PDA

View Full Version : Key West Final Results

SHARKEY-IMAGES
11-09-2008, 08:36 PM
Is it that maybe so few people attended this year or the split between websites that there is such little information immediately available from Key West ?

I guess the sites got us spoiled by having up to the minute results, live feeds and photos.

It just seems that not much has been happening this year with keeping us who are stuck in the cold up to date.

Then again, Key West is a BIG Party and no one wants to miss out on that!
Perhaps we can get the final results sometime during the week ?

One can only hope... :(

ThrottleUp Props
11-09-2008, 09:29 PM
Awards ceremony going on now....just finished teching props in the pits.....I will post info as I get it in.

Bud Light Extreme Cat
GeicoTurbine Extreme
Hard Rock SuperVee Extreme
Cat Killer Extreme Vee
Sthil SS
Davis Motorsports P3
Micossukee Super Vee
WHM 850
Amsoil SCL

I will update as I recieve updates.

Julie

ThrottleUp Props
11-09-2008, 09:34 PM
There was an incident on the course with Popeyes today the final day of racing with Popeyes and Amsoil tied for the Championship. Unfortunately Popeyes rolled in turn one while overtaking the Amsoil boat. Stan stopped by to see me at the rig toni8ght and is a little beat up, Jim was released from the hospital, but a bit later was not feeling well and returned to the hospital. I will update as info comes in.

Julie

SHARKEY-IMAGES
11-09-2008, 09:35 PM
Thanks Julie !

You are the best !:sifone:

I hope for the best with the Popeyes crew... :(

boatme
11-09-2008, 09:38 PM
Sharkey is right we haven't had enough info on KW this year

Julie

Thanks for the update

ThrottleUp Props
11-09-2008, 09:43 PM
I am so sorry that I couldn't post more, earlier in the week...THEY had us covered up pretty late every night with repairs and inspections. I couldn't get a wifi signal in the pits either. I am sorry guys!

I do have some great pics I will download in the drive home tomorrow and then post when I get back to the office on Tuesday.

Julie

Pete
11-10-2008, 04:39 AM
Is it that maybe so few people attended this year or the split between websites that there is such little information immediately available from Key West ?

I guess the sites got us spoiled by having up to the minute results, live feeds and photos.

It just seems that not much has been happening this year with keeping us who are stuck in the cold up to date.

Then again, Key West is a BIG Party and no one wants to miss out on that!
Perhaps we can get the final results sometime during the week ?

One can only hope... :(

Here Tim hope this warms you up.:rofl:

Pete
11-10-2008, 05:18 AM
Thet had a SOB but Tyler wouldn't let it pass tech.:eek:

Pete
11-10-2008, 05:50 AM
:)

Chris
11-10-2008, 07:35 AM
Thet had a SOB but Tyler wouldn't let it pass tech.:eek:

That IS Tyler. His new P-14 boat

Chris
11-10-2008, 07:37 AM
On KW coverage, remember we're only now open to the public for a week as of last night at 10 PM. We're working on our racing coverage and content- by next year this place will be deep with race info.

SHARKEY-IMAGES
11-10-2008, 09:19 AM
Chris,
It was not just here, it was several forums that there was little to no information coming in with updates...

I understand the SO only being live for a week though too!

Pete,

Thanks!

Any results of the final finishes?

SHARKEY-IMAGES
11-10-2008, 03:08 PM
Perhaps now I know why things have been so quiet!

Lucas Oil / OUTERLIMITS WINS KEY WEST WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP in SUPER VEE UNLIMITED CLASS 1 and takes it from the Cat Killer Fountain and Rick Turmel's Marine.

Congratulations !

Source:
http://keysnews.com/node/7354

SHARKEY-IMAGES
11-11-2008, 12:20 PM
http://sharkeymarine.pages.qpg.com//banners/lucas_oil%20500.jpg

MOBILEMERCMAN
11-11-2008, 01:38 PM
Congratulations to Lucas Oil.

Unfortunately it was more a contest of engines than boats. Each of the three had their good days and bad days.

MOBILEMERCMAN
11-11-2008, 01:44 PM
It was a great week of racing. It will be nice to see all the pix that will show up over the coming days. I most enjoyed watching the Cat850's and the Cat 750's.

Yes, the turbines on the final day was quite a show too.

glassdave
11-11-2008, 01:55 PM
whats the sbi website that will have the results? are they posted yet? was trying to get our times and speeds from the sunday race.

MOBILEMERCMAN
11-11-2008, 02:12 PM
I just checked I didn't see um yet.

http://www.superboat.com/

Chris
11-11-2008, 02:53 PM
Cat Killer was HAULING ASS when it ran. The operative word being when.

People were actually cheering when it broke.

Chris
11-11-2008, 02:56 PM
It was a great week of racing. It will be nice to see all the pix that will show up over the coming days. I most enjoyed watching the Cat850's and the Cat 750's.

Yes, the turbines on the final day was quite a show too.

Cintron, Bud Light, et al put on one hell of a show. But when GEICO passed the Bud Light boat in turn 3, the bous came out of it looking like they were questioning whether or not to continue. I aske Scott B about it- told him I thought they might have scared them. He said "THEM?!"

SHARKEY-IMAGES
11-13-2008, 02:25 AM
What did the SBI do? Revert back to a storm course full time now ?

P1 Class 17 miles in race 1 17 miles in race 2 and 34 miles in race 3 ???

34 miles ? This has become more of a shootout than an actual race...

I guess with so many classes there is not enough time to actually let these guys race.... http://www.seriousoffshore.com/forums/images/smilies/ack2.gif

FW probably never got his engines runnning to full temperature at that distance....

MOBILEMERCMAN
11-13-2008, 10:13 AM
Its been years since he ran a race outside. "01 was the last I know of. It was similar last year.

smokeybandit
11-13-2008, 01:05 PM
What did the SBI do? Revert back to a storm course full time now ?

P1 Class 17 miles in race 1 17 miles in race 2 and 34 miles in race 3 ???

34 miles ? This has become more of a shootout than an actual race...

I guess with so many classes there is not enough time to actually let these guys race.... http://www.seriousoffshore.com/forums/images/smilies/ack2.gif

FW probably never got his engines runnning to full temperature at that distance....

I'm glad somebody said something. How can an offshore race be 17 miles long, or 34 for that matter? This has become no different than unlimited hydro (not that there is anything wrong with unlimited hydro).

SHARKEY-IMAGES
11-13-2008, 07:24 PM
Its been years since he ran a race outside. "01 was the last I know of. It was similar last year.

It is just so sad to see what the event has become Jim.

The inshore course is one thing but why not run additional laps to give people something to watch.

This is nothing new for me. I complained about only running 5 laps or 5 miles when I raced the Bullet 130 too ! I wanted more of a distance challenge... I would have had to go out to Parker, Arizona for that though... The endurance races got to really be something to race in ! :D

http://sharkeyimages.zenfolio.com/img/v0/p823384499.jpg

SHARKEY-IMAGES
11-13-2008, 07:24 PM
I'm glad somebody said something. How can an offshore race be 17 miles long, or 34 for that matter? This has become no different than unlimited hydro (not that there is anything wrong with unlimited hydro).

In good conditions too !