PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Wrenchin' or Throttling??

Mikeb4
10-07-2009, 11:56 AM
OK Pantera Dudes ....... the truth now ..... who likes working/modifying/upgrading/customizing their boat even more than riding around in it??

Who enjoys the satisfaction from improving the machine making it unique or bringing a dead classic back to life and showing it off versus cruising around in a new machine with no worries.

I know there are a few here! :sifone:

rchevelle71
10-07-2009, 12:42 PM
I voted for wrenchin' but that can be even more expensive than riding.

Griff
10-07-2009, 02:12 PM
Wrench in the off season and boat trouble free all Summer.

Trim'd Up
10-07-2009, 03:27 PM
I wouldn't know. I can't afford a new boat so I have to wrench. I think Griff has the right idea.

blackhawk
10-07-2009, 10:09 PM
I don't mind wrenching IF I am improving. But I will always enjoy being on the water more than having a wrench in my hand.

But I have far from a new machine. I would make a comment here but I do not want to jinx myself!!! :26:

Ratickle
10-07-2009, 10:55 PM
I always love to wench.......:sifone:

MOBILEMERCMAN
10-07-2009, 11:23 PM
I wouldn't know. I can't afford a new boat so I have to wrench. I think Griff has the right idea.

Me too. and yes I agree.

DAREDEVIL
10-08-2009, 12:04 AM
Wrenching,,as everybody knows,,,but i think i should actually have someone else do the engine.LOL:sifone:

Mikeb4
10-08-2009, 08:37 AM
Looks like Wrenchin'/Restorin' is taking an early lead!! :boobflash:

Ratickle
10-08-2009, 08:38 AM

I can't figure out why you guys keep adding the "r" to wenching...:confused:

Mikeb4
10-08-2009, 10:32 AM
I can't figure out why you guys keep adding the "r" to wenching...:confused:

Can't they go/come together ???? :drool5: I always like to keep an open mind .....

Dude! Sweet!
10-08-2009, 11:58 AM
Can't they go together ???? :drool5:

Boi-oi-oi-oi-oing!!! :sifone:

Shawn
10-08-2009, 12:13 PM
If you don't like fixin' and wrenchin', you really shouldn't even own a boat. It takes lots of it just to do preventive maintenance. That's the only way a person can expect to have a trouble free summer season. I honestly enjoy restoring and improving better than riding!

blackhawk
10-08-2009, 01:24 PM

I didn't vote since I don't have a new boat but I enjoy being out on the water much more than wrenching!

tomcei
10-08-2009, 01:47 PM
A fat purse can make the pain go away on either wrenchin or riding.
Now that I've seen my boat sit this long, I would say without a single doubt that riding is at the top of my list.

I've never been too concerned how new the yr model is, I just like it to "LOOK" new

imco offshore
10-08-2009, 01:50 PM
Can't they go/come together ???? :drool5: I always like to keep an open mind .....

well i WAS all for wenching but after looking at this post, ,,, i would stay on the water head out into the ocean and make damn sure i ran out of gas !,, what a dream i,m giong to have tonight

Mikeb4
10-09-2009, 01:05 PM
well i WAS all for wenching but after looking at this post, ,,, i would stay on the water head out into the ocean and make damn sure i ran out of gas !,, what a dream i,m giong to have tonight

With a wrench like that I would guess she specializes in stern drives :reddevil:

JO - PANTERABOAT
10-14-2009, 07:38 PM
I would appreciate it if you guys start buying new rather than restoring!
Later,
pp.

Trim'd Up
10-14-2009, 07:41 PM
Later,
pp.

I would appreciate it if I could afford new. ;)

Mikeb4
10-14-2009, 08:08 PM
Later,
pp.

I was going to say Pepe based on the poll so far you should start selling incomplete boats!! kind of like a half baked pizza or Cobra kit ..... a boat kit to finish yourself!! :USA: "build it your way" !!

ar15meister
10-16-2009, 03:02 PM
driving/throttling hands down.

I dont really so much "enjoy" wrenching but if you want to play with these toys it is a fact of life. It is easier if you have someone to help you, a good song on the radio, full pack of smokes and a cooler full of cold certified coors light to fuel the operation. Then it begins to come close to 'fun' but if you are comparing that 'fun' to running the boat I would have to say wrenching loses by a pretty gigantic margin.

But when you are blasting through waves at 80mph with the wind in your hair heading out with no particular destination in mind and you are right there 'in the zone' it is all worth while now isnt it? lol.

Kind of like having to sit and listen to a woman talk for an hour before you get a blowjob. Means to an End. And the end justifies the means eh. lol.

I guess you could always pay for the blowjob but the going rate (in Toronto at least) is about 150bucks for a chick with teeth and tits that dont represent a giraffe's udders so as long as the pricing structure stays that way I will sit and 'pretend to listen'.

Dude! Sweet!
10-16-2009, 05:52 PM
You'd rather listen to some broad go on about Oafra than pay $150 canadian!? And that doesn't even take into account the part where you don't have to prentend to be nice to her after... Adam! C'mon dude! Think with your dipstick!

ar15meister
10-19-2009, 02:39 PM
You'd rather listen to some broad go on about Oafra than pay $150 canadian!? And that doesn't even take into account the part where you don't have to prentend to be nice to her after... Adam! C'mon dude! Think with your dipstick!

hahaha

I know I know I am a cheap Ukrainian.

Heck I have a motor to rebuild I got to watch expenses cut me some slack!:sifone:

Bobcat
10-19-2009, 06:34 PM
who in the hell would be sanding the eaves of their house instead of working on one of their Pantera's??????

Griff
10-19-2009, 10:30 PM
I was going to say Pepe based on the poll so far you should start selling incomplete boats!! kind of like a half baked pizza or Cobra kit ..... a boat kit to finish yourself!! :USA: "build it your way" !!

They tried that a while back. It didn't work out real well and the boat was not rigged to Pantera standards. It was the black one with palm leaves on the sides.