Hard Rock and Rock Star finish in the top 10.

See the complete list

MOBILEMERCMAN
10-10-2009, 01:12 AM
I suppose Paul W deserves an honorable mention. He drove most of the races for Amsoil and Gary. I have no way of knowing his number but, I expect it may be more than Randy.

Congratulations to all. You are the fortunate ones.

DAREDEVIL
10-10-2009, 01:15 AM
[QUOTE=MOBILEMERCMAN;338270]I suppose Paul W deserves an honorable mention. He drove most of the races for Amsoil and Gary. I have no way of knowing his number but, I expect it may be more than Randy.

I would think u are correct on that.

Can't wait to see u all in KW.

Scotty B
10-10-2009, 07:16 AM
You have us listed for 1 opa, we did OC and Pathogue

Ratickle
10-10-2009, 07:36 AM
That's weird Jimbo. I was just chatting with Ryan about that.

I'm curious, did you count actual races? Or just race sites?

Like you ran P and SVL in LOTO. Count as one or two? Cause I was gonna count it as two.

Randy ran 3 in St Clair...

MOBILEMERCMAN
10-10-2009, 11:04 AM
You have us listed for 1 opa, we did OC and Pathogue

Scott I am Sorry,

I correct it.

Ratickle
10-10-2009, 12:25 PM
Got it figured out Jim. Thanks...

Why'd you stop at 5 races run?

MOBILEMERCMAN
10-10-2009, 01:02 PM
Got it figured out Jim. Thanks...

Why'd you stop at 5 races run?

I had to make a few corrections. It was mind bending figuring out who did what and who raced twice. I did not include boats that accumulated points in 2 classes in one race. A number of boats ran twice on race weekends. They are included in the count.

I started as a full season list. With the way the season played out with a joint race it got confusing. Only OPA's result sheet included the seasons last event. It twisted my brain counting on the different sheets. Any way the OPA guys ran 6 events, SBI 8 events and OSS 4 with 1 joint race.

I included OPA teams that missed 1 race in the list. That is were 5 came from. There were OSS teams that did all 4 and were not included.

I just realized another multi boat team I may have missed. Team Extreme has 3 boats to pick from. I will have to check it out. I hope I have included everyone.

Sean H
10-10-2009, 03:37 PM
I suppose Paul W deserves an honorable mention. He drove most of the races for Amsoil and Gary. I have no way of knowing his number but, I expect it may be more than Randy.

Congratulations to all. You are the fortunate ones.

and Gary ran with Teague a few times as well....

Louietherigger
10-11-2009, 07:47 AM
Wow nice work Jim,
I'm gonna use this list to show my wife so I can show her how race deprived I am! She will have no choice but to let me race some more.
Thanks
Louie

Ratickle
10-11-2009, 08:44 AM
Wow nice work Jim,
I'm gonna use this list to show my wife so I can show her how race deprived I am! She will have no choice but to let me race some more.
Thanks
Louie

Good idea Louie. How'd her pictures come out from LOTO??????

Pete B
10-11-2009, 10:07 AM
Sweet Avatar Louie!

Champion Kid
10-12-2009, 08:19 AM
Jim , Rockstar ran 8, P1 races this year too and:sifone: paid for both classes !

Ratickle
10-12-2009, 08:22 AM
Jim , Rockstar ran 8, P1 races this year too and:sifone: paid for both classes !

Is that the Baby Rockstar boat?

DAREDEVIL
10-12-2009, 08:56 AM
Is that the Baby Rockstar boat?

there is NO baby rockstar boat .

Wahoo 214
10-12-2009, 09:03 AM
I also ran Harrison P5 and my boat ran St Clair P5 and SVL.. . I only wish it would have been more.

Ratickle
10-12-2009, 09:04 AM
there is NO baby rockstar boat .

You're right. I was thinking Baby Hardrock.......

Ratickle
10-12-2009, 09:04 AM
I also ran Harrison P5 and my boat ran St Clair P5 and SVL.. . I only wish it would have been more.

That's why I asked why he stopped at 5...:sifone:

Ratickle
10-12-2009, 09:08 AM

Back to back races are fun, and tough.....I know when we ran St Clair P5, then one race off to fix the boat, then ran SVL it was a blast, but hectic.

Randy ran all three races between his two Typhoon boats.....He had to be sore.....

Makes me want to make sure I get a boat that is capable of doing that though.....

MOBILEMERCMAN
10-12-2009, 09:08 AM

I counted races; the number of times a boat ran. I did not include when points were incurred for 2 classes in one run. I don't care what they paid for. A few of them like Sarasota were not even complete races.

Ratickle
10-12-2009, 09:09 AM
I counted races; the number of times a boat ran. I did not include when points were incurred for 2 classes in one run. I don't care what they paid for. A few of them like Sarasota were not even complete races.

:confused:

Run one race, finish with points in two classes????? You sure????

I thought you meant like you did in LOTO and we did at St Clair.....

MOBILEMERCMAN
10-12-2009, 09:18 AM

Dean their were a few special exceptions like yours I did not include. You were a multi boat team at St Clair. Very Cool. :sifone:

Did you run with Paul in Harrison? If so I will add a race to your total.

I know Paul enjoyed running your boat. It is rare for someone to offer out their boat as you did. Hard Rock ran a two boat team in a few events too.

In years past I ran a boat in a two boat team..I was lucky than as Paul was this time.

This year I ran the Bimini Run in a different boat and did not include it.

MOBILEMERCMAN
10-12-2009, 09:23 AM
:confused:

Run one race, finish with points in two classes????? You sure????

I thought you meant like you did in LOTO and we did at St Clair.....

I believe so. Someone correct me If I am wrong. I recognized that early in the season. Rock Star did it all year. By seasons end a couple other boats did it as well.

DAREDEVIL
10-12-2009, 09:27 AM
I believe so. Someone correct me If I am wrong. I recognized that early in the season. Rock Star did it all year. By seasons end a couple other boats did it as well.

YEP,,very confusing. But i guess if u don't break out and pay your fee ,,,u can do that.:confused:

Ratickle
10-12-2009, 09:30 AM
Dean their were a few special exceptions like yours I did not include. You were a multi boat team at St Clair. Very Cool. :sifone:

Did you run with Paul in Harrison? If so I will add a race to your total.

I know Paul enjoyed running your boat. It is rare for someone to offer out their boat as you did. Hard Rock ran a two boat team in a few events too.

In years past I ran a boat in a two boat team..I was lucky than as Paul was this time.

This year I ran the Bimini Run in a different boat and did not include it.

Yep, Dean was on throttles in Harrison, my first race (poor guy)......

We had a good start though.....:sifone:

MOBILEMERCMAN
10-12-2009, 09:36 AM
Correction made.

There were numerous special cases. Sorry if I missed a few. I will be happy to make corrections were needed.

Ratickle
10-12-2009, 09:56 AM

YEP,,very confusing. But i guess if u don't break out and pay your fee ,,,u can do that.:confused:

So let me get this straight. In SBI you can have one boat, have it be legal for multiple classes, run one race, but receive the winning flag, trophy, and National Points for multiple classes????? Even if you only raced once????

So, I could run a Super V but enter Super V, SuperboatV Unlimited, Superboat Vee Extreme, and P-1????

(I know it's an exageration, but legal?):confused:

DAREDEVIL
10-12-2009, 10:06 AM
So let me get this straight. In SBI you can have one boat, have it be legal for multiple classes, run one race, but receive the winning flag, trophy, and National Points for multiple classes????? Even if you only raced once????

So, I could run a Super V but enter Super V, SuperboatV Unlimited, Superboat Vee Extreme, and P-1????

(I know it's an exageration, but legal?):confused:

I would say yes !!!!!!! just pay for all class fees and don't break out in P1 and u are good to go .

I guess,,,not shure.

MOBILEMERCMAN
10-12-2009, 10:04 PM
Rockstar Energy Drink is National Champion P1 and Raced Hard Rock all season in SVU

Hard Rock SuperV Unlimited
Panasonic SuperV extreme

DAREDEVIL
10-12-2009, 10:30 PM
Rockstar Energy Drink is National Champion P1 and Raced Hard Rock all season in SVU

Hard Rock SuperV Unlimited
Panasonic SuperV extreme

Well,,,,smart move for bragging rights......they payed for P1 and SVU,,,,,never broke out in P1 ( 115 MPH ) therefor they got the national title.

Does it make sense ?????,,,,,, No. LOL:sifone:

TYPHOON
10-13-2009, 06:54 PM
Guys, I had a blast this year. The secreate to it is dont race boats that break a lot. I swear by the merc. 525 motors in my boats. I am able to race several classes with the same package to maxamize my fun. I can only do this with the support of you all. Many of you have raced in heats with bigger boats so that some of us can race in two or three heats. I thank everyone of you for NEVER complaining and supporting team Typhoon at the events. Trophy Bit$h says he is getting a little old for this kinda $hit. His legs are getting tiered going up to the stage so many times.:26: I love this big family and hope to see you all next year.
Randy

MOBILEMERCMAN
10-13-2009, 08:38 PM
Glad you found this Randy. You, your crew and others like you make racing fun. Thanks

Mad Dog is the documented Big Dog this year.

DAREDEVIL
10-13-2009, 08:40 PM
:rofl:
Glad you found this Randy. You, your crew and others like you make racing fun. Thanks

Mad Dog is the documented Big Dog this year.

:rofl::icon_bs::rofl::icon_bs::rofl:

MOBILEMERCMAN
10-13-2009, 08:41 PM
What are you laughing at?

DAREDEVIL
10-13-2009, 11:18 PM
Sorry ,,i always have to laugh at Randy...LOL

Just stiring it up......hehe

Ratickle
10-14-2009, 07:19 AM
Sorry ,,i always have to laugh at Randy...LOL

Just stiring it up......hehe

I had to salute Randy in St Clair. Brings two boats, runs three races. If there would have been a fourth race, he'd probably would have run that too.

I think he finished top 3 in all 3.....

DAREDEVIL
10-14-2009, 08:58 AM
I had to salute Randy in St Clair. Brings two boats, runs three races. If there would have been a fourth race, he'd probably would have run that too.

I think he finished top 3 in all 3.....

I never said he didn't,,,,i also salute him,,my hat off. Still think he is funny and need to laugh. LOL:sifone:

Ratickle
10-14-2009, 09:18 AM
Still think he is funny and need to laugh. LOL:sifone:

He's not funny at all......:sifone: (Pete's shot from LOTO at the awards......)

Dunbar 104
10-14-2009, 09:24 AM
Sunny Isles Beach 2008 Randy has been mild ever since.

Ratickle
10-14-2009, 10:02 AM
Sunny Isles Beach 2008 Randy has been mild ever since.

Now we need Harvey for "The Rest of the Story"......

MOBILEMERCMAN
10-14-2009, 10:04 AM
Some stories are best left forgotten.

Ratickle
10-14-2009, 11:44 AM

:sifone::sifone::sifone:

SVL66
10-14-2009, 11:48 AM

oh!!!! lets not go there:03:

MOBILEMERCMAN
10-14-2009, 11:52 AM
oh!!!! lets not go there:03:

You missed it. Tea bag on the stage.

That was the same event I filled in for some one who failed his physical race morning. Allegedly he was out with Randy.

The details will best be left untold here:biggrinjester:

imco offshore
10-14-2009, 12:16 PM
RANDY IS THE "2009 BIG DOG OF THE YEAR" YOU THE DOG good job randy ps don.t ever make fun of my spelling again! lol

TYPHOON
10-14-2009, 06:13 PM
OK George can I make fun of you then.:dupe:
MD

2TR
10-14-2009, 07:03 PM
The secreate to it is dont race boats that break a lot.
Randy

can I get this printed on a shirt?

Ratickle
10-14-2009, 07:50 PM
A tribute to the Big Dog......:sifone:

Let the Big Dog eat.....

SVL66
10-14-2009, 08:00 PM
You missed it. Tea bag on the stage.

That was the same event I filled in for some one who failed his physical race morning. Allegedly he was out with Randy.

The details will best be left untold here:biggrinjester:

I didnt miss it..I was there. I'de like to erase that vision from my memory

imco offshore
10-14-2009, 09:32 PM
OK George can I make fun of you then.:dupe:
MD

yea sure:cuss:

TYPHOON
10-15-2009, 08:58 AM
Just for the record. 18 races and I blew one drive on my SVL that was 2 years old. I had a new drive at the beging of the season but I sold it (needed money). Motor wise I had 2 race's not finished (Point and Cambridge) I had a dirty fuel filter and it took me 2 races to find the problem. So for a grand total of repair bills for the year was $8.00 for a filter and $3000 to rebuild my drive that had 2 years on it. Now thats how I can do it. I will add up my prize money and drivers income vs expenses. All in all it is not that expensive to have that much fun.
MD

DAREDEVIL
10-15-2009, 09:00 AM
Just for the record. 18 races and I blew one drive on my SVL that was 2 years old. I had a new drive at the beging of the season but I sold it (needed money). Motor wise I had 2 race's not finished (Point and Cambridge) I had a dirty fuel filter and it took me 2 races to find the problem. So for a grand total of repair bills for the year was $8.00 for a filter and $3000 to rebuild my drive that had 2 years on it. Now thats how I can do it. I will add up my prize money and drivers income vs expenses. All in all it is not that expensive to have that much fun.
MD

Cool,,,,IT WORX !!!!!

SVL66
10-15-2009, 09:01 AM
Dont forget the cost of the new motor:biggrinjester:

DAREDEVIL
10-15-2009, 09:04 AM
Now really ,,how much where your travel expenses in 09 ???

..fuel,hotel,upkeep for the truck,and so on ????

DAREDEVIL
10-15-2009, 09:05 AM

UUUIII OOOOPS:ack2:

MOBILEMERCMAN
10-15-2009, 09:35 AM

I wonder how many Mercury dollars were included.

SVL66
10-15-2009, 09:49 AM
I let you know when he gets them

MOBILEMERCMAN
10-15-2009, 10:30 AM
I let you know when he gets them

He got that before Merc split. I don't know whether or not it was Merc Bucks. I just expect he accumulated a bunch.

SVL66
10-15-2009, 10:37 AM
He got that before Merc split. I don't know whether or not it was Merc Bucks. I just expect he accumulated a bunch.

yes, but still waiting for the $ per race.

Pete B
10-15-2009, 11:19 AM
Who didnt pay the mad dog???

Ratickle
10-15-2009, 11:38 AM
Who didnt pay the mad dog???

I fixed a couple of your pics Pete. What do you think????:sifone:

TYPHOON
10-15-2009, 08:14 PM
Average travel per race was aprox $750. Crew Big ed and Tropphy $000000. Hotel,slept in motorhome or grubed a room with a friend. Beer, now that left a mark:26: I went bare bones budget and would say it cost me aprox. $2k per race site with 2 boats at some local sites. Intake was aprox 10K in purse and drivers income 15K. No sponsorship money.
Now the year before I spent 5K per race and lived like a rock star. Differant times.
MD

DAREDEVIL
10-15-2009, 08:17 PM
Average travel per race was aprox $750. Crew Big ed and Tropphy $000000. Hotel,slept in motorhome or grubed a room with a friend. Beer, now that left a mark:26: I went bare bones budget and would say it cost me aprox. $2k per race site with 2 boats at some local sites. Intake was aprox 10K in purse and drivers income 15K. No sponsorship money.
Now the year before I spent 5K per race and lived like a rock star. Differant times.
MD

Randy,,,cool...so u pretty much raced for free ??!!!:USA:

Ratickle
10-15-2009, 08:18 PM
$2000 plus $750 travel per race? $2750 per race total average? Or was that included?

And what about equipment/registration fees for the start of the season?

TYPHOON
10-16-2009, 05:34 PM
The $750 travel was included in the 2K along with reg. fees. I would say it cost me out of pocket 10k.
MD

capthump1
10-16-2009, 06:56 PM
Crew Big ed and Tropphy $000000.

Randy, you left out a $0 from me and Jimmy's salaries.....:kiss:

TYPHOON
10-16-2009, 07:04 PM
I didnt want to use the decemal. 000000000.00 :kiss:
MD

imco offshore
10-16-2009, 09:31 PM
The $750 travel was included in the 2K along with reg. fees. I would say it cost me out of pocket 10k.
MD

how the hell did you race two boats for 10 thousand,,, you are the big dog ! hell i thought that was the start,

MOBILEMERCMAN
10-16-2009, 09:36 PM
He explained it. Plus 3 races were with in 3 hours and one was in his home town.

imco offshore
10-16-2009, 09:38 PM
sarasota was in my home and i spent 3000

MOBILEMERCMAN
10-16-2009, 09:46 PM
He didn't pay SBI. Did you read back to see his explanations?

DAREDEVIL
10-16-2009, 09:49 PM
sarasota was in my home and i spent 3000

Beer cost !!!!!!!!!!!!!:sifone:

TYPHOON
10-17-2009, 07:57 PM
I also had many diffeant drivers in my boat that had some cash to pay for the experiance. I gave up some potential wins but got paid. It was a trade off I had to take if I wanted to race this year. I must say I was very impressed with all the guys that ran with me this year. I had Howard Richardson in my boat 2 times and I won both times. I had Tim in my boat at 4 races and he had never been in a race boat before. He did better and better every race. I had John Catsulas my crew chief in several times and we did well. The bottom line is you can race at a reasonable cost if you want to. You may not have a seasoned person with you but they learn real quick when you dont respond to them when they are screaming. Just pretend the intercome does not work. :driving:
MD

Ratickle
10-17-2009, 07:59 PM
..... but they learn real quick when you dont respond to them when they are screaming. Just pretend the intercome does not work. :driving:
MD

So that's what Dean was doing......:sifone:

imco offshore
10-17-2009, 09:09 PM
I also had many diffeant drivers in my boat that had some cash to pay for the experiance. I gave up some potential wins but got paid. It was a trade off I had to take if I wanted to race this year. I must say I was very impressed with all the guys that ran with me this year. I had Howard Richardson in my boat 2 times and I won both times. I had Tim in my boat at 4 races and he had never been in a race boat before. He did better and better every race. I had John Catsulas my crew chief in several times and we did well. The bottom line is you can race at a reasonable cost if you want to. You may not have a seasoned person with you but they learn real quick when you dont respond to them when they are screaming. Just pretend the intercome does not work. :driving:
MD

your too funny md