Daredevil DNF

P5
Team Velocity
Just Prey DNF

SVL
Extreme DNF

MOBILEMERCMAN
10-04-2009, 02:10 PM
Second race. As observed on live feed and from Freeze.

Geico
Aquamania

WHM
Superheat

Rockstar
Global Warming
Mikosukke
Hardrock DNF
Sobe DNF

TKO

Amsoil

Panasonic

Global Warming ahead of
Mikossukee

Warpaint DNF

Apparently Rock Star, Mikossuke and Global Warming all raced both SuperV unlimited and P1

Will post official as soon as I hear back.

phragle
10-04-2009, 02:13 PM
DD dnf'd? I thought a Finn assured a finish??

SVL66
10-04-2009, 03:51 PM

who you kiddin'? :sifone:

imco offshore
10-04-2009, 04:15 PM
t told mikey to pay by the lap????

Coach
10-04-2009, 08:02 PM
2500 estimated spectator boats on the back stretch... Over 20,000 spectators on the beach!

:26:

Coach

phragle
10-04-2009, 08:16 PM
what was the final boat count?? and Coach, do you realize that 2500 boats, given an 9' constant (8.5' beam plus fenders) would be a solid raft over 4 1/4 miles long?????

DAREDEVIL
10-04-2009, 08:50 PM
t told mikey to pay by the lap????

WE GOT 3'rd. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :sifone:

+ Mika did not have to pay me anything ,,,because i told him all he needs to pay is for his ticket to get here.

But hell,, i take 500 bucks for the lap, TELL HIM !!!!:USA:

DAREDEVIL
10-04-2009, 08:51 PM
First race unofficial by Freeze frame

Cat Outboard:
S9 Mikkosukee TNT
S111 Fluid Sealing Products
S12 Throttle up
S1 Stihl DNF

P4:
Simmons Racing
Crazy chicken
National Guard DNF
Daredevil DNF

P5
Team Velocity
Just Prey DNF

SVL
Extreme DNF

National Guard = DNS

MOBILEMERCMAN
10-04-2009, 09:02 PM

P4:
Simmons Racing
Crazy chicken
National Guard DNF
Daredevil DNF

Sorry Scott, You finished ahead of him.

P4
Simmons Racing
Crazy Chicken
Daredevil DNF
National Guard DNS

DAREDEVIL
10-04-2009, 09:05 PM
Sorry Scott, You finished ahead of him.

P4
Simmons Racing
Crazy Chicken
Daredevil DNF
National Guard DNS

The engine and the boat is fine,,,this time it was a freaki'n trimm cylinder, but hey i was not planing on winning this one so why should i beat up the boat with NO trimm?!
MIKA did a great job and some "REAL" fun ,not like he would have with u guys ofcoarse. LOL:rofl:

phragle
10-04-2009, 09:41 PM
Dude...run it till it sinks or starts to get really expensive..no telling who else will break something putting them out... learned that desert racing, I have won races before simply because I was the only one in class to finish.

Ratickle
10-04-2009, 09:53 PM
The engine and the boat is fine,,,this time it was a freaki'n trimm cylinder, but hey i was not planing on winning this one so why should i beat up the boat with NO trimm?!
MIKA did a great job and some "REAL" fun ,not like he would have with u guys ofcoarse. LOL:rofl:

How far did you get to run? And did you get some good practice laps in??????

DAREDEVIL
10-04-2009, 10:54 PM
How far did you get to run? And did you get some good practice laps in??????

We actually tested in Sarasota for a while a day before we went to Clearwater .......and Mika had lots of fun, he also said he be back.
He actually does not want to leave,,,,need to drop him off @ the airport in the morning.

In the race we only made it to turn 1,,thats where the cylinder gave up.

Since i was not in any point standings for the national title,,,there was absolutley no reason to continue running since i could not even win in any way even if i would kept running . With no trim working on the drive u can't get the speed ( RPM ) u need to go top speed,,,,,,so why beat up the rest of the boat and put stress on things when u don't have to ????

Anyhow ,,,we had fun,,,we where there,,and we seen lots of A$$ !!!!!
What more can u ask for in sunny Florida ?!:sifone::USA::willy_nilly:

DAREDEVIL
10-04-2009, 10:59 PM

Cat Outboard:
S9 Mikkosukee TNT
S111 Fluid Sealing Products
S12 Throttle up
S1 Stihl DNF

P4:
Simmons Racing
Crazy chicken
National Guard DNF
Daredevil DNF

P5
Team Velocity
Just Prey DNF

SVL
Extreme DNF

P5 also ,,,,,
Velocity
Don't Blink
Just pray racing

DAREDEVIL
10-04-2009, 11:02 PM
Second race. As observed on live feed and from Freeze.

Geico
Aquamania

WHM
Superheat

Rockstar DNF
Global Warming 1st place
Mikosukke wrong class ( they run against PANASONIC)
Hardrock DNF
Sobe DNF

TKO

Amsoil

Panasonic

Global Warming ahead of
Mikossukee

Warpaint DNF

Apparently Rock Star, Mikossuke and Global Warming all raced both SuperV unlimited and P1

Will post official as soon as I hear back.

LOOKS LIKE U GOT IT ALL WRONG .:sifone: ( i changed it for u)

rchevelle71
10-04-2009, 11:09 PM
DD,

Nice seeing you, and meeting Mika. Sorry I dint get you guys those drinks, had to run out on Saturday, and the damn beertruck was closed by the time we got back today. Well, thats an excuse for Mika to come back to the states. Dont worry about the pulling off, if you had stayed running, we wouldnt have pulled in early:driving:Oh, I forgot, our laps didnt count:biggrinjester:

Rick

MOBILEMERCMAN
10-04-2009, 11:31 PM
LOOKS LIKE U GOT IT ALL WRONG .:sifone: ( i changed it for u)

Thanks Scott.

Thats even Better the 525 boat beats all the V unlimited. :sifone:

Could not tell did they beat all the Extreme V's too.

F1-00 Racing
10-05-2009, 12:10 AM
Heck Rick it looks like we dont count at all, and Jim will think I am just still a lousey keyboard racer:sifone:

Even though DD only finished 1/3 lap, I was very happy that Mika got to take home the 3rd place trophy. With the travel that he did, he deserved it.(nice gesture on your part Scott) Just out of curiosity who really did finish 3rd out on the course Scott? lol

Trent

MikeyFIN
10-05-2009, 01:06 AM
Heck Rick it looks like we dont count at all, and Jim will think I am just still a lousey keyboard racer:sifone:

Even though DD only finished 1/3 lap, I was very happy that Mika got to take home the 3rd place trophy. With the travel that he did, he deserved it.(nice gesture on your part Scott) Just out of curiosity who really did finish 3rd out on the course Scott? lol

Trent

That's Racing including the talk afterwards, yes the 20 minute run at no Wake clogged even our boats engine.
Gotta say I was Ringrusty but other than that let',s just put it this way: We both wanted to give each other a hand but a 50cent part finally ended us.
Also the lenght to halt can be discussed...:troll:

P.S I'll be back.

Koho
10-05-2009, 03:47 AM
Congrats on job well done, at least you did have fun under sun :o))

MOBILEMERCMAN
10-05-2009, 05:50 AM

Trent

Trent, you passed under the radar. I mentioned in the other thread after seeing your boat I was glad you made it. I am sorry I did not list you.

I hope someone will offer up the full list and give everyone involved full recognition.

Ratickle
10-05-2009, 06:40 AM
Glad you had some fun and are coming back Mika. Too bad it broke.

imco offshore
10-05-2009, 08:07 AM

scott i,v got to ask ?? other than chaseing a championship,,,, why would u go to a race and " plan not to win" i thought that was the point?? it,s a race.. ps do you tell the people you "sell" the seat to ,

SVL66
10-05-2009, 09:58 AM
just watched the replay of 1st race. Cudos go out to the Crazy Chiken guys for putting up a great fight against Simmons.

Ratickle
10-05-2009, 10:00 AM
just watched the replay of 1st race. Cudos go out to the Crazy Chiken guys for putting up a great fight against Simmons.

Same thing happened in Michigan City. Simmons is tough to beat.

Wahoo 214
10-05-2009, 10:03 AM
Scott, has made it clear he is very happy being boat count. I guess all the Orgs need more guys like Scott. :huh:

Originally Posted by DAREDEVIL
I race a single engine boat in P-4 against twin engine boats and i don't *****.
U know why,,,,i have fun racing ...don't care if i win or lose.
That is what racing should be about...and yes winning feels better and so on.But thats not what this boating Hobby is all about.
Its the party's the Fans,,,the fellow racers and so on.

SVL66
10-05-2009, 10:10 AM
Same thing happened in Michigan City. Simmons is tough to beat.

They are tough for sure. Any time a smaller, single engine boat puts up a fight against a larger w/ twins, they deserve congrats.

1waterboy1
10-05-2009, 10:15 AM
They are tough for sure. Any time a smaller, single engine boat puts up a fight against a larger w/ twins, they deserve congrats.

Agreed...and that is one of the drawbacks in bracket class racing.Bruce you too deserve credit for running so well against the twin engines vee in Class 4 particularly in the ocean.

SVL66
10-05-2009, 10:48 AM
Thanks Mark

results http://www.superboat.com/docs/09%20Clearwater%20Official%20Results.pdf

Sean H
10-05-2009, 11:03 AM
Those results are confusing at best..... you can lose p2 but win unlimited? (it didn't show a breakout?)

DAREDEVIL
10-05-2009, 12:07 PM
:USA:
scott i,v got to ask ?? other than chaseing a championship,,,, why would u go to a race and " plan not to win" i thought that was the point?? it,s a race.. ps do you tell the people you "sell" the seat to ,

IT WAS A NATIONAL CHAMP RACE ,,,, Dude, i was 1500+ points behind...why would i beat up the boat ?? Even with a first place i would have nopt won.

And u said it ,,,,its a chase for the national champ title. ( WHICH I HAD LAST YEAR ) !!!!!!:USA:

DAREDEVIL
10-05-2009, 12:08 PM
Scott, has made it clear he is very happy being boat count. I guess all the Orgs need more guys like Scott. :huh:

Originally Posted by DAREDEVIL
I race a single engine boat in P-4 against twin engine boats and i don't *****.
U know why,,,,i have fun racing ...don't care if i win or lose.
That is what racing should be about...and yes winning feels better and so on.But thats not what this boating Hobby is all about.
Its the party's the Fans,,,the fellow racers and so on.

ISn't that what u do all the time ???? or did u (except for once ) win any race ??? HAHAHAHa:willy_nilly::seeya:

DAREDEVIL
10-05-2009, 12:15 PM
Those results are confusing at best..... you can lose p2 but win unlimited? (it didn't show a breakout?)

Well,,,, he did not break out. And both other Unlimited boats broke down.

So he won.

earthwerks
10-05-2009, 01:05 PM

We, are running p2 hoping to find a race and running svu to make a point how cracy it is to keep chasing hp And not finish races then to have some close comp and keep your sponsers name out there for 80 mi. Just my view, Dan (Global Warmer)

DAREDEVIL
10-05-2009, 01:09 PM
We, are running p2 hoping to find a race and running svu to make a point how cracy it is to keep chasing hp And not finish races then to have some close comp and keep your sponsers name out there for 80 mi. Just my view, Dan (Global Warmer)

Dan,,you looked good out there. I think the fun and being there is all that matters.

Did not really get a chance to meet you ,,,but KW ,,,,,the party will begin.

C-YA there.

Scott

Sean H
10-05-2009, 01:22 PM

I get that part of it, the results are just confusing, the lap times and all that are different in the two classes for your boat. I am sure its a timing/scoring issue with scoring multiple boats in different classes.

Ryan Beckley
10-05-2009, 02:04 PM
Hey Dan, it's been nice getting to know you at the last two events, we'll see you in KW.

F1-00 Racing
10-05-2009, 02:13 PM
Trent, you passed under the radar.

Me under the radar???? :biggrinjester: After some of my posts on here that kinda sounds like a contradiction. lol Clearwater posed three goals for our team, qualify for Key West, check, a marketing endeavor, check, knocking the rust off, still working on it.....

After applying to run in P5 I am so glad that the association ruled against it as looking back it would have insulted the P5 class as well as my boat.(Thank you SBI) Now I cant hold a candle to the class acts named "Simmons Racing" and "Crazy Chicken" with my minimal hp, but I was allowed to run knowing that I had no chance to break out and prevented any sandbagging that I would have had to do to go down a class. We had a great time working with the Marriott on Sand Key and cant wait to get back and race there again!

Beating the Famous DareDevil was only a bonus for the weekend:driving::26:

Trent

rchevelle71
10-05-2009, 09:32 PM
Me under the radar???? :biggrinjester: After some of my posts on here that kinda sounds like a contradiction. lol Clearwater posed three goals for our team, qualify for Key West, check, a marketing endeavor, check, knocking the rust off, still working on it.....

After applying to run in P5 I am so glad that the association ruled against it as looking back it would have insulted the P5 class as well as my boat.(Thank you SBI) Now I cant hold a candle to the class acts named "Simmons Racing" and "Crazy Chicken" with my minimal hp, but I was allowed to run knowing that I had no chance to break out and prevented any sandbagging that I would have had to do to go down a class. We had a great time working with the Marriott on Sand Key and cant wait to get back and race there again!

Beating the Famous DareDevil was only a bonus for the weekend:driving::26:

Trent

I think we did pretty damn good for a team that hasnt run in 16 months:sifone:

DAREDEVIL
10-05-2009, 11:20 PM
I think u all suck,,,just like always !!! HEHE:sifone:

If the little o-ring would of not went out ,,i would of got u .
Lucky SOB .

Anyhow,,see u in KW.:kiss:

F1-00 Racing
10-06-2009, 12:56 AM
I think u all suck,,,just like always !!! HEHE:sifone:

If the little o-ring would of not went out ,,i would of got u .
Lucky SOB .

Anyhow,,see u in KW.:kiss:

Love ya mean it, but I think an intervention is in need here....

Put down the crack pipe!
:seeya::seeya:

Ratickle
10-06-2009, 07:04 AM
Hey cool. An entire month of smack talk. Maybe we should start a new smack-talkin thread for Key West.......:26:...:03:...:26:.

:sifone:

Ratickle
10-06-2009, 07:09 AM
I think we did pretty damn good for a team that hasnt run in 16 months:sifone:

Glad to see you guys were out there.

You have to explain the application to run P5 for the rest of us. Why were you turned down? I thought if your boat is propped, and chipped, to run at a maximum speed, or a little over, for the class you're in. You are then legal to run that class no matter what it is capable of with no limitations of rpm chip and prop........

Like Hard Rock could run Class 3 if chipped and propped accordingly.

XtremeRacing
10-06-2009, 07:24 AM
Little hard Rock is in the right class in P4, not sure how you see that boat running P3 @ 95 MPH... ?

Ratickle
10-06-2009, 07:27 AM
Little hard Rock is in the right class in P4, not sure how you see that boat running P3 @ 95 MPH... ?

I was talking Big Hard Rock......

Ratickle
10-06-2009, 07:28 AM
From the way the rules are written, can't they prop and chip accordingly to run a maximum of just over 95 and run in P3?

I don't understand the application process.....

XtremeRacing
10-06-2009, 07:32 AM
Not all that easy no different then what Tyler was doing and still got moved out of P6 .

Ratickle
10-06-2009, 08:03 AM
Not all that easy no different then what Tyler was doing and still got moved out of P6 .

I understand that. But the boat will still go over 100 in speed setup vs. 75 in Class 5 chip and prop setup. I mean we're talking 5mph difference between 5 and 6. He built the boat specific for 6. That's why it's 26 feet long.

rchevelle71
10-06-2009, 08:46 AM
Glad to see you guys were out there.

You have to explain the application to run P5 for the rest of us. Why were you turned down? I thought if your boat is propped, and chipped, to run at a maximum speed, or a little over, for the class you're in. You are then legal to run that class no matter what it is capable of with no limitations of rpm chip and prop........

Like Hard Rock could run Class 3 if chipped and propped accordingly.

When someone figures it out, please explain it to us also. We dont have a problem running P-4 Speeds, but cant be competitive in 4 against a twin engine 35 foot boat, or a much lighter boat than ours with 750HP, they just have too much acceleration, and pull us every corner. 3rd is the best we could do in P-4(reason we pulled out early, no need to take a chance beating ourselves and equipment up), however if we moved to 5 we would be just like the other boats in 4, overpowering the real 5's I guess you could say we're misfits:biggrinjester:

Ratickle
10-06-2009, 08:52 AM
When someone figures it out, please explain it to us also. We dont have a problem running P-4 Speeds, but cant be competitive in 4 against a twin engine 35 foot boat, or a much lighter boat than ours with 750HP, they just have too much acceleration, and pull us every corner. 3rd is the best we could do in P-4(reason we pulled out early, no need to take a chance beating ourselves and equipment up), however if we moved to 5 we would be just like the other boats in 4, overpowering the real 5's I guess you could say we're misfits:biggrinjester:

I'm trying to understand too. I thought it was up to the combination of theoretically capable prop speed period. And of course the GPA oversight.

By the way, I would really like to see a combination of average lap speed and GPS top speed used when it is practical with the on board GPS. Who really cares if your 75 mph boat goes 78 downstream in a river with a 7mph current for 5 seconds in St Clair??????

Only the boats that can run 82 in no current water can run 75 upstream. Technically that's an illegal boat.

DAREDEVIL
10-06-2009, 09:18 AM
Morning, well...Trent's boat can run 84+ with the right set up easy.
But also is actually a P5 boat in my book. 29 (26) feet long and has 500 HP.
All the other P5 boats have the same or even more HP .

But i still Kick his A$$ in KW !! LOL

So lets rename this thread to ...."KW 2009 smack thread !!!!!":USA:

Ratickle
10-06-2009, 09:35 AM

I think you and Trent should start a new "Bring It, Key West" smack talkin thread. Because your momma is so fat, she...........:sifone:

Does anyone know how he got disallowed for class 5? I'm still trying to figure it out. Are the rules not the same for the Class/Production classes as far as rules for qualifying?

DAREDEVIL
10-06-2009, 09:36 AM
I think you and Trent should start a new "Bring It, Key West" smack talkin thread. Because your momma is so fat, she...........:sifone:

Does anyone know how he got disallowed for class 5? I'm still trying to figure it out. Are the rules not the same for the Class/Production classes as far as rules for qualifying?

Wait....stop right there,,,,,,how do u know my mom ?????

:boxing_smiley:

MOBILEMERCMAN
10-06-2009, 09:42 AM

You want smack talk?

Neither one of you finished the race. Just finish. Trent says he couldn't win so oh well. Scotti your driver traveled across the Atlantic. You say you didn't want to beat your boat up. I don't get it.

Where is your perseverance?

DAREDEVIL
10-06-2009, 09:49 AM
You want smack talk?

Neither one of you finished the race. Just finish. Trent says he couldn't win so oh well. Scotti your driver traveled across the Atlantic. You say you didn't want to beat your boat up. I don't get it.

Jim,,,good to see( hear) your ok...LOL

What i said ( ment ) is,,,,if the trim don't work and then the max speed u get in a 85 MPH class is only around 70 and there is absolute no chance to get better then 3 rd, which i got anyways,,,,why should i or anybody else put stress on the equipment ?????
Don't make sence to me !!!!!
Mika said the same thing.
RACE SMART NOT HARD !!!!!!

KW IS A DIFFRENT STORY, because its a 3 day race event with combined points.

I don't get sponsor money and i pay out of my own pocket,,so why should i go around in cyrcels if i cant win and it was clear at that point that we get 3rd ????
Think about it.:USA:

Ratickle
10-06-2009, 09:55 AM
By the way, is there a way to test for something like that ahead of time?

How long is the check list of what needs to be tested for a race like Key West. Does someone have one???????

I mean you have the obvious.

Prop Nicks
Compression
Leak Down
Boat Bottom
etc.

It's gotta be the little things that do you, (or DareDevil), in......

Ratickle
10-06-2009, 09:58 AM
Wait....stop right there,,,,,,how do u know my mom ?????

:boxing_smiley:

Yo Momma is so fat, she fell off a boat and the Captain yelled, "Land Ahoy".....:sifone:

Ratickle
10-06-2009, 10:04 AM
I'm gonna change it though. Start the new thread and we'll get going...

Your boat is so slow.......:sifone: As in,

Your boat is so slow, while I was waiting for it to get up to P4 speed, I fell asleep and had a nice nap......:sifone:

DAREDEVIL
10-06-2009, 10:18 AM
I'm gonna change it though. Start the new thread and we'll get going...

Your boat is so slow.......:sifone: As in,

Your boat is so slow, while I was waiting for it to get up to P4 speed, I fell asleep and had a nice nap......:sifone:

The thread is up,,,,but my mom really is not fat.
If she would fall of a boat u would not even see her splash.:sifone:

F1-00 Racing
10-06-2009, 12:36 PM
On the technical side, there is no easy explanation, except for that my boat was built for the F1 class, Jim Simmons was built for F2 we are both in no mans land in between speeds. Going by the old adage of "Build a boat for the class, not a class for the boat" and that P3 is also no longer in existence, this intern forces a F1 to run against a F2 boat. Chicken on the other hand has a boat built for F1 but has replaced the motor and made some other changes to make it a P4 boat. What makes my boat uncompetitive in P4 is anyone that has seen a dyno pull of a 500EFI knows about the torque curve. In the race I had the lead from the start to 78 mph and they caught me and said cya. I crept up to a max speed of 82.4 mph as the race progressed.

I applied to run in P5 due to pulling both rosters, made a spread sheet and with 4 other boats registered have the same hp as my boat(and approx the same length) With my boats documented kilo speeds they said no sandbagging will be allowed and bumped me up. Unfortunately, unless we run at Chattanooga every race you will never see my boat run in the kilo setup and is apples and oranges between my race and kilo setup basically 7-10 mph difference. I am not complaining by any means, just answering your questions Paul as how they deemed my application. I am glad that SBI bumped me up and we had a great shake down and a lot of fun with the gang again. I'm really not all that great at GPS staring so it worked perfect for me and let me do my job instead of computer racing. I would much rather get beat by other racers than have to compete with a computer. Now all I have to go is go out and spend $27 on filters and plugs(oil is already here) and I am ready for Key West.

Side note, DD you had no idea that you finished 3rd until they posted times on the trailer and I explained to you that I didnt exist, so to speak. You crack me up, but then again there are only two ways that you'll ever beat me: 1) get another boat 2)in your dreams.....

Ratickle
10-06-2009, 12:43 PM
Nice Trash Talk, love it...

I still don't have a good answer as to why Trent could not run P5 though. How do they determine? I thought it was strictly maximum speed obtainable based on prop pitch etc. What is the criteria for disallowing his application? Just that in Kilo trim the boat can go 85??????

MOBILEMERCMAN
10-06-2009, 12:44 PM
This is the most fun I had all year. A 525 single against a 525 twin in an 85 mph class. 12 laps 20 turns side by side.

I am sure we had more fun than Martin cause we was going as fast as we could.

Ratickle
10-06-2009, 12:47 PM
This is the most fun I had all year. A 525 single against a 525 twin in an 85 mph class. 12 laps 20 turns side by side.

I am sure we had more fun than Martin cause we was going as fast as we could.

It was fun to watch too......

But from what Trent is saying, Martin would not have been allowed to run that boat in that class at Clearwater?????

MOBILEMERCMAN
10-06-2009, 12:49 PM
Side note, DD you had no idea that you finished 3rd until they posted times on the trailer and I explained to you that I didnt exist, so to speak. You crack me up, but then again there are only two ways that you'll ever beat me: 1) get another boat 2)in your dreams.....

You crack me up.

Ratickle
10-06-2009, 12:54 PM
I mean it's like when we ran the Batboat in St Clair and Harrison in P5. All the Batboats were in P6 at 70mph. We ran P5 at 75. Our best test speed was 84 with the boat maxed. Tyler's boat runs over 100 in Kilo trim, but with his testing, chipping, and propping, he runs extremely well in P5 and accelerates tremendously. Makes it very tough to beat him, or even keep up.

I believe to beat him I'd have to build a twin outboard Vee with the 2.5's, or a duoprop Batboat with an all aluminum bigblock......:sifone:

But, still trying to figure out why Trent was not allowed to run P5. What is the proceedure for the result? Who knows exactly???

MOBILEMERCMAN
10-06-2009, 12:55 PM
Nice Trash Talk, love it...

I still don't have a good answer as to why Trent could not run P5 though. How do they determine? I thought it was strictly maximum speed obtainable based on prop pitch etc. What is the criteria for disallowing his application? Just that in Kilo trim the boat can go 85??????

I thought Trent was tight with JC.

MOBILEMERCMAN
10-06-2009, 12:57 PM
Tyler's boat runs over 100 in Kilo trim, but with his testing, chipping, and propping, he runs extremely well in P5 and accelerates tremendously. Makes it very tough to beat him, or even keep up.

Jenni should have put a skirt on his boat.:sifone:

DAREDEVIL
10-06-2009, 01:00 PM
but then again there are only two ways that you'll ever beat me: 1) get another boat 2)in your dreams.....[/QUOTE]

WE WILL SEE ABOUT THAT.:rofl:

Ask your wife,,she told me diffrent. HAHA

F1-00 Racing
10-06-2009, 01:20 PM
It was fun to watch too......

But from what Trent is saying, Martin would not have been allowed to run that boat in that class at Clearwater?????

Exactly!! Global Warming ran in P2(105) on the Production side in Clearwater. SBI is doing away with sandbagging(propping down, etc) They are putting boats in classes by what the boat can do maximum. Will it work. I dunno, but we shall see.

The major disadvantage I have going against me is that my boat is totally documented in the SBI office from the dyno sheet to the kilo records that she holds. No other P class boat has that kind of paper trail.

MOBILEMERCMAN
10-06-2009, 01:28 PM
Exactly!! Global Warming ran in P2(105) on the Production side in Clearwater. SBI is doing away with sandbagging(propping down, etc) They are putting boats in classes by what the boat can do maximum. Will it work. I dunno, but we shall see.

Great idea. Over powered boats defeat the spirit and purpose of bracket racing.

Trent , Do you have the lap times for Clearwater? I wonder If that 525 boat beat all the other V's on time.

I have been looking for the results to be posted.

Sean H
10-06-2009, 01:31 PM
http://www.superboat.com/docs/09%20Clearwater%20Official%20Results.pdf

MOBILEMERCMAN
10-06-2009, 01:32 PM
The major disadvantage I have going against me is that my boat is totally documented in the SBI office from the dyno sheet to the kilo records that she holds. No other P class boat has that kind of paper trail.

How fast does it go? What motor? Would you consider SVL? In LOTO we raced at about 90 with an 84.3 average { I think that is what Martin showed me ..not sure}

MOBILEMERCMAN
10-06-2009, 01:49 PM
Thanks Sean.

Good thing Cat Killer doesn't have to race Cat light.

There is no reason why other than some hurt feelings that All those twin V's don't race together power to weight in ONE class.

Than reliability would become an issue and the shootout motors would lose their allure.

MikeyFIN
10-06-2009, 02:16 PM
You want smack talk?

Actually We both agreed on that right at the turn bouy when I told the engine is not getting ANY rpmīs like it did in Testing and felt something is **** creek.
Just after that we probably both looked at the same time at the Trim gauge and was all ??? and called it quits.
I Didnīt wanīt Scott to MISS KEY WEST because now we know it can be fixed to run again.

Donīt Bash Scott as I was OK. Im used to everything going wrong in RACING since 1983 with the ASA Late Model Firebird I was wrenching then and thereon.

Guys Thatīs Racing that a 1$ part goes out on you.
I still had a GOOD Vacation thanks to Scott, Petra And Buddy !!!
I mean Im Hooked 4eva and If itīs up to me well get the DAREDEVIL TEAM up to 2 Boats if we just do some work for it together.

* then we can Sandbag Trent easily ;) You know I of all people in the pits do now about TEAM orders in Racing.
Iīve been in teams so many times that got beat by them and finally I decided I you canīt win them join them and eek out all the tricks in their books...and still be even friends with them.
Now Thats Sisu for you...

MOBILEMERCMAN
10-06-2009, 02:29 PM
Well Mika, You are a good sport. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your self while here.

I only commented after he invited the smack talk. Are you going to race with him in Key West?..

Trent now that the results are posted I understand. You got 0 points just like we did in Sarasota.

MikeyFIN
10-06-2009, 02:35 PM

Well sometimes I takes a FIN to Win..but it has to be Extreme...

That day will come even with Scott If you push us a lilībit here further ;)

MikeyFIN
10-06-2009, 02:41 PM
Well Mika, You are a good sport. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your self while here.

I only commented after he invited the smack talk. Are you going to race with him in Key West?..

Trent now that the results are posted I understand. You got 0 points just like we did in Sarasota.

Well you Know Scotty, heīs almost as bad as me shooting bull...
No Iīm not Racing as the seat is gone for another Driver and I actually wasnīt sure If can come over, darn Work...
But Iīm looking into to come just over and do some Wrenching for the boat there so Itīll RUN !!!
We know the Issues and Scotty has the main parts at home to get it really to kick butt like it has done.
That boat is Rock solid, you can throw it at any water and it just eats it up considering itīs size.
I mean it aint a 47...

MOBILEMERCMAN
10-06-2009, 03:13 PM
Nice. I hope to meet you if you make it.

DAREDEVIL
10-06-2009, 03:32 PM
Well you Know Scotty, heīs almost as bad as me shooting bull...
No Iīm not Racing as the seat is gone for another Driver and I actually wasnīt sure If can come over, darn Work...
But Iīm looking into to come just over and do some Wrenching for the boat there so Itīll RUN !!!
We know the Issues and Scotty has the main parts at home to get it really to kick butt like it has done.
That boat is Rock solid, you can throw it at any water and it just eats it up considering itīs size.
I mean it aint a 47...

Thanks Mika,,,but most of them don't even know what an aero-tek is ,,,like i say all the time 41feet in a 32hull..hehe

THE WORLDS ARE MINE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:USA:

imco offshore
10-06-2009, 03:33 PM
mikefin i wish you guys the best of luck ,,, however instead of two boats ,why don,t u help him start and finish a race, i know his attitude is ( i only go for the partys) but if just once he finished a race, i,m sure then he will want to try to win,,,, he has heart,, just needs someone to help , u could be the man ? good luck hope to meet u at a race,

MOBILEMERCMAN
10-06-2009, 03:36 PM
Thanks Mika,,,but most of them don't even know what an aero-tek is ,,,like i say all the time 41feet in a 32hull..hehe

Make it happen:sifone:

DAREDEVIL
10-06-2009, 03:40 PM
mikefin i wish you guys the best of luck ,,, however instead of two boats ,why don,t u help him start and finish a race, i know his attitude is ( i only go for the partys) but if just once he finished a race, i,m sure then he will want to try to win,,,, he has heart,, just needs someone to help , u could be the man ? good luck hope to meet u at a race,

George,,i finished races before,,,WTF are u talking about all the time ???

Dude an o-ring went bad,,do u think i did not want to run the whole race ???

U all need to stop,if ME finishing is so importent to u why don't u all send me a check and i go by new stuff !!!!!
And even then its not shure if it will last !
U all have bravo and merc engines ,,,more reliable then me + u have sponsors like IMCO and sofort,,,i am on my own out of my pocket and i am proud to do what i do , so stop posting nonsence .
Why did u not show up????? u live 20-30 min away ???!!!!
U all complain about others this and others that and your self is the problem.

OVER AND OUT:boxing_smiley:

DAREDEVIL
10-06-2009, 03:41 PM
make it happen:sifone:

watch me !!!!!!!!!

SVL66
10-06-2009, 03:47 PM
you've been talking crap all year long. Announcing a 20 race schedule, smack talkin class 4. your gonna do the entire OPA season and kick everyones azz, Then your only doing SBI cause they got TV. Then your done for the year, then your back and break 3 races in a row. Give it a rest already. You are your own worst enemy. Sit out until you can put together a reliable boat. Until then, shut the FUK up already.

No offense, but you talk too much:willy_nilly:

MOBILEMERCMAN
10-06-2009, 03:53 PM
watch me !!!!!!!!!

Show me!!!!!

MikeyFIN
10-06-2009, 03:54 PM

The Dream is running for me with an own boat offcourse, thenagain I need a Driver... ohboy here we go again...maybe not that good an idea afterall ;)

His Attitude is more strict than me about partying Iīm a Finn a We Do Party HARD and If I fly all the way to Florida I do Party.
But Iīm clean as a whistle the next day.
If it comes to wrenching Iīve proved everyone I can do it nonstop for a few days, even Weeks and then go Racing my self.
Scottys attitude is just right And I Know IT.

This is just (Motor)Sport, where you can relax a lilījust look at Kimi Räikkonen....or Keke Rosberg.. or any other FIN in F1, they all Party and Look at the others... oh boy...

Besides since 6 yrs Scotty hasnīt touched Alcohol at all. * So There.
Donīt ask How I know... I can tell when a man has done it or not.

MikeyFIN
10-06-2009, 03:55 PM
Show me!!!!!

This is getting interesting...:lurk5::sifone:

DAREDEVIL
10-06-2009, 04:10 PM
you've been talking crap all year long. Announcing a 20 race schedule, smack talkin class 4. your gonna do the entire OPA season and kick everyones azz, Then your only doing SBI cause they got TV. Then your done for the year, then your back and break 3 races in a row. Give it a rest already. You are your own worst enemy. Sit out until you can put together a reliable boat. Until then, shut the FUK up already.

Maybe i like talking and i try to keep my word when i talk,,not like others....which is the reason why i could not do the 20 races this season....
The reason doing only SBI ,,is because they where in my back yard and i had people pay me to do it ( atleast help pay for the expenses ), mhhh atleast thats what they say.

But anyhow, how are u fat boy????? :sifone:

Hope to se u in KW and show some balls in the SVL class, should be all of u there.....i heard.

DAREDEVIL
10-06-2009, 04:12 PM
First of all ,,,i am there to have fun boating and i love racing.

Second is winning,,because if that would be MY first thing u would all get mad at me !!! HEHE :rofl::USA:

DAREDEVIL
10-06-2009, 04:16 PM
JIM

i will .

By the way ,,how are u ?

MOBILEMERCMAN
10-06-2009, 04:16 PM
Hey Scott, You don't want any part of the any SVL:sifone:

20 races pretty lofty. Who do you think you are Bob Teague?

DAREDEVIL
10-06-2009, 04:19 PM
Hey Scott, You don't want any part of the any SVL:sifone:

20 races pretty lofty. Who do you think you are Bob Teague?

LOL,,,,,,no but i had people telling me they will fund all costs ( COACH ) would be one of them.

So since i have time ,,i thought ..NO PROBLEM...but not 1 cent came to me.
So i could not do it,,and made me look stupid.
LESSON LEARNED !!!!

Atleast in believing people in the US.:USA:

MikeyFIN
10-06-2009, 04:29 PM

I do even more... you got a problem with that ??:biggrinjester::lurk5::boxing_smiley::sifone::reddevil:

MOBILEMERCMAN
10-06-2009, 04:48 PM
By the way ,,how are u ?

Good Thanks.

MOBILEMERCMAN
10-06-2009, 04:50 PM

I do even more... you got a problem with that ??:biggrinjester::lurk5::boxing_smiley::sifone::reddevil:

Perfect Match? Mika and DD

DAREDEVIL
10-06-2009, 05:17 PM
Perfect Match? Mika and DD

LOL,,,,thats what we thought !!! :sifone:

Ratickle
10-06-2009, 05:29 PM
If Mika pitches more smack than DD, we've really gonna need another server here......:sifone:

I always say, if you pitch it out there, be ready and willing for it to return if you don't back it up.......

Anyway, I love smack talk. Tyler's pretty good at it too.....

Just don't get pizzed when someone smacks back....

I'm just glad Mika got some good test time in. It would have been too bad if something had gone wrong then.

And, I still don't get the sandbagging deal. How does the tech team have any idea what the boat will run in ideal conditions. And, what difference does it make>

DAREDEVIL
10-06-2009, 05:32 PM
And, I still don't get the sandbagging deal. How does the tech team have any idea what the boat will run in ideal conditions. And, what difference does it make>

RPM/PITCH/GEAR ratio ??!! maybe...........:26:

Also its somewhat easy to remember,,,F1 low to mid 80's ,some a little more ...F2 low to mid 90's ,, B -class high 90's, A -class high 80's some are always faster but thats it.

And actually if u really do the math,,,it works. The only sandbagger i know of is SIMMONS !! LOL

Ratickle
10-06-2009, 05:37 PM
RPM/PITCH/GEAR ratio ??!! maybe...........:26:

There is no way to know without testing. I can build a big block boat cammed for 5400 RPM max, or build one cammed for 7400 RPM max. Unless there is some telemetry on the boat, or testing is done by a technician driving, there is no way for anyone to say what the boat is capable of top speed. Same with prop etc.

I believe from my chat with the POPRA tech, they actually test the boat.

MikeyFIN
10-06-2009, 06:04 PM
LOL,,,,thats what we thought !!! :sifone:

True That !!

rchevelle71
10-06-2009, 08:51 PM

Just remember Scott............

You dont only have to beat us to win the worlds(we may not even be there), but the chicken, and Simmons, and I DONT see that happening.

DAREDEVIL
10-06-2009, 09:58 PM

You dont only have to beat us to win the worlds(we may not even be there), but the chicken, and Simmons, and I DONT see that happening.

U watch me too,,,,somebody has to do it !!!!:sifone::USA:

Ratickle
10-06-2009, 11:13 PM
U watch me too,,,,somebody has to do it !!!!:sifone::USA:

I'll be watching....Good luck, you'll need it.......:sifone:

MOBILEMERCMAN
10-06-2009, 11:25 PM
I don't know how you do it. Put in all the effort and lose cause you break out.. Damned if you don't finish damned if you break out.

Ratickle
10-06-2009, 11:28 PM
I don't know how you do it. Put in all the effort and lose cause you break out.. Damned if you don't finish damned if you break out.

Hey, if it was easy anybody could do it.....:sifone:

DAREDEVIL
10-06-2009, 11:28 PM

Your allowed to kick my a$$ if i do 1 of the 2 !!!!

fair enough ?? LOL:sifone:

Wish me luck instead of pulling down !!!!

Drive is getting overhauled from a friend of ours . Engine is getting gone thru complettley and maybe even beefed up a tat, prop is on check list.

What else ,Jim ,,,what else ??????????!!!!!!!

Tell me, please.:confused:

F1-00 Racing
10-06-2009, 11:29 PM

Rick,

We may or may not, nobody will ever know till Nov, but do you think we are going to bring another knife to a gun fight Rick? I think not lol new cam, heads and such are arriving this week and the motor will be pulled shortly. We are going F2 hunting and I left a message with Dee that I like white meat. Now its your job on how to make the boat handle with the xtra hp and torque.

No offense DD I really never worried about you competing with me with the little ole 500EFI, you certainly wont be on our radar from here on out, but I do appreciate you helping fill the class!!!!

Trent

DAREDEVIL
10-06-2009, 11:29 PM
I'll be watching....Good luck, you'll need it.......:sifone:

Thanks. NEED THE DECALS !!!!:sifone:

Ratickle
10-06-2009, 11:30 PM
Thanks. NEED THE DECALS !!!!:sifone:

The special lucky ones.....:)

DAREDEVIL
10-06-2009, 11:31 PM
Rick,

We may or may not, nobody will ever know till Nov, but do you think we are going to bring another knife to a gun fight Rick? I think not lol new cam, heads and such are arriving this week and the motor will be pulled shortly. We are going F2 hunting and I left a message with Dee that I like white meat. Now its your job on how to make the boat handle with the xtra hp and torque.

No offense DD I really never worried about you competing with me with the little ole 500EFI, you certainly wont be on our radar from here on out, but I do appreciate you helping fill the class!!!!

Trent

Best is u shut up and bring it on,,,i see u behind me in 4+ seas with your ole 26 footer. good luck to u .
Your mouth is bigger then your balls , my mouth is too but ask your wife about my balls. LOL:sifone:

DAREDEVIL
10-06-2009, 11:32 PM
the special lucky ones.....:)

yes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MOBILEMERCMAN
10-06-2009, 11:53 PM
What is the break out speed of your class?

Scotti. George did all the prep and testing. I am the lucky one I just drive it. Occasionally I will change a prop but, I only get to do that when its in the water. We raced it 12 laps Saturday left it to float all night and raced it 12 more laps on Sunday. Never put a wrench on it.

I love those Blue motors.

DAREDEVIL
10-06-2009, 11:59 PM
What is the break out speed of your class?

Scotti. George did all the prep and testing. I am the lucky one I just drive it. Occasionally I will change a prop but, I only get to do that when its in the water. We raced it 12 laps Saturday left it to float all night and raced it 12 more laps on Sunday. Never put a wrench on it.

I love those Blue motors.

Break out is 85, had it dialed in at 84+ tops in any water, but somehow lost 700 RPM since Sarasota and can't figure out where.
thats why we go thru the engine again.
Copy of a 750 Supercat ( 510 CI, only diffrents is steel heads and wet sump )
running #4 big shaft with a 17 X 29 prop @ (normally) 6800 RPM, 1:68 gear ratio.
Boat weighs only with 60 gallons fuel 5700 pounds and is 31.8 feet long with notched transom.
Handles like a 41 foot boat.
the only thing is the ecsselaration is not very good at the start,in the turns its super.

In A class the boat ran 90+ back in 90's .

MOBILEMERCMAN
10-07-2009, 12:07 AM
Your Class 4 matches OSS P2. That's what we ran in LOTO. Maybe with your type of timing in SBI I would have forced Martin to break out.:sifone:

Just wondering.

Ratickle
10-07-2009, 07:08 AM
Your Class 4 matches OSS P2. That's what we ran in LOTO. Maybe with your type of timing in SBI I would have forced Martin to break out.:sifone:

Just wondering.

I think I like the OSS type of timing a little better. It would be really nice to hear from guys who run both to see which makes for better racing.....

XtremeRacing
10-07-2009, 07:51 AM
SBI had the average lap speeds for yrs, and really doesnt work. GPS levels the playing feild.

Ratickle
10-07-2009, 07:54 AM
SBI had the average lap speeds for yrs, and really doesnt work. GPS levels the playing feild.

Why doesn't it work ???? Would seem to me like it would be better. But, I'd really like to see a combination of both used if possible.

MOBILEMERCMAN
10-07-2009, 09:15 AM

I can see why. You run the lap and gain an advantage at will and just slow down before crossing the line.

The thing that made running with MARTIN FUN IS he choose to let me duel it out in the turn. I had nothing to do with it. He could have showed me his transom the entire race.

XtremeRacing
10-07-2009, 10:15 AM
Just like JIm said if you r in a bracet average speed you can run 5-10 mph fast and slow down any time u want to stay in your average bracet pretty simple. Why do u think SBI and OPA use GPS. No different then APBA did yrs ago.

Ratickle
10-07-2009, 10:22 AM
Just like JIm said if you r in a bracet average speed you can run 5-10 mph fast and slow down any time u want to stay in your average bracet pretty simple. Why do u think SBI and OPA use GPS. No different then APBA did yrs ago.

The part that doesn't make sense to me though in OPA is the breakout if you go over by 1 or 2 mph one time during an entire race. I really believe there should be some kind of allowance. We all know that GPS isn't perfect. Put two side by side in your car and review the highest speed on recall every time you drive. They are never identical.

Ratickle
10-07-2009, 10:23 AM

Plus, from what Trent said, a boat that was capable of going 5 to 10 mph fast would be in a different class.

rchevelle71
10-07-2009, 10:27 AM
Rick,

Now its your job on how to make the boat handle with the xtra hp and torque.

Trent

Thats gonna be a tricky one

rchevelle71
10-07-2009, 10:29 AM
Boat weighs only with 60 gallons fuel 5700 pounds and is 31.8 feet long with notched transom.
Handles like a 41 foot boat.
the only thing is the ecsselaration is not very good at the start,in the turns its super.

In A class the boat ran 90+ back in 90's .

Congrats, you have a miracle boat, now if you can keep it running you MIGHT have a chance at 3rd place:biggrinjester:

DAREDEVIL
10-07-2009, 10:32 AM
Congrats, you have a miracle boat, now if you can keep it running you MIGHT have a chance at 3rd place:biggrinjester:

DOUSHBAG !!!!:sifone:
This year i like to get competition in KW ,,otherwise i would tell u to tell trent he can safe the bucks and leave the boat home,,,there is really nothing for him to gain down there.

XtremeRacing
10-07-2009, 12:45 PM
GPS are pretty damn close we run 2 in our boat and they are 1 tenth of a MPH off. The trick is to set the boat up so u cant brake out and run wide open all race. Slower at the start and right there as u burn fuel off.

Wahoo 214
10-07-2009, 02:14 PM
the position where u mount the GPS anntena also plays a significant role in its accuracy and frequency of speed spikes. They should always be mounted in the center of the transom

DAREDEVIL
10-07-2009, 02:20 PM
No wonder,,,i tought they belong on the nosecone. mmhh.

MikeyFIN
10-07-2009, 03:51 PM

Say what you wanīt but that boat actually handles pretty darn predictable.

When the issues are sorted out and itīs dialed in you better watch your asses like I said on Sunday..:26:

rchevelle71
10-07-2009, 04:02 PM
DOUSHBAG !!!!:sifone:
This year i like to get competition in KW ,,otherwise i would tell u to tell trent he can safe the bucks and leave the boat home,,,there is really nothing for him to gain down there.

Thats MR DOUCHEBAG to you:sifone:

I am only saying that you are in the same place as us, if you think you got something for Chicken, or Simmons more power to you, I think you are buying another 3rd place trophy, nothing wrong with that, I commend you for your persistence.

MikeyFIN
10-07-2009, 04:04 PM
No wonder,,,i tought they belong on the nosecone. mmhh.

So you put them inside there ??

rchevelle71
10-07-2009, 04:05 PM
Say what you wanīt but that boat actually handles pretty darn predictable.

When the issues are sorted out and itīs dialed in you better watch your asses like I said on Sunday..:26:

A agree, with it having a non stepped bottom, and a little more length it probably does handle quite a bit more predictable than a stepbottom boat, but my teams Driver and throttleman have a LOT of time together in that boat, it will be close between you and Scott vs. Trent and Scott, may even come down to who breaks first.

PS, I highly doubt it handles rough water like a 41(you know which one Scott meant):driving:

glassdave
10-07-2009, 04:17 PM
The part that doesn't make sense to me though in OPA is the breakout if you go over by 1 or 2 mph one time during an entire race. I really believe there should be some kind of allowance. We all know that GPS isn't perfect. Put two side by side in your car and review the highest speed on recall every time you drive. They are never identical.

I believe OPA does have an allowance for spikes in speed. Frankie has it down to a science.

and as said by Dean mounting location definitely affects spikes as well.

Ed and I have two different GPS's in the boat and his is always about a mile an hour faster . . . . or maybe its just him :D

Ratickle
10-07-2009, 04:47 PM
PS, I highly doubt it handles rough water like a 41(you know which one Scott meant):driving:

Don't be saying that "A" word here......:boxing_smiley:...(:))

Sean H
10-07-2009, 04:48 PM
I believe OPA does have an allowance for spikes in speed. Frankie has it down to a science.

and as said by Dean mounting location definitely affects spikes as well.

Ed and I have two different GPS's in the boat and his is always about a mile an hour faster . . . . or maybe its just him :D

you just need to switch yours back to MPH.... :seeya:

Ratickle
10-07-2009, 04:50 PM

That's what I was talking about. So, if they are both acceptable for the SBI list of approved GPS's, yours would beat Ed's every time......

And, you would not break out, even if his is accurate.

Anyway, I think someday a combination of both would enhance, not hinder.

DAREDEVIL
10-07-2009, 06:29 PM
you just need to switch yours back to mph.... :seeya:

lol

DAREDEVIL
10-07-2009, 08:47 PM
Thats MR DOUCHEBAG to you:sifone:

I am only saying that you are in the same place as us, if you think you got something for Chicken, or Simmons more power to you, I think you are buying another 3rd place trophy, nothing wrong with that, I commend you for your persistence.

LOL MR. haha:sifone::rofl::kiss:

rchevelle71
10-07-2009, 08:54 PM
Don't be saying that "A" word here......:boxing_smiley:...(:))

Nope,

Not me, been on a few of them there "A" brand boats, great ride, but takes some power to make speed.

glassdave
10-07-2009, 09:09 PM
That's what I was talking about. So, if they are both acceptable for the SBI list of approved GPS's, yours would beat Ed's every time......

And, you would not break out, even if his is accurate.

Anyway, I think someday a combination of both would enhance, not hinder.

that one mph diferential isnt likely gonna win ya a race. Its way more then just running the number.

glassdave
10-07-2009, 09:10 PM
you just need to switch yours back to MPH.... :seeya:

has any one . . . . .anyone at all . . . . not heard that story yet? :rofl::biggrinjester:

rchevelle71
10-08-2009, 07:48 AM
has any one . . . . .anyone at all . . . . not heard that story yet? :rofl::biggrinjester:

Dont worry Dave, we have all done that:26: