PDA

View Full Version : Montano

Geronimo36
10-06-2009, 09:48 AM
Montano is listed with National Marine...derigged:ack2:

SKRAMER
10-06-2009, 11:59 AM
Montano is listed with National Marine...derigged:ack2:

How much do you think it would cost to rerig??? I figure 100K!!!or more!!??!!??

BraceYourself
10-06-2009, 12:25 PM

Way more.

Dry sump sixes complete with tie bar etc.
Tannies
Engines
Headers Exhaust
Props
Labor

Now depends if you scrap it together with everything you can find used on the internet, then you'll pay later, or do it right and your at 200K +

JupiterSunsation
10-06-2009, 02:40 PM

Jeremy spent twice that amount refreshing his fully rigged/running 46!

Unless you had the power/drives already there is no sense in trying to bring that tired raceboat back to life. Let someone else re-do it and then buy it from them for 1/3 of what they have into the project!:sifone:

Geronimo36
10-09-2009, 12:13 PM

I guess that depends what route you go.....

If you go Merc route just break out the lube and get your azz ready for a pounding....:rofl:

If you go with some engines from a reputable builder you'll be in it for a fraction of what you'd pay to Merc. I think you could do a set of good engines for around $40-50K plus the cost of new drives, transom assemblies and whever else it needs.

So yeah, I guess $100K is a round-about figure!

Personally, I think $100K for a de-rigged boat is very high for a 2002. I'd go $50K highest but that's just me... the glass aint worth much unless you wont some fancy Cig emblems! ;)

Offshoredrillin
10-09-2009, 02:19 PM
I guess that depends what route you go.....

If you go Merc route just break out the lube and get your azz ready for a pounding....:rofl:

If you go with some engines from a reputable builder you'll be in it for a fraction of what you'd pay to Merc. I think you could do a set of good engines for around $40-50K plus the cost of new drives, transom assemblies and whever else it needs.

So yeah, I guess $100K is a round-about figure!

Personally, I think $100K for a de-rigged boat is very high for a 2002. I'd go $50K highest but that's just me... the glass aint worth much unless you wont some fancy Cig emblems! ;)
agreed, there are plenty of #6 drives and transom assemblies around, only thing i wouldn't go used or rebuilt is motors. but then again, good to be king is still for sale...in the mid 2's I heard w/ 900's.

TCEd
10-09-2009, 05:05 PM
Amazing how worthless a hull can be.
ed

Tommy Gun
10-09-2009, 05:17 PM
Amazing how worthless a hull can be.
ed

No doubt; I wonder what percentage of the cost of a new Cigarette is allocated towards the hull...

stecz20
10-09-2009, 05:37 PM
what does this boat look like?? any pics??

glassdave
10-09-2009, 05:38 PM
No doubt; I wonder what percentage of the cost of a new Cigarette is allocated towards the hull...

material wise theres probably about six or seven bucks a pound in glass and resin for a nice build not counting labor and thats on the high side. With high volume purchasing you could probably get that in the four five range.

For 1808 Nytex i pay about three bucks a pound and a decent mid range laminate resin maybe three or four bucks a pound.

Sean H
10-09-2009, 07:22 PM
http://www.custommarinesales.com/classifieds/index.php?page=out&id=100

JupiterSunsation
10-09-2009, 07:25 PM

Due to labor it probably is higher than you think. It is like a car, buy a new Ford Focus then buy all the parts individually and you can't believe it costs 3X the MSRP to build a Focus piece by piece. This boat is the same experiment but in reverse, you get the hull and then you start adding on the pieces.
You would be better off buying a complete boat like the 46 Blume had for sale for 349K. Of course you would have to get it for 200K :sifone: