PDA

View Full Version : Finally, Boat racing on the radio

rchevelle71
10-01-2009, 07:47 AM
I have been saying it for years this needs to happen. As a Crew chief for more than one team over the past 7 or so years, there have been many times I was on the beach counting laps, scoring and timing when someone comes up to me and says "whats going on out there, is this some kind of race?" Today on my way into work I was listening to the Bubba the love Sponge show(based in Tampa/Clearwater, but nationally syndicated, and replayed on Sirius satelite by howard Stern). When out of the Blue he starts talking about the big SBI race in Clearwater this coming weekend, not sure if anyone put him up to it, or if so was it Clearwater, or SBI? Doesnt matter, what matters is when I am there this weekend on the beach people will know why we are there, and hopefully drag people out just to see us

imco offshore
10-04-2009, 06:48 PM
I have been saying it for years this needs to happen. As a Crew chief for more than one team over the past 7 or so years, there have been many times I was on the beach counting laps, scoring and timing when someone comes up to me and says "whats going on out there, is this some kind of race?" Today on my way into work I was listening to the Bubba the love Sponge show(based in Tampa/Clearwater, but nationally syndicated, and replayed on Sirius satelite by howard Stern). When out of the Blue he starts talking about the big SBI race in Clearwater this coming weekend, not sure if anyone put him up to it, or if so was it Clearwater, or SBI? Doesnt matter, what matters is when I am there this weekend on the beach people will know why we are there, and hopefully drag people out just to see us

bubba drove one of my late models at desoto speedway one sat, nite,,, he is funny and large,,,

rchevelle71
10-04-2009, 11:20 PM
bubba drove one of my late models at desoto speedway one sat, nite,,, he is funny and large,,,

Yes sir he is:26: